PDA

View Full Version : Flags stolen

Southern Bison
September 5th, 2015, 10:13 PM
I'm reaching out to all Coastal and Furman fans on this board...

During the game tonight, my 2 Bison flags were stolen off my truck. If you also post on UFFP or Coastalfans.com, please ask for their return.

It's a very disappointing end to a fun day with my son & a good FCS matchup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jmrepak
September 5th, 2015, 10:27 PM
I posted it on CoastalFans for you. That does suck and I know I would be disappointed about it too. Especially if my son had to see that there are people that would do that. Fortunately but also Unfortunately, I know all of the guys on the board that went to the game and none of them would have taken them (even though you didn't accuse at all. I saw you took a pic with them pre-game) so I don't know how lucky you will be in them knowing who took them. I hope you find them though.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2015, 01:51 AM
That's disappointing to hear man. Hopefully someone was drunk, wakes up tomorrow and feels the appropriate shame and bows their head and with hat in hand returns your flags SB.

AshevilleApp2
September 6th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Hope you get them back man. No need for that kind of behavior.

BisonFan02
September 6th, 2015, 09:52 AM
I'm reaching out to all Coastal and Furman fans on this board...

During the game tonight, my 2 Bison flags were stolen off my truck. If you also post on UFFP or Coastalfans.com, please ask for their return.

It's a very disappointing end to a fun day with my son & a good FCS matchup.

Do you have a picture of said flags SB?

Southern Bison
September 6th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Do you have a picture of said flags SB?
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/06/4cbee9f489bb1375f5ff16b2530fab55.jpg

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2015, 10:35 AM
That sucks to hear SB.

APaladindad
September 7th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Where did you park? I was at the game early and stayed late but I do not recall seeing your truck or the flags. This issue has been posted on the UFFP! Sorry to hear that happened. I hope you get them back. I had my magnetic signs stolen last year. It is a shame and disgrace that someone would do that!

Southern Bison
September 7th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Where did you park? I was at the game early and stayed late but I do not recall seeing your truck or the flags. This issue has been posted on the UFFP! Sorry to hear that happened. I hope you get them back. I had my magnetic signs stolen last year. It is a shame and disgrace that someone would do that!
Thanks for posting...I was parked between the chapel and the visitor's stands.

dgtw
September 7th, 2015, 12:57 PM
I could see a rival fan taking someone's flag if they were drunk and ticked off about losing, but to steal a "third party" fan's flag is odd. I hate that it happened, maybe whoever did it will feel guilty if they read this and will take steps to return it.

citdog
September 7th, 2015, 01:18 PM
furman sucks

UNHWildcat18
September 7th, 2015, 03:30 PM
furman sucks

Lol reading that never gets old. In regards to the flag though while that's very unfortunate. A lot of FCS fans hate NDSU for their success and beating coastal and furman in the playoffs so I can totally see some drunk asshole stealing them. Also idk why you rocked them in the first place. If I went to a Maine vs ccsu game ( who we've owned as of late) I wouldn't rock a UNH flag in the tailgate. I'd be pissed at some dickhead if he had an ISUr flag at one of our games, wouldn't steal it though. Still sorry some jackass took them, hopefully you get them back

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Lol reading that never gets old. In regards to the flag though while that's very unfortunate. A lot of FCS fans hate NDSU for their success and beating coastal and furman in the playoffs so I can totally see some drunk asshole stealing them. Also idk why you rocked them in the first place. If I went to a Maine vs ccsu game ( who we've owned as of late) I wouldn't rock a UNH flag in the tailgate. I'd be pissed at some dickhead if he had an ISUr flag at one of our games, wouldn't steal it though. Still sorry some jackass took them, hopefully you get them back

That is exactly the opposite of how it around here. I'd never have anything but respect for someone flying their own colors and coming to one of our games. Now if they took kindness and acted like an asshole and tried waving that flag around in the stands and being a douche then I guess they get to wear the flag on their way out. But other than that I think they'd be shown complete respect.

ElCid
September 7th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Is anyone really surprised at this? College kids, probably drunk, or half way there, sees some "foreign" flag (or maybe the flag of a team that beat them recently, maybe last December...or the December before), and thought wow, I have a trophy. Chances are it is hanging in some frat right now. Unfortunate that we have to put up with punks. Let's hope someone does the right thing.

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Where was the game played?

ElCid
September 7th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Where was the game played?

At Furman, which if you did not know....sucks.

Cocky
September 7th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I would assume those kid could afford to buy a flag.

GABison
September 7th, 2015, 09:31 PM
That sucks SB. Heck, I pull in my window flags even at the FargoDome. You never now. Hope they come back to you.

bluehenbillk
September 7th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I feel your pain - I had two flags and a flagpole stolen at Villanova during a Delaware game a few years ago. It sucks - now I take the flags down each game before going in.

CappinHard
September 7th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Also idk why you rocked them in the first place.

I tend to agree with this statement. Not just for representing another team, I'm completely fine with that. But flying two of them on obnoxiously high poles, and leaving them on your truck during the game? You're kind of asking for it at that point. I definitely don't condone stealing, but think about where you are and how it's going to come off to a drunk college kid. I'm sure this will be misconstrued as a Jacks fan hating on a Bison fan, but it's not, just applying my opinion and logic, regardless of the allegiance. It doesn't matter who's team it is, if you're driving around with stuff like that, and you're not on your way to or at a tailgate to watch the team you're representing, you're asking for it. I mean, do you drive around with those up all the time?

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2015, 02:16 AM
That sucks SB. Heck, I pull in my window flags even at the FargoDome. You never now. Hope they come back to you.

Us too. We never leave anything out when we go in to the game. Ive heard of people getting stuff ripped off during game time in Fargo so it all goes back in the trailer.

Bisonator
September 8th, 2015, 08:14 AM
I tend to agree with this statement. Not just for representing another team, I'm completely fine with that. But flying two of them on obnoxiously high poles, and leaving them on your truck during the game? You're kind of asking for it at that point. I definitely don't condone stealing, but think about where you are and how it's going to come off to a drunk college kid. I'm sure this will be misconstrued as a Jacks fan hating on a Bison fan, but it's not, just applying my opinion and logic, regardless of the allegiance. It doesn't matter who's team it is, if you're driving around with stuff like that, and you're not on your way to or at a tailgate to watch the team you're representing, you're asking for it. I mean, do you drive around with those up all the time?

Why the hate man? Asking for it??? Seriously???? Seriously wtf happened to if it aint yours keep your ****ing hands off! Far to much of this **** now days.

Nickels
September 8th, 2015, 08:33 AM
That is exactly the opposite of how it around here. I'd never have anything but respect for someone flying their own colors and coming to one of our games. Now if they took kindness and acted like an asshole and tried waving that flag around in the stands and being a douche then I guess they get to wear the flag on their way out. But other than that I think they'd be shown complete respect.
Same here. If I saw a Bison fan at one our games, I'd be stoked. I would much rather meet him than steal his ****. What would I do with two Bison flags anyway? Burn them in secret to somehow make up for the SHSU playoff losses?

Cocky
September 8th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Sounds like a bunch of UAT fans ended up at the wrong game.

CappinHard
September 8th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Why the hate man? Asking for it??? Seriously???? Seriously wtf happened to if it aint yours keep your ****ing hands off! Far to much of this **** now days.

I'm not hating at all. I'm just being realistic about the world we live in.

tomq04
September 8th, 2015, 10:07 AM
I'm not hating at all. I'm just being realistic about the world we live in.

I'll side with your logic, (drunk) college kids are morons.

edit: put "drunk" in paren's, since I think the alcohol requirement is optional.

OL FU
September 8th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I hope SB doesn't notice my new green and gold pants I will wear at the FU/VMI game:)

Just to get him back for all the OL FU heart attack with a 70 year old EMT jokes last saturdayxdrunkyx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Same here. If I saw a Bison fan at one our games, I'd be stoked. I would much rather meet him than steal his ****. What would I do with two Bison flags anyway? Burn them in secret to somehow make up for the SHSU playoff losses?

Yeah, when I see someone traveling to see things while taking in a game I know I got some **** in common with those folks so glad to meet them and kill em' with kindness.

Kemo
September 8th, 2015, 03:29 PM
This could have all been avoided with a simple doormat outside your tailgate rig:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21308&stc=1

eiu1999
September 8th, 2015, 03:58 PM
I agree that college (drunk) kids do stupid things. Even worse if these were adults doing it. But property always should be respected, there's no room for this.

clenz
September 8th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Sucks to hear. Good luck finding them.

The UNI athletic department still hasn't found the 2 "Beat NDSU" flags that were cut from their padlocks outside the dome before last year's UNI/NDSU game.

Tough to track these things down

Southern Bison
September 8th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Ordered 2 replacements from the bookstore & they promised I'll have them for the Presbyterian @ Charlotte game on Saturday.

Bison Nation still flying high over the glorious South!

OL FU
September 8th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Sucks to hear. Good luck finding them.

The UNI athletic department still hasn't found the 2 "Beat NDSU" flags that were cut from their padlocks outside the dome before last year's UNI/NDSU game.

Tough to track these things down

Did you get the emt's phone numberxeyebrowx

RootinFerDukes
September 8th, 2015, 08:02 PM
My wife has a good friend from high school that admitted to routinely stealing sports related magnetic decals of any and all kinds off of peoples' car. They are literally too cheap to buy them and have an obsession with covering them all over their fridge. I wish I was joking.
We lost a ton of respect for them when they told us. Complete trash.

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2015, 08:34 PM
It was probably another Bison fan.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Shouldn't surprise anyone. I learned the hard way at the FargoDome. I never leave anything out now.

walliver
September 9th, 2015, 09:23 AM
I doubt the flags were taken by "fans" of either school. This was apparently a good game, and fans would have been inside the stadium watching the game. I suspect the flags were stolen by some kid who just impulsively thought it would be a fun thing to do. We can, however, rule out Citadel Cadets - they would have driven up on Friday night to steal the flags.

KPSUL
September 9th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I doubt the flags were taken by "fans" of either school. This was apparently a good game, and fans would have been inside the stadium watching the game. I suspect the flags were stolen by some kid who just impulsively thought it would be a fun thing to do. We can, however, rule out Citadel Cadets - they would have driven up on Friday night to steal the flags.

It's not Citadel Cadets. According to Citdog they are completely isolated in a mid 19th century envitonment. They wouldn't know NDSU is 4 time FCS Champs, in fact they probably don't know
North Dakota has been granted statehood. Anyways, they aren't allowed to leave the Citadel for anything less than a VMI away game.

OL FU
September 9th, 2015, 09:56 AM
It's not Citadel Cadets. According to Citdog they are completely isolated in a mid 19th century envitonment. They wouldn't know NDSU is 4 time FCS Champs, in fact they probably don't know
North Dakota has been granted statehood. Anyways, they aren't allowed to leave the Citadel for anything less than a VMI away game.

It can't be the Citadel. That would violate their honor code.xnodx

:)xrulesxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxdrunkyx

clenz
September 9th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Technically - ND may not be a state

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/07/14/because-of-constitution-error-north-dakota-is-not-a-state-and-never-has-been/

A constitutional error recently discovered shows that North Dakota has never technically fit the requirements for statehood.
John Rolczynski, an 82-year old Grand Forks resident, discovered the error in 1995 and has been been campaigning to fix North Dakota’s constitution ever since. The problem lies in the state constitution’s omission in requiring the governor and other top officials to take an oath of office. In failing to require these oaths, North Dakota’s constitution is at odds with federal requirements established by Article VI of the U.S. Constitution, therefore making statehood illegitimate.

BEAR
September 9th, 2015, 10:21 AM
My wife has a good friend from high school that admitted to routinely stealing sports related magnetic decals of any and all kinds off of peoples' car. They are literally too cheap to buy them and have an obsession with covering them all over their fridge. I wish I was joking.

So that's who stole my Bear magnet off the side of my car! That was $40! xlolx

KPSUL
September 9th, 2015, 10:29 AM

The old "good friend" story! So how many sports magnets do you have on your frig?

Bisonator
September 9th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Technically - ND may not be a state

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/07/14/because-of-constitution-error-north-dakota-is-not-a-state-and-never-has-been/

A constitutional error recently discovered shows that North Dakota has never technically fit the requirements for statehood.
John Rolczynski, an 82-year old Grand Forks resident, discovered the error in 1995 and has been been campaigning to fix North Dakota’s constitution ever since. The problem lies in the state constitution’s omission in requiring the governor and other top officials to take an oath of office. In failing to require these oaths, North Dakota’s constitution is at odds with federal requirements established by Article VI of the U.S. Constitution, therefore making statehood illegitimate.

Thank god! Screw the FEDS and I want my frickin tax dollars back!xlolx

BEAR
September 9th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Thank god! Screw the FEDS and I want my frickin tax dollars back!xlolx

Wait wouldn't that null and void the NDSU championships in football? I mean aren't those won from an American corporation, the NCAA, and given to colleges and universities that are part of said union? I mean you don't see Canadian football teams winning NCAA titles!

Oh dear..a can of worms has been opened! xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Wait wouldn't that null and void the NDSU championships in football? I mean aren't those won from an American corporation, the NCAA, and given to colleges and universities that are part of said union? I mean you don't see Canadian football teams winning NCAA titles!

THIS is where we are drawing the line on what "is" unconstitutional? Bruh...... xlolx

Bisonator
September 9th, 2015, 12:34 PM

They're ours now! Come and get 'em! We also have enough Bombers in Minot, Drones in Grand Forks, oil and coal reserves to cripple said union!:D

walliver
September 10th, 2015, 10:07 AM
... I mean you don't see Canadian football teams winning NCAA titles!

If they would stop punting on third down, they would have a better chance.