PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS GOING TO WIN THE BUCK AND THE PAYTON

Stang Fever
November 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Im going to go with:

BUCK:
Kyle Shotwell lb from Cal Poly making it three in arow for POLY a first ever in I-AA

PAYTON:
correction:
SANTOS QB from NEW HAMPSHIRE

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Im going to go with:

BUCK:
Kyle Shotwell lb from Cal Poly making it three in arow for POLY a first ever in I-AA

PAYTON:
BALL WR from New Hampshire

whoops ball isnt one of the three finalists. so its impossible for him to win.

November 27th, 2006, 07:38 PM
sorry to say I think our coverboy Shotwell got eliminated at the NDSU game...

th0m
November 27th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I'd like to see Akeem Jordan win the Buchanan, he is a stud. But so are a lot of other nominees that I haven't seen in action, so impossible to see how they all stack up.

Stang Fever
November 27th, 2006, 08:40 PM

I DOUBT THAT. one game versus one season

Stang Fever
November 27th, 2006, 08:46 PM
SHOTWELL IS GOING TO MAKE IT THREE AND A ROW FOR POLY A FIRST in CS.

BUT lets wait and see what happens. anybody else have some favorites.

Retro
November 27th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I know it's a homer pick, but i think Bryan Smith deserves it.. Great stats despite not a lot of help on the Defensive Line.. Broke the school record for sacks in a season and lots more tackles for losses..

:thumbsup: It would be nice for Mcneese player to finally win one of these awards...

stuperman17
November 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
If Marcus mason didn't miss 2 games i think he would have won the Payton Award. I may be a little bias though. But he did average 166 yards per game. Not including the playoff game, since JMU shut him down except near the goaline.

November 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I DOUBT THAT. one game versus one seasonThat game is in that season... do you want stats? I love Kyle but I am being realistic.

November 27th, 2006, 09:53 PM
KYLE SHOTWELL, CAL POLY, LB
--Senior, 6-1, 235, Goleta, CA
-122 TT, 21 TFL, 7 sacks
-2 FF, 1 FR, 2 PBU
-led nation in tackles for loss
-team is 7-4, 2-2 Great West

great season!

Retro
November 27th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry Ralph, but i believe this guy led in tackles for loss according to Mcneese SID.. He definitely led in sacks!

Bryan Smith

80 Tackles
22 Tackles for loss for 113 yds
12.5 Sacks for 85 yds
5 Passes broken up
19 QB Hurries
4 Fumble Recoveries
3 Forced Fumbles

Team: 7-4, 5 - 1 in SLC!

McNeese75
November 27th, 2006, 10:13 PM
SHOTWELL IS GOING TO MAKE IT THREE AND A ROW FOR POLY A FIRST in CS.

BUT lets wait and see what happens. anybody else have some favorites.

Where are you growing these guys????? CP has a very impressive string of great defensive players the last few years. :nod:

November 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Sorry Ralph, but i believe this guy led in tackles for loss...forgot to say again that was from the official Buchanan ballot.

poly51
November 27th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Where are you growing these guys????? CP has a very impressive string of great defensive players the last few years. :nod:

Ryan Shotwell, Kyle's brother was a freshman defensive end starter this year. Stats below. And there are still 2 more younger brothers at home!

g solo asst TT TFL sacks qbh
44 Ryan Shotwell 11 23 28 51 9.5-57 7.0-54 . . 10

Jackluv
November 27th, 2006, 10:28 PM
CP's defense is made for these guys to make plays....

i'd like to see that Akeem Jordan from James Madison win, hes a playmaker.
im also surprised no one is talking about Adam Hayward...he was an absolute beast on the field this year and should get picked up in the NFL this year.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 27th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I think Whitlock, RB from So. Ill, will win the Payton. Santos finished 2nd last year and will finish 2nd again this year. 3rd time (next yr as a Sr) will be the charm for him :thumbsup: -- especially with D. Ball having graduated and not splitting votes with him from UNH. Murietta had a great year at QB, but if Santos couldn't win in 2005 with 39 TD's and a National Qtrfinal appearance, neither will Murietta with a non-playoff 6-5 record.

Buchanan award could go to a number of outstanding players, including LB's Justin Durant (Hampton), Akeem Jordan (JMU), or Kyle Shotwell (CPU). Mel Kiper, Jr. has Durant ranked as the 4th best MLB in the nation this year re: NFL prospects. :hurray: He is good as UNH can attest to after last weekend. Of course, Durant sort of derailed UNH about 5 weeks ago, as well! :bang:

Daved
November 27th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I think Whitlock will get the Payton even though they seem to like to give it to QB's.If they don't give it to Whitlock-Santos will get it.JMU's Akeem Jordan impressed me ,I hope he gets the Buchanan.

GrizRchattybound
November 27th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Santos & Jordan

Stang Fever
November 27th, 2006, 11:20 PM
you heard it here first. Kyle Shotwell will win the Buck!

People might think that the defense is built for the MLB and the DE to get lots of tackles and sacs. but look at Jordan and SHotwell. they both played the same position and had totally different seasons. Beck did not have no where near the amount of sacs that Kyle had. tackles for loss are close.

If Santos doesnt win it. then I will go with the other QB.
I dont care if NAU went 6-5 so did Eastern Washington last year

November 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM
you heard it here first. Kyle Shotwell will win the Buck!... Actually that isn't first. It is about the fourth time you posted it in this thread alone.

:homer:

xlolx

BigSkyGrizGano
November 28th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Payton- Santos or Whitlock, depending on what Whitlock does against the Griz.
Buchanan- Kroy Biermann from Montana, this defense is too good not to give someone on it an award. Although rewarding one player would eliminate the team effort of this D. I don't know how many assisted tackles we have this year, but its gotta be a lot.

smallcollegefbfan
November 28th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Whitlock wins the Payton, either Jordan or Shotwell for the Buchanan. Those are my picks.

Pauly LB
November 28th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Ralph said: "sorry to say I think our coverboy Shotwell got eliminated at the NDSU game..."

In the NDSU game Kyle Shotwell was credited with 17 tackles including 10 solo tackles -- how is that getting eliminated?

My opinion: Santos and Shotwell

stuperman17
November 28th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Whitlock for Payton

Jordan for Buchanan

BillLuc1982
November 28th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Santos, just absolutely amazing

JMU_Fan_2007
November 28th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Jordan's numbers:

140 Tackles, 69 Solo 71 Assisted, 17 TFL, 5.5 Sacks, 1int 1ff

Team 9-3

Stang Fever
December 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM

GUESS NOT huh:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Tubby Raymond
December 15th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Santos & Jordan

That is who it should have been:nod: