PDA

View Full Version : Which Sideline Will Each Bracket Get for NC?

spoogemcgee18
December 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
Does anybody know which side each team will occupy come the National Championship game? Last year I believe the top bracket (App) had the smaller bleachers while the bottom bracket (Northern Iowa) had the big side.
I'm getting anxious to grab some tickets.

BeauFoster
December 3rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
It will be determined by a coin flip, but I don't know if said coin flip has occured yet. I assume that it has, since we were able to buy tickets for the NC immediately following the semifinal last year

th0m
December 3rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
So do they decide after the pairings what side will be shown on TV?

I'd imagine any side that has potential championship candidate ASU fans in them will show most impressively due to their proximity to Chatty.

spoogemcgee18
December 3rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
Anyone know how I can find out definitively?

APPST '93
December 3rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
I would think the ASU/YSU winner will be on the visitor side. I think they will bring more fans. Cameras are pointed to visitor side.

proasu89
December 3rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
From what I heard last year in Chattanooga the last 5 winners have come from the visitors side.

Griswold
December 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
There is a coin flip when the 16-team field is set to determine which half of the bracket is the home team. I have not heard yet how the flip fell this year.

chattanoogamocs
December 4th, 2006, 02:47 AM
In the past, the team that the Chattanooga Sports Committee felt would bring the largest crowd got the "away" stands (because, as mentioned, it is the "TV side").

December 4th, 2006, 10:17 AM
The coin flip has not been done yet. Hopefully we'll announce it on WAVES tomorrow night.

Griswold
December 4th, 2006, 10:33 AM
The coin flip has not been done yet. Hopefully we'll announce it on WAVES tomorrow night.

My apologizes. I thought it had already been done.

spoogemcgee18
December 4th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Will somebody please post on here as soon as it happens. I can´t listen to waves down here in Costa Rica.

December 4th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Will somebody please post on here as soon as it happens. I canīt listen to waves down here in Costa Rica.Follow the WAVES thread tomorrow because it will be posted if someone doesn't post it beforehand.

Appguy
December 4th, 2006, 08:42 PM
the smaller side is on camera since the cameras are on the pressbox side

OhioHen
December 5th, 2006, 02:11 PM
In the past, the team that the Chattanooga Sports Committee felt would bring the largest crowd got the "away" stands (because, as mentioned, it is the "TV side").

I don't know who made the decision, but in 2003 Delaware was the designated "Home" team -- wore blue jerseys and was listed as the home team on the scoreboard. This may have been done by coin flip.

However, AFTER I bought tickets to the game, I got a phone call back from the ticket sales folks that "they switched sidelines and we need to sell you different tickets" since UD fans were on the visitor's side (for TV as mentioned).

It's all about image.

HiHiYikas
December 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I have a pair of seats on each side (both 2nd-row, near midfield), and will gladly and gracioulsly sell my unused ones to whomever can use them, whichever teams win in the semifinals.

spoogemcgee18
December 5th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Has it been mentioned on WAVES yet?

ncguitarplyr
December 6th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Last year i got tickets relatively late and ended up sitting right next to the UNI marching band and all their fans...lets just say it was interesting...one UNI guy was talking way too much ****, he went to the snack bar and came back with a black eye

MYTAPPY
December 6th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Was it announced last night?

DinoDex200
December 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I hope if App gets there we can wear our All Black Unis...

Of course, we weren't wearing them last year, so why change? :)

First things first, though. Discussing things like this make me nervous...

appmountaineermaniac
December 6th, 2006, 01:58 PM
HiHiYikas I will glady purchase the tickets from you just let me know the row and seat numbers for whichever ones u sell you can contact me at [email protected]

ysubigred
December 6th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Last year i got tickets relatively late and ended up sitting right next to the UNI marching band and all their fans...lets just say it was interesting...one UNI guy was talking way too much ****, he went to the snack bar and came back with a black eye

Damn Cap'n Cat!! I told him to keep his Puni arse in his seat :D xlolx xlolx xlolx