PDA

View Full Version : Need JMU help

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I'm looking at tickets for the JMU game and need some help. Does anyone know where the Lehigh contingent will be sitting? I'm tossing around trying to join up with the Brown & White faithful or just order an upper level seat and be done with it. Also, are parking passes really worth it? I'm not really looking to tailgate so a low key "safe" lot is perfectly fine by me. I definitely want to check out the campus.

I've been looking forward to this game for over a year. JMU has been on my bucket list for some time and I'm pumped to check it off!

ngineer
August 10th, 2015, 09:09 PM
I'm looking at tickets for the JMU game and need some help. Does anyone know where the Lehigh contingent will be sitting? I'm tossing around trying to join up with the Brown & White faithful or just order an upper level seat and be done with it. Also, are parking passes really worth it? I'm not really looking to tailgate so a low key "safe" lot is perfectly fine by me. I definitely want to check out the campus.

I've been looking forward to this game for over a year. JMU has been on my bucket list for some time and I'm pumped to check it off!

There was another thread on this over a month ago and someone suggested a section number. I am on the fence about going only because I have a very busy Sunday schedule, but I'm still considering. Let me know if you are looking for riders or driver to share gas.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2015, 09:16 PM
There was another thread on this over a month ago and someone suggested a section number. I am on the fence about going only because I have a very busy Sunday schedule, but I'm still considering. Let me know if you are looking for riders or driver to share gas.

I was thinking about calling Lehigh and seeing where their "allotment" is. I'm trying to figure out the logistics of the weekend myself. I was hoping to play the Greenbrier Friday but that simply isn't going to happen. My plan is likely to leave relatively early Saturday morning and just get the heck out of dodge afterwards. I was going to go with a relatively recent Lehigh grad but he's not sure if he can get off of work. I hope to have everything nailed down by the end of the week.

KPSUL
August 10th, 2015, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2238108]There was another thread on this over a month ago and someone suggested a section number. I am on the fence about going only because I have a very busy Sunday schedule, but I'm still considering. Let me know if you are looking for riders or driver to share gas.[QUOTE]

I posted to that thread:

Lehigh fans, I recommend you consider buying your tickets directly from the JMU website instead of the visiting allocation. The visiting allocation is on the goal line on the visitor's side, Section 8. If you buy a ticket in Section 7 you can be on 20 and you will not be among the hardcore JMU faithful. Sections 1-5 on the "Visitor Side" are reserved for JMU students, 6 is where the more saavy JMU fans without season's tickets end up. I don't like the upper decks on the Home side, they are unusually steep and you walk up about 6 flights of stairs to get there. The view from the upper center seats are pretty good, but they're probably already soldout.

I'm a non-JMU fan that attends a couple games each year because I live 30 miles north off I 81. I try to keep a low profile about this, but I send all my disposal income to Harrisonburg to pay my Fine Arts Senior daughter's tuition and living expenses. I really haven't planned the whole season yet, but I'm not going the the UNH - Colgate game so I'll likely be at JMU - Lehigh./QUOTE]

Since I posted, I've had a change of plans: I'll be going to the darkside, SEC game at South Carolina.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2015, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2238108]There was another thread on this over a month ago and someone suggested a section number. I am on the fence about going only because I have a very busy Sunday schedule, but I'm still considering. Let me know if you are looking for riders or driver to share gas.[QUOTE]

I posted to that thread:

Lehigh fans, I recommend you consider buying your tickets directly from the JMU website instead of the visiting allocation. The visiting allocation is on the goal line on the visitor's side, Section 8. If you buy a ticket in Section 7 you can be on 20 and you will not be among the hardcore JMU faithful. Sections 1-5 on the "Visitor Side" are reserved for JMU students, 6 is where the more saavy JMU fans without season's tickets end up. I don't like the upper decks on the Home side, they are unusually steep and you walk up about 6 flights of stairs to get there. The view from the upper center seats are pretty good, but they're probably already soldout.

I'm a non-JMU fan that attends a couple games each year because I live 30 miles north off I 81. I try to keep a low profile about this, but I send all my disposal income to Harrisonburg to pay my Fine Arts Senior daughter's tuition and living expenses. I really haven't planned the whole season yet, but I'm not going the the UNH - Colgate game so I'll likely be at JMU - Lehigh./QUOTE]

Since I posted, I've had a change of plans: I'll be going to the darkside, SEC game at South Carolina.

Thanks for the info! Good stuff there! The last think I want to be near is the students. I remember UD used to have a notorious section, J?, and you didn't want to be near them either. I'm sure JMU has one two areas where the locals can get a little hostile.

RootinFerDukes
August 10th, 2015, 10:05 PM
What kpsul said is pretty much spot on. JMU gives section 8 to visiting fans and it's near one endzone corner. It is about as distant as you can get from other JMU fans in that corner though.
1-5 and the entire lower and upper endzones are students. It's a party school, so I can't guarantee they won't be rowdy. They try to view it as a big party or they get bored and leave. Most bail at halftime or mid-3rd quarter anyways, regardless of the game's entertainment level.
Sections 6 or 7 are closer to midfield but also closer to students.
Upper deck corner sections are almost always open, but it's a hike up there. Lower level corners will be open too.
You will definitely get a better section buying through JMU. They have a feature that lets you select your seat and section, shows what's open.
Most fans on the home side are locals and older alumni, families. They're very tame. Most won't even get up and cheer during key moments.

As far as parking, are you looking for free parking or closer cash parking? R1 lot is $10 cash and a modest walk to the stadium. Otherwise it's R2 near a small shopping center and the interstate exit, which fills very early most days.
The Warsaw avenue parking deck is free and is never full to my knowledge.
There's finally the festival area, but that's pretty far away. It is close to major shopping center and restaurants/hotels,
They also offer a free shuttle service to and from some of the more distant lots.
PM me with any questions and I'll be glad to talk.

superman7515
August 10th, 2015, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=KPSUL;2238113][QUOTE=ngineer;2238108]I remember UD used to have a notorious section, J?, and you didn't want to be near them either.

Who needs J? We give 'em L!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2015, 10:38 PM
What kpsul said is pretty much spot on. JMU gives section 8 to visiting fans and it's near one endzone corner. It is about as distant as you can get from other JMU fans in that corner though.
1-5 and the entire lower and upper endzones are students. It's a party school, so I can't guarantee they won't be rowdy. They try to view it as a big party or they get bored and leave. Most bail at halftime or mid-3rd quarter anyways, regardless of the game's entertainment level.
Sections 6 or 7 are closer to midfield but also closer to students.
Upper deck corner sections are almost always open, but it's a hike up there. Lower level corners will be open too.
You will definitely get a better section buying through JMU. They have a feature that lets you select your seat and section, shows what's open.
Most fans on the home side are locals and older alumni, families. They're very tame. Most won't even get up and cheer during key moments.

As far as parking, are you looking for free parking or closer cash parking? R1 lot is $10 cash and a modest walk to the stadium. Otherwise it's R2 near a small shopping center and the interstate exit, which fills very early most days.
The Warsaw avenue parking deck is free and is never full to my knowledge.
There's finally the festival area, but that's pretty far away. It is close to major shopping center and restaurants/hotels,
They also offer a free shuttle service to and from some of the more distant lots.
PM me with any questions and I'll be glad to talk.

Thanks for the insight! I've been to a lot of FCS venues and several big time FBS stadiums so I know the ropes of how things go. JMU students and rowdies are no different than anywhere else. I'm just looking for an enjoyable experience and solid view if I end up flying solo.

That Warsaw parking garage looks enticing since it's right near the main academic quad and probably away some of the congestion on game day. Whenever I visit somewhere new I always have to check out the campus if it's feasible. My guess is JMU also has some "talent" walking around too. xnodx Perhaps Lindsey Czarniak will be floating around...jk...

RootinFerDukes
August 11th, 2015, 11:19 AM
If there's one part of campus I recommend someone see, it's definitely the quad. It is beautiful and has the iconic Wilson hall. It is the oldest part of campus. The entire campus is scenic really and some parts of east campus have mountain views.
If you sit on the upper deck, you may have a mountain view in the distance on a nice, clear day.
The quad is also where most students will hang out on a beautiful day. We are known to have the hottest women of va schools. You should see them if the weather cooperates.
If that's where you want to walk through, Warsaw deck it is.
Pertaining to the lovely Lindsay czarniak, she was just the 2015 commencement speaker. You just missed her!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2015, 12:30 PM
I just ordered my ticket for the game! Section 402 row D which should be the the first row according to how I picked my seat! $30 after fees and postage? Can't beat it! I'm stoked for the game! Lehigh better not lay an egg against CCSU!!

RootinFerDukes
August 11th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Glad to hear it! I sat in 402 once. This may not matter for a visiting fan, but that upper deck corner has no view of our video board until you move halfway into section 403.
If it's empty enough, you may be able to move. It's the 2nd straight of three home games and I know it won't be too crowded.
You will also be directly across from the main contingent of Lehigh fans down in section 8.
Enjoy!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Glad to hear it! I sat in 402 once. This may not matter for a visiting fan, but that upper deck corner has no view of our video board until you move halfway into section 403.
If it's empty enough, you may be able to move. It's the 2nd straight of three home games and I know it won't be too crowded.
You will also be directly across from the main contingent of Lehigh fans down in section 8.
Enjoy!

I'm a Lehigh fan so I'm use to not being able to view a video board xembarrassedx.

I like the fact that they'll be no one in front of me and views of the surrounding area should be good. The more I think about it the more likely I am to get a hotel in the Winchester area after the game. Temple plays Cincinnati at 8 pm that night so kicking back and relaxing sounds like a good idea.

Hopefully the weather is good and it's a competitive game. I'm cautiously optimistic for the season. I don't expect a "major" turnaround but the pieces are starting to get put back in place to at least get back to a winning season. I have a feeling they'll be a strong Lehigh turnout so long as they beat CCSU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM
Any idea when JMU mails out tickets? Still waiting on mine.....

RootinFerDukes
September 2nd, 2015, 04:05 PM
Any idea when JMU mails out tickets? Still waiting on mine.....

I do not but it is 10 days out... I would call the ticket office 540-568-3853

KPSUL
September 2nd, 2015, 04:46 PM
I just ordered my ticket for the game! Section 402 row D which should be the the first row according to how I picked my seat! $30 after fees and postage? Can't beat it! I'm stoked for the game! Lehigh better not lay an egg against CCSU!!

I ordered tickets to the Stony Brook @ JMU game, they said 10 business days, it took a couple days less. Actually, they didn't send tickets, it just took that long to send me a link to download them from the internet.

JMU has a good game-day atmosphere, lots of hype, fire-works, streamers, and a huge, loud video screen/scoreboard - if you like those things. They also have perhaps the best FCS marching band you see outside of the MEAC/SWAC. They also have a chance to be extremely good this season. I'm glad UNH is not playing them this conference season.

By the way, my daughter who's a JMU senior, stood me up on family day to go to an arts festival. I've got an extra ticket for Stony Brook, on the visitors side Sect. 6 if anyone is interested.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2015, 09:21 PM
I ordered tickets to the Stony Brook @ JMU game, they said 10 business days, it took a couple days less. Actually, they didn't send tickets, it just took that long to send me a link to download them from the internet.

JMU has a good game-day atmosphere, lots of hype, fire-works, streamers, and a huge, loud video screen/scoreboard - if you like those things. They also have perhaps the best FCS marching band you see outside of the MEAC/SWAC. They also have a chance to be extremely good this season. I'm glad UNH is not playing them this conference season.

By the way, my daughter who's a JMU senior, stood me up on family day to go to an arts festival. I've got an extra ticket for Stony Brook, on the visitors side Sect. 6 if anyone is interested.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday! If Lehigh can return to form, relatively speaking, this should be a competitive, 10-14 point type game. It took a 99 yard drive for JMU to escape Goodman last year. No doubt JMU is talented. Still, I'm not sue if they're really among the elite of FCS. I actually think they'll be closer to 2013 UNH. Perhaps a little a better. If Lehigh struggles or loses this week I'll definitely temper my optimism.

My plan is get down there around 1-1:30 Saturday. I really want to check out the campus and walk around the tailgate scene. I'm extremely interested to see the stadium. I have to believe it will be close to a sell-out?

I'm staying in Winchester, VA following the game. My goal is to be back in my hotel and chilling by the 2nd quarter of the Temple-Cincinnati from Nippert.

I'll have NDSU, Montana, Montana State, Delaware and JMU checked off. Youngstown State and Harvard and really high on my list. UNI and SDSU would be fun too. At some point I need to hit up some FBS venues. Most of Temple's conference games are 10+ hours away from Philadelphia so there's only so much I can do. With that said I am heading to Greenville/ECU at the end of October.

I'm going to give it until Friday before I'll consider pestering the JMU ticket office...

RootinFerDukes
September 2nd, 2015, 09:39 PM
I hate being a Debbie downer, but I wanted to respond to a few of your points.
The weather on the twelfth is calling for scattered t-storms. It does appear to be lowering in intensity each day, so that's a promising sign.
If it rains, we have very fairweather fans, literally. The turnout will be significantly worse. Only the die hards and some locals show up for rain games. Students won't be around campus either.
We haven't sold out a game since the 2013 season and haven't sold out a second home game of the season since 2011, the first year of our newest stadium expansion.
It's also the middle of three consecutive home games in as many weeks. That tends to hurt attendance.
I can confidently say it won't sell out. 18k if we're lucky and the weather works out. 10k otherwise. The announced attendance will be higher of course.

LC1142
September 2nd, 2015, 10:48 PM

Having attended that crap hole stadium as a visitor twice, you will be sitting on the visitor side opposite the tall side of the stadium. You will be along the end zone and on the side where the teams come out and near that ugly inflatable dog they enter through. They do have a great band. Parking sucks as you will park near the WVA state line but shuttles are good. Expect local fans to be drunk and harass you, win or lose, and this includes the adults.

ngineer
September 2nd, 2015, 10:52 PM
Still debating whether to make the drive and then turnaround and return...however, I see the "madizone" will be streaming. How has the quality been??

RootinFerDukes
September 3rd, 2015, 03:30 AM
Still debating whether to make the drive and then turnaround and return...however, I see the "madizone" will be streaming. How has the quality been??

Not good, to be honest. I've heard there's typically 2k viewers through Madizone each game and something can't handle it. Perhaps the server that services it. We've never been able to get an explanation from the school or the company that CAA teams are forced to use, stretch Internet.
Some fans report it working for them, but most post that it's endlessly buffering for them to the point of being unwatchable.
I don't usually use it except for basketball games since I always attend football. I am among those who can never get a reliable connection to Madizone more often then not.
It is free though, so there's that. The production quality is top notch compared to any stream that isn't ESPN3 that I've seen.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2015, 01:46 PM
Having attended that crap hole stadium as a visitor twice, you will be sitting on the visitor side opposite the tall side of the stadium. You will be along the end zone and on the side where the teams come out and near that ugly inflatable dog they enter through. They do have a great band. Parking sucks as you will park near the WVA state line but shuttles are good. Expect local fans to be drunk and harass you, win or lose, and this includes the adults.

I believe I'm sitting in the first row of the upper deck so I should have a great view of the field and surrounding area. I'll take everything in stride when it comes to the drunktards. I don't see it being to crazy.

My plan is to park in the parking garage west of the stadium, near the campus quad.

LC1142
September 3rd, 2015, 02:15 PM
I believe I'm sitting in the first row of the upper deck so I should have a great view of the field and surrounding area. I'll take everything in stride when it comes to the drunktards. I don't see it being to crazy.

My plan is to park in the parking garage west of the stadium, near the campus quad.

not a bad seat but probably not with the Lehigh fans

KPSUL
September 4th, 2015, 06:55 PM

I thought the thread name was JMU Help, not Hate.

RootinFerDukes
September 8th, 2015, 03:55 PM
90% chance of thunderstorms in harrisonburg on saturday. I just want to stymie your expectations. Students and fans are VERY fair weather, literally. If the weather forecast holds into Saturday morning, we may only have 10k fans there and students won't be around campus. They'll choose to stay in their dorms and apartments instead.
I've never seen at least a drizzly day that didn't make at least half of our typical fan turnout stay home.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Ticket arrived today!

The forecast has really gone down the tubes! Hopefully there are not any prolonged delays. I need to be at my hotel so I can catch at least the second half the Temple-Cincinnati game! Ironically, last years game was delayed due to lightning in the area.

Honestly, a half empty, somewhat dead environment can only help Lehigh. No matter the crowd and weather I can't wait for Saturday!

tribe_pride
September 8th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Not good, to be honest. I've heard there's typically 2k viewers through Madizone each game and something can't handle it. Perhaps the server that services it. We've never been able to get an explanation from the school or the company that CAA teams are forced to use, stretch Internet.
Some fans report it working for them, but most post that it's endlessly buffering for them to the point of being unwatchable.
I don't usually use it except for basketball games since I always attend football. I am among those who can never get a reliable connection to Madizone more often then not.
It is free though, so there's that. The production quality is top notch compared to any stream that isn't ESPN3 that I've seen.

Not true that the schools are forced to use Stretch Internet. W&M uses NeuLion which has worked well for us.

RootinFerDukes
September 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Not true that the schools are forced to use Stretch Internet. W&M uses NeuLion which has worked well for us.

We used to use NeuLion and it worked better than this Stretch Internet crap. It functioned 90% of the time, compared to 20% of the time with Stretch. I wouldn't be surprised to see JMU go with the CAA recommendation to not ruffle any feathers and to more importantly save a buck.

RootinFerDukes
September 8th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Ticket arrived today!

The forecast has really gone down the tubes! Hopefully there are not any prolonged delays. I need to be at my hotel so I can catch at least the second half the Temple-Cincinnati game! Ironically, last years game was delayed due to lightning in the area.

Honestly, a half empty, somewhat dead environment can only help Lehigh. No matter the crowd and weather I can't wait for Saturday!

O yeah, I forgot that the fans that do show up on rain games are dead silent for some reason. I guess getting rained on takes away your enthusiasm.

tribe_pride
September 8th, 2015, 04:50 PM
We used to use NeuLion and it worked better than this Stretch Internet crap. It functioned 90% of the time, compared to 20% of the time with Stretch. I wouldn't be surprised to see JMU go with the CAA recommendation to not ruffle any feathers and to more importantly save a buck.

NeuLion has definitely worked well for us so far. Don't remember having any issues with it last year, which was the first year it was free to watch football and basketball - never used it when we had to pay.

Longhorn
September 9th, 2015, 01:48 AM
>Rootin: What weather service are you looking at? Haven't seen any model that forecasts 90% rain for Saturday. As of today local stations are saying 50% on Thursday (could be severe), and then dropping to 20% the next couple of days with highs around 78.

As as for your commentary about JMU attendance, it would be my opinion that 90% of FCS teams would die for the kind of "fair weather" JMU fans and student attendance that averages over 20k. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're sandbagging a bit about attendance, which will be at, or slightly over, 20k if the weather cooperates. About the only thing that could effect the game-day atmosphere is if the grass fields around the stadium are too damp from the earlier rains to let cars park in their normal tailgating spots.

It would be nice to see a good turnout from Lehigh, and I think Lehigh fans will find most JMU fans to be welcoming and friendly. Lehigh fans can also expect to experience a premier tailgating scene and first-rate facilities (especially so if you get tickets thru JMU and sit on the side with the upper deck). Then again, sitting with other Lehigh faithful and facing the new side of the stadium has its advantages too.

JMU is looking forward to playing stiffer competition this week, but not to discourage the Lehigh faithful, I don't expect the game to be as close as last year. Vad Lee and company are the real deal, and JMUs D is improved.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I don't believe the game will be quite as close as last year either. But I don't believe it will be a blowout either. Lehigh is coming off their worst season in over 20 years so they better be improved this season. JMU will face a significantly larger DL this year and a D that overall plays more aggressively.

How close the game is will come down to Lehigh's play calling on offense, the OL and Shafnisky's decision making.

Lehigh will not be intimidated by JMU or the atmosphere. They will go down expecting to win.....

DatDude
September 9th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Just checked the weather from local TV station, 20% chance of rain. I think LU will come to play, alot to prove and could send a shockwave around FCS and Patriot League. Last yrs season was a fluke in IMO, LU O was pretty good and gave JMU fits, LU could have EASILY stole that game and changed their whole season around. I look for a more competetive game than the 21 point spread. LU should have won by three TDs this past week but let off the gas, they wont have that luxury this week

JMU2004
September 9th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Comparisons to last year are probably irrelevant for both teams.

The JMU team that Lehigh played last year was a far cry from the final product.

jmufan999
September 9th, 2015, 08:38 AM
JMU is probably still going to give up a few big plays and have a few stupid penalties per game. I do think the run D will be better this year, but I'm not sure about the pass rush. interior of the D-line and LB's should be much better, especially with Gage Steele finally healthy. very thin in the secondary, should there be an injury. from what the Morehead State players were saying after the game, we're more versatile than what we showed on film and are disguising coverages more than last year. take that for what it's worth.

the key stat for me in this game is rushing. last year, we rushed for 322 against Lehigh (7.5 yards/carry). that's pretty insane, but our running game is actually improved this year with Cardon Johnson finally healthy and Khalid Abdullah. Lehigh will need to get that yards/carry down to about 4 or 4.5 and/or win the turnover battle to win the game.

JMU also gave up 5.9 ypc which needs to come down, most of which came from Shafnisky (121 rushing yards, 6.4 ypc). like to see us hold Lehigh to 5.0 ypc or less, if possible. I'm fully aware there are going to be some big plays, just need to limit them.

KPSUL
September 9th, 2015, 11:22 AM
They will go down expecting to win.....

You know going down expecting to win has a clear second meeting. (i.e. UNH went down expecting to win against SJSU)

melloware13
September 9th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Lehigh has done decently in big moments compared to other "smaller" schools, I don't think they'll be mentally over-matched by the situation, but physically they will not have enough

DatDude
September 9th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Lehigh has done decently in big moments compared to other "smaller" schools, I don't think they'll be mentally over-matched by the situation, but physically they will not have enoughnot sure what you mean by physically. LU has a nice size oline, maybe avg 6'4 290-300lbs. Both backs over 200lbs, 6'3 wrs, and the wrs have speed. The D is also nice size n fast. I think LU will shock some teams this yr. They were suppose to be "overmatched" last yr and couldve won, Jmu is better this yr im sure, but so is LU. JMU better not be overconfident.

Longhorn
September 9th, 2015, 07:24 PM
I seriously doubt the JMU players are overconfident, and the JMU coaches will be sure to remind the team of last year's result, which were waaay too close for comfort. I'll be happy as a JMU fan with a 1 point victory, but my gut tells me it'll be a minimum of a two score win. Here's to hoping for good weather and no injuries on either team!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2015, 08:02 PM
not sure what you mean by physically. LU has a nice size oline, maybe avg 6'4 290-300lbs. Both backs over 200lbs, 6'3 wrs, and the wrs have speed. The D is also nice size n fast. I think LU will shock some teams this yr. They were suppose to be "overmatched" last yr and couldve won, Jmu is better this yr im sure, but so is LU. JMU better not be overconfident.

Lehigh was definitely getting more respect last year and rightfully so imo. They were coming off an 8-3 year where they spent most of the season ranked and returned quite a bit on offense. JMU on the other hand was breaking in a brand new coaching staff and several new transfers including Lee. The Dukes had been bumbling around a bit while Lehigh was enjoying a good run....

These are the type of games that Lehigh needs to get back to winning. They had a good stretch from 2010-2013 where they won at UNI, at Harvard, at Liberty, at a sold-out Towson and also UNH at home. That's the level they need to get back to. Unfortunately, this likely won't be the year. Hopefully Saturday will be at least a small step towards that....

ngineer
September 9th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Both JMU and Lehigh are better teams this year and I suspect we got their attention with the close game last year. The main problem is the weaponry JMU has versus our new D scheme. I certainly think we will move the ball and score points, but we cannot survive a 'track meet'. There is a path to a victory for Lehigh, but it will require no turnovers (or at the very least none that result in points scored or coming off the board), very few penalties, and controlling a respectable portion of clock to keep the JMU O off the field. We have done well in "adversarial atmospheres" over the years (UNI, Liberty, Towson,). For some, it helps everyone focus more on the job at hand. On paper, I don't give us more than a 20% chance of winning, but we have a shot.

DatDude
September 10th, 2015, 06:24 AM
You LU fans are playing possum, if you wouldve went 6-5 or 5-6 last yr you wouldve expected a better team this yr, and maybe a win coming into this game. I'm glad the coaches and players dont have the mentality you guys have. This isnt Ohio State vs Ohio, on paper looks like a good matchup. If im a betting man give me LU and the points xnodx. One bad yr with NEW coaches and LU is suddenly a rebuilding project after 20yrs, im not buying it, JMU better not eitherxcoolx. Just like JMU had to buy into a new coaches and a system, same can be said for LU.

DatDude
September 10th, 2015, 06:25 AM
I'm thinking about taking in this game. If i purchase general tickets from JMU website, will I be able to sit on LU side????

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Some interesting comments and scores on the JMU board.

Longhorn sure is not a fan of Lehigh. He's still bitter about having to travel to Lehigh in 2004, lol. Which makes no sense. He wants JMU to embarrass Lehigh to show they are a program in decline.

Another is complaining that JMU did a 1-1 for with Lehigh. Say what? xeyebrowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2015, 07:50 AM
I'm thinking about taking in this game. If i purchase general tickets from JMU website, will I be able to sit on LU side????

There is no Lehigh side, just a small section in the corner I believe. I'll be in 402. We'll make it a Lehigh section....

DatDude
September 10th, 2015, 07:54 AM
There is no Lehigh side, just a small section in the corner I believe. I'll be in 402. We'll make it a Lehigh section....When I say LU side, the parents of the players get tickets, where are they tickets located???? section 402????

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2015, 07:56 AM
When I say LU side, the parents of the players get tickets, where are they tickets located???? section 402????

402 is the upper deck.

I have no idea where Lehigh's allotment is. I heard they weren't good seats so I did my own thing....

DatDude
September 10th, 2015, 10:57 AM
402 is the upper deck.

I have no idea where Lehigh's allotment is. I heard they weren't good seats so I did my own thing.... Section 8 is were LU fans will be, got tiks thru LU

PAllen
September 10th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Section 8 is were LU fans will be, got tiks thru LU

Section 8 housing, fantastic!

RootinFerDukes
September 10th, 2015, 11:31 AM

No, the LU tickets sold through their ticket office will be for section 8. You may be able to move to an empty spot over there with ease.
JMU may have some returned section 8 seats available for sale. When you purchase a single game ticket, it will allow you to select your specific section of available seats.
Purchasing this late, you might want to choose will call.

DatDude
September 10th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Section 8 housing, fantastic!Thought the same thing, this is how JMU treats visitors, put them in section 8 housing.....xbowxxbowxxlolxxlolx

RootinFerDukes
September 11th, 2015, 09:36 AM
If there's lightning in the area by 2 or 3pm, don't be surprised to see them delay this game.