PDA

View Full Version : Weekend weather

Go Green
September 30th, 2015, 05:51 PM
So who is nervous that the hurricane is going to affect your team this weekend?

Libertine
September 30th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Playing inside this week. xthumbsupx

Just like most of my childhood.

lydiabixby
September 30th, 2015, 06:18 PM

Hurricane Joaquine will not impact the Northeast until late Sunday at the earliest.

Gangtackle11
September 30th, 2015, 06:20 PM
We are nervous playing Penn not the weather conditions. xsmhx

heath
September 30th, 2015, 07:06 PM
xlolxgoing with Euro model...........out to sea, too much hype,so it will happen

wmmii
September 30th, 2015, 08:47 PM
We played Stonybrook last weekend in the rain and probably get to go to the Blue Hens for rain again this weekend. We are practicing in it all this week as it has rained everyday here in the 'burg.

ngineer
September 30th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Hurricane Joaquine will not impact the Northeast until late Sunday at the earliest.

Problem is not the hurricane. Forecast from the Carolina up into NY shows very heavy bands of rain preceding the hurricane saturating the East all day Friday and into Saturday. Heaviest rain inland close to the Appalachians. Rain may break closer to the coast Saturday afternoon. Heavy rain associated more closely with hurricane will then hit, again, on Sunday. So even if not playing 'in the rain' most fields will be wet.

Go...gate
September 30th, 2015, 08:55 PM

Sunday is now the day? I had heard before that. The forecasts seem to be scattershot.

RedFlash
September 30th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Johnson City is looking at 1-2 inches of rain for Saturday's SFU vs. ETSU game. SFU played through a major downpour in Youngstown two weeks ago, so hopefully they'll be prepared.

CHIP72
October 1st, 2015, 12:17 AM

Not team. Teams, as in plural. Excluding Villanova (who is on a bye week this week), every college football team I root for could be impacted by the hurricane/weather system this weekend. Temple in particular could face an interesting situation in Charlotte on Friday night.

My biggest concern is actually with Sunday's Eagles/Redskins game in the DC area (a game I was planning to attend), though the NFL may decide to shift that game back to Sunday 11/1 (which is an off-date for both teams right now).

Catbooster
October 1st, 2015, 02:39 AM
Not too worried about it here xpeacex

Go Green
October 1st, 2015, 05:18 AM
Not team. Teams, as in plural. Excluding Villanova (who is on a bye week this week), every college football team I root for could be impacted by the hurricane/weather system this weekend. Temple in particular could face an interesting situation in Charlotte on Friday night.

My biggest concern is actually with Sunday's Eagles/Redskins game in the DC area (a game I was planning to attend), though the NFL may decide to shift that game back to Sunday 11/1 (which is an off-date for both teams right now).

Dartmouth goes to Philly to play Penn. Would like to think that our personnel is better suited for a rain game than theirs....

Also, keep an eye on Princeton-Columbia for Friday night. Tigers are heavily favored, but their razzle-dazzle offense tends to do poorly in poor weather. Doesn't help that their stud QB in his first year as a starter grew up in Los Angeles and presumably doesn't know much about playing in the rain. And Columbia's QB is a transfer from the U. of Florida....

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2015, 05:59 AM
Forecast for Boston area tomorrow (cloudy, 20% chance of rain) isn't too bad, so Harvard-Georgetown shouldn't be affected much.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 1st, 2015, 07:57 AM
JMU has already made gameday changes in anticipation of the deluge.

eiu1999
October 1st, 2015, 08:28 AM
Looks like 57 and 10% of rain in Clarksville, TN

Evolution Prime
October 1st, 2015, 10:35 AM
Not too worried about it here xpeacex

Same here! xthumbsupx

superman7515
October 1st, 2015, 11:03 AM
It may really affect the UD passing game. We managed to complete four passes last week, the second time in three games that the starting QB has pulled off that feat. If the rain is as hard and heavy as the claim, we may only see two completions.

ST_Lawson
October 1st, 2015, 12:00 PM
We're good in Illinois, but my thoughts are with you east coast folks. Stay safe.

bostonspider
October 1st, 2015, 01:45 PM
Just light rain called for in Richmond. But I imagine the crowd will not look like opening day..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPTM9InXAAAjDy_.jpg:large

tribe_pride
October 1st, 2015, 02:46 PM
It may really affect the UD passing game. We managed to complete four passes last week, the second time in three games that the starting QB has pulled off that feat. If the rain is as hard and heavy as the claim, we may only see two completions.

11 guys in the box for the Tribe?

GoBlueHens83
October 1st, 2015, 04:12 PM

Yeah, I'll take the under.

Go Green
October 2nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
Also, keep an eye on Princeton-Columbia for Friday night. Tigers are heavily favored, but their razzle-dazzle offense tends to do poorly in poor weather. Doesn't help that their stud QB in his first year as a starter grew up in Los Angeles and presumably doesn't know much about playing in the rain. And Columbia's QB is a transfer from the U. of Florida....

Tigers win 10-5.