PDA

View Full Version : UND Offering FCOA For All Sports

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 01:40 PM
UND Sports Release
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=210311811

So UND is now the third FCS school to offer FCOA across the board. My guess is SDSU is going to be close behind.

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 01:43 PM
Once again following on NDSU's coattails.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 01:45 PM

Add something to the conversation. Get's old for everyone. xrolleyesx

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 01:46 PM
Add something to the conversation. Get's old for everyone. xrolleyesx

Truth hurts deal with it.

nodak651
September 2nd, 2015, 01:53 PM
You mad?

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 01:54 PM
You mad?

Nope not at all. Just stating the obvious.

UNDColorado
September 2nd, 2015, 01:56 PM

Yeah okay. If SDSU made this announcement I guarantee you wouldn't have said the same thing. You would have applauded your "rival."

dmksioux
September 2nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
One would guess the Montana's can't be too far behind with an announcement...could they?

As a UND fan, I am very excited that we are able to offer this!

nodak651
September 2nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
So does this mean we aren't a hockey only school anymore?

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 02:02 PM

No

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 02:04 PM
Not one legitimate comment from N_SU fans yet, shocker. Just stay out if you can't handle it.

This is a big topic right now. With football recruiting season around the corner and basically ongoing year round anyway, I would have to think that SDSU and USD are scrambling to figure it out right now.

I personally don't think this affects the Big Sky teams at all since the recruiting crossover is little to none.

Nodak78
September 2nd, 2015, 02:05 PM

Yesssssss!!!!!!

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 02:08 PM
Not one legitimate comment from NDSU fans yet, shocker. Just stay out if you can't handle it.

This is a big topic right now. With football recruiting season around the corner and basically ongoing year round anyway, I would have to think that SDSU and USD are scrambling to figure it out right now.

I personally don't think this affects the Big Sky teams at all since the recruiting crossover is little to none.

You want to have a serious discussion and you drop this gem? You really are a un_ fan. Can't have a serious discussion with someone who is as ill informed as you.

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2015, 02:10 PM
There we go! More of the FCS offering FCOA is a good thing, so that if/when this "shakeup" everyone talks about occurs, more people will be in line to state "look, we've been funding our programs at a high level."

UND is only setting themselves up for success in the long run.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 02:12 PM
You want to have a serious discussion and you drop this gem? You really are a un_ fan. Can't have a serious discussion with someone who is as ill informed as you.

Let us know who in the Big Sky is even discussing FCOA? Cause I know one big one that isn't.

Oh and:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21291&stc=1

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 02:13 PM

Then I guess you copied Liberty.

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 02:15 PM
Then I guess you copied Liberty.

However you want to see it is fine. Fact is had not NDSU announced this un_ never would have done it. They are no leaders.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM
However you want to see it is fine. Fact is had not NDSU announced this un_ never would have done it. They are no leaders.

I don't agree with that...it might have forced the decision earlier, but that is about it.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM

You have issues, man. Get over UND, I mean really try.

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 02:17 PM
You post a stupid cartoon and then you say I have issues? Go back to your corner.

344Johnson
September 2nd, 2015, 02:18 PM

It really won't have a big impact I don't think. They don't recruit the same areas.

Who cares? Is NDSU offering it sooner? Nope. Is NDSU able to offer more? Nope.

Professor Chaos
September 2nd, 2015, 02:19 PM
UND is the 3rd FCS school to commit to this out of 125, that's pretty damn good and well ahead of the pack. I'm no apologist of theirs but this is a pretty bold move by them before most of their peers have done the same. I applaud them for taking action instead of copping out with the "we're still evaluating it" crap that some schools are using as an excuse to drag their feet on making a real decision.

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 02:21 PM
I know un_ fans are thick but man you guys are really putting it on display today. Anyone who thinks FCOA isn't going to affect their conference is an idiot.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 02:21 PM

Whatever you want to think is fine. If Liberty hadn't done then NDSU wouldn't have I guess...who GAF? It is something many will be doing because of what others are doing with it. Stop wiping your ass on this thread with this f'n dumb UND/NDSU crap. I've stopped that bull**** on NDSU threads and it is going to also stop on UND threads.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
The FCOA piece might actually be an even more interesting conversation for hockey. How many of the DI hockey schools (outside of the B1G and a few others) are actually going to be able to swing that cost? Union...UNO....RPI...etc. Also, are Mankato, Bemidji, and Duluth going to do it?

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Montana's AD told McFeeley that he has "10 things" that he wants to pay for first before FCOA.

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 02:29 PM
Whatever you want to think is fine. If Liberty hadn't done then NDSU wouldn't have I guess...who GAF? It is something many will be doing because of what others are doing with it. Stop wiping your ass on this thread with this f'n dumb UND/NDSU crap. I've stopped that bull**** on NDSU threads and it is going to also stop on UND threads.

My ass needed a little wiping and I couldn't think of a better place than un_ for it. I've been having a legit discussion go back and read the posts.

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 02:30 PM
The FCOA piece might actually be an even more interesting conversation for hockey. How many of the DI hockey schools (outside of the B1G and a few others) are actually going to be able to swing that cost? Union...UNO....RPI...etc. Also, are Mankato, Bemidji, and Duluth going to do it?

This is a loaded question isn't it?

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 02:30 PM

Truth hurts deal with it.

You post a stupid cartoon and then you say I have issues? Go back to your corner.

I know un_ fans are thick but man you guys are really putting it on display today. Anyone who thinks FCOA isn't going to affect their conference is an idiot.

My ass needed a little wiping and I couldn't think of a better place than un_ for it. I've been having a legit discussion go back and read the posts.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded......

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 02:31 PM
Montana's AD told McFeeley that he has "10 things" that he wants to pay for first before FCOA.

I don't think FCOA is nearly the big leg up some are perceiving it to be as far as recruiting so if we got other things to worry about first then I hope that is what we do. I trust the leadership is competent and have looked at things fairly well so far. This could put UND in some jeopardy with the rest of the Big Sky and who knows where that leads. I think in a couple years most will be doing it in the top conferences though so it may just be a moot point anyway.

UNDColorado
September 2nd, 2015, 02:31 PM

That is a good question. In the NCHC I know UND and Colorado College are offering it for sure. If CC offers it then Denver almost certainly will. I know Omaha has talked about it but hasn't made a move yet.

As far as the other schools you mentioned I have no idea. Honest question- Do you think a school like Bemidji can afford to do this?

344Johnson
September 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM

You attacked them for adding FCOA because they didn't decide to do it before NDSU. Nothing legit about it. Just spouting off thumping your chest about being a leader because a school you went to God knows how long ago made a decision a week ago.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM
That is a good question. In the NCHC I know UND and Colorado College are offering it for sure. If CC offers it then Denver almost certainly will. I know Omaha has talked about it but hasn't made a move yet.

As far as the other schools you mentioned I have no idea. Honest question- Do you think a school like Bemidji can afford to do this?

No, I don't....and DI hockey is kinda a weird beast when it comes to school profiles. You could also have a larger school (another B1G school perhaps) say "thanks, no thanks" to investing FCOA in hockey as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 02:36 PM

If I need to I'll point you in the correct direction for it. This isn't the place so if you want me to remove this thread from your view let me know. You're being a douche.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
FCS schools doing this IMO are positioning themselves when the P5 schools leave the NCAA and want to be part of the 2nd tier of college football.

UND was probably going to do this anyway but just pushing it up sooner because NDSU did. They both recruit the cities hard along with Wisconsin.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 02:40 PM
FCS schools doing this IMO are positioning themselves when the P5 schools leave the NCAA and want to be part of the 2nd tier of college football.

UND was probably going to do this anyway but just pushing it up sooner because NDSU did. They both recruit the cities hard along with Wisconsin.
All pretty plausible ideas for sure.

UNDColorado
September 2nd, 2015, 02:41 PM
No, I don't....and DI hockey is kinda a weird beast when it comes to school profiles. You could also have a larger school (another B1G school perhaps) say "thanks, no thanks" to investing FCOA in hockey as well.

Agreed.

One talking point i have read multiple times in regard to hockey offering this is to compete for recruits against major junior leagues in Canada. Some here may not be aware that major junior players in Canada are paid so this makes them ineligible for NCAA hockey (the pay is not a lot). For hockey this may help schools who offer fcoa keep some high profile recruits. I can think of a a few solid recruits UND has lost to major juniors in Canada recently.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 2nd, 2015, 02:46 PM
Nah. Didn't see this coming.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 02:52 PM
Agreed.

One talking point i have read multiple times in regard to hockey offering this is to compete for recruits against major junior leagues in Canada. Some here may not be aware that major junior players in Canada are paid so this makes them ineligible for NCAA hockey (the pay is not a lot). For hockey this may help schools who offer fcoa keep some high profile recruits. I can think of a a few solid recruits UND has lost to major juniors in Canada recently.

I guess I wouldn't go that far. If a kid's goal is the NHL, major juniors in Canada is still the way to go....NCAA eligibility be damned. If the kid is a project and not 100% on their journey to the league, they can get a degree if they stay the 4 full years. In some cases, if the kid stays the full length of their NCAA eligibility, they are practically senior citizens at 21/22 years old to be a NHL prospect in the AHL.

Daytripper
September 2nd, 2015, 02:52 PM

This is just the beginning. All schools, including SHSU, that want to remain relevant will eventually go to FCOA. What sucks is that in order to pay for it, some of the less popular sports will be sacrificed. If SHSU wants to play with the big boys when the inevitable alignment shakeup occurs, and also to continue to beat out Texas State, UTEP, North Texas, etc. for those 2 and 3 star recruits, they will have to pay up..

UNDColorado
September 2nd, 2015, 02:57 PM
I guess I wouldn't go that far. If a kid's goal is the NHL, major juniors in Canada is still the way to go....NCAA eligibility be damned. If the kid is a project and not 100% on their journey to the league, they can get a degree if they stay the 4 full years. In some cases, if the kid stays the full length of their NCAA eligibility, they are practically senior citizens at 21/22 years old to be a NHL prospect in the AHL.

Good point. It won't be the difference maker between getting a kid to go the NCAA route instead of juniors. I imagine it could help in some situations. There are a lot of reasons to choose one over the other.

Bisonator
September 2nd, 2015, 02:58 PM
I would suspect the other Dakota schools and possibly more MVFC schools announcing this fairly soon as well. Like I said on the NDSU thread the additional cost is minuscule compared to the entire budgets and recruiting against those who will be offering will eventually make it a must. Good on UND for stepping up for student athletes.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Good point. It won't be the difference maker between getting a kid to go the NCAA route instead of juniors. I imagine it could help in some situations. There are a lot of reasons to choose one over the other.

It sure doesn't hurt though...

clenz
September 2nd, 2015, 03:03 PM
I'm absolutely dumbfounded......
Been off my ignore list for 12 hours and I'm already about to put him back on it.

dbackjon
September 2nd, 2015, 03:16 PM
Been off my ignore list for 12 hours and I'm already about to put him back on it.

That's one way to turn a three page thread into a one page thread :)

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2015, 03:16 PM

Him, LFN and Johnson have found themselves on perm block lists, if only they could string together coherent messages to actually bring something worthwhile to the conversation.

Speaking of MVFC schools, do you think UNI will come out soon and state their intentions for FCOA, Clenz?

344Johnson
September 2nd, 2015, 03:27 PM
Him, LFN and Johnson have found themselves on perm block lists, if only they could string together coherent messages to actually bring something worthwhile to the conversation.

Speaking of MVFC schools, do you think UNI will come out soon and state their intentions for FCOA, Clenz?

A.) The fun part is this guy thinks that paying athletes will bring North Dakota(the state) a workforce of more qualified individuals. Super logical and coherent.

B.) I hope UNI does.

abc123
September 2nd, 2015, 03:29 PM
Follow NDSU's coattails? UND is already offering COA in 2 sports for the 2015-2016 school year, how many is NDSU offering it for?

clenz
September 2nd, 2015, 03:33 PM

For football? Dannen is never in a big hurry to push decisions out just for the sake of being one of the first, even if the plan is in place. I would bet there have been long conversations about football taking place. If I had to put money on it I would bet before the start of the new fiscal year, that way they were in play for next year.

Remember, UNI is already doing FCOA for men's basketball, women's basketball and volleyball THIS YEAR. UNI is ALREADY PAYING FCOA. Women's basketball is doing it at rather unique way - they are only giving 14 of their 15 scholarships out and using the money from that 15th scholarship for FCOA.

I think UNI's FCOA is about $2,500.

The issue will be finding a couple more donors, which eventually we are due to run out of them, right? I mean we are already getting $1m per year to privately fun our mens basketball coach. Our wrestling coaching position is privately endowed, we get over @2.5m per year from the Panther Scholarship Club. The reality is UNI is likely getting 3.5-4.5 million dollars per year in private donations.

What's another 500k, right? Yeah, I guess. The difference in funding for basketball, wrestling and volleyball is they've all been top 10-15 teams in recent years. Football has fallen on some rough years during a time when UNI wrestling is making a come back to a top 20 program. During a time UNI basketball is getting ranked in the top 10. During a time when Volleyball continues to rank in the top 5-7 in attendance every single year. Had football had 1 more playoff birth, maybe a 10 win season or 1 deep playoff run in the last couple years there likely would be a couple more donors.

UNI's athletic department also isn't keen on spending money that is doesn't have at this exact moment - because that's how the last administration ran the budget issues at UNI into complete crisis mode in 2009 and lead to baseball being cut, along with some drastic changes in funding policies. The announcement is coming, but a few donors are being lined up first...or accounting numbers are being played with to make it work.

- - - Updated - - -

Follow NDSU's coattails? UND is already offering COA in 2 sports for the 2015-2016 school year, how many is NDSU offering it for?
UNI is paying FCOA in 3 sports this year as well.

Hambone
September 2nd, 2015, 03:39 PM
I'm very surprised that UND is offering that quick. Talking to some friends we figured it was coming but thought it would be a couple years away for all sports. Now that the surprise has worn off a little, I'm very excited for the future of UND athletics!

UNDColorado
September 2nd, 2015, 03:49 PM
It sure doesn't hurt though...

It certainly doesn't.

Here is an article just written regarding FCOA in hockey. I was wrong on CC (though I did check and they said they are seriously considering) Miami and UND are the NCHC schools that will be offering. Good read: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2015/09/02_what_will_full_cost_of_attendance.php

Bisonoline
September 2nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
Not one legitimate comment from N_SU fans yet, shocker. Just stay out if you can't handle it.

Fact is you weren't going to offer all of your sports until NDSU did. Your hand was forced. Not that big of a deal but when you try to deny it it just makes you look foolish.

Missingnumber7
September 2nd, 2015, 04:05 PM
Let us know who in the Big Sky is even discussing FCOA? Cause I know one big one that isn't.

Oh and:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21291&stc=1

Classic...but in 12 years in D1 NDSU has allowed over 30 8 times...in the past 2 years UN? has allowed over 30 10. Just sayin.

Oh and good for UND for allowing FCOA...how they paying for it?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 04:08 PM
Fact is you weren't going to offer all of your sports until NDSU did. Your hand was forced. Not that big of a deal but when you try to deny it it just makes you look foolish.

That's true for anyone to follow then Oline after Liberty did it. It is true but it is as true for NDSU, Montana, UND, or anyone else. Are we gonna have this sort of childish "we did it first" with everyone? I highly doubt it. The point is conceded but I don't know why or how it is a big point I guess. You want to keep pace with your contemporaries and I don't see how that is a big deal at all.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 04:10 PM
Classic...but in 12 years in D1 NDSU has allowed over 30 8 times...in the past 2 years UN? has allowed over 30 10. Just sayin.

Oh and good for UND for allowing FCOA...how they paying for it?

Your very own Fargo Forum made that cartoon. Take it up with them.

Paying for it the same way N_SU is. Nobody will ever really know.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
That's true for anyone to follow then Oline after Liberty did it. It is true but it is as true for NDSU, Montana, UND, or anyone else. Are we gonna have this sort of childish "we did it first" with everyone? I highly doubt it. The point is conceded but I don't know why or how it is a big point I guess. You want to keep pace with your contemporaries and I don't see how that is a big deal at all.

Exactly, thank you. I cannot wait for the 4th team to announce they are doing FCOA - going to be all over them for riding UND's coattails. Or not.

Missingnumber7
September 2nd, 2015, 04:15 PM
Your very own Fargo Forum made that cartoon. Take it up with them.

Paying for it the same way N_SU is. Nobody will ever really know.

OH you missed that part of NDSU's press release where it was stated that it would be paid with by private donors money, they also stated that they are going to fully fund T&F, Golf, and Baseball. Tells me there is already a gift in place to pay for it. The end of the UN?'s press release says that basically we need to do some research to see how we pay for this.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 04:19 PM
OH you missed that part of NDSU's press release where it was stated that it would be paid with by private donors money, they also stated that they are going to fully fund T&F, Golf, and Baseball. Tells me there is already a gift in place to pay for it. The end of the UN?'s press release says that basically we need to do some research to see how we pay for this.

So they are figuring out how they will pay for it...why would you expect someone here to have the answer? When they figure it out we'll all know if we care right?

nodak651
September 2nd, 2015, 04:20 PM
NDSU said they need to raise half of the money still.

UND has donors stepping up, as well. They will potentially cut swimming/diving.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 04:21 PM

No, NDSU has donations for HALF of the money for the first three years. They need the rest, which is around 900K over three years. Let us know what Matt Larsen tells you about it, OK?

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 04:23 PM
So they are figuring out how they will pay for it...why would you expect someone here to have the answer? When they figure it out we'll all know if we care right?

It just never stops. It's gang mentality on here and part of the reason why other schools have so few posters. I know it has been talked about but it's true.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 04:30 PM
It just never stops. It's gang mentality on here and part of the reason why other schools have so few posters. I know it has been talked about but it's true.

Bull****. I would say fan bases probably see increases/decreases with winning/losing, etc. Also, certain schools just have larger FCS football fan bases to begin with. If individual posters are chased away due to team preference/affiliation or their feelings get hurt, I can't help them. That goes for NDSU fans in my opinion as well.

FargoBison
September 2nd, 2015, 04:32 PM
This could start an FCOA arm's race in the upper Midwest, it was one thing with one school doing it but now others will need to climb on board as well if they want to remain competitive. I do wonder about the Montana schools as well, they like to dip their toes in the MN recruiting waters.

Also NDSU isn't doing this because of Liberty, NDSU is doing this because of schools like Wyoming. NDSU doesn't recruit against Liberty but we do go to head to head with MAC and MWC schools.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 04:33 PM
This could start an FCOA arm's race in the upper Midwest, it was one thing with one school doing it but now others will need to climb on board as well if they want to remain competitive. I do wonder about the Montana schools as well, they like to dip their toes in the MN recruiting waters.

Also NDSU isn't doing this because of Liberty, NDSU is doing this because of schools like Wyoming. NDSU doesn't recruit against Liberty but we do go to head to head with MAC and MWC schools.

Are there announcements out there that these G5 schools are on board with FCOA?

Missingnumber7
September 2nd, 2015, 04:40 PM

Why isn't it a big deal? If they are going to us scholly funds it means they have to find a way to cut in other areas. It was simply a question I was asking as there might have been audio that was during a press conference other than the 2 1/2 paragraphs released by the school.

F'N Hawks
Bull****. I would say fan bases probably see increases/decreases with winning/losing, etc. Also, certain schools just have larger FCS football fan bases to begin with. If individual posters are chased away due to team preference/affiliation or their feelings get hurt, I can't help them. That goes for NDSU fans in my opinion as well.

That is perfectly fine and true, which is why I said "part of". I know for a handful of UND fans it is the reason why. This thread is pretty good proof, no? Gets old and the minority usually just gives up but I am a glutton for punishment I guess. xlolx

FargoBison

I know Wyo is doing it(they offered an NDSU recruit FCOA). I do believe most of MWC is doing it as well. In the MAC I know NIU, Ohio and Akron are on board, not sure about the others.

Missingnumber7
September 2nd, 2015, 04:44 PM

That was an article from the end of July.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2778935-155/utah-state-football-mountain-west-conference

Thompson said all the schools in the MWC are offering full cost of attendance to their athletes except New Mexico, UNLV, Nevada and Air Force — the latter of which is treated as an exception since it technically is a service academy and a non-scholarship rule.

Nevada has said they are next year.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2015, 04:44 PM

Kind of the same reason why I said UND's move doesn't necessarily threaten EWU, MSU, or UM. Recruit totally different players.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 04:45 PM
That is perfectly fine and true, which is why I said "part of". I know for a handful of UND fans it is the reason why. This thread is pretty good proof, no? Gets old and the minority usually just gives up but I am a glutton for punishment I guess. xlolx

1 poster.....and plenty of regulars are ready to call out the BS when they see it. I'm more than aware of 1 UND fan in particular that felt "persecuted"....likewise, I'm aware of 1 NDSU fan with those same feelings. xlolx Both are complete bull****....but you are probably correct in that some posters probably are best suited for their own fanboards to get their FCS "info"

nodak651
September 2nd, 2015, 04:46 PM
It's the reason I don't post here.

344Johnson
September 2nd, 2015, 04:47 PM

I'm guessing UND will pay for it very similar to how NDSU does. They have donors too you know.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 04:52 PM

Until recently your side was as big a problem so that is true for both sides in the first portion. The second portion is just BS. I've watched how this place works and although your outcome is true right now how it was arrived at is very incorrect. If you'd been here in 2006 -2011 very often you'd have seen that whoever wins the NC has an uptick..as we would expect.

If it is true, who gives a **** though. Make your points and roll along with the discussion and ignore the childish crap, that's for me to handle unfortunately.

Anyone that gets chased away because they couldn't handle an argument or felt slighted should not have been here in the first place cuz the place doesn't even try to coddle pussies anyway. This is what we got, let's make the best of it I guess.:D

FargoBison
September 2nd, 2015, 04:52 PM
Kind of the same reason why I said UND's move doesn't necessarily threaten EWU, MSU, or UM. Recruit totally different players.

I think it really only affects Montana, from what I can remember they are the only Big Sky school outside of UND that we really ever recruit against.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 04:57 PM
Until recently your side was as big a problem so that is true for both sides in the first portion. The second portion is just BS. I've watched how this place works and although your outcome is true right now how it was arrived at is very incorrect. If you'd been here in 2006 -2011 very often you'd have seen that whoever wins the NC has an uptick..as we would expect.

If it is true, who gives a **** though. Make your points and roll along with the discussion and ignore the childish crap, that's for me to handle unfortunately.

Anyone that gets chased away because they couldn't handle an argument or felt slighted should not have been here in the first place cuz the place doesn't even try to coddle pussies anyway. This is what we got, let's make the best of it I guess.:D

Is it? :D Pretty typical coming from a Bison fan like you........... xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 05:03 PM
Is it? :D Pretty typical coming from a Bison fan like you........... xlolx

I'm sure I'm a Sioux fan after today cuz you know anytime you don't go along with simpleton crap you are on the other team and now this place is just turning into SiouxSports.2 or whatever the hell is always said.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d84vByp8vyo

Stomach: AGS/Thread on AGS
Scotch: Mr. Chicken
Tequila: NDSU posters circa DI transition
Worm: Lakes
Old Hotdog: PL/Ivy poster

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2015, 06:00 PM
I'm sure I'm a Sioux fan after today cuz you know anytime you don't go along with simpleton crap you are on the other team and now this place is just turning into SiouxSports.2 or whatever the hell is always said.

OMG, I donate my money to a Sioux fan?! Screw this place!!!

Drblankstare
September 2nd, 2015, 07:03 PM

This place was lousy with Appy fans when I started hanging around. Those were dark times:D

If you want to talk football, but you feel some of the Bison fans are too much, use your ignore button liberally.

Kemo
September 2nd, 2015, 07:50 PM
UND Sports Release
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=210311811

So UND is now the third FCS school to offer FCOA across the board. My guess is SDSU is going to be close behind.

Matt Zimmer (https://twitter.com/argusmattz) (w/ contributions from Mick Garry (https://twitter.com/mickgarry)) released an article (http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2015/08/28/jacks-coyotes-follow-ndsus-lead-pay-athletes/71290788/) less than a week ago about the South Dakota schools' response to NDSU's announcement.

Coach Stig was quoted as:
We’ve had extensive talks about not if we’re going to do it, but when. It’s just another budget item. We’re going to have to figure out a way to do it, not to keep up with NDSU, but to treat our players as well as we can within the rules.

...and SDSU AD Justin Sell said:
It’s just another tool. We’re trying to frame it as creating good experiences for student athletes and trying to support them. We take our $16 million budget and slice it up the way that best supports our student athletes. Some of that is academic support, facilities, scholarships – this is another element. Singularly it means one thing, but when you put it into the collective whole it’s just another part of it.

What I get from these quotes is that it's more about budget reallocation than having to raise an additional million dollars (I believe SDSU has the most scholarship athletes in the Dakotas, but I couldn't find UND's #'s).

So yes, I have little doubt that we will be implementing COA in the near future, but we won't rush to make an announcement. The SDSU administration's M.O. has been slow and steady improvement throughout the DI era, so they'll make sure they have their ducks in a row before going public with it.

ISUalum
September 2nd, 2015, 08:18 PM

it's also the same reason I no longer post here, no matter the post, it's bison this, bison that, it's very old

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 08:22 PM
it's also the same reason I no longer post here, no matter the post, it's bison this, bison that, it's very old

.....and it 100% doesn't stop you guys from lurking/reading...just not participating I guess? Considering how quick you guys were to comment on the subject.