August 13th, 2015, 08:02 PM
2017 & 2019 @ UMass....

http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/08/umass-usf-maine-future-football-schedules/

Lehigh Football Nation
August 14th, 2015, 08:18 AM
For the kids' sake?

Catsfan90
August 14th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Should be challenging for Maine. Umass has been steadily improving. I don't believe this will be as easy as their games when Umass first joined FBS. Still though, it will be very winnable.

bkrownd
August 14th, 2015, 03:26 PM
"Amherst or Foxborough"...hopefully Amherst.

Need to schedule some New Hampshire into one of those 2016 holes.

Hawaii gets to play at McGuirk, LOL.

Gordon Shumway
August 14th, 2015, 05:22 PM
"Amherst or Foxborough"...hopefully Amherst.

Need to schedule some New Hampshire into one of those 2016 holes.

Hawaii gets to play at McGuirk, LOL.

The problem is UNH doesn't have any schedule holes for 2016. Me thinks they would have been thrilled to play again at Foxborough if Umass had been willing, instead of having to fly to San Diego State.

bkrownd
August 15th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Shumway - now there's a name that I heard all the time in Amherst! ;)

Ivytalk
August 15th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Back in the old Yankee Conference days, what were the real rivalries? Who hated whom?

bulldog10jw
August 15th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Back in the old Yankee Conference days, what were the real rivalries? Who hated whom?

UConn hated UMass and URI

Of course, that was basketball. Did anyone really pay attention to Yankee Conference football?

Sader87
August 15th, 2015, 08:16 AM
UConn hated UMass and URI

Of course, that was basketball. Did anyone really pay attention to Yankee Conference football?

Not really, for much of the 50s, 60s and 70s, Yankee Conference football was thought of as "small-time" in New England and didn't really get much hype/coverage...UMass and UConn was probably the premier football rivalry....BU and UMass became a pretty good rivalry as well when the Terriers joined the YC in the 70s.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 15th, 2015, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure Sader about UMass-UConn but I wasn't following YC Football during the 50's and most of the 60's. When I stepped foot on campus in Durham in 1968, it was very clear who UNH's #1 football rival was -- UMass. They played the season ending "rivalry weekend" game for something like 40 years while UConn played Rhody. UNH's Cowell Stadium attendance record is 20K in 1977 when UMass and UNH faced off for the third consecutive year for the YC Championship and the AQ to the DII Tournament. I recall a lot of large crowds at McGuirk over the years too when UNH played there. UNH and UMass drew 32K and 24K in the two Colonial Clashes at Foxborough. My memories of UConn Football during their I-AA days was that their fan base basically didn't care, only really got fired up when they played Yale. That's the way it was with all the UConn alumni I worked with during the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Sader87
August 15th, 2015, 09:36 AM
You're probably right UNH_Alum....I was conflating the UMass-UConn hoop rivalry to football. UNH-UMass football would have to be the biggest rivalry in the YanCon era....UVM had dropped football, Maine was/is sort of a hike up in Orono...lot more crossovah btw UMass and UNH fans/alums etc