PDA

View Full Version : Montana at Liberty

knucklehead
September 13th, 2015, 03:44 PM
I've been waiting for this game since I left WaGriz on 9/15/12. I thought Liberty was overmatched that day. Josh Woodrum's first game, Gill's first season, young team overall.

I think this LU team is much more powerful offensively and much more athletic on Defense. I'm hoping for a great show of firepower and a Big LU win. Either way, this should be a great game.

I think quite a few Griz fans are coming east and it will be a big game atmosphere at the Bill. I had a blast meeting a ton of Griz fans and watching the game in 2012 but I hope the Griz fans enjoy Lynchburg even more, and LU picks up the win. xthumbsupx

SENOREIDA
September 13th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I've been waiting for this game since I left WaGriz on 9/15/12. I thought Liberty was overmatched that day. Josh Woodrum's first game, Gill's first season, young team overall.

I think this LU team is much more powerful offensively and much more athletic on Defense. I'm hoping for a great show of firepower and a Big LU win. Either way, this should be a great game.

I think quite a few Griz fans are coming east and it will be a big game atmosphere at the Bill. I had a blast meeting a ton of Griz fans and watching the game in 2012 but I hope the Griz fans enjoy Lynchburg even more, and LU picks up the win. xthumbsupx
Sounds like fun! Will LU be providing the Kool-Aid at the tailgate?... JK

Think Montana comes into this game well rested and hungry to win after their loss to Cal Poly.

IBleedYellow
September 13th, 2015, 05:24 PM
I see Montana going home with a L...

However, I see this game going down to the wire just like a certain game back in August of this year.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2015, 05:24 PM
This should be a great test to tell us where both teams stand. Both teams coming off of losses.

Montana has had a tough schedule to start the season and this is a long trip.

KPSUL
September 13th, 2015, 05:43 PM
How many time have the Grizzles come to the East Coast to play a regular season or playoff game?

knucklehead
September 13th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Who's 1 good UM beat writer to follow? Griz fans can follow Damien Sordlett https://twitter.com/DamienSordelett for LU info this week.

Grizalltheway
September 13th, 2015, 07:13 PM
How many time have the Grizzles come to the East Coast to play a regular season or playoff game?

App State in 2012
Tennessee in 2011
JMU in 2008
Maine in 2003
Hofstra in 2002

Grizalltheway
September 13th, 2015, 07:15 PM
I see Montana going home with a L...

However, I see this game going down to the wire just like a certain game back in August of this year.

Tough one for me to call. If the offense can get on the same page and play like they did against NDSU, I think the D will stand tall and hold Liberty enough for us to get the W.

Then again, it's our first road trip and a very long one, so who knows.

jmufan999
September 13th, 2015, 07:19 PM
i would expect Liberty to win this one. but on the other hand, i didn't think the Griz could beat NDSU and i was proven wrong there. will be an excellent barometer for both teams, i see the final score differential being roughly 7-10. will it be televised?

centennial
September 13th, 2015, 07:19 PM
It is going to be a close game. I am giving the edge to Liberty.

jsnow84
September 13th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Should be a close game TO's will be critical for both teams. LU is going to have to slow the game down some with their running game, or it could be a long day. Should be interesting.

TheKingpin28
September 13th, 2015, 08:09 PM
i would expect Liberty to win this one. but on the other hand, i didn't think the Griz could beat NDSU and i was proven wrong there. will be an excellent barometer for both teams, i see the final score differential being roughly 7-10. will it be televised?

I think ESPN3 will have it on

knucklehead
September 13th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Should be a close game TO's will be critical for both teams. LU is going to have to slow the game down some with their running game, or it could be a long day. Should be interesting.

I expect this is the game plan. it's what LU did in the JMU playoff game.

- - - Updated - - -

I think ESPN3 will have it on

Yes, it is

Grizalltheway
September 13th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Who's 1 good UM beat writer to follow? Griz fans can follow Damien Sordlett https://twitter.com/DamienSordelett for LU info this week.

https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

citdog
September 13th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Falwell vs a mormon. The only real loser will be Christianity.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2015, 11:14 PM
very intereting FCS match up. should be more like this

Missingnumber7
September 14th, 2015, 12:33 AM
very intereting FCS match up. should be more like this
There've been a couple already...UM/NDSU, EWU/UNI, Jacksonville St/Chattanooga, Poly/UNI. I may be missing some, but it seems like the more and more that FBS teams are starting to pull away, more and more FCS teams are seeing an opportunity to play each other. I would like to see more scheduling opportunities like this. While it does suck to lose a home game and putting it out there that you could lose, I think having a quality loss is better than kicking the utter crap out of an FCS team that is on a different level than what you are. I'm all for games with great quality potential, or at least the ability to either prove what we see happening is right, blow everything up...or end up in a 40 overtime tie.

malibudude
September 14th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Griz fans... good luck on your tailgate at the stadium/Lynchburg etc. A bit dry there.

McNeese75
September 14th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Yo Grizzo

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddweimer/vssl-flask-light

veinup
September 14th, 2015, 10:05 AM
i'm gonna be out in the woods when this game happens. :( . my gut feeling is that Montana won't be coming home with a win, but I've been wrong before. quite recently in fact. xblahx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 14th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Both teams will have a big test. Should be a great atmosphere despite the dry tailgate - Liberty has a great home crowd. I think Montana wins by a TD.

F'N Hawks
September 14th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Montana is favored by 3.

Tealblood
September 14th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Both times I've tailgated at Liberty I had plenty of cold beer- I put it in a cup and didn't show my ass and everything was ok

Grizalltheway
September 14th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Montana is favored by 3.

Sounds about right. At home I think we win this by 10-14, but I'm sure Liberty's crowd will be hopped up on Diet Dr. Pepper and full of piss and vinegar.:D

KPSUL
September 14th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Montana by 10.

Missingnumber7
September 15th, 2015, 02:37 PM
I'm glad this is an evening game so I can watch. I think this could be an interesting game for the simple fact that there are 2 completely different games on tape for LU to scout. My guess is a 3 pt UM win.

knucklehead
September 15th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Notes from Gill's Presser today!

http://m.newsadvance.com/sports/damien-sordelett-blog/lu-football-notes-flames-need-to-score-touchdowns-against-grizzlies/article_aa1569f6-5c06-11e5-9c9d-5b7359c7df61.html?mode=jqm

Tidbits from Gill
Expect a high-scoring game Saturday night. Well, at least from Liberty’s standpoint.

Gill said the first key was to score at least 35 points to defeat Montana.

The second? Hold the Grizzlies to less than 17 points.

How are both things going to happen? First, the offense needs to convert on at least 45 percent of the third-down opportunities and the defense will need to continue tackling well.

On the tackling: “It hasn’t been horrible, but in key times, there have been situations where we’ve missed tackles in the last two ball games,” Gill said.

veinup
September 15th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I'll bet something that Montana is scoring more than 17 in this game.

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I'll bet something that Montana is scoring more than 17 in this game.

And I would have bet something that we'd score more than 19 against Poly.xeyebrowx

ngineer
September 15th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Wish I could see this one in person. Great atmosphere and to teams that should put on a good show. I'll pick Liberty purely on the standard 3 pt. home field advantage, but look for a great game.

jacksfan29
September 16th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Poly is a hard team to play. They play solid defense, they hit hard and are well coached.

I believe Montana will beat Liberty, it will be close and it will be high scoring. Will Montana score more than 17? Yes.

And I would have bet something that we'd score more than 19 against Poly.xeyebrowx

JMUNJ08
September 16th, 2015, 11:03 AM
App State in 2012
Tennessee in 2011
JMU in 2008
Maine in 2003
Hofstra in 2002

How about regular season? I assume the later 3 were all playoffs? JMU certainly was since I was there... App State was the H&H

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2015, 11:09 AM
How about regular season? I assume the later 3 were all playoffs? JMU certainly was since I was there... App State was the H&H

JMU was the only playoff game. UT was a paycheck game, the others were home and homes.

DuckDuckGriz
September 16th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Other trips east for the Griz:

@ Iowa (2006)
@ McNeese (playoffs 2002)

Missingnumber7
September 16th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Other trips east for the Griz:

@ Iowa (2006)
@ McNeese (playoffs 2002)

ROFLMAO If you are gonna count these then throw NDSU and UN? in there as well.

paytonlives
September 16th, 2015, 03:12 PM
UM 35
Lib 20

knucklehead
September 16th, 2015, 06:51 PM
LU 31 UM 21 Record crowd.

Mr. C
September 18th, 2015, 06:02 PM
App State in 2012
Tennessee in 2011
JMU in 2008
Maine in 2003
Hofstra in 2002

Been to the last three Montana games on the east coast and will be covering Saturday's game at Liberty. Can't wait to see the Griz again.

Grizzlies82
September 19th, 2015, 10:21 AM

I hope you're right about the crowd and wrong about the score.

I'm guessing a week off will have the Grizzlies offense clicking again on all cylinders. Don't know what to expect from Liberty but suspect the Griz win an exciting one there. Glad they scheduled this series. Really enjoy these match ups with uncommon non-conference opponents. Go Griz!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 03:17 PM
What channel (DirectTv) should be going and buying? I'll go look back and see if this was covered and I forgot it already but if someone has it handy please let me know.

grizband
September 19th, 2015, 03:29 PM
What channel (DirectTv) should be going and buying? I'll go look back and see if this was covered and I forgot it already but if someone has it handy please let me know.
Think I saw channel 790 on DirectTV, Ursus.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Think I saw channel 790 on DirectTV, Ursus.

Much appreciated brother. I knew it was way up there cuz I've purchased a lot of these but figured someone have it pinned down fairly directly. Big rep shot coming your way for saving me some scrolling.

grizband
September 19th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Much appreciated brother. I knew it was way up there cuz I've purchased a lot of these but figured someone have it pinned down fairly directly. Big rep shot coming your way for saving me some scrolling.
Thanks for the boost buddy! Just helping a fellow Griz fan out. I don't have DirectTV, trying to figure out how I'll watch the game!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the boost buddy! Just helping a fellow Griz fan out. I don't have DirectTV, trying to figure out how I'll watch the game!

I'm honestly just thinking about listening to Mick do a game for old time's sake.

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 05:18 PM

If you have Charter you can watch it on ESPN3.

grizband
September 19th, 2015, 05:23 PM
If you have Charter you can watch it on ESPN3.
I've got Charter internet, but not cable. I've been able to watch other games on ESPN 3 today, so I hope this remains true for the Griz game.

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Same here, internet service is all you need for ESPN3.

Roamingriz
September 19th, 2015, 06:08 PM

Somehow it doesn't work on the cell phone on watchespn app, but works on espn3 on the TV with the same charter account..... Not sure what to make of that however...... If that saves anyone time buggin' with the thing.....

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 06:11 PM

Except for the people paying way more for business services...**** them. Will be moving away from these assholes ASAP.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Dang. The route is on in Lynchburg.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Somehow it doesn't work on the cell phone on watchespn app, but works on espn3 on the TV with the same charter account..... Not sure what to make of that however...... If that saves anyone time buggin' with the thing.....
One is using your Internet the other your cell provider. Cell providers fall under watch espn, not espn3.

It really is a ****ed up relationship

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Dang. The route is on in Lynchburg.

Horrible start but it ain't over yet.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 06:29 PM

...but as of right now it is on. ;)

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 06:35 PM

That didn't make me feel any better. xconfusedx

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 06:37 PM
This Jerry's Jokers thing is beyond creepy.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 06:37 PM
The Griz are an absolute train wreck

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 06:47 PM
The Griz STILL look like a train wreck - just sloppy football

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Jerry's Jokers are creepy, and the missed FG is awful.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 06:50 PM
If Montana loses, they could struggle to make the playoffs, staying home would be a even bigger long shot.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Another deep ball to the Griz 20.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 06:54 PM
The Flamers are moving the ball at will

Silenoz
Well, so much for this season

clenz
Montana..looks...

Well, it's pretty clear to me that the reason they beat NDSU was it being the first home game, all the hype, etc...

Essentially they just rode a wave of emotion to the win - and needed Wentz on one foot to do so

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Montana may fall out of my top 25 this week if they don't come back and put about 40 unanswered up

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 06:56 PM
So far I'm impressed with Liberty. Not sure there are 24 other teams to put over the Griz. A lot of weird stuff so far this season.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Montana may fall out of my top 25 this week if they don't come back and put about 40 unanswered up

Careful big fella your hatred is showing...

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2015, 06:59 PM

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet, however, NDSU's loss to them is starting to possibly look worse.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet, however, NDSU's loss to them is starting to possibly look worse.
That's for sure

The reality is Montana had a ton of unknowns entering the season and were a 13-20 team on most ballots. The road a wave of emotion to a big win in their first game

Since then they've lost to Cal Poly and are getting curb stomped by Liberty - and looking like complete dog **** in the process.

Face the reality - if the uniforms were a color other than maroon and silver and the helmet didn't say Griz that team wouldn't be ranked this coming week.

They will stay ranked because of the fact it's Montana

Silenoz
September 19th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Chalich appearance. Did Gus get hurt or just suck?

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2015, 07:02 PM
That's for sure

Have to remember the circumstances, though.

NDSU with a brand new defense that was young. UM hadn't beaten NDSU @ UM since WWI, etc. UM was playing in a big game, on ESPN, etc. That said, they were the better football team that day, and my hat off to them.

Do remember, Liberty is a very good football team this year.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Have to remember the circumstances, though.

NDSU with a brand new defense that was young. UM hadn't beaten NDSU @ UM since WWI, etc. UM was playing in a big game, on ESPN, etc. That said, they were the better football team that day, and my hat off to them.

Do remember, Liberty is a very good football team this year.
Do remember that is the best Montana has looked all year - and it was against NDSU who had 10 new starters on defense. AMAF, that's the only time Montana has looked good on offense...against a defense with 10 new starters, in their first game, in a hostile environment....and even then it took a touchdown with 2 seconds left to win.

Montana is 2 seconds away from potentially being 0-3

We need to remember that, and not give them a break just because their uniforms has Montana.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Now, is it possible for Montana to turn this game around and prove me wrong? Absolutely.

There were a lot of questions about this Montana team preseason, and the more we get into the season the more we are learning the NDSU game may have been an abiration.

As of now, down 17-0 in the first half to Liberty, and losing to Poly last week, does nothing to prove my thoughts anything but correct.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Blah blah blah

No.1 ranked team goes on the road to play No. 12
and loses - it happens

No. 7 team goes on the road to play no. 15
there's a good chance they can lose that game

Just let the actual GAME be played out - your constant blathering over just letting it happen is sad

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Depends on the outcome of UNI-CP.

Beating a Top 10 team and losing to a Top 25 team by 1 and losing to another Top 25 team still sounds like a Top 25 team to me.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Blah blah blah

No.1 ranked team goes on the road to play No. 12
and loses - it happens

No. 7 team goes on the road to play no. 15
there's a good chance they can lose that game

Just let the actual GAME be played out - your constant blathering over just letting it happen is sad
Do you have anything of value to add...ever?

Face it - this Montana team would be struggling to hold onto a top 25 spot if their jerseys didn't say Montana on it right now

Prove me wrong

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Do you have anything of value to add...ever?

Face it - this Montana team would be struggling to hold onto a top 25 spot if their jerseys didn't say Montana on it right now

Prove me wrong

I don't have to prove anything... the games do that all by themselves
But I repeat - your constant mulling over of minutia is worthless in the 2nd quarter

NDSU went on the road and lost - to Montana - it happens (I'm sorry it hurts so much)

Montana a notoriously average road team lost last week with 4 seconds on the clock
Tonight they look like ***** on the road against a ranked team

What's so "Shocking" for you here..?

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I don't have to prove anything... the games do that all by themselves
But I repeat - your constant mulling over of minutia is worthless in the 2nd quarter

NDSU went on the road and lost - to Montana - it happens (I'm sorry it hurts so much)

Montana a notoriously average road team lost last week with 4 seconds on the clock
Tonight they look like ***** on the road against a ranked team

What's so "Shocking" for you here..?I'm not a NDSU fan - nothing about that loss hurts.

So I should continue to rank a notoriously average/bad road team after proving they can't win on the road....why? Because it means they have more home games than road games left?

If that jersey didn't say Montana on it you wouldn't be disagreeing with me

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 07:19 PM
I'm not a NDSU fan - nothing about that loss hurts.

So I should continue to rank a notoriously average/bad road team after proving they can't win on the road....why? Because it means they have more home games than road games left?

If that jersey didn't say Montana on it you wouldn't be disagreeing with me

Dude I don't care who you rank wherever or whatever... knock yourself out big guy
But you are a HATER and are far (far) from a neutral observer

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Can Montana turn my thoughts around? Yes. I've already said that.

There's nothing about them that are top 15 worthy right now.

I didn't say they were out of my top 25, I said they are going to struggle to hold on if they don't turn it around.

I also don't trust Liberty to be highly rated. They've **** the bed, and their high ranking, far too often for me to completely trust them in anyway.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 07:20 PM
TD Griz. 9-17

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Dude I don't care who you rank wherever or whatever... knock yourself out big guy
But you are a HATER and are far (far) from a neutral observer
I'm a hater because I don't think they are a top 10 program?

Get off your high horse you ****

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 07:22 PM

You're going to DENY that you you are... (That is hilarious)
Thank you for that little gem

xeyebrowx

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 07:22 PM

Can Montana turn my thoughts around? Yes. I've already said that.

There's nothing about them that are top 15 worthy right now.

I didn't say they were out of my top 25, I said they are going to struggle to hold on if they don't turn it around.

I also don't trust Liberty to be highly rated. They've **** the bed, and their high ranking, far too often for me to completely trust them in anyway.

Are we talking Top 10, 15 or 25? xlolx

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Alright, time to put in the back up kicker too.

clenz
You're going to DENY that you you are... (That is hilarious)
Thank you for that little gem

xeyebrowx
What am I hating?

Actually proving an answer other than your typical holier than thou bull **** of skating around the question.

Who, and what, am I hating - show your work

PantherRob82
Alright, time to put in the back up kicker too.

Is the starter a Villanova transfer? :)

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Yep. They may fall out of the top 25.

I was told I'm a hater because they are a bad road team and I don't think bad road teams are top 10

They sure as hell aren't top 15 as of right now - which goes back to my first point.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Blocked punt, Montana ball at the 5.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:28 PM
And so I'm fair...to prove I'm an equal opportunity hater...

If Liberty finds a way to completely blow this they very well may fall out of my top 25 submission as well. They weren't too securly in it to begin with.

No better way to fall out than blow a 17 point first half lead.

Prime Power
September 19th, 2015, 07:30 PM
I am not a Montana fan, but I would like them to win just to see how these announcers on ESPN3 would react.

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 07:32 PM
How the hell is that not PI? Jesus.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 07:33 PM

Trying to have an adult conversation with Clenz... it ain't easy

Roamingriz
September 19th, 2015, 07:33 PM
How the hell is that not PI? Jesus.

Right?!?

Roamingriz
September 19th, 2015, 07:35 PM
And what's up with the facepainted "Jerry's juggaloes" on the sideline?!? F'n weird man.......

Prime Power
September 19th, 2015, 07:38 PM
And so I'm fair...to prove I'm an equal opportunity hater...

If Liberty finds a way to completely blow this they very well may fall out of my top 25 submission as well. They weren't too securly in it to begin with.

No better way to fall out than blow a 17 point first half lead.

Better drop UNI out of top 25 if they lose tonight then too....lol

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Better drop UNI out of top 25 if they lose tonight then too....lol
They will be.

I have UNI below Montana, Cal Poly and Liberty right now.

They were completely out of of my rankings last week...but beating the preseason Big Sky champion moved them back into the top 25, but not top 20.

A loss to Cal Poly moves them out for sure.

That's the fun part about not ranking by the name on the jersey. You aren't bound to trying to justify your favorite team, or a historical power, in the poll (or position in the poll) when they don't belong there.

Prime Power
September 19th, 2015, 07:43 PM
They will be.

I have UNI below Montana, Cal Poly and Liberty right now.

They were completely out of of my rankings last week...but beating the preseason Big Sky champion moved them back into the top 25, but not top 20.

A loss to Cal Poly moves them out for sure.

That's the fun part about not ranking by the name on the jersey. You aren't bound to trying to justify your favorite team, or a historical power, in the poll (or position in the poll) when they don't belong there.

Agreed

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 07:44 PM
AgreedThat's why I'm challenging Cleets to prove I'm a hater.

If I'm a Griz hater, then I'm a hater of every single FCS team in the nation (including UNI).

At that point is it still being a hater? If the same exact approach is taken with every team doesn't the "hating" start to turn into being pretty unbiased?

citdog
September 19th, 2015, 07:47 PM
And what's up with the facepainted "Jerry's juggaloes" on the sideline?!? F'n weird man.......

Well 'Ol Jerry did lose his virginity to his own mother in an outhouse. I saw it in Hustler.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 07:54 PM
That's why I'm challenging Cleets to prove I'm a hater.

If I'm a Griz hater, then I'm a hater of every single FCS team in the nation (including UNI).

At that point is it still being a hater? If the same exact approach is taken with every team doesn't the "hating" start to turn into being pretty unbiased?

Okay,
So you claim to NOT be a hater (okee dokee)
Can we settle on "Incessantly Rambling Incomprehensible dingleberry" is that closer..?

parr90
September 19th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Well 'Ol Jerry did lose his virginity to his own mother in an outhouse. I saw it in Hustler.

How you doin Citdog? I think I will go and watch another game now, this one is ugly. Its just a matter of more elite athletes at GS. Good luck with the rest of your season captain

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Montana..looks...

Well, it's pretty clear to me that the reason they beat NDSU was it being the first home game, all the hype, etc...

Essentially they just rode a wave of emotion to the win - and needed Wentz on one foot to do so
Wentz wasn't on one foot until late in the game.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Montana looks so sloppy and frankly - poorly coached

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Montana looks bad. They might win this game but something will have to change. Did they catch lighting in a bottle with NDSU?

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 08:08 PM
TD Flames.

This game is boring to watch

centennial
TD!

Liberty 24 Montana 12

Cleets
Montana looks bad. They might win this game but something will have to change. Did they catch lighting in a bottle with NDSU?

You could argue they have "regressed" and not get much argument from me...

Kemo
September 19th, 2015, 08:10 PM
The halfback pass is immoral. Liberty is a bunch of hypocrites xrotatehx

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:11 PM
The halfback pass is immoral. Liberty is a bunch of hypocrites xrotatehx
Repped

parr90
September 19th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Liberty is no joke this year. We may see a new FCS Champ this year!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 08:15 PM

I'm just trying to catch up but trust me, you look like a trolling asshole, not cleets. Who GAF where you rank them. Your "prove me wrong" bull**** is f'n stupid dude.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Liberty is no joke this year. We may see a new FCS Champ this year!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/4O2Qgj3.jpg

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Griz TD makes it 19-24.

Gustavson(sp?) did get injured. In street clothes.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Griz TD makes it 19-24.

Gustavson(sp?) did get injured. In street clothes.

Gustavson might be hurt but not as much as watching him hurt my eyes...
He looked lost

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Clenz, find a hobby other than being a douchebag.xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Griz fumble on the 1 yard line.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Turnover. Good break for Liberty.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Nate Harris is down with an injury. Looks like it could be bad.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 08:32 PM

That hurts us a bunch man.

Sly Fox
September 19th, 2015, 08:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2xcJYFY.jpg

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Another bad snap for the Griz.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 08:38 PM
WoW!!! 22.5K fans

Mr. C
September 19th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Heard in the press box Crittenden is out with a serious injury as well. Looked like Harris reinjured his shoulder. Crittenden is on the sidelines in street clothes with a knee brace.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW!!! 22.5K fans
Great atmosphere here.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Montana came alive for 2 drives, back to regular programming now.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 19th, 2015, 08:43 PM
WoW!!! 22.5K fans

The Sun Belt really missed out.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:45 PM
TD Liberty!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2015, 08:45 PM
WoW!!! 22.5K fans

That's Liberty for you. An "FCS" school.

- - - Updated - - -

I could have run that hole Abner ran through.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:49 PM
That's Liberty for you. An "FCS" school.

- - - Updated - - -

I could have run that hole Abner ran through.
Liberty right now is no different from NDSU, Montana, JMU and a few others.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad snap again

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Jesus Christ we need a new center.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 08:53 PM
This Griz team looks awful...

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Somethings gotta change real quick for the Griz to have a chance....as he muffs the punt.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Dropped it, got lucky didn't go anywhere.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 08:57 PM
3 and out Montana

Kemo
September 19th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Not sure if I should be impressed with Liberty's pass rush or appalled by Montana's blocking.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 09:00 PM
For all the offensive wizardry we're told to expect
Montana has run what looks like 3 different running plays to no success
and a handful of passing plays

And they had 2 weeks to plan for this game no..?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 09:02 PM
This Griz team looks awful...

They show flashes but just make so many mistakes they can't help but not look good. It's a mess right now for sure though.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 09:03 PM
TIck tick tick

Bisonator
3 and out Montana

WTF happened to Stitt going for it on 4th down? xlolx

PantherRob82

That's how we felt at UNI. Give them time, I guess?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2015, 09:07 PM

We have seen it....just not consistently and I would think that is probably to be expected early especially now with a new QB and an O line that just ain't where we need it.

A lot of the players are making a lot of mistakes man and that changes how anything looks...even if could be something good.

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Montana isn't helping themselves.

Cleets
September 19th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Montana isn't helping themselves.

That's probably the nicest way you could say that... xchinscratchx

uofmman1122
September 19th, 2015, 09:11 PM
We're gonna end up as a "bad loss" for NDSU.

Ugh...

Drblankstare
September 19th, 2015, 09:12 PM
That's how we felt at UNI. Give them time, I guess?

Agree. These types of offenses take some time to perfect. A lot of timing involved. At the end of the day, I think both offenses will be fine.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Montana blocks another punt.

- - - Updated - - -

Not good odds, but that blocked punt gives them a shot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Same fade plays and same result....

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2015, 09:19 PM

Montana wasn't ever able to run against NDSU either. It was that passing that ripped.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Wow, Liberty is going to win......

Two really good wins for the Big South today...

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 09:20 PM
That's that.

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2015, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2253503]Wow, Liberty is going to win......

..[/QUOTE}

I knew that, just check the Clenz game

mvemjsunpx
Wow, Liberty is going to win......

Two really good wins for the Big South today...

Two?

Go Lehigh TU owl
Liberty is a legit title contender. Going into Williams Stadium in December will be a chore....

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Two?
Coastal barely beat WIU, they are 5th-6th MVFC

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Two?

CCU over WIU is a good win. Although I thought it was in Macomb when it was actually in MB...

centennial
September 19th, 2015, 09:28 PM
No idea what to think about Montana now. Guess it's up to see how good Cal Poly is.

mvemjsunpx
September 19th, 2015, 09:28 PM
CCU over WIU is a good win. Although I thought it was in Macomb when it was actually in MB...

I though CCU would win a lot easier than that (and they were favored to win by at least 10), so I would just call it a decent win (nowhere near "real good").

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 09:37 PM
No idea what to think about Montana now. Guess it's up to see how good Cal Poly is.

Agreed. After this game, not sure a UNI win would mean much in telling us how good UNI is either. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2015, 09:40 PM

They've faced a brutal 3 game stretch to open the year. I have feeling they reel off a few wins in a row now and get their mojo back....

Bisonwinagn
September 19th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Montana's QB got hurt and didn't play at least the second half. Would of been different if he played.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 09:52 PM
It's okay Griz.

You're still great!

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Montana's QB got hurt and didn't play at least the second half. Would of been different if he played.

No Griz fans complained when he left. ;)

Libertine
September 19th, 2015, 10:48 PM

Holy. Crap.

You and I are meeting up to pick lotto numbers tomorrow.

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 11:05 PM

Chalich played fine for the most part. Just too much sloppy play and Liberty took advantage.

And clenz is still a douche.

clenz
September 19th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Chalich played fine for the most part. Just too much sloppy play and Liberty took advantage.

And clenz is still a douche.
Lighten up francis.

It's a message board. We're all having fun here.

Just wait for UNI to blow a 3 score half time lead...then join me in hating on UNI

knucklehead
September 19th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Holy. Crap.

You and I are meeting up to pick lotto numbers tomorrow.

Haha that's a date. Tell the coaches thanks for the safety. What a win what a crowd.

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Lighten up francis.

It's a message board. We're all having fun here.

Just wait for UNI to blow a 3 score half time lead...then join me in hating on UNI

Fair enough. I tend to be crankier than usual after games like that.

SumItUp
September 19th, 2015, 11:22 PM

WOW!

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2015, 11:53 PM
The Lord's hand was mighty indeed.

Lehigh'98
September 20th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Congrats Liberty! Very big win for their program.

srgrizizen
September 20th, 2015, 12:37 PM

I believe you should think they are a very flawed football team not deserving of their high ranking until they prove otherwise.xtwocentsx

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 12:44 PM
I believe you should think they are a very flawed football team not deserving of their high ranking until they prove otherwise.xtwocentsx
I say it and I'm a hater and a douche.

15 other people in this thread say it and it's okay...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 20th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I say it and I'm a hater and a douche.

15 other people in this thread say it and it's okay...

You really have a poor sense of self and what was going on clenz. You want to be an ass then take your own f'n advice when people don't want to listen to you overvalue your own opinion while they are updating a game.

After the game, sure, you can make a judgment that others can go over a little better than **** in the first quarter when we've seen teams come come out flat over and over and then catch their stride. We're two seconds away from being 2-1 abd 3 seconds away from being 0-3 so what does that tell you? It tells you that we are probably at the 20 range and possibly in the 25 area but we are also a couple steps or plays away from being in the top 10. We do deserve to take a hit for the losses but listening to the expanded whining about the color of the jersey and so forth is dumb ****. We have that reputation because we earned it so STFU. You didn't whine like that when UNI goes 0-4 and still has some flair because they have a decent history so seriously man try and have some integrity.

Stop starting **** and acting like a bitch when you get feedback over it. You were being a f'n jerk off. Nobody gave a **** about your poll ranking while the game was going on. Monday, we'll argue about it, game time, doesn't matter a whole lot. That f'n "prove me wrong" **** let everyone know the crap you were trying to stir in the thread so enough of the innocent act.

Silenoz
September 20th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Wow, I should probably go back and read this whole thread if this page is any indication.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Wow, I should probably go back and read this whole thread if this page is any indication.
Jizzang got pissy that I pointed out Montana was potetinally playing their way out of a top 25 spot and the reason they likely hold onto the top 25 is because their jersey says Montana, as they were down 17-0, and it turned into I'm a hater and a douche and what not.

Fast forward a quater of game action from that and he was calling Montana terrible and awful and what not

Silenoz
September 20th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I mean, you do advertise a disdain of us...

But yeah, I honestly have no idea where to rank us anymore. We'll probably lose to NAU since that's something we do now. The mind boggles.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I mean, you do advertise a disdain of us...

But yeah, I honestly have no idea where to rank us anymore. We'll probably lose to NAU since that's something we do now. The mind boggles.
See, this is where the prove it comes in to play.

Where do I advertise distance and hate? Do I go out of my way to hate Montana more than any other program, including UNI?

centennial
September 20th, 2015, 03:08 PM
See, this is where the prove it comes in to play.

Where do I advertise distance and hate? Do I go out of my way to hate Montana more than any other program, including UNI?
The traditional FCS powers do get a LOT more leeway. Montana, UNI, Delaware, now NDSU are all included in that. 1-2 right now they are barely a top 20 team for me. I don't want Montana to become a bad loss for us, watching the game yesterday I am not positive Montana will turn it around.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 03:14 PM
The traditional FCS powers do get a LOT more leeway. Montana, UNI, Delaware, now NDSU are all included in that. 1-2 right now they are barely a top 20 team for me. I don't want Montana to become a bad loss for us, watching the game yesterday I am not positive Montana will turn it around.
Exactly.

Had Poly looked better against UNI I would look at that loss differently, eve though it's last second. They looked BAD against Liberty. I am also reevaluating where NDSU falls right now. Neither of their wins are impressive, in terms of competition.

I also said I wasn't sold on Liberty because of the fact Liberty often builds up a gaudy look and then falls apart come late season.

I understand traditional powers get more leway. I give it as well to an extent. At some point we need to look past the fact it says Montana on the uniform and start asking would I rank this team if it wasn't Montana, EWU, UNI, Delaware, etc...?

PantherRob82
September 20th, 2015, 03:25 PM
So who passes your litmus test, clenz?

GreatAppSt
September 20th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Checks inxsmiley_wix......

What am I hating?

Actually proving an answer other than your typical holier than thou bull **** of skating around the question.

Who, and what, am I hating - show your work

looks aroundxscanxxdontknowx......

You really have a poor sense of self and what was going on clenz. You want to be an ass then take your own f'n advice when people don't want to listen to you overvalue your own opinion while they are updating a game.

After the game, sure, you can make a judgment that others can go over a little better than **** in the first quarter when we've seen teams come come out flat over and over and then catch their stride. We're two seconds away from being 2-1 abd 3 seconds away from being 0-3 so what does that tell you? It tells you that we are probably at the 20 range and possibly in the 25 area but we are also a couple steps or plays away from being in the top 10. We do deserve to take a hit for the losses but listening to the expanded whining about the color of the jersey and so forth is dumb ****. We have that reputation because we earned it so STFU. You didn't whine like that when UNI goes 0-4 and still has some flair because they have a decent history so seriously man try and have some integrity.

Stop starting **** and acting like a bitch when you get feedback over it. You were being a f'n jerk off. Nobody gave a **** about your poll ranking while the game was going on. Monday, we'll argue about it, game time, doesn't matter a whole lot. That f'n "prove me wrong" **** let everyone know the crap you were trying to stir in the thread so enough of the innocent act.

xchinscratchx xlolx........xwhistlex Checks out quickly.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 03:29 PM
So who passes your litmus test, clenz?
Right now I'm buying Liberty, which will help Montana

It's getting tougher for me to find teams I actually "buy" right now.

PantherRob82
September 20th, 2015, 03:39 PM
I also said I wasn't sold on Liberty because of the fact Liberty often builds up a gaudy look and then falls apart come late season.

Right now I'm buying Liberty, which will help Montana

It's getting tougher for me to find teams I actually "buy" right now.

I'm confused.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 03:47 PM
I'm confused.
During the game I said I've never been sold on Liberty in the past - and why I thought they should be lower in the polls going into this week than they were - because of the fact Liberty likes to build up the record in the Big South and then

At this point, I'm buying Liberty, especially when looking at what else is out there right now.

Context of time of statement isn't hard to follow, I didn't think

PantherRob82
September 20th, 2015, 04:04 PM
During the game I said I've never been sold on Liberty in the past - and why I thought they should be lower in the polls going into this week than they were - because of the fact Liberty likes to build up the record in the Big South and then

At this point, I'm buying Liberty, especially when looking at what else is out there right now.

The post I quoted was from today and explained why you said you weren't sold on Liberty. You didn't add, "but now I am" or anything to clarify. ;)

What other teams are you voting towards the top of the poll?

Bisonwinagn
September 20th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Liberty at SIU next week will be a big test as well.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 04:08 PM
The post I quoted was from today and explained why you said you weren't sold on Liberty. You didn't add, "but now I am" or anything to clarify. ;)

What other teams are you voting towards the top of the poll?
Read my quote again, and then the context around it. I posted it in past tense, talking about a quote from last night. Using context clues is helfpul.

Right now the more I play with fitting teams in the more I don't like it.

jsnow84
September 20th, 2015, 04:09 PM

You must have forgot beating #1 (lol) at Coastal, JMU on the road in the playoffs and a very close loss at Nova in the pouring rain last year. Finished pretty well. Admittedly, one year is not a big sample size, but it was recent. :)

KPSUL
September 20th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Liberty has been methodically building for this season over the past several years. They've played a tough OOC schedule that has made them among the most competitive teams in FCS. They returned a lot of key starters from a very good 2014 playoff team.

Montana deserves credit for travelling across the country to play one of the best teams in the East and giving them a challenging game in their own stadium. I hope they get back on the winning track when they start their conference schedule next week.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 04:10 PM
You must have forgot beating #1 (lol) at Coastal, JMU on the road in the playoffs and a very close loss at Nova in the pouring rain last year. Finished pretty well. Admittedly, one year is not a big sample size, but it was recent. :)
1 year is a tiny sample size to point too when there is a decade of doing exactly as I pointed out. Again, I might be a bit slower on Liberty than others. I can admit that. I still don't know if I buy them long term but right now, sure.

PantherRob82
September 20th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Read my quote again, and then the context around it. I posted it in past tense, talking about a quote from last night. Using context clues is helfpul.

Right now the more I play with fitting teams in the more I don't like it.

Don't ask questions. Got it. ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 20th, 2015, 04:18 PM
The Griz are an absolute train wreck

The Griz STILL look like a train wreck - just sloppy football

The Flamers are moving the ball at will

Jizzang got pissy that I pointed out Montana was potetinally playing their way out of a top 25 spot and the reason they likely hold onto the top 25 is because their jersey says Montana, as they were down 17-0, and it turned into I'm a hater and a douche and what not.

Fast forward a quater of game action from that and he was calling Montana terrible and awful and what not

Bull****. He was doing it before you ever started your trolling. Keep playing the "what did I do?" all you want but it's BS.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Bull****. He was doing it before you ever started your trolling. Keep playing the "what did I do?" all you want but it's BS.
My first post also said nothing of rankings. When I did bring it up it was simply that if Montana keeps playing the way they were I would consider dropping them. I wasn't trying to shove my rankings at anyone at that point. I came in a hell of a lot more tame that cleets as a that point, apparently yet he got extremely defensive and started on the "hater" train simply because I said I didn't know if Montana looked like a top 25 team in my opinion. Did I hop on the train to **** town? You bet. To exonerate cleets in the whole thing is bull****. But stand up for him, I get it.

10000% my fault. Got it

ursus arctos horribilis
September 20th, 2015, 04:29 PM
1 year is a tiny sample size to point too when there is a decade of doing exactly as I pointed out. Again, I might be a bit slower on Liberty than others. I can admit that. I still don't know if I buy them long term but right now, sure.

You were advocating earlier that the only reason Montana would have any ranking is because of history and now Liberty's recent history and recent success is denigrated because of their lack of what shouldn't be considered with Montana...holy **** man, just stop it.

Why would "when there is a decade of doing exactly as I pointed out" have any standing in your philosophy at all? Why would it be a pillar of an argument?

BTW, don't get distracted into thinking I care one bit about where Montana is ranked, it honestly does not matter one bit to me. It used to way back in the old days but now it has almost no bearing on anything where they are in the top 25 unless it's late in the season...and then only that they are in it.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 20th, 2015, 04:38 PM
My first post also said nothing of rankings. When I did bring it up it was simply that if Montana keeps playing the way they were I would consider dropping them. I wasn't trying to shove my rankings at anyone at that point. I came in a hell of a lot more tame that cleets as a that point, apparently yet he got extremely defensive and started on the "hater" train simply because I said I didn't know if Montana looked like a top 25 team in my opinion. Did I hop on the train to **** town? You bet. To exonerate cleets in the whole thing is bull****. But stand up for him, I get it.

10000% my fault. Got it

I don't stand up for cleets and you know it. Stop trying to make it something it isn't. You were being a dick, end of story. If you weren't trying to be a dick you would have walked away from the dick sounding **** you were doing and said "hey man, sorry, not what I meant" but you tried to dig some **** in. That is what happened, nothing more. You were feeling quite superior and that's fine but you were accurately portrayed so just accept that cuz it is what you were doing.

Don't try and say I am standing up for dickhead cleets cuz I'd just as soon you took that ****er down. I like seeing friends tear each other up but you were going for the collateral effect and got it....so here we are. xthumbsupx

centennial
September 20th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Liberty at SIU next week will be a big test as well.
SIU should have beaten Indiana (3-0), they had a really bad game against SEMO(3 int vs 0 SEMO). Wouldn't surprise me if they knock out Liberty. It will bring lulz all around.

clenz
September 20th, 2015, 04:40 PM
SIU should have beaten Indiana (3-0), they had a really bad game against SEMO(3 int vs 0 SEMO). Wouldn't surprise me if they knock out Liberty. It will bring lulz all around.
Let's pretend SIU knocks off Liberty and everything else "holds serve"

Do we see 7 top 10 MVFC teams?xcoffeex

PantherRob82
September 20th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Let's pretend SIU knocks off Liberty and everything else "holds serve"

Do we see 7 top 10 MVFC teams?xcoffeex

That would be a long shot since I only have 3 in there right now.

jmufan999
September 20th, 2015, 11:00 PM

it would absolutely surprise me. maybe not "shocked", but whatever is between "surprised" and "shocked".

"surpri-ked", maybe.

i would wager $50 that Liberty will win.

centennial
September 20th, 2015, 11:05 PM
it would absolutely surprise me. maybe not "shocked", but whatever is between "surprised" and "shocked".

"surpri-ked", maybe.

i would wager $50 that Liberty will win.
I watched their game against Indiana. This is not the sure bet you think it is. You underestimate how good SIU can be. They absolutely are as talented as Liberty maybe more, the question is if they can perform.

putter
September 21st, 2015, 08:32 AM
Montana lost their QB, starting DT and have not been able to run the ball all year. They lost by 10 with a missed FG, missed XP and fumble on the 1. They are not playing great football right now but the talent is there as they have, obviously, beaten NDSU and lost on a last second FG to Poly and now a 10 point loss in a game across the country to a decent team in front of 22000 people.

jsnow84
September 21st, 2015, 11:00 AM
Montana lost their QB, starting DT and have not been able to run the ball all year. They lost by 10 with a missed FG, missed XP and fumble on the 1. They are not playing great football right now but the talent is there as they have, obviously, beaten NDSU and lost on a last second FG to Poly and now a 10 point loss in a game across the country to a decent team in front of 22000 people.

True, however there was an intentional safety thrown in there at the end of the game. Montana actually played better after their starting QB got hurt. You certainly have very good talent. I think some of it is learning a new system, but you guys looked very good against NDSU, so it is hard to understand the drop off. The 4 turnovers hurt bad against Cal Poly and the fumble at the goal line against LU probably lost the game for you last week. Still think you guys will end up ok. Stitts was a good hire, but he may be seeing the difference between Dll and D1 right now and may need to adjust a little. Liberty is a pretty good team though and has a 4 year starter at qb. They will probably be a playoff team this year. Keep your chin up.

Professor Chaos
September 21st, 2015, 11:17 AM
Give some time for Stitt to recruit an O-line and an athletic QB and this Montana offense will be scary good. The big question I'll have in the years to come is will their defense be able to keep up with the head coach so ingrained on the offensive side of the football and with so much time out on the field.

Grizalltheway
September 21st, 2015, 11:49 AM

I thought we only lost Crittenden from the D-line? Please don't tell me we lost someone else.

Libertine
September 21st, 2015, 12:00 PM
I have to give the Montana fans props as they were loud and plentiful on Saturday which is especially impressive given the distance that many of them had to travel. Since Liberty expanded the stadium in 2010, the only other team that has come in and completely filled and otherwise occupied the visitor's section was Richmond a year ago. You all can argue the relative strength of the team but the Griz fanbase is clearly alive and well.

knucklehead
September 21st, 2015, 07:57 PM
Agree, glad to meet a bunch of UM fans..

veinup
September 21st, 2015, 09:01 PM
i've been out in the woods all weekend, this is harsh news to return to. xsmhx

jmufan999
September 21st, 2015, 10:08 PM
I watched their game against Indiana. This is not the sure bet you think it is. You underestimate how good SIU can be. They absolutely are as talented as Liberty maybe more, the question is if they can perform.

if i knew you, i'd put up $50 in a heartbeat.

tell you what, how about a friendly "profile wager"? the loser has to put "i'm a big fat douche who knows absolutely nothing about college football. do not listen to anything i say, because i know nothing. at all." in red letters for 1 month. whaddya say?

MTfan4life
September 22nd, 2015, 11:22 AM
if i knew you, i'd put up $50 in a heartbeat.

tell you what, how about a friendly "profile wager"? the loser has to put "i'm a big fat douche who knows absolutely nothing about college football. do not listen to anything i say, because i know nothing. at all." in red letters for 1 month. whaddya say?

That'd be a fun bet for how close the game should be. With all of the semis that will emerge, you probably shouldn't let them know I said this, but the Valley is extremely deep this season. As we saw with the Western Illinois/Coastal game, aside from MSU, even the teams in the lower half could put up a big fight with power non-conference schools week in and out.

Silenoz
September 22nd, 2015, 11:55 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game. What were the circumstances of the goal line fumble?

Grizalltheway
September 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game. What were the circumstances of the goal line fumble?

Big catch by Jones to set it up on the 4, Counts got the hand off and had it stripped.

underdawg
September 22nd, 2015, 07:37 PM

You're right--I got a chuckle out of one of the posters before you saying the Montana team "played better after" Montana's starter got knocked outxlolx

That guy threw for 400 plus against the Bison and 300 plus against Cal-Poly---they put in a QB that was talented but had not prepared for this gamexlolx

mvemjsunpx
September 22nd, 2015, 08:02 PM
You're right--I got a chuckle out of one of the posters before you saying the Montana team "played better after" Montana's starter got knocked outxlolx

That guy threw for 400 plus against the Bison and 300 plus against Cal-Poly---they put in a QB that was talented but had not prepared for this gamexlolx

Chalich did play better than Gustafson did in that game before he got hurt (all of UM's points came with Chalich in). He didn't play as well as Gustafson did against NDSU, though.

However… future opponents are obviously gonna scout Chalich more than Liberty did, so that's a concern going forward.

underdawg
September 23rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Chalich did play better than Gustafson did in that game before he got hurt (all of UM's points came with Chalich in). He didn't play as well as Gustafson did against NDSU, though.

However… future opponents are obviously gonna scout Chalich more than Liberty did, so that's a concern going forward.

We'll never know for sure but I'd rather have my FULLY prepared starter in for the WHOLE game---something tells me Gustafson is the starter for a good reason---to say his getting knocked out for most of the game didn't negatively affect Montana's game plan is nonsensical to me. HA-HA, Here I am a Saluki fan defending the MU against one of their real fans!

Grizalltheway
September 23rd, 2015, 12:45 PM
We'll never know for sure but I'd rather have my FULLY prepared starter in for the WHOLE game---something tells me Gustafson is the starter for a good reason---to say his getting knocked out for most of the game didn't negatively affect Montana's game plan is nonsensical to me. HA-HA, Here I am a Saluki fan defending the MU against one of their real fans!

You're not wrong there-he was the clear front runner through all of spring and fall camps.

But mvem is also correct in that he played much better against NDSU than against Cal Poly and the first part of the Liberty game.