PDA

View Full Version : New Stadium for Jackson St?

TexasTerror
November 28th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Best of luck to Jackson St on acquiring land and trying to move forward with building their own stadium.

Here is a preliminary assessment of the JSU stadium plan:
http://www.facilityplanners.com/portfolio/jackson_state_u/stadium05/default.aspx?s=p

All links/articles courtesy of SWAC Page.

Possible J.S.U. Stadium Site Unveiled
By David Kenney
[email protected]

Recently there has been some discussion among Jackson State and city officials about building a stadium for the Tigers.

There has been talk of building the stadium adjacent to the J.S.U. campus, and now a map has surfaced that may pinpoint where the building is planned.

The map of the proposed stadium was recently published in the Jacksonian magazine, on the campus master development plan.

Located just east of the intersection of Terry Road and Lynch Street, it would swallow several city blocks, which is no problem for the residents we talked to.

Earle Street resident, Ozzie Stapleton says, "I'm a big J.S.U. fan. I own a personal care home. I'm licensed by the state and everything but I don't have no problem with moving; whatever I can do to better myself and the university I'm with it."

Jackson State officals declined to talk with us about the stadium, but they have made some moves in acquiring property. Stapleton's neighbor is already gone.

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5735027

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 09:57 AM
:eek: :bow:

http://www.facilityplanners.com/portfolio/jackson_state_u/stadium05/stadium.jpg

TexasTerror
November 28th, 2006, 09:58 AM
That sure is a beautiful stadium!

Wish Jackson St and Comegy got their wish of playing in the playoffs, because that would definitely be a crown jewel to play some I-AA playoff games in!

PenguinPride23
November 28th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Now that just ain't fair... :eek: :D

Although I think they'd need a few more lights than that ;)

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 10:04 AM
There's a lot of stuff going on down here.
This has been planned every since they started the renovation at Memorial back in 1998.

This plan is calling for seating in the range of 39,000 to 45,000.
The area where this is to be built is perfect.

The new baseball stadium and the W. P. Complex is a stones throw away.
Downtown Jackson will be on the backside with the New Tel-Com Center and 8,000 seatConvention Hall bout a quarter mile away.

This is going to be off the chain.
Gameday without leaving campus in JACKTOWN.............:eek:

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 10:05 AM

There will be plenty of light's.

Every game we play at home except homecomming start's at 6pm.
Nothing like playing under the lights.

BTW: The Pressbox/Lux Suite's will be on the RIGHT side of the Stadium in the final plan.

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
With a facility like that, is JSU thinking I-A?

Perhaps steal some of the limelight away from Southern Miss?

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 12:01 PM
With a facility like that, is JSU thinking I-A?

Perhaps steal some of the limelight away from Southern Miss?

Naw....................No thought's of 1-A.
This is just another part of the building going on at JSU.
We just gonna make sure that what we build will have every need addressed.

It will definitely be a plus in recruiting especially in keeping 1ST LINE JACKSON METRO talent from going to Oxford, Starksville, or USM.

USM's QB played highschool ball right across the street from Memorial Stadium in Jackson.

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Even with facilities like that, you aren't going to get top instate recruits playing SWAC competition.

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Even with facilities like that, you aren't going to get top instate recruits playing SWAC competition.

You right....................You will get them all.xcoffeex
With the pro competition and facilities ya'll got, what the use of us sinking $50 or $60 million into a place like this. :rolleyes:
After all...............You know how thing's work here.:eyebrow:

Fool's ask a question then act a fool when the answer comes.....................**fart**xidiotx

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
With the pro competition and facilities ya'll got, what the use of us sinking $50 or $60 million into a place like this. :rolleyes:

Who are you talking about?

NDSU?

The Fargodome is certainly not a pro level facility.

But we did beat MVSU 45-0.

If JSU is going to be playing competition at that level, then what's the point of building a stadium of that caliber? Might as well play the local high school teams.

However, if you were hosting UM and MSU (or even USM), there certainly would be justification for building such a fine facility.

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Who are you talking about?

NDSU?

The Fargodome is certainly not a pro level facility.
Got that right.................xlolx

But we did beat MVSU 45-0.
And the surprise here to a JSU fan is................xlolx
We beat them the last 12 years with an overall record of 49-5-1.
They went 29 years before Jerry Rice and Willie Totten got them their 1st ever win over JSU. xlolx

If JSU is going to be playing competition at that level, then what's the point of building a stadium of that caliber? Might as well play the local high school teams.

However, if you were hosting UM and MSU (or even USM), there certainly would be justification for building such a fine facility.

Last time I looked, we didn't need justification from Ole Pi$$, MRS. State or those road worriers USM to build shat.
As for Ole Pi$$ and MRS. State..............Nobody here want's to play them "bubbas". xlolx
He!!.................USM can't even raise the money to expand their own 33,000 seat stadium.

Man......xlolx ........why am I doing this.......xlolx .........THIS FAKE QUESTION NUTT is from freaking North "40 below" Dakota.................A place nobody want's to go except polar bears xlolx

Bottom line is maybe you have to suck the big boy's knee-caps to JUSTIFY building facilities on YOUR campus.
WE DON't. xlolx

BTW: Just for you.................We are completing a 6,500 seat Baseball Stadium complete with skyboxes that will be ready for the Spring.
That's larger than your football stadium seating capacity probably. xlolx
Sorry we didn't get justification from the likes of you before building. xlolx

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Well, frankly, if I'm a taxpayer in Hinds county, there is no way I'm voting to build that thing if JSU isn't going DI-A.

And, frankly, JSU will never be able to raise enough money to build it themselves.

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 28th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Well, frankly, if I'm a taxpayer in Hinds county, there is no way I'm voting to build that thing if JSU isn't going DI-A.

And, frankly, JSU will never be able to raise enough money to build it themselves.
Stop with the hate.:nonono2:

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM

You need to stop looking at thing's through your schools eyes. xlolx

IF A FROG HAD WINGS................HE WOULD NOT BUST ARSE EVERYTIME HE JUMPED IN THE AIR AND LANDED.

Your vote would mean NaDa in this city when it comes to JSU...........THE CAPITOL CITY that has an 83% black population. xlolx

Dude....................You can sit at your keyboard and throw out all the "not voting for it" garbage you want...................JSU is not like a North Dakota.

And Frankly.....................JSU has spent over $350 million building in the last 6 years.

Guess what....................The AYRES Settlement will give us another $250,000,000+ minimum..............Google it up. xlolx

Don't ever compare what YOUR school can't do to Jackson State.
You can believe all that broke HBCU shat if you want.

Now go ahead and rant some more.....................But just to do a quick run through of the last 6 or 7 years:

Wanna see our new multi-million dollar SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING that is being built where the OLD BASEBALL field used to be.

How bout the new $25 million student union.
$8 million dollar baseball facility.
$18 million Walter Payton complex.
$1 million outdoor Track facility.
New Softball, Soccor, Volleyball facilities, etc............. xlolx
How bout the complete overhaul of the main traffic line through campus turning it into a no-auto walking garden/campus park.

I could post flyover video that would make you swallow your "can't raise the money" tongue.

How bout all the housing JSU is building to replace the neighborhoods that were BOUGHT OUT by JSU...................WHICH WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED again for the football stadium.

How bout I just post all the stuff we won't be able to raise money for that we have already built or started building.

Man.................You really don't wanna go there North Dakota. xlolx

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Stop with the hate.:nonono2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :eek:

Let him continue. xlolx

I'm just luvin' this. xlolx

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 04:26 PM
The Ayres settlement will give us another $250,000,000+ minimum..............Google it up.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WMX/is_20_22/ai_n15966865

Settlement of the case provided that Alcorn, Jackson State University and Mississippi Valley State University would each get a portion of what will one day be a $70 million publicly funded endowment once they sustain 10 percent non-Black enrollment for three consecutive years.

Jackson State and Mississippi Valley have not reached that mark.

Wanna see our new multi-million dollar SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING that is being built where the OLD BASEBALL field used to be.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_n12_v15/ai_21064700

Thomas Layzell, Mississippi's commissioner of higher education, said he likes the idea of a college of engineering, but noted that it could cost as much as $9 million over a six- to ten-year period to get the college going. That money would have to first be approved by the state's legislature, a historically tight-fisted group that responds suspiciously to public spending.

"We anticipate the legislature will be responsive to us," Layzell said hopefully.

But Charles Young, the chairman of the Mississippi House of Representative's Committee on Universities and Colleges, thinks that the $9 million price tag may be a hard sell.

On top of that, if a engineering degree from Jackson State is going to be worth the paper it's printed on, the school will have to become ABET certified (www.abet.org).

Right now the only 2 ABET engineering schools in Mississippi are UM and MSU.

Good luck getting the cert.

(NDSU is, by the way)

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WMX/is_20_22/ai_n15966865

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_n12_v15/ai_21064700

On top of that, if a engineering degree from Jackson State is going to be worth the paper it's printed on, the school will have to become ABET certified (www.abet.org).

Right now the only 2 ABET engineering schools in Mississippi are UM and MSU.
UNTIL now..............There has never been a third. xlolx
This was all hashed out in the AYRES case. xlolx
It was either a School of Engineering or the University of Mississippi medical Center would come under JSU hands.xlolx

Now don't you feel STUPID.
On here posting shat that was hashed out years ago before the first yard of concrete was poured.xlolx
Good luck getting the cert.

(NDSU is, by the way)
And just how many different colleges and Universities in N.D. that are offering programs like this?
Hell for that matter...........HOW MANY COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES ARE IN NORTH DAKOTA ? xlolx
Dude.............Just go on and say an HBCU can't do it. xlolx

Any fool would know if it is being built it will be certified. :nod:
Man..............I'm through with you...........You just ain't worth it. xlolx
WE never worry bout "frosty the snowman" trying to belittle anything comming from places like JSU. xlolx

We talking bout a new football stadium and you come with the usual AGS TROLL postings.
Never have a good thing to say except about that Ice Cube you call a University.

You won't ever see it, play in it, or ride past it, or walk the yard carring a book so why is the green showing through your computer.:)

Some of the posters on this board need a good swift kick in their uppity arses. xlolx

Please come back with more out-dated "FACTS". xlolx

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Until JSU gets 10% white students, they aren't getting any Ayers money.

Lets see if they can accomplish that and truely become a metropolitan research university of Mississippi in the same mission as Louisville, Memphis, UA Birmingham, etc. Serving people of ALL colors. Not just the blacks.

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Until JSU gets 10% white students, they aren't getting any Ayers money.

Dude..............go back and read the posts.
Everything we are doing now is done WITHOUT ARYE'S MONEY.

10% is nothing.
We stand at a little over 8% now.
And BTW MR 1 track WHITE STUDENT.................It don't have to be just WHITE STUDENTS..............see below in bold.

Lets see if they can accomplish that and truely become a metropolitan research university of Mississippi in the same mission as Louisville, Memphis, UA Birmingham, etc. Serving people of ALL colors. Not just the blacks.

Whatever dude.

We only serve blacks...............Damm!!

And I thought all those Whites, Latino's, Africans, etc, walking the campus carring books were visiting men and womens sport's teams.

Dude.............Talk about something you might know 1/10 about.
Your insight on what go on down here at JSU is pure xidiotx

Stick to North Dakota.....................xlolx

GeauxColonels
November 28th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Looks GREAT!! BEAUTIFUL FACILITY!!!!

With a place like that, you would definitely be the envy of the entire SWAC.

jstate83
November 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Looks GREAT!! BEAUTIFUL FACILITY!!!!

With a place like that, you would definitely be the envy of the entire SWAC.

Thanks man.:thumbsup:

The powers that be are finally correcting a wrong that's been in place for over 4 decades.

We are the only College, University, or JuCo in the State of Mississippi that don't have their own stadium.

Glad this is just a "few" years away from being a reality.

slycat
November 28th, 2006, 09:04 PM
wow nice design for the new stadium. ya'll sound like your getting a great baseball stadium too.

texas st has plans for a new baseball and softball stadiums but the funding is coming in really slow.:bang:

slostang
November 28th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Whatever dude.

And I thought all those Whites, Latino's, Africans, etc, walking the campus carring books were visiting men and womens sport's teams.

Dude.............Talk about something you might know 1/10 about.
Your insight on what go on down here at JSU is pure xidiotx

Stick to North Dakota.....................xlolx
He does not know anything about North Dakota, football or any other topic. He has already been kicked off NDSU's board.

Great facility that will not only be the invy of the SWAC, but all of CS. Good luck and keep us updated.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 28th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Looking good J-State! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to visit the new stadium one day soon.

jstate83
November 29th, 2006, 08:13 AM
wow nice design for the new stadium. ya'll sound like your getting a great baseball stadium too.

texas st has plans for a new baseball and softball stadiums but the funding is coming in really slow.:bang:

Ya'll keep at it man. :thumbsup:

It has taken forever for JSU to get this far on building these facilities.
The football stadium has alway's been the catch22 around here with them putting all that money into Memorial.

We still got a way's to go, but now with the City, County, and now the State getting behind this, the real planning can start.

BTW: That baseball stadium is going to cause year round tailgating down here. Gonna pick out my spot on opening day for the next 20 or 30 years. xlolx

jstate83
November 29th, 2006, 08:18 AM
He does not know anything about North Dakota, football or any other topic. He has already been kicked off NDSU's board.

Great facility that will not only be the invy of the SWAC, but all of CS. Good luck and keep us updated.

I figured as much. xlolx

I'm waiting on the final drawing for TIGERLAND.
This is what has been needed to tie West Jackson directly into Downtown and the Farrish Street Entertainment District.
When all these projects comming out of Jackson State and the City of Jackson is complete, it will be like dropping a stadium 1 block away from Beale St.

Hopefully I can get some updated photo's of the baseball stadium.

JSU/City Officials Start's the Lobbying for Stadium. :thumbsup: (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061129/news/611290360/1001/NEWS)
JSU officials lobbying for stadium on campus

By Andy Kanengiser
[email protected]

DID YOU KNOW?

Jackson State University is the only school in the Southwestern Athletic Conference without its own football stadium on campus.

(........and the State of Mississippi)

Jackson State University leaders say they are pushing for a preliminary proposal to construct a new football stadium on campus and hope to get the Legislature's OK in January

jstate83
November 29th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Looking good J-State! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to visit the new stadium one day soon.

Man..................Can you imagine SWAC teams comming directly to Campus for a game?:eek:

Gameday at Memorial is off the hook...............................But this would be STUPID. xlolx

TexasTerror
November 29th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Jackson State University is the only school in the Southwestern Athletic Conference without its own football stadium on campus.

That doesn't mean too much. I'm not going to name certain facilities...:nonono2:

3rd Coast Tiger
November 29th, 2006, 10:36 AM
That doesn't mean too much. I'm not going to name certain facilities...:nonono2:

Right on que! It's none other than TexasTerror. :thumbsup:

For a topic about Jackson State and it's on campus stadium, here comes TexasTerror to save the day about another SWAC school(s) and it's facilities. Can you give that **** a rest for one thread and either congratulate Jackson State on it's new stadium or stay the hell off this thread with your negativity? Damn.

arranger101
November 29th, 2006, 11:01 AM
You right....................You will get them all.xcoffeex
After all...............You know how thing's work here.:eyebrow:

Fool's ask a question then act a fool when the answer comes.....................**fart**xidiotx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

slostang
November 29th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Just curious, but is there any other tenants at Memorial Stadium? It looks to be a nice facility and it would be a shame to see it not used.

HIU 93
November 29th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Just curious, but is there any other tenants at Memorial Stadium? It looks to be a nice facility and it would be a shame to see it not used.

I know it is used for other events, but I'm not exactly sure if there are other annually scheduled events such as the JSU football schedule.

jstate83
November 29th, 2006, 02:00 PM

The only other time's Memorial is used is when the State Highschool Championships are played.
That's this weekend starting Friday...............5 games.

Millsaps and Miss College, D3, play their first game there in the "Backyard Brawl" to give their fans that Big Stadium feel.
That usually happens when we are playing in the SHC in Memphis.

They will have a concert or 2 during the summer.
Other than that........................People use it to run stairs.

Bout 5 years ago, they tried to lure Ole Ms back for a game and make it a double header with us.
Only problem was they wanted to give Ole Ms FIRST RIGHTS to everything that weekend on OUR FIELD.xidiotx
You can imagine how that worked out.................It didn't.xlolx
No way they come in our place and play on Saturday and we get pushed to Sunday.:nono:

Needless to say.............That double header was never pulled off and the Rebels and Bulldogs have stayed North of Jacktown since.
Before then, it had been about 25 years since they had even thought about comming to Jackson to play.

Grizfanatic
November 29th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Great looking stadium!!:thumbsup:

Whats the projected seating? (might have missed it if ya posted it)
When is the estimated or projected date it would open?

I personally dont give a damned what confrence you guys are in... hell it could be the BSC, SoCon or what have ya, in any confrence that is a hella nice stadium!:nod: :nod:

jstate83
November 29th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Great looking stadium!!:thumbsup:

Whats the projected seating? (might have missed it if ya posted it)
When is the estimated or projected date it would open?

I personally dont give a damned what confrence you guys are in... hell it could be the BSC, SoCon or what have ya, in any confrence that is a hella nice stadium!:nod: :nod:

Projected date to start this in note set.........................But I don't see this happening for at least 5 years.

First, JSU will have to do the same thing we did for the main campus expansion which will require buying out the neighborhoods that this will cover. It took us bout 4 years to aquire the money and actually do the buyout's for the main campus expansion.

The State will get their hands on it first in January.
They are under pressure also from University Medical Center.
They want the land Memorial is on, which for the State could mean hundreds of millions in tax dollars if the Med Center can aquire that land.

The seating capacity.
The numbers they will work with are from 38,000 to 45,000 permanant seating.
In the end, my guess will probably put it at around 42,000.
That's bout the right size. :nod:

When the need comes....................Portable seating for 10,000 can be rented and dropped behind the open endzone when Southern, Homecomming, Valley, and Alcorn come to town. :thumbsup:

MplsBison
November 29th, 2006, 05:34 PM

And I thought all those Whites, Latino's, Africans, etc.

Hmm...I always thought that Africans were black.

Griz Grunt
November 29th, 2006, 05:54 PM
That's an awsome facility! The best to Jackson St. folks in making it a done deal! http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

TexasTerror
November 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Right on que! It's none other than TexasTerror. :thumbsup:

For a topic about Jackson State and it's on campus stadium, here comes TexasTerror to save the day about another SWAC school(s) and it's facilities. Can you give that **** a rest for one thread and either congratulate Jackson State on it's new stadium or stay the hell off this thread with your negativity? Damn.

a) I posted the thread because I thought it was awesome

b) I stated, "That sure is a beautiful stadium!" in this very thread

c) Also stated, "Wish Jackson St and Comegy got their wish of playing in the playoffs, because that would definitely be a crown jewel to play some I-AA playoff games in!"

Seems that your reading into what you want to...

Johnny5
November 29th, 2006, 06:34 PM

I think there should be 1 giant light floating above the stadium....my opinion only:rotateh:

jstate83
November 29th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Hmm...I always thought that Africans were black.

Sorry people but I got a fart sniffer to deal with.
If you did graduate from North Dakota, then that place needs to be investigated for giving away degrees.

You bout a dumb arse MoFo.
What day did every person living on the CONTINENT of AFRICA turn black.
Guess all those White SOUTH AFRICANS are really Brazilian's.
Your dumb arse do know where South Africa is...........Nelson Mandella and all.

I hate troll's, but most are entertaining.
You just a dumb arse white annoyance...............AND THAT STATEMENT IS FOR MPLSBISON ...............DAVID DUKES DEVIL'S SPAWN.

You trying to prove how smart and funny you are, yet with every post, you prove how dumb and racist your are.

Somebody please come get this retarded idiot or at least show him the way back to his mothers basement.
I'm sure that old Farrah Fawcett poster got 20 years of stains all over it by now.
Go finish jacking off dick breath...................that's all your good for.
Licking dirt off his car bumper has affected what little brain power you had in a negative way.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 29th, 2006, 09:29 PM
a) I posted the thread because I thought it was awesome

b) I stated, "That sure is a beautiful stadium!" in this very thread

c) Also stated, "Wish Jackson St and Comegy got their wish of playing in the playoffs, because that would definitely be a crown jewel to play some I-AA playoff games in!"

Seems that your reading into what you want to...

This is what I was referring to...

And your response was...

That doesn't mean too much. I'm not going to name certain facilities...

LeopardFan04
November 29th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Looks pretty cool...I really like the entryway/plaza area...you come up those step with a view of the field...cool...good luck...

Zoo
November 29th, 2006, 10:06 PM
:eek: :bow:

http://www.facilityplanners.com/portfolio/jackson_state_u/stadium05/stadium.jpg

That looks so wonderful! This new stadium will rival Washington-Griz as the best in the CS! :D

SpreadtheRed
November 29th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I really like the new stadium, really cool design.
What is your average attendance now? Are you guys raking in 42,000 a game (and you mentioned there is additional seating for 10,000!!!) to fill this bad boy?
Man, ISU is getting our new stadium too, but this thing puts that to shame too.

jstate83
November 30th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I really like the new stadium, really cool design.
What is your average attendance now? Are you guys raking in 42,000 a game
(and you mentioned there is additional seating for 10,000!!!) to fill this bad boy?
Man, ISU is getting our new stadium too, but this thing puts that to shame too.

That additional seating I'm talking about would be temporary on a game by game basis.
You can rent stadium bleechers for events.

For games like SU, Valley, Alcorn, and Homecomming, the crowd can easily exceed 40,000.
Especially now since Comegy arrived.
He will pack them in like W.C Gorden, Carson, and Hughes.

But ........................ People are jumping on this bandwagon.
There are a lot of Power Brokers on this one from all sides.
This thing is feeding itself.
The states largest newspaper is jumping on it now.

Study makes compelling case for JSU's own football stadium

By Eric Stringfellow
[email protected]

The Tel Com Center and the Metro Parkway are already on line while construction of the convention center and the King Edward project is close.
Development on downtown Jackson's western edge, for too long just lip service, is becoming reality and could get a surprise boost.

A major link between downtown and Jackson State University should be a new football stadium,
which would attract traffic and be an economic development driver for the university and community,
according to a firm the university hired to prepare a case statement for the stadium.

The facility would be equipped with 15 suites as well as standard amenities like a press box, locker rooms and office space.
The stadium, expected to cost about $80 million, would seat 35,000 to 40,000 people.

Such a facility would be great for the city and the university, although some JSU supporters will frown at its proposed capacity.
These concerns, however, are more emotional than logical.

Compelling Case for JSU Stadium. :thumbsup: (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061130/COL0601/611300387/1189/NEWS)