PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga @ Samford

chattownmocs
September 13th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Is everyone picking Samford? I think the Mocs will bring their A game. But will it be enough? Samford is a big play machine and Chattanoogas D is a big play sieve. Uh oh.

OL FU
September 13th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Got to think about it but probably will pick the Mocs but I do expect it to be a very good game and a Samford win wouldn't surprise me.

Mocs123
September 13th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I think we are the better team, and "should" win a close game. However of we play the way we did against Mars Hill we will get blown out. If we play the way we did against JSU we will probably lose too. If we don't start playing defense the way we capable of we are in for a long season.

I am hoping to make it to the game.

chattownmocs
September 13th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I don't know that we are the better team. I'm flabbergasted that not a single big play WR can emerge with all these "big time prospects." The oline is nowhere near what is should be and what it was thought to be. The secondary is the same group that was exposed at times but overall solid last year, it looks like the weak spot on D. For the first time in years I'm not worried about the close game issues. I'm concerned about getting blown out. Samford has playmakers, big time playmakers and their QB is better in their new system.

Cocky
September 13th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Samford is my darkhorse candidate for the season. The team has developed depth and will be a tough out for anyone this year.

The Cats
September 13th, 2015, 08:23 AM
At this point, I'd have to give the edge to the Bulldogs as well.

CID1990
September 13th, 2015, 08:43 AM
I don't know that we are the better team. I'm flabbergasted that not a single big play WR can emerge with all these "big time prospects." The oline is nowhere near what is should be and what it was thought to be. The secondary is the same group that was exposed at times but overall solid last year, it looks like the weak spot on D. For the first time in years I'm not worried about the close game issues. I'm concerned about getting blown out. Samford has playmakers, big time playmakers and their QB is better in their new system.

who the hell are you and what have you done with chattownmocs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milktruck74
September 13th, 2015, 08:53 AM
I think Last night was a Hangover game for the Mocs. They got up to play a very good (National Championship Caliber) JSU team, not realizing how good they were (one play away from upsetting FBS#6). Anytime it is really hard to prepare and play a team like Mars Hill (they have nothing to lose), especially after an emotionally draining week like JSU. I trust Russ will right the ship and get the boys READY to play....That said, Sammy is a very GOOD team!!!! I'm going with the Mocs, 35-27.

walliver
September 13th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Coach Huesman is a defensive guy, and will have his defense ready. It may not be enough. I give a slight edge to Sammy.

It will likely be a good game, although a blow-out be either team wouldn't be a complete surprise.

CID1990
September 13th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Based on what we have seen so far I'd give the edge to Sammy, but neither of their opponents thus far have been the caliber of UTC. Mars Hill hanging over 30 points on UTC was a little concerning though

SU DOG
September 13th, 2015, 12:01 PM
No way the MH game should be used as a measuring stick for this UTC bunch. They were obviously looking past the Lions. I am having trouble trying to get a feel for this matchup. Of course, homer instincts take over, so I will go with Samford. My primary reason is my belief that we will be stronger in the trenches. Our OL is the most improved area from last year, and believe it or not, Samford can run in the 2's on the entire defensive 7 man front with a very very little drop off of talent. I can't say the same for the secondary, however. I also am an old-head who realizes that we have traditionally blown the opportunity that a big time game affords.

So, 2 playoff caliber teams have a classic looming. I wouldn't dare predict a score.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 13th, 2015, 12:52 PM
I'll take Samford...Hatcher isn't the program manager that Huesman is for sure but he is a better game day coach and he will find a way to win it.

CID1990
September 13th, 2015, 01:34 PM
I dont really know how to go on this one do I'll pick Sammy.

BEAR
September 13th, 2015, 08:50 PM
After seeing Samford's strong offense and more than adequate defense I'm going to say Bulldogs in a route. Bulldogs are going far in the playoffs IMO.

LeadBolt
September 13th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Mocs have been a major disappointment so far. Sammy has been a pleasant surprise. I'll take a continuation of the trend. Sammy over Chatty.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Is everyone picking Samford? I think the Mocs will bring their A game. But will it be enough? Samford is a big play machine and Chattanoogas D is a big play sieve. Uh oh.

STFU

Mocs123
September 19th, 2015, 06:33 PM
We still gave up some big plays early, but the defense stepped up after the 1st quarter.

Samford is a good team however, they are a playoff caliber team IMO.

I hate to think we have to defend against those wideouts for another year. They are really good, and I can tell I will hate hearing McKnights name for a long time.

Nice new helmets for Samofrd BTW.

longtimemocfan
September 19th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Didn't see this coming at all. Samford still has some very good players, but we stepped up today and played good football today.

chattanoogamocs
September 19th, 2015, 09:57 PM
After starting the season with a 3 point loss...and being reminded that the Mocs are 1-11 in games decided by 3 points or less...Coach Huesman remembered last years the strategy of winning by more than 3 points. ;)