PDA

View Full Version : JMU Gets New Jerseys for 2005

JMU Duke Dog
July 1st, 2005, 07:51 AM
JMU football has a new Nike contract and will be wearing jerseys different than those in 2004. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of the new jerseys yet, but I will post them once I do.

OL FU
July 1st, 2005, 07:56 AM
JMU football has a new Nike contract and will be wearing jerseys different than those in 2004.

Oooh, guess you guys are not superstitious, huh?

MR. CHICKEN
July 1st, 2005, 08:04 AM
DAWG.....YA'LL'S REIGN O' TERROR IS OVERAH.....NOW DAT YA GOT NEW JERSEYS!......HENS.....GOT NEW ONES AFTERAH DUH 2003 GRAMMY........GUESS WHAT?......NO RETURN TRIP TA 'NOOGA FO' US!!.........AWK!

p.s. ......CAN'T HIDE DAT BULLSEYE BY CHANGIN' SHIRTS! :nonono2:

JMU Duke Dog
July 1st, 2005, 08:19 AM
Oooh, guess you guys are not superstitious, huh?

Apparently the person that made the decision to switch jerseys is not superstitious. I am thinking that our national championship exposure helped us to get a new Nike jersey contract. I have not seen these new jerseys, but people are saying that they are better than the football jerseys at UVA and VT and would make most Division I-A programs around the nation jealous including Miami.

p.s. ......CAN'T HIDE DAT BULLSEYE BY CHANGIN' SHIRTS! :nonono2:

Maybe the new JMU jerseys will have bulleyes physically stiched onto the actual jersey. xlolx

BBB
July 1st, 2005, 08:24 AM
When I first saw the title I was thinking that JMU was going to play New Jersey. Then i was thinking when did New Jersey U become 1-AA?

But I was mistaken, carry on.

ChickenMan
July 1st, 2005, 08:31 AM
I have not seen these new jerseys, but people are saying that they are better than the football jerseys at UVA and VT and would make most Division I-A programs around the nation jealous including Miami.

very hard to do when you're wearing... 'purple' :p

Go...gate
July 1st, 2005, 10:41 AM
Keeping the old jerseys doesn't help much either. Colgate kept most of its 2003 stuff (for cost reasons, we have always seemed to be re-cycling FB uniform pants or shirts) and we missed the play-offs at 7-4. Sounds like we both had a bit of a letdown, which was understandable.

colgate13
July 1st, 2005, 10:57 AM
Go...gate - you sure they're the same? I remember they were new each year, just that they looked the same. Heck, if you know the right people you can usually buy used stuff from the season for cheap!

ccujacket
July 1st, 2005, 11:02 AM
Nike is responsible for some of the ugliest uniforms in college football.

greenG
July 1st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Apparently the person that made the decision to switch jerseys is not superstitious. I am thinking that our national championship exposure helped us to get a new Nike jersey contract. I have not seen these new jerseys, but people are saying that they are better than the football jerseys at UVA and VT and would make most Division I-A programs around the nation jealous including Miami.

How many points is uniform jealously worth on the field? :confused: It appears the Fashion Design department is taking over athletics in Harrisonburg. :D

bobcatfan06
July 1st, 2005, 11:40 AM
Texas State got a Nike contract as well. There are pictures of our jerseys over on the thread for show your uni's or something like that. The only differences between the ones in those pictures and the new Nike ones, is on the away jersey the numbers will be outlined in maroon instead of gold. Also, there will be no more "t.v." numbers (numbers on the shoulders). Look for JMU's coaches to have some pretty awesome side-line shirts made by Nike also. Texas State has some pretty good ones.

Go...gate
July 1st, 2005, 12:09 PM
13, as I understood it they had some additional stuff without the "'gate" on the jersey and used them this year along with '03 holdovers; I think we will get some new ones this year because Maroon Council sold or auctioned some off. I had '61 (white with maroon sleeves) and '75 (with COLGATE on the front of the shirt) shirts for the longest time. That old stuff was heavy - they must have died on warm days.

colgate13
July 1st, 2005, 12:16 PM
I just hated when the NCAA came up with the rule that you had to tuck your shirt in. The waist cut shirts were the best... especially back when I had abs! Now, I might be opting for the long ones... :(

I guess we'll see what we get. I don't expect Colgate to ever change much as long as Biddle is in charge.

Witter19
July 1st, 2005, 12:26 PM
I really like our jerseys right now, chage isn't really necessary in my opinion. Oh well, I hope they look cool regardless. (Can we get a pic)

Go...gate
July 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
13, you mean the famous Colgate "midriffs" of the late '70's and early '80's? They were great, especially in a snowstorm. What a psych-out job.

Pantherpower
July 1st, 2005, 05:09 PM
Boy, I thought JMU had a great purple/old gold combo before. In fact, it was comparable to UNI's in the mid-late 80's. Now, we've got freakin' black pants, purple helmets, and baby-poop yellow :mad: Bring back the old-gold pants and old gold helmet w/ UNI in script, dammit!! ;)

DuckDuckGriz
July 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM
FYI

Every year that Montana has gone to the NC except 2000, it was the team's first season with "new jerseys" :eek: ....okay maybe our jerseys just change like the seasons :o

greenG
July 3rd, 2005, 12:06 AM
This thread is being move to HGTV where the next show will be about coordinating bedroom curtains with the new JMU uniforms. ;)

Lapper
July 3rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
Nike is responsible for some of the ugliest uniforms in college football.

When did we get a Nike contract??? ;)

I have to admit that I can take but so many chicken heads on the gear.

th0m
July 3rd, 2005, 04:44 PM
Here's an impression a board member called DukesPMR from the JMU boards on CAAzone.com made based on descriptions by jmuchu with inside information :)

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=357263#357263

tribe_pride
July 3rd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Th0m - not sure you really wanted to post that link based on the rest of the posts in that link. If you read the whole post, the majority of it is discussing whether the word retarded is supposed to be good or bad.

th0m
July 3rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
tripe_pride: I know, but that's why I posted the link to that specific post. I don't want to put the image on here when I wasn't the one who made it in the first place.

Besides, its just the CAAZone regulars having some fun to compensate for the lack of football this time of the year ;)