PDA

View Full Version : The MVFC Review

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2015, 04:19 PM
A review of the MVFC from a couple more of our contemporaries just went up at thefcswedge.com

Chad says-

(ORV) Western Illinois 33, #25 Eastern Illinois 5

I mentioned last week that if the Leathernecks back 7 could get production they would have success, and they did just that as Brett Taylor nabbed a pick 6 and was joined by Eddy Holtschlag and Timothy Smith as Leathernecks picking off EIU QB Jalen Whitlow. Lance Lenoir Jr. continued to show that last season was just the tip of the iceberg for him. He racked up 280 all purpose yards, 124 receiving and 156 on kick returns, to pace the Western Illinois offense. He was clearly the main target for quarterback, Trenton Norvell, as Lenoir caught 10 of Norvell’s 18 completes for 124 of the 189 passing yards. For success to be sustained on offense the Leathernecks are going to need to find a consistent #2 wide receiver, and running back replacement for J.C. Baker. Freshman Steve McShane paced the Leathernecks with 52 yards on 14 carries, while junior Devon Moore managed just 33 yards on 23 carries, though he did have 2 touchdowns.

Read more...
http://thefcswedge.com/conference-previews/mvfc/mvfc-review-2015-1/

ST_Lawson
September 8th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Good article, one error though. Called SDSU the Lumberjacks at one point.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Good article, one error though. Called SDSU the Lumberjacks at one point.

Thanks, will go check that and see what happened.

dewey
September 8th, 2015, 04:47 PM
One small thing is that it says Jake Weineke had 160 yards rushing but I believe it should be receiving.

Otherwise great recap guys and keep up the good work.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2015, 04:53 PM
One small thing is that it says Jake Weineke had 160 yards rushing but I believe it should be receiving.

Otherwise great recap guys and keep up the good work.

Dewey
xlolx That would make more sense wouldn't it? Changed. Thanks you my fine editor crew!