PDA

View Full Version : Hampton up 14-0 on Richmond

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 11:28 AM
8 minutes in and the Pirates are rolling.

Surprised?

superman7515
September 12th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I bet ya Richmond wins... xlolx

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I bet ya Richmond wins... xlolx

I wouldn't be surprised. 14-7 now.

WestCoastAggie
September 12th, 2015, 11:45 AM
The start of this is a bit of a shocker but Hampton can put up points.

MacThor
September 12th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Based on the radio broadcast of what a circus this has become, it might be worth paying the $10 for the Hampton PPV.

Apparently, Hampton's 2nd TD was a joint possession situation, and BOTH PLAYERS landed out of bounds.
The MEAC officials (no replay of course) have completely lost control, GIVING Hampton 2 first downs on this drive they fell well short of. The second one they lost track of where the chains were supposed to be at the end of the quarter!!!
Then there was an intentional injury away from the play that went uncalled, and coaches have gotten in each other's faces.
Now they have removed one of Hampton's chain crew because of an incident on the sideline.
Richmond's AD has been called down to the field.

Granted this is all coming from the Spiders' broadcast crew but it sounds like they've never seen anything like the comedy of errors.

WestCoastAggie
September 12th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Based on the radio broadcast of what a circus this has become, it might be worth paying the $10 for the Hampton PPV.

Apparently, Hampton's 2nd TD was a joint possession situation, and BOTH PLAYERS landed out of bounds.
Then there was an intentional injury away from the play that went uncalled, and coaches have gotten in each other's faces.
Now they have removed one of Hampton's chain crew because he was talking so much trash on the Richmond sideline.

Yeah, the pirates have taken after the personality of their Head Coach Maynor. He's a crap-talker for certain.

WestCoastAggie
September 12th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Hampton is threatening to score, again. Yikes.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Good ol' MEAC...

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:13 PM
21-7 Hampton

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Richmond has a chance to bring this a little closer before half, starting on the 50.

superman7515
September 12th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Radio said that an official from the chain crew has been ejected. Did he say or do something to a player?

centennial
September 12th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Radio said that an official from the chain crew has been ejected. Did he say or do something to a player?
Seems like a well called game.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:45 PM
I've never heard of a chain crew member getting ejected, but if it was going to happen, it would be in the MEAC. I've seen some odd stuff in their games over the years.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM
21-10 at the half.

MacThor
September 12th, 2015, 01:31 PM
<sigh> I'm ready for Ogunniyi to graduate. He seems like a good kid and an athletic talent. But I'm tired of watching opposing OC's just pick on his loose coverage and poor tackling, and execute "long handoffs" in his direction.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Richmond on the comeback trail 23-28

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Richmond up 31-28

MacThor
September 12th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Victory formation for Richmond. Whew. Way closer than it should have been.

kdinva
September 12th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I've never heard of a chain crew member getting ejected, but if it was going to happen, it would be in the MEAC. I've seen some odd stuff in their games over the years.

....and I heard on the UR radio a few times HU"s livestats weren't even close to UR's hand kept notes........HU had a UR runner with 100 yards, a runner who had not played up to that point.

spdram
September 12th, 2015, 08:12 PM
The whole game seemed strange to say the least. From all accounts I thought Coach Rocco was going to get into it with the Hampton coach at the point of the injured player. BTW the report was on a 3rd down 2 yds to go the chain crew guy moved the clip to 2 inches to go and was removed from the crew. Actually enjoy playing Hampton, they will put up a fight -- but not with the MEAC crew. I hope if we ever agree to play there again it is with a mixed crew. Lots of FBS transfers on the Pirates squad, they will be tough for any team