PDA

View Full Version : UNH/HU on site thoughts.

Tribe4SF
November 26th, 2006, 09:30 AM
What a football game! Everything you would hope for from an FCS playoff game.

In a reverse of previous playoff matches with A-10 teams, HU's fronts got better in the second half, and controlled most of the action. This was the best HU team I've seen. UNH had to scratch and claw to pull this out. The real disappointment for HU was allowing UNH to get to Shepherd with a 3-man rush in their last series. The game had OT written all over it, but UNH took it by getting to Shepherd.

I had UNH_ALUM_IN_CT with me, and we had a good talk with Bruce Dowd, who came by our tailgate before the game. After talking with Bruce at halftime, I'm sure he was as surprised as I was by Hampton's powerful comeback in the second half.

Hampton fans were their usual selves. The most welcoming, friendly and outgoing fans in all of football. We hung out in the parking lot for better than an hour after the game, and I got to talk with two of the many HU players who came by the neighboring tailgate. Got to share in what the neighboring folks humbly described as "the best damned fried fish you'll ever have". Many HU fans stopped as they were walking by to chat with us. For camaraderie, there is no better place than HU's "Home by the Sea".:bow:

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I was also enjoyed my time with the people of HU.

Having never meet UNH_ALUM I was looking for CT plates in the tailgate area...Couldn't find any.

Maybe at UMass

Tribe4SF
November 26th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I was also enjoyed my time with the people of HU.

Having never meet UNH_ALUM I was looking for CT plates in the tailgate area...Couldn't find any.

Maybe at UMass

We left his car at my house in Williamsburg. We were in the red van, with feathers on the side (of course), in the middle of the lot. He's going to the UMass game. PM him, and hook up. He's a great guy, and as good a fan as a team could hope for.

UNHFan99
November 26th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Lets get an AGS tent or something at the Umass/UNH game tailgate

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 26th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Not sure where to begin!

Surprise SF, I'm online and still in W'burg! After that mad dash up the East Coast to get to the game, I couldn't fathom driving on Thanksgiving Sunday!! Thanks for all the kind words and your incredible hospitality! I really enjoyed my day yesterday and hanging out with you and your Tribe buddies. W&M Football is extremely lucky to have boosters as rabid and loyal!! UNH appreciates the A-10 loyalty!!!

York County, I thought I had you picked out of the crowd and started a conversation with someone. Obviously, it wasn't you and the poor soul didn't have a clue what I was talking about (AGS).

As for Hampton, I can only stress how accurate 4SF was in his observation. I've never been to an away game where so many fans from the home team went out of their way to say hello, start conversations, genuinely wish you well, etc. This was the norm in the tailgating area as well as in the stadium. One Pirate fan during a conversation said "we have class" and he was spot on!

Time to get out on the bike and tour Colonial Williamsburg and the campus of W&M!!!!!

blukeys
November 26th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Time to get out on the bike and tour Colonial Williamsburg and the campus of W&M!!!!!

Jim
Let me know how that tour went. It'a a beautiful area.