PDA

View Full Version : Mooshagian and Lewis out of Big Sky head coaching jobs

Jackluv
November 27th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Larry Lewis was fired after a dismall 2-9 season and 1-7 in conference play. I thought ISU was going to have a great season this year with Guttierez there and the talent they have around them. And just released yesterday, Sac St. says they have let coach Mooshagian go and are searching for a good replacement. Sac played pretty well this year even at 4-7 compared to the last couple years. I'd like to see who each team gets and how they can do. All of the BSC teams have plenty of talent around them. :rotateh:

BelgradeBobcat
November 27th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Accoriding to a Bozeman sports talk show-former NAU head coach and current montana quarterback coach Steve Axman is a possibility at ISU. Also Carroll College's Mike Van Diest was discussed. I think Van Diest would be a long shot at best-I think he's waiting for the griz job if Hauck decides to move up the ladder.

I thought Sac State was starting to turn the corner a bit this season. Back to square one again for them.

Mr. C
November 28th, 2006, 12:55 AM
I'm really bummed out about the Sacramento State news. Steve Mooshagian was playing at my alma mater, Fresno State, at the same time I was there (and covering that beat). He was quite a wide receiver. I thought he had made steady progress with the Hornets. The AD up there was making statements that suggested he was happy with the job Steve was doing and the administration had said they were committed to giving him time to build the program. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB move by their AD and the others involved. Like Belgrade Bobcat said: Back to square one.

GRZZ
November 28th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Yes, the news confirmed Axeman is a possibly a finalist. As for Sac St, I think that was a mistake even though I can't stand Mooshagian. I remember his first game against the Griz, said the Griz were running up the score and he would remember because he was going to be there for a while. I do think he had the program going in a better direction than it was when he got there. His son was kind of a punk on the field. Then again, I don't think I am necesarily supposed to like our conference opponents coach so maybe they were really on the right track?

touchdown
November 28th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I agree it was a Dumb mistake at sac state, maybe they are just going to drop the program this time! FYI: Moose's kid is not a punk at all! So that was out of line as far as i am concerned!

DuckDuckGriz
November 28th, 2006, 01:35 AM
I hope they don't take Van Diest from Carroll. Same him for UM after Bobby leaves. :nod:

Stang Fever
November 28th, 2006, 01:47 AM
I want to see the USD coach get one of these jobs. time to leave USD and go to a school that will at least put some money into football. if that coach turns one of those programs around he can go get his Div I bs coaching job

GRZZ
November 28th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I agree it was a Dumb mistake at sac state, maybe they are just going to drop the program this time! FYI: Moose's kid is not a punk at all! So that was out of line as far as i am concerned!

He took a cheap shot at one of our players this year and got kicked out of the game. That was a fact, it happened. Maybe he isn't a punk, but I don't like him because he was out of line the whole game and then took the cheap shot and got ejected. I don't think what I said was that out of line.

Green Cookie Monster
November 28th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I'm really bummed out about the Sacramento State news. Steve Mooshagian was playing at my alma mater, Fresno State, at the same time I was there (and covering that beat). He was quite a wide receiver. I thought he had made steady progress with the Hornets. The AD up there was making statements that suggested he was happy with the job Steve was doing and the administration had said they were committed to giving him time to build the program. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB move by their AD and the others involved. Like Belgrade Bobcat said: Back to square one.

Just because your buddies with him doesn't explain the fact he has never beaten Davis, has a horrible overall record and makes airhead comments that he didn't know he had to win games to remain employed at Sac State. The school is tired of mediocrity and this is a signal that more will be expected from future coaches. The $11M fieldhouse and planned growth requires success.

Moose blew the Davis game this year and had many games he should have won, he attributed these losses to miscommunication with his OC and other reasons. If he can't communicate effectively with his right arm then how do you expect him to communicate to his players, the community, the school?

If Sac is back at square one, then Moose didn't move the program much in four years, hence his unemployment.

for the other poster: Why do you think ISU should drop their program?

Green Cookie Monster
November 28th, 2006, 08:57 AM

As far as you are concerned? I don't think your concern has much credibility making statements like the program will be dropped.

GrizFoo
November 28th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Good job getting rid of Moosh. I didn't hear anything good about him from a few people I know close to the FB squad. It will be interesting to see who is interested in the job and who gets it.

Ronbo
November 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
There is already rumors that our staff is going to be raided.:rolleyes:

touchdown
November 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM
First off for grzz i was at the game, montana cb took a cheap shot at mooses kid in the 3rd quarter, way behind the play, the head of the officials did apologize to moose and said he should have been ejected for the shot, which may have led to the other incident. It is well known knowledge at least out west! Lets let this end here!

OrneryAggie
November 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I thought Sac State was starting to turn the corner a bit this season. Back to square one again for them.

True. But they're heading back to square one from square zero. This is a step forward for the program. Moosh was a joke of a coach. I'm so happy about this move I might even start calling Sac St by their real name.

Green Cookie Monster
November 28th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I'm so happy about this move I might even start calling Sac St by their real name.

Which is, we own Davis in basketball. :thumbsup:

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Is Wanless still the AD at Sac?

Perhaps he might try to lure UND's coach (Dale Lennon) to SSU.

GRZZ
November 28th, 2006, 02:33 PM
First off for grzz i was at the game, montana cb took a cheap shot at mooses kid in the 3rd quarter, way behind the play, the head of the officials did apologize to moose and said he should have been ejected for the shot, which may have led to the other incident. It is well known knowledge at least out west! Lets let this end here!

It can end here, but no one I have talked to has heard anything about what you are talking about so I am not sure how well known it is "out west." And Big Sky officials don't apologize for their mistakes because they don't have enough time in the day. It doesn't change the fact that he didn't carry himself with class during that game at all. You have your opinion, I have mine.

Green Cookie Monster
November 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Is Wanless still the AD at Sac?

Perhaps he might try to lure UND's coach (Dale Lennon) to SSU.

Why, UND is going I-AA. Plus, he already declined the offer four years ago. No thanks.

The new $11M fieldhouse will help draw more names than before, so we don't need to go looking in Nodak. Plus, who knows how long Wanless will be around.

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 03:29 PM
i thought i heard somewhere that the reason he lost his job is pretty much the Davis game, and that if he had won he would still be coaching.

Green Cookie Monster
November 28th, 2006, 03:41 PM
i thought i heard somewhere that the reason he lost his job is pretty much the Davis game, and that if he had won he would still be coaching.

You are probably correct. We dominated davis only to let it slip away at the end due to mismanagement. 0-4 against your biggest rival doesn't sit well with the boosters.

The boosters decided this not Wanless.

ucdtim17
November 28th, 2006, 03:48 PM
"Dominated" is a little bit strong - you were up by one score before throwing the interception and going into the half tied at 13-13. Let's not get carried away

MplsBison
November 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I love rivalries.

Jackluv
November 28th, 2006, 07:34 PM
id like to see Axeman go to ISU....he is a good coach and they have so much talent there that i can see them being really good in a couple years.
As for Sac St....i never liked Mooshagian and thought he made too many dumb remarks when it comes to BSC football haha. But i believe it came down to the Davis game. He won some BSC games this season yes, BUT Davis IS the rival and i know Sac's boosters and AD looked at the 4-5 Davis game as easily a winnable game (AD was trying to look past them but Davis is legit). Hope to see them do well next year

Sawtooth
November 28th, 2006, 10:59 PM
How is Axman's public persona? I've heard he's rather abrasive, and ISU really needs not only a good coach, but a "salesman" to the community as well.

Of course, we're all hoping that Dirk Koetter will come home to his alma mater and save the day...! :rolleyes:

Mr. C
November 29th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Pretty dumb reason to fire, or retain a coach.

Russ B
November 29th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Sac Bee columnist is suggesting that Sac State rehire Volek. Thoughts?

Green Cookie Monster
November 29th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Sac Bee columnist is suggesting that Sac State rehire Volek. Thoughts?

she's high. and very ugly to boot.

she (it) suggested re-hiring Volek as AD and Tisdel as his HC. not that Volek would be re-hired as HC.

Russ B
November 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Ah, sorry, misread that.

I take it you don't like the idea... ;)

melloAggiesousa
November 29th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'd like to quote Volek, but the last time I did that I was asked to apologize to Sac State.

I didn't.

touchdown
November 29th, 2006, 11:41 PM
The AD at Sac is the village idiot, my good friend at Sac got calls today from PSU,NAU and Montana saying that that was the stupidest move in the last 10 years of the BSC letting Mooshagian go! I agree and they let the wrong guy go! Wanless is the issue, so if Volek becomes the ad im okay by that but Tis as the HC no way, his only winning team was when mooshagian was his OC and they led the nation, go figure all this BS out and let me know what you think is correct! Moose should have been allowed to finish and wanless is an idiot, nothing anyone can say will change that, ask any assistant at sac after moose left he met with them and said well i guess the FB prograsm was in better hands then i thought! This is pathetic and just because sac dosent care about there fb program dosent give this ND reject the ability to ruin a program that was making progress.

touchdown
November 29th, 2006, 11:51 PM
what boosters, ask wanless and we dont have any! This is pathetic at best!
They just made a change to change because the athletic administration dosent do there job ask anyone who has worked in the ath dept, 7 hires in the last year only 1 is still there, that is where the problem lies, i know because i work in that department!
I can name them all, we were lucky to have a FB coach that cared! who in there right mind would take this job! Be serious! a d-1 assistant will make more and have less headaches!
Most of you are posers, i have to live it everyday while you guys go to your normal jobs with normal lives and get to peck the keys on this forum.
this is an issue i have a problem with, we have some coaches that do more then most would ever dream of but get ridiculed when then dont win enough games or lose to rivals, problem is most of you dont have enough ba*** to be a coach it is easier to peck then work your butt off even when you know that you have no support at all!
Just think about that before you critique someone you have never met!

Green Cookie Monster
November 30th, 2006, 08:51 AM
what boosters, ask wanless and we dont have any! This is pathetic at best!
They just made a change to change because the athletic administration dosent do there job ask anyone who has worked in the ath dept, 7 hires in the last year only 1 is still there, that is where the problem lies, i know because i work in that department!
I can name them all, we were lucky to have a FB coach that cared! who in there right mind would take this job! Be serious! a d-1 assistant will make more and have less headaches!
Most of you are posers, i have to live it everyday while you guys go to your normal jobs with normal lives and get to peck the keys on this forum.
this is an issue i have a problem with, we have some coaches that do more then most would ever dream of but get ridiculed when then dont win enough games or lose to rivals, problem is most of you dont have enough ba*** to be a coach it is easier to peck then work your butt off even when you know that you have no support at all!
Just think about that before you critique someone you have never met!

Why do people who try to make a defensible statement always spout off 'just ask' so and so? That is no defense. It is ironic that your screen name is something your boy was unable to do, score.

You must be the coaches kid, moose jr. Maybe they will decide to not renew your contract/scholly either. You are obviously un-appreciative of the bone they threw you.

If you don't like your job 'touchdown' then leave. Why don't you factually name all the people who have left?

Don't you think coaches are hired to win games and beat their rivals? What do you think coaches are supposed to do? This clown definately didn't draw fans to the stadium, or win games with a 11-33 overall record.

"this is an issue i have a problem with, we have some coaches that do more then most would ever dream of but get ridiculed when then dont win enough games or lose to rivals",

If you are trying to refer to moose, what actually did he do?

Who cares, this guy is now a footnote. :thumbsup:

STACCATS
November 30th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Great discussion, but I want to get back to the argument about Mooshagian's kid getting ejected at the Griz game.

I have a friend who is a BSC ref, and he said the ref completely missed the call when the Griz db cheap shotted Moose jr. Jr was only retaliating for the cheap shot he received, and that Moose jr is actually a pretty good kid.

BSC refs have told me that the two cheapest teams in the league this year were PSU and the Griz.

touchdown
November 30th, 2006, 11:32 AM
sorry just a colleague, want facts just ask any in the department you have got to know one of them!
I got an idea who you are too and i am closer to who you are then you are with me, are you trying to get your son a coaching job at sac!
wasnt he there before?
Go figure, what a hippocrate!

I do agree with the last post staccat, thanks for clarifing what we had heard was true!

ucdtim17
November 30th, 2006, 11:52 AM
What the hell's a hippocrate? I assume it's some sort of container with which to transport hippos?

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/kids/creature_feature/0009/images/hippo.jpg

Green Cookie Monster
November 30th, 2006, 01:30 PM
What the hell's a hippocrate? I assume it's some sort of container with which to transport hippos?

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/kids/creature_feature/0009/images/hippo.jpg

haha, :smiley_wi good one Aggie

"I got an idea who you are too and i am closer to who you are then you are with me"

huh? speak English

You don't have a clue as to who I am. I am Batman.