PDA

View Full Version : CS Playoffs Round 2: TV GAMES !

Retro
November 26th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Here's this weeks live tv games.... Also, on tuesday morning at 3am EST, 2am CST, there will be a replay of one of the 1st round games on ESPNU.

New Hampshire at Umass, ESPN Gameplan, 2:30pm

Southern Illinois at Montana, ESPN Gameplan, 2:30pm

Montana State at Appalachian State, ESPN2, 4pm

Youngstown State at Illinois State, ESPN Gameplan, 6pm

The Montana State/App State game will be replayed at 11pm on ESPNU.

Some of these games will likely become available on other regional or national outlets too...

November 26th, 2006, 08:51 PM
didn't mean to steal your thunder when I posted:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17165

Thanks for the additional info.

FlyYtown
November 26th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Let's cross our fingers the YSU game is not on locally until a tape delay. The lazy YSU fans who stayed home will have to come out and support their team with no tv!!!

Retro
November 26th, 2006, 10:49 PM
didn't mean to steal your thunder when I posted:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17165

Thanks for the additional info.

I didn't even see it.. I guess i didn't expect anyone else to post it..

November 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I didn't even see it.. I guess i didn't expect anyone else to post it..Well members were speculating when I got that NCAA release, so I posted it. :)

Pard4Life
November 27th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Here's this weeks live tv games.... Also, on tuesday morning at 3am EST, 2am CST, there will be a replay of one of the 1st round games on ESPNU.

New Hampshire at Umass, ESPN Gameplan, 2:30pm

Southern Illinois at Montana, ESPN Gameplan, 2:30pm

Montana State at Appalachian State, ESPN2, 4pm

Youngstown State at Illinois State, ESPN Gameplan, 6pm

The Montana State/App State game will be replayed at 11pm on ESPNU.

Some of these games will likely become available on other regional or national outlets too...

I will bet the UMass game is on CN8.

Indeed... just checked... a "I-AA" playoff game is slotted for 2:30... no teams, but obviously UMass...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry, why is the worst game, Montana State/Appalachian State, the ESPN2 game? UMass/UNH or Ill St/Youngstown St are far and away the best games IMO.

I could see why ESPN2 may not want to cover games from Youngstown two straight weeks just to mix it up, but why not UMass/UNH? Storylines about in the game - David Ball, Ricky Santos, a rematch from a close 28-20 game during the season, etc. Furthermore, UNH fans will likely make the game a sellout, whereas a lot of MSU fans won't make the trip.

Also, not to look ahead or anything, but if things go to form App State will be playing the Ill St/Youngstown winner next week in Boone anyway, whereas UMass would be going to Missoula anyway. This would be their last chance to show a sold-out venue not in Boone or Missoula.

BillLuc1982
November 27th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Let's cross our fingers the YSU game is not on locally until a tape delay. The lazy YSU fans who stayed home will have to come out and support their team with no tv!!!

I think the local TV stations only do that with road games or sellouts.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2006, 08:47 AM

Indeed... just checked... a "I-AA" playoff game is slotted for 2:30... no teams, but obviously UMass...

I hope so P4L, but wouldn't that mean CN8 has to pay ESPN Gameplan or some such thing?

BillLuc1982
November 27th, 2006, 08:52 AM
And the YSU game is at YSU, not Illinois State.

If I were ESPN2, I would cover SIU at Montana, the best matchup imo.

Saluki Fan in FL
November 27th, 2006, 09:06 AM

When I looked the other day it just said 2:30 I-AA Quarterfinal game. It didn't specify which game. There are two games scheduled at 2:30... the SIU/Montana game and the New Hampshire/UMass game.

Which one is it?

UMass922
November 27th, 2006, 09:53 AM
When I looked the other day it just said 2:30 I-AA Quarterfinal game. It didn't specify which game. There are two games scheduled at 2:30... the SIU/Montana game and the New Hampshire/UMass game.

Which one is it?

CN8 is an Atlantic region network, so I would have to imagine it's the UMass-UNH game they'll be showing.

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2006, 10:25 AM
the ESPN GamePlan games are listed as ESPN GamePlan/Syndication. I would assume since CN8 is a channel run by the cable network they may have a special deal to carry some ESPN syndicated programs during the year or a discounted purchase price. Same deal with a ABC affiliate like WMUR in Manchester, NH they prolly get to broadcast for a significant discount because ABC and ESPN are owned by the same parent company.

putter
November 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry, why is the worst game, Montana State/Appalachian State, the ESPN2 game? UMass/UNH or Ill St/Youngstown St are far and away the best games IMO.

I could see why ESPN2 may not want to cover games from Youngstown two straight weeks just to mix it up, but why not UMass/UNH? Storylines about in the game - David Ball, Ricky Santos, a rematch from a close 28-20 game during the season, etc. Furthermore, UNH fans will likely make the game a sellout, whereas a lot of MSU fans won't make the trip.

Also, not to look ahead or anything, but if things go to form App State will be playing the Ill St/Youngstown winner next week in Boone anyway, whereas UMass would be going to Missoula anyway. This would be their last chance to show a sold-out venue not in Boone or Missoula.

Maybe on paper, but I think that game is going to be a good one! :thumbsup:

WUTNDITWAA
November 27th, 2006, 10:35 AM

I hope you're right that the ASU/MSU game turns out to be the worst one for the rest of the country...and the best for the folks in the Southeast.

Saluki Fan in FL
November 27th, 2006, 10:39 AM
CN8 is an Atlantic region network, so I would have to imagine it's the UMass-UNH game they'll be showing.

:(

Montana... you guys gonna be streaming it? If so... Link? Free?

OxSoxUNH05
November 27th, 2006, 11:50 AM
xlolx I hope to god that WMUR or CN8 is going to broadcast the ESPN feed. I need to see this game, but my nephew is turning one this weekend. Missed the UNH-UNI game because i was the hospital waiting for his birth, now I'm going to his birthday. Damn, this kid better play like crazy for UNH when he gets to school xlolx

tanagriz
November 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Altitude Sports Network is picking up the Montana/SIU game. I can get them on DirecTV in Chicagoland, so I'm sure the SIU and anyone else who wants to see that game and not pay ESPN gameplan the money can do so as well. You have to have the sports pack to get Altitude.

BillLuc1982
November 27th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I hear they're moving the student section at YSU to Sections 14 and 15 since the mic is in 16 (by the 50 yard line). I guess the mic picked up many obscenities.

DaGriz
November 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Altitude Sports Network is picking up the Montana/SIU game. I can get them on DirecTV in Chicagoland, so I'm sure the SIU and anyone else who wants to see that game and not pay ESPN gameplan the money can do so as well. You have to have the sports pack to get Altitude.

And the sports pack for DirecTV and Dish (I think) is cheap. DirecTV you can get that package for one month if you want and I want to say it's only around $5. Just cancel it after the game. Cheaper than gameplan and live.

GOKATS
November 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM
And the sports pack for DirecTV and Dish (I think) is cheap. DirecTV you can get that package for one month if you want and I want to say it's only around $5. Just cancel it after the game. Cheaper than gameplan and live.

DirecTV in Montana is thru 3 Rivers Telecomm- the Sports Pack is $12/ mo. with a minimum 30 day commitment (even if you cancel the next day you're going to pay $12.00).

gRiZfBaLL04
November 27th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I know that the SIU/MT game is going to be on ESPN gameplan but is KPAX in missoula gonna take it on too? or are they not allowed to do that since its ESPN? I hope they do so that I can tape the game:bawling:

November 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
www.bigskytv.org may have it on.

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM
as mentioned earlier it will be on altitude and seeing that you live in montana you get altitude with basic cable(at least in helena you do) but ill be there anyway

GOKATS
November 27th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I know that the SIU/MT game is going to be on ESPN gameplan but is KPAX in missoula gonna take it on too? or are they not allowed to do that since its ESPN? I hope they do so that I can tape the game:bawling:

I don't know what the situation is with KPAX because I don't recall Altitude covering a game in Missoula before (and I'm going off another post that said Altitude is carrying the griz game live), but whenever Altitude carries a 'Cat game live either at Bozeman or on the road it negates the local Montana coverage.

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 06:42 PM
altitude is way better than any of the local stations IMO

GOKATS
November 27th, 2006, 06:46 PM
altitude is way better than any of the local stations IMO

Have to admit it's a helluva lot better than listening to the KPAX announcers :smiley_wi , but the pic quality is definitely much higher quality also.

OxSoxUNH05
November 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM
xlolx I hope to god that WMUR or CN8 is going to broadcast the ESPN feed. I need to see this game, but my nephew is turning one this weekend. Missed the UNH-UNI game because i was the hospital waiting for his birth, now I'm going to his birthday. Damn, this kid better play like crazy for UNH when he gets to school xlolx

Fixed... I have a mild condition that doctors will later know as mental retardation:smiley_wi

jimgrizfan
November 28th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Montana's News Station KPAX is pleased to announce that we will be carrying Saturday's football playoff game between The Griz and Southern Illinois LIVE, beginning at 12:30 p.m. The television rights to all of the second round NCAA I-AA football games are held by ESPN. Originally, the only way to see UM's playoff game was to watch a tape delayed broadcast which ESPN is carrying on their pay-per-view Game Plan Package at 7:30 P.M. on Saturday.

tanagriz
November 28th, 2006, 01:46 PM
From the Saluki Athletics page...This definitely benefits those Griz fans in Chicagoland....

CARBONDALE, Ill.-Saturday's NCAA Division I Football Championship quarterfinal matchup between Southern Illinois University and Montana will be televised live on ESPN GamePlan and Comcast SportsNet (Chicago). Kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m., CST.

ESPN GamePlan can be found on both the DirecTV and Dish Network lineups. Games appearing on channels 777-782 on DirecTV and 455-465 on Dish Network require ESPN GamePlan subscription or Pay-Per-Day purchase.

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago) is channel 640 on DirecTV and 429 on Dish Network.

DrG
November 28th, 2006, 02:25 PM

I'm just speculating, but UMass moved its basketball game with BC, originally scheduled for 2, to 7:30 to avoid a conflict with a possible second-round football game. Kicking off the FB game at 4 would be cutting it close, so maybe UMass insisted on the earlier start.

Retro
November 28th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Montana's News Station KPAX is pleased to announce that we will be carrying Saturday's football playoff game between The Griz and Southern Illinois LIVE, beginning at 12:30 p.m. The television rights to all of the second round NCAA I-AA football games are held by ESPN. Originally, the only way to see UM's playoff game was to watch a tape delayed broadcast which ESPN is carrying on their pay-per-view Game Plan Package at 7:30 P.M. on Saturday.

This is not true... It's on at 2:30 Eastern time as i listed originally and that would be 12:30pm Mountain time on ESPN Gamplan Live!

BTW, Espn does not show tape delayed games on gameplan. They are all live. That's the purpose of it.

Live4Griz
November 28th, 2006, 10:45 PM

This is not true... It's on at 2:30 Eastern time as i listed originally and that would be 12:30pm Mountain time on ESPN Gamplan Live!

BTW, Espn does not show tape delayed games on gameplan. They are all live. That's the purpose of it.

It is true...

It will be live on ESPN gameplan "on-line" and taped delayed for ESPN gameplan on TV.

The game will be seen on a taped delayed basis for televison at 7:30 MST

Just FYI...being this is a TV thread

Retro
November 29th, 2006, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=Retro]

It is true...

It will be live on ESPN gameplan "on-line" and taped delayed for ESPN gameplan on TV.

The game will be seen on a taped delayed basis for televison at 7:30 MST

Just FYI...being this is a TV thread

Once again, your're wrong. I don't list online games, just TV games.. Here ESPN'S own TV Gameplan schedule.. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/schedules

Live4Griz
December 1st, 2006, 08:31 PM
Once again, your're wrong. I don't list online games, just TV games.. Here ESPN'S own TV Gameplan schedule.. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/schedules

Below are two press releases that say it will be on ESPN Gameplan (for TV) on a taped delayed basis at 7:30 MST. It will be live on Altitude & KPAX.

Big Sky Conf--> http://www.bigskyconf.com/articles/artfiles/80305_QuarterfinalRelease.pdf <-- on page 1

University of Montana---> http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/files/news_content/football_men/2006/fb_112906.pdf <-- on page 1

I think the link you posted above for ESPN's schedule shows a 2:30 EST start time for on-line users.

Ralph also posted that it will be taped delayed on ESPN Gameplan (for TV) at 9:30 MST
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17361

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Go Griz!!