PDA

View Full Version : Stadium re-entry

JayJ79
August 18th, 2015, 11:01 AM
I'm curious what other schools in the FCS have for a policy regarding stadium re-entry (leaving the stadium, at halftime for instance, and coming back in later).

Previously, at UNI, people could leave and come back as long as they showed their ticket or whatever (I'm not sure on the exact procedure as I never left a game).
But for this season, they have changed their policy and will no longer allow that (someone would have to have a second, unused ticket in order to get back in after leaving).

Many fans are whining about it, though I'm guessing most schools have policies that don't allow re-entry.

BisonFan02
August 18th, 2015, 11:01 AM
NO re-entry into the Fargodome.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I'm curious what other schools in the FCS have for a policy regarding stadium re-entry (leaving the stadium, at halftime for instance, and coming back in later).

Previously, at UNI, people could leave and come back as long as they showed their ticket or whatever (I'm not sure on the exact procedure as I never left a game).
But for this season, they have changed their policy and will no longer allow that (someone would have to have a second, unused ticket in order to get back in after leaving).

Many fans are whining about it, though I'm guessing most schools have policies that don't allow re-entry.

SIU and Mo State both have it, that I've seen.

NDSU doesn't. Can't even be in the parking lot when the game starts.

McNeese75
August 18th, 2015, 11:06 AM
McNeese allows you to go out at half-time (to the beer cooler in the tailgate area) and return.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be a Dakota thing. Seems SDSU has the same policy

BisonFan02
August 18th, 2015, 11:11 AM
McNeese allows you to go out at half-time (to the beer cooler in the tailgate area) and return.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be a Dakota thing. Seems SDSU has the same policy

One thing NDSU doesn't have a problem with though is filling the stadium or keeping fans inside after halftime (sans the student section at times....but that is a whole different convo). By not allowing people to hang out in the parking lot, they stay in the dome.

Daytripper
August 18th, 2015, 11:13 AM
No reentry at SHSU.

No_Skill
August 18th, 2015, 11:17 AM
One thing NDSU doesn't have a problem with though is filling the stadium or keeping fans inside after halftime (sans the student section at times....but that is a whole different convo). By not allowing people to hang out in the parking lot, they stay in the dome.

I don't think re-entry would hurt second half attendance. If the game is a blow out and someone wants to leave, they just will and won't come back. If anything it might help. I can only remember one time where I had to leave early and wished the done allowed re-entry.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2015, 11:17 AM

If there's one positive change they could make it's allowing all game tailgating. It would perhaps help those folks who cannot get in to feel part of the experience.

clenz
August 18th, 2015, 11:19 AM
The FargoDome also had adequate concourse space and restroom stalls.

McNeese75
August 18th, 2015, 11:22 AM
If there's one positive change they could make it's allowing all game tailgating. It would perhaps help those folks who cannot get in to feel part of the experience.

We have plenty of those. They sit in the tailgate and watch LSU on TV xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
August 18th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I don't think re-entry would hurt second half attendance. If the game is a blow out and someone wants to leave, they just will and won't come back. If anything it might help. I can only remember one time where I had to leave early and wished the done allowed re-entry.

What is the point of re-entry if the tailgate lot is closed.......

and I disagree with the all game tailgating. A good chunk ends up going inside and it would be a pretty light crowd during the game (unless they made the lot a whole lot bigger). We also all know too well why they won't allow "all game/all day" tailgating as well......

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2015, 11:39 AM

Man, and people are criticizing our tailgating policies over on B-Ville...

Bisonator
August 18th, 2015, 11:47 AM

It's Bisonville, it's what they do. ;)

I don't see why stadiums ban reentry. If you still have a ticket or stub you should be allowed reentry. Makes no sense unless it has something to do with getting an accurate count on attendance but we all know that's bogus anyway.

BEAR
August 18th, 2015, 11:50 AM
UCA came out with the new policies for tailgating...I hate them.

The Bruce Street Tailgate area will open 6 hours before each game... (Forget about tailgating the night before! )

At approximately 2:15 hrs. prior to each game the players and coaches make their now-traditional Bear Walk down Bruce St. Music should be silenced at this time. Music should also be turned off 30 minutes prior to the game and remain off during the entire game. (yeah...make that happen and you'll lose nearly ALL the tailgaters! )

Anything with a company/business name, promoted individual name or organization name is deemed promotion. The above items are prohibited and are enforced on site ( Unofficial clubs like The Gray Bears would be restricted from signage...talk about stupid! Telling people who have been Bear fans for decades to NOT promote their club that gives money to the athletic program. )

Bruce St. reserved tailgating spots are not to be used for any sort of commercial use. (and yet there are vendors all over Bruce Street. Even next to fans who tailgate! )

The list goes on...

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_id=12&image_path=/images/2015/4/23/brucestreet.jpg

CrazyCat
August 18th, 2015, 12:13 PM
We don't have any re-entry ban and the 2nd half kickoff attendance is poor. The only way they would change the policy is if they started allowing the sale of beer in designated areas inside the stadium . They have discussed and researched this idea, but haven't set any timeline.

Laker
August 18th, 2015, 12:19 PM
No re-entry problems at Mankato for any sport besides hockey. I have stopped to see how things are going at hockey after the basketball games are done- they keep an eye on things there so I either pick up a discarded ticket from the ground or ask people who are leaving if I can have theirs.

They are very picky at the University of Minnesota. They used to stamp your hand or give you a pass out ticket at halftime, but since I don't go as often or leave at halftime I'm not sure what their policy is now. I was at a women's basketball game against Iowa in the Pavillion years ago when they announced that the wrestling match against Iowa was tied going into the heavyweight match. I tried to get in and they wouldn't let me.

KPSUL
August 18th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Not much of an issue for UNH Regular Season games. The main tailgating section, Boulder Field, is inside perimeter.

ccd494
August 18th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Maine allows you to exit to the tailgate area and re-enter at half time.

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2015, 12:36 PM
We don't have any re-entry ban and the 2nd half kickoff attendance is poor. The only way they would change the policy is if they started allowing the sale of beer in designated areas inside the stadium . They have discussed and researched this idea, but haven't set any timeline.

If we're playing a Ft. Lewis or Northern Colorado and the game is out of reach by halftime, we certainly run into that. But if the NDSU game is close at halftime, which I suspect it will be either way, you won't see any aluminum after the first few minutes of the 3rd quarter.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2015, 12:53 PM

I think it's because they aren't written clearly. That 2 hr thing is confusing as hell.

bluehenbillk
August 18th, 2015, 12:57 PM
You haven't been able to re-enter at Delaware for a decade or two, and yes some people bitched about it when it was implemented. Only exception I know of is nursing mothers. We're not allowed to go out & get a drink at the half, but our newborn(s) are, haha.

SCPALADIN
August 18th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I usually leave during halftime to refill the flask...no issues.

Sycamore62
August 18th, 2015, 02:42 PM
ISUb has no restriction. As in, Im not sure they check to see if you paid to get in to start with after half. I would just ask that if any of you come after half, please note that with the attendance people so you can be counted.

We can get 20k on the property for homecoming but more like 7k in the game

UNIFanSince1983
August 18th, 2015, 02:55 PM

Funny thing is I think they tried this a few years ago too, and people just went out anyway. They finally just gave up on it. Wonder if it will be any different this year. A lot of people will probably still go out, and if they can't get back in will just listen on the radio in the parking lot. We will see if the policy stays in effect and if it actually changes anything.

CHIP72
August 18th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I'm unsure what the policy is at the Division I-AA/FCS stadiums where I've attended games because I don't leave the stadium until the game is over (think it varies from school to school and that most do allow re-entry), but I DO know the policy at NFL stadiums (including stadiums where college teams play, such as Temple) and MLB ballparks is no re-entry. By contrast, pretty much all minor league baseball teams allow re-entry with hand-stamps and/or ticket stubs. I've exited and reentered games many, many times at minor league ballparks (usually to put a giveaway item in my car, get seat cushions if I forgot them initially, or depending on the stadium to wait out a rain delay).

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Funny thing is I think they tried this a few years ago too, and people just went out anyway. They finally just gave up on it. Wonder if it will be any different this year. A lot of people will probably still go out, and if they can't get back in will just listen on the radio in the parking lot. We will see if the policy stays in effect and if it actually changes anything.

At Mo State, they scanned you out and then back in. Seemed pretty easy.

UNIFanSince1983
August 18th, 2015, 03:58 PM
At Mo State, they scanned you out and then back in. Seemed pretty easy.

At UNI they didn't even check when coming back in. If you came to the game after halftime you got in free.

And now that I think about it what they tried before was marking people's hands when they went out. They didn't try no re-entry altogether like they are this time. So I guess we will see what happens. Might just have to sneak drinks in now...

Tribe4SF
August 18th, 2015, 04:24 PM
W&M allows reentry. They stamp your hand.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 18th, 2015, 06:01 PM
I think it's pure bull**** that schools say no re-entry. I think there would be big problems if they tried that at Montana.

It's the typical process of making over reaching rules that affect all to sort out a few small problems. Everybody pays for a tiny problem.

Big Dawg
August 18th, 2015, 06:11 PM
At approximately 2:15 hrs. prior to each game the players and coaches make their now-traditional Bear Walk down Bruce St. Music should be silenced at this time. Music should also be turned off 30 minutes prior to the game and remain off during the entire game. (yeah...make that happen and you'll lose nearly ALL the tailgaters! )

What kinda crap is this?

Big Dawg
August 18th, 2015, 06:17 PM
There's technically no re-entry at Bragg Stadium, but I've had friends who walked out the stadium, went to their apartments, and then made it back inside the stadium somehow.

To encourage tailgaters to come into the stadium instead of watching the game from the hill outside the stadium behind the North End Zone, FAMU erects a big screen during game day to block their view as you can see in the corner of this pic(there's less space on that hill now that a new dorm has been erected there)

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1968/dsc03681o.jpg

FUBeAR
August 18th, 2015, 06:21 PM
I usually leave during halftime to refill the flask...no issues.

Yepper - Leaving @ halftime and returning at the start of the 4th quarter (maybe) is a long-time Paladin Stadium tradition. Used to not go back in if the 'Dins were clearly going to win and that was quite often. That's not any kind of 'slur' against FU either...I LOVED those games and those Pre- & Mid-game Tailgates!

Mercer - No re-entry xthumbsdownx

RootinFerDukes
August 18th, 2015, 08:14 PM
No re-entry allowed at JMU games for less than a decade now. It used to be allowed in recent past.
Rumor is that they wanted to address the issue of some drunk fans and decided to make it hard for them to go tailgate at the half.

Milkman
August 18th, 2015, 08:39 PM
I found out about NDSU'S policy the hard way. Well not too hard. Old college roommate visits for homecoming. While at the game he finds out he needs to move his vehicle parked at my place(bitchy neighbors, long story) he leaves and 45 min later I find out he isn't allowed back in. So we watched the 4th quarter at a sports bar. Vary rare situation and only time the topic came up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Cats
August 18th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Western Carolina -

"Stadium Re-Admittance:
There is no re-admittance policy at E.J. Whitmire Stadium. Once you enter the stadium, you mush purchase another ticket to re-enter."

JALMOND
August 18th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I don't think we have re-entry at PSU games. Beer, booze and munchies in the stadium, why go outside?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2015, 12:20 AM
I don't think we have re-entry at PSU games. Beer, booze and munchies in the stadium, why go outside?

Yeah PSU may have a policy you'd never care cuz the tailgate is inside from the get go. Like that setup.

JayJ79
August 19th, 2015, 02:46 AM
I don't see why stadiums ban reentry. If you still have a ticket or stub you should be allowed reentry. Makes no sense unless it has something to do with getting an accurate count on attendance but we all know that's bogus anyway.

it shouldn't affect attendance counting, as that should be done when the ticket is initially scanned (or the stub detached), which wouldn't apply to re-entry.

Hammerhead
August 19th, 2015, 07:55 AM
It cuts down on fraud because you could give your ticket to a friend who goes outside and lets someone else in with your ticket.

It's Bisonville, it's what they do. ;)

Grizalltheway
August 19th, 2015, 09:08 AM
It cuts down on fraud because you could give your ticket to a friend who goes outside and lets someone else in with your ticket.

At Wa-Griz you have your ticket scanned when you enter before the game, and in theory, you need your ticket and a hand stamp when you come back in after halftime.

kalm
August 19th, 2015, 10:46 AM
No re-entry is dumb. Bunch of nanny state do-gooders.

Bam
August 19th, 2015, 11:07 AM
EKU allows you to exit to the tailgate area and re-enter at half time.

tomq04
August 19th, 2015, 11:28 AM

People go to PSU games?!?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2015, 01:16 PM
People go to PSU games?!?

Visitors...

underdawg
August 19th, 2015, 01:25 PM
SIU is just worried about getting fans in the first time, not whether they want to drink a beer at halftime

eiu1999
August 19th, 2015, 01:31 PM
EIU is come and go.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2015, 01:33 PM
SIU is just worried about getting fans in the first time, not whether they want to drink a beer at halftime

Probably has a bit to do with getting people in the 1st time. I'd be less likely to buy the tickets if UM started f'n with the fun of the game day like that. Saturdays are about the game, in part, but they are about the social event and so forth also. Schools that don't get that deserve it if they drive people away with those kinds of **** rules.

It was the only thing at NDSU that I was pretty disappointed in. Their success keeps people going anyway so it doesn't probably matter to them.

McNeese75
August 19th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Visitors...

Yep, It is a pretty cool place to visit with the adult beverages inside.

Catamount87
August 19th, 2015, 03:47 PM
WCU has a no re-entry policy without a NEW ticket. However, I can say that there have been a couple of times over the years I was able to leave and return without issue. BUT, I have seen them turn away a lot of people who've wanted to re-enter.

Given that we don't have great 2nd half attendance by students, one would think the powers that be would revisit the "no re-entry" policy.

Southern Bison
August 19th, 2015, 05:54 PM
WCU has a no re-entry policy without a NEW ticket. However, I can say that there have been a couple of times over the years I was able to leave and return without issue. BUT, I have seen them turn away a lot of people who've wanted to re-enter.

Given that we don't have great 2nd half attendance by students, one would think the powers that be would revisit the "no re-entry" policy.

I had no problem going out and getting back in last year during the Chatty game...just wouldn't let me bring my Bison flag into the stadium! xchinscratchx

Nickels
August 19th, 2015, 06:39 PM
SHSU Bowers Stadium - No reentry...enforced inconsistently

I typically buy an extra season ticket just so I can go drink during halftime. I also dislike band parents. Most of them wont cheer the entire game yet expect everybody to stand up and cheer for their 400lb piccolo playing heifers. I can't stomach that ****. Out to the parking lot I go...

centennial
August 19th, 2015, 06:42 PM

I typically buy an extra season ticket just so I can go drink during halftime. I also dislike band parents. Most of them wont cheer the entire game yet expect everybody to stand up and cheer for their 400lb piccolo playing heifers. I can't stomach that ****. Out to the parking lot I go...
LMAO

BisonFan02
August 19th, 2015, 06:46 PM

POTY.......... xlolx

WileECoyote06
August 20th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Why would anybody leave at half-time? That's when the bands are performing! xeyebrowx xlolx

We have a no re-entry policy here. But if you come in from the tailgaters lot, they rarely check your bags anyway.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Why would anybody leave at half-time? That's when the bands are performing! xeyebrowx xlolx

We have a no re-entry policy here. But if you come in from the tailgaters lot, they rarely check your bags anyway.

More like..."Why would anyone stay after half-time? The bands have already performed! :D" xlolx

HailSzczur
August 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM

Precisely why I'd like to leave at halftime if I could