PDA

View Full Version : Payton Award Finalists Announced: Murrieta, Whitlock and Santos!

Jackluv
November 27th, 2006, 03:53 PM
GOOO JASON!!!

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
we've already been discussing it :P

November 27th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Santos was second last year in the closest total ever but was not helped with an outstanding team performance this year...
Murrietta (like you mentioned) is not in the playoffs but the voting was done beforehand (though they were out of it at that point)...
Whitlock had a super year but an RB from SIU is not the east coast choice, since the east coast has the most voters...

I'd say Santos on name/EST value and he did start strong.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Santos was second last year in the closest total ever but was not helped with an outstanding team performance this year...
Murrietta (like you mentioned) is not in the playoffs but the voting was done beforehand (though they were out of it at that point)...
Whitlock had a super year but an RB from SIU is not the east coast choice, since the east coast has the most voters...

I'd say Santos on name/EST value and he did start strong.

So you are saying East Coast bias is a factor, ralph?
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

kardplayer
November 27th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Don't forget that Santos had almost as many rushing TD's as Whitlock on top of all the passing one's as well.

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Santos has 28 TDs in the air and 12 on the ground this season.

November 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Don't forget that Santos had almost as many rushing TD's as Whitlock on top of all the passing one's as well.
Santos has 28 TDs in the air and 12 on the ground this season.We all know the QB has the ball in his hands every down. BTW, from the award ballot:
Murrietta has 34 passing TDs and 1 rushing
Santos has 23 passing TDs and 12 rushing
Whitlock has 21 rushing TDs

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2006, 06:29 PM
According to the all knowing Reed Rothchild, Murietta's overrated. I'll go with that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2006, 07:35 PM
We all know the QB has the ball in his hands every down. BTW, from the award ballot:
Murrietta has 34 passing TDs and 1 rushing
Santos has 23 passing TDs and 12 rushing
Whitlock has 21 rushing TDs
Are we only counting the regular season? I think Whitlock is up to 25 after his effort against Martin.

November 27th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Are we only counting the regular season? I think Whitlock is up to 25 after his effort against Martin.ballots were due the Weds before the tourney began.

Retro
November 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Considering what he has to work with i'd give it to Murrietta.. He's impressive regardless of the opponent and doesn't have the WR talent that Santos has...
If he doesn't win it, at least he'll certainly be playing on sundays next year..

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I'm picking Arkee Whitlock of SIU as the Payton Award winner. Murrieta could not get NAU to the playoffs while Santos had David Ball, the record breaking WR as his go to guy. A team effort, which shows with Ball's 5th place finish...