PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh Mentioned for Tulane Job

TexasTerror
November 29th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Guess nothing gets old when it comes to Harbaugh getting mentioned for jobs at the Bowl Subdivision level...

Jim Harbaugh, San Diego HC
Major Applewhite, Rice OC
Patrick Nix, Georgia Tech OC

http://wdsu.portspaces.com/post/offsides/hire_jim_harbaugh.html

th0m
November 29th, 2006, 07:13 AM
How can you lose to a guy named Major Applewhite :D

henfan
November 29th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Why in God's name would he want the Tulane job?

AppGuy04
November 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Why don't we just make a thread entitled "Harbaugh mentioned for every open I-A job in the country"

OL FU
November 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Why in God's name would he want the Tulane job?

Tommy Bowden did alright at Tulane:nod:

BlueHen86
November 29th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Why don't we just make a thread entitled "Harbaugh mentioned for every open I-A job in the country"

I'm sure when he's ready, Jim Harbaugh will come here and start that thread himself.:rotateh:

I can't help but think that the San Diego playoff campaigning Harbaugh did was more about getting Harbaugh's name out there than it was about getting San Diego into the playoffs.

NoCoDanny
November 29th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Major Applewhite will get the job but after one pretty decent season will get fired so some hotshot NFL QB's kid can take over.

89Hen
November 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Major Applewhite, Rice OC
:confused: :confused: What is he, like 25 years old? Wasn't he the QB with Simms before Vince Young?

mcveyrl
November 29th, 2006, 09:14 AM
:confused: :confused: What is he, like 25 years old? Wasn't he the QB with Simms before Vince Young?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw his name pop up. I'm pretty sure that's right.

AppGuy04
November 29th, 2006, 09:27 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Applewhite

25 or 26 depending on his birthday

TexasTerror
November 29th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Major Applewhite was mentioned as a possible HC for the Rice job before it went to Todd Graham. Lucky for Rice and Graham, they snatched up Applewhite.

It would not surprise me if Major stayed at Rice for a few years while Graham built the program up and then took over the HC position before moving on himself. I'd hope that Graham stayed at Rice though. He's made a huge difference as it relates to everything that is Rice, not just as it relates to football...

danefan
November 29th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Applewhite is an X's and O's genious. He was the QB at Texas before Chris Simms. He is only about 5'8" and was a successful IA (or BS) QB so you know he had to be very smart. Not bad being the OC at a IA school being 26 yrs old.

AggiePride
November 29th, 2006, 12:16 PM
He really IS shopping around. Looks like he wants out of SD.

DinoDex200
November 29th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Applewhite is an X's and O's genious. He was the QB at Texas before Chris Simms. He is only about 5'8" and was a successful IA (or BS) QB so you know he had to be very smart. Not bad being the OC at a IA school being 26 yrs old.

Agree...one of the big reasons for Rice's turnaround this year. Texas probably would have played for a National Title sooner that last year if Brown wasn't so in love with Chris Simms. The year that Miami pummelled Nebraska, Texas would have made it if they had beaten CU in the Big 12 Title game...but Brown started a shaky Simms before Applewhite brought them back to the brink of victory.

If I were him, I'd want to take a few years before becoming a Head Coach, prove yourself as a coordinator first...learn a few things, etc.

BTW, after watching Ga Tech's offense this year, I don't know why anyone is clamoring for Patrick Nix.

ereiz03
November 29th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I really think that Harbaugh sticks around at USD for one more year. The team will be better next year (returning all but 2 or 3 starters), and he'll wait until Josh Johnson graduates. USD, if it schedules a few tough teams (which apparently they are working on) will have a good shot at the playoffs next year.

colorless raider
November 29th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'm sure when he's ready, Jim Harbaugh will come here and start that thread himself.:rotateh:

I can't help but think that the San Diego playoff campaigning Harbaugh did was more about getting Harbaugh's name out there than it was about getting San Diego into the playoffs.
You got that right...it seems it's all about him.

AppGuy04
November 29th, 2006, 01:43 PM
BTW, after watching Ga Tech's offense this year, I don't know why anyone is clamoring for Patrick Nix.

What offense? You mean the "lets throw it up and let Calvin Johnson outjump people" style?

AggiePride
November 29th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I really think that Harbaugh sticks around at USD for one more year. The team will be better next year (returning all but 2 or 3 starters), and he'll wait until Josh Johnson graduates. USD, if it schedules a few tough teams (which apparently they are working on) will have a good shot at the playoffs next year.

please, please come back to Davis. We need some games.

danefan
November 29th, 2006, 02:19 PM

Did Johnson redshirt? If he did or not he could graduate this year and Harbaugh could take him along under the Grad school transfer rule without having to sit a year. xcoffeex