PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-5

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2015, 01:27 AM
After the opening game, I seem to be down 0-1 after not going with my own conference. A full slate of games this weekend should get me back on top, hopefully. Just a note on this, for the Big Sky schools I use their common scoreboard abbreviation, while for the non-conference schools I spell out their name. So, WSU is Weber State and Washington State would be spelled out. A new thing this year is Sacramento State is SAC. Here are my predictions, my opinion only

CP at UM---The Mustangs open up their season on the road at the Grizzlies, coming off that impressive win over North Dakota State on national television. Can the Mustangs slow down that fast Grizzlies attack?...UM 38, CP 27.

EWU at Oregon---The Eagles will get to see now what the rest of the conference already knows. Playing against Vernon Adams is definitely not fun...Oregon 41, EWU 20.

Black Hills State at ISU---The Bengals promising season starts off with a visit from a DII school. No doubt the easiest game they will have all season...ISU 45, Black Hills State 7.

Fort Lewis at MSU---The Bobcats will have their hands full in many games this season, that is for sure. But this should not be one of them...MSU 48, Fort Lewis 7.

NAU at Stephen F Austin---The Lumberjacks head out to the Southland for a non-conference tilt. Can they get the season off to a strong start?...Stephen F Austin 35, NAU 29.

Western State at UNC---The Bears may be terrible this year, but this should be their best chance at a win. At the end of the season, they will talk about how they started 1-0...UNC 25, Western St 17.

UND at Wyoming---The best thing about the No-Names is their defense. It is what will have to carry them throughout this season, at least until the offense gains some confidence...Wyoming 28, UND 10.

PSU at Washington State---The Vikings secondary will surely get some experience chasing Washington State's Air Raid offense all around the field. It should prepare them for conference play...Washington State 59, PSU 21.

Eastern Oregon at SAC---The Hornets bring in an NAIA team from Oregon to jumpstart the season. It should be a good start to the season...SAC 45, Eastern Oregon 14.

SUU at Utah State---Great way for the Thunderbirds to start play, by moving up to the FBS level and play a fellow instate school. Will they feel the same way afterwards...Utah State 45, SUU 7.

UCD at Nevada---The Aggies hope to survive the season. Starting off against a hungry FBS school may not be the best way to do that...Nevada 45, UCD 14.

WSU at Oregon State---Damian Lillard is going to be in the building, watching the game from the sidelines. That is, if he stays for the whole game...Oregon State 49, WSU 10.

mvemjsunpx
September 3rd, 2015, 01:39 AM
Thursday

Davis 17-41 Nevada — Nothing interesting to see here…

Suutah 14-49 Utah St. — Will Cowser & Killebrew's presence actually mean anything for SUU this year?

F-Lew 17-59 Montana St. — The Bobcats are back to defend yet another September championship

Friday

Weber 14-38 Oregon St. — The Beavs often struggle against the Big Sky, so… no, just no

Saturday

EWU 28-55 Oregon — A mostly impotent attempt at revenge by the Eags

Portland St. 28-51 Wazzu — This game could be competitive if the Viks finally start living up to their talent

EOU 17-37 Sac State — The Mountaineers are #13 in NAIA, but that came before they lost to College of Idaho

BHSU 14-52 Idaho St. — At least the Yellow Jackets get a free trip to Pocatello… wait a minute…

NAU 21-31 SFA — The Battle of the Lumberjacks will go to the humid 90º conditions

Cal Poly 31-48 Montana (NC) — Nobody will shut down the 'Stang offense, but CP has few strengths beyond that

Western St. 13-38 NoCo — The Bears ain't good, but they'd have to play pretty damn bad to lose this one

NoDak 6-27 Wyoming — UND's defense might give the 'Pokes some problems, but their O still sucks

bonarae
September 3rd, 2015, 01:54 AM
Nevada
Utah State
Montana State
Oregon State
Oregon
Wazzu
Sac State
Idaho State
SFA
Montana
Northern Colorado
Wyoming

eiu1999
September 3rd, 2015, 09:11 AM
Nevada
Utah State
Montana State
Oregon State
Oregon
Wazzu
Sac State
Idaho State
NAU
Montana
Northern Colorado
Wyoming

veinup
September 3rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
i will take

Montana
Oregon (not by a huge margin)
ISU
MSU
SFA
UNC
Wyoming
Washingston State
SAC
Utah State
Nevaddy
Oregon State

wapiti
September 3rd, 2015, 10:39 AM
CP at UM---Will UM have a letdown after the big win? CP always seems to have a good team. looking at the history of this series UM has CP's number and the game is in Missoula....UM 42, CP 24.

EWU at Oregon---EWU will not be as explosive on offense without VA, but the offense will still be able to score. But it will not be enough for FBS powerhouse Oregon....Oregon 52, EWU 17.

Black Hills State at ISU---ISU should have no problem winning this game...ISU 42, Black Hills State 13.

Fort Lewis at MSU---Fort Lewis has a good coach and should play sound football, which may give them a chance. The Cat's also have a good coach and better talent....MSU 38, Fort Lewis 20.

NAU at Stephen F Austin---This is the toughest pick to make this week. So will go with the home field advantage...Stephen F Austin 35, NAU 34.

Western State at UNC---See what Jalmond said...UNC 24, Western St 14.

UND at Wyoming---I think we will see some improvements with UND this year and could sneak up on a few teams this year...Wyoming 38, UND 24.

PSU at Washington State---The Vikings have struggled in recent years and with some talk about if the program will stick around will make recruiting harder. Washington State should roll in this one....Washington State 62, PSU 17.

Eastern Oregon at SAC---I am not sure about SAC this year, they seem to have a good team on paper, but in the past have lacked consistency from game to game. But being at home against an NAIA...SAC 42, Eastern Oregon 15.

SUU at Utah State---SUU is another team I am unsure about this year. In the past they have played better than I expected, but they are paying an FBS...Utah State 32, SUU 13.

UCD at Nevada---UCD is another team that has lacked some consistency from game to game ...Nevada 38, UCD 17.

WSU at Oregon State---WSU used to be an every other year team. But recent years have been awful. I think this year will be an improvement from the past few, but still a year away from being top tier competitive....Oregon State 52, WSU 20.

tomq04
September 3rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
The picks are all relatively obvious with the only "real" game being Cal Poly @ Montana.

I still have to think that EWU won't lose by 35 points....They haven't had a blowout in 3+ years...although Vernon Adams was their QB for that period of time...

veinup
September 3rd, 2015, 11:04 AM
The picks are all relatively obvious with the only "real" game being Cal Poly @ <b>Montana</b>.

I still have to think that EWU won't lose by 35 points....They haven't had a blowout in 3+ years...although Vernon Adams was their QB for that period of time...

agree on that.

Evolution Prime
September 3rd, 2015, 12:52 PM
Montana
Oregon
Idaho State
Montana State
SFA
Northern Colorado
Wyoming
Sacramento State
Utah State
Nevada
Oregon State

wapiti
September 3rd, 2015, 06:06 PM
Oregon is a team that wants to contend for the Bowl Championship and to get there they must impress the voters, and the formula.
A big W over EWU will be more impressive than a small W. So if Oregon gets the chance to run up the score they will.

The picks are all relatively obvious with the only "real" game being Cal Poly @ Montana.

Nodak78
September 3rd, 2015, 07:08 PM
Nevada
Utah State
Montana State
Oregon State
Oregon
Wazzu
Sac State
Idaho State
SFA
Montana
Northern Colorado
North Dakota

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2015, 08:10 PM
Oregon is a team that wants to contend for the Bowl Championship and to get there they must impress the voters, and the formula.
A big W over EWU will be more impressive than a small W. So if Oregon gets the chance to run up the score they will.

Helfridge isn't that type of coach. He has an ace in his back pocket, knowing he could win this week by only 3 points, as long as they get the win next week at Michigan State. Any votes that may be lost by a close win this week would be made up by a strong road win next week.

mvemjsunpx
September 3rd, 2015, 08:59 PM

NAU @ SFA isn't a real game?

kalm
September 4th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Helfridge isn't that type of coach. He has an ace in his back pocket, knowing he could win this week by only 3 points, as long as they get the win next week at Michigan State. Any votes that may be lost by a close win this week would be made up by a strong road win next week.

Helfrich molests collies.

tomq04
September 4th, 2015, 10:52 AM
NAU @ SFA isn't a real game?

Over looked that one, I'll go with SFA

JALMOND
September 6th, 2015, 12:00 AM
After the opening game, I seem to be down 0-1 after not going with my own conference. A full slate of games this weekend should get me back on top, hopefully. Just a note on this, for the Big Sky schools I use their common scoreboard abbreviation, while for the non-conference schools I spell out their name. So, WSU is Weber State and Washington State would be spelled out. A new thing this year is Sacramento State is SAC. Here are my predictions, my opinion only

CP at UM---The Mustangs open up their season on the road at the Grizzlies, coming off that impressive win over North Dakota State on national television. Can the Mustangs slow down that fast Grizzlies attack?...UM 38, CP 27.

EWU at Oregon---The Eagles will get to see now what the rest of the conference already knows. Playing against Vernon Adams is definitely not fun...Oregon 41, EWU 20.

Black Hills State at ISU---The Bengals promising season starts off with a visit from a DII school. No doubt the easiest game they will have all season...ISU 45, Black Hills State 7.

Fort Lewis at MSU---The Bobcats will have their hands full in many games this season, that is for sure. But this should not be one of them...MSU 48, Fort Lewis 7.

NAU at Stephen F Austin---The Lumberjacks head out to the Southland for a non-conference tilt. Can they get the season off to a strong start?...Stephen F Austin 35, NAU 29.

Western State at UNC---The Bears may be terrible this year, but this should be their best chance at a win. At the end of the season, they will talk about how they started 1-0...UNC 25, Western St 17.

UND at Wyoming---The best thing about the No-Names is their defense. It is what will have to carry them throughout this season, at least until the offense gains some confidence...Wyoming 28, UND 10.

PSU at Washington State---The Vikings secondary will surely get some experience chasing Washington State's Air Raid offense all around the field. It should prepare them for conference play...Washington State 59, PSU 21.

Eastern Oregon at SAC---The Hornets bring in an NAIA team from Oregon to jumpstart the season. It should be a good start to the season...SAC 45, Eastern Oregon 14.

SUU at Utah State---Great way for the Thunderbirds to start play, by moving up to the FBS level and play a fellow instate school. Will they feel the same way afterwards...Utah State 45, SUU 7.

UCD at Nevada---The Aggies hope to survive the season. Starting off against a hungry FBS school may not be the best way to do that...Nevada 45, UCD 14.

WSU at Oregon State---Damian Lillard is going to be in the building, watching the game from the sidelines. That is, if he stays for the whole game...Oregon State 49, WSU 10.

8-4 this week, 8-5 for the year. Could have been worse, but great week of football for the Big Sky.

dbackjon
September 6th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Glad NAU could mess every ones (but 1) picks up

GoAgs72
September 6th, 2015, 12:23 AM
It was a very tough week for anyone to predict. I don't want to look at my Big Sky Challenge results.

JacksTown
September 6th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Emmanuel Butler is really good.

Nodak78
September 10th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Jalmond must be still celebrating. wondering if Jalmond is going to post predictions for 9-12 week

tomq04
September 10th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Jalmond must be still celebrating. wondering if Jalmond is going to post predictions for 9-12 week

lol out loud.