PDA

View Full Version : Current Conditions in Bozeman

griz8791
November 23rd, 2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe it will melt by Saturday. Happy Thanksgiving.

http://ct.pbase.com/g6/72/540272/3/70657090.yY3s49GO.jpg

X-Factor
November 23rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Now that is what I call homefield advantage :D

Hope furman remembered their snowshoes xlolx

appmountaineermaniac
November 23rd, 2006, 01:47 PM
is this a harsh joke haha? i duno whether to believe or not. dang weather its supposed to be 64 in boone on sat. hopefully it cools down so coastal will be freezing

Coastal89
November 23rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
No it's not a joke. Check out the campus webcam.

http://cateye.msu.montana.edu/

fuEMO
November 23rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Now that is what I call homefield advantage :D

Hope furman remembered their snowshoes xlolx

X-factor. You must not know. The J Train comes standard with snowshoes. I'd give him the ball 30 times Saturday.

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
Is Furman an option team, or do they have a real offense?

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2006, 03:42 PM

Furman runs option out of the I and the flexbone. They run a ton of counters, draws, and traps.

I'm not sure of what your definition of a real offense is. Furman has been running this for 30 years and it's been pretty successful.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Maybe it will melt by Saturday. Happy Thanksgiving.

http://ct.pbase.com/g6/72/540272/3/70657090.yY3s49GO.jpg

Looks like fun!!

Peems
November 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
the snow we had here in helena melted already. its actually pretty nice, but for some reason bozeman never is nice.

Saint3333
November 23rd, 2006, 04:13 PM

Wow you sure do know 1-AA football...

Furman has the best RB in the nation when healthy, you'll likely see him playing on Sundays. I'm hoping he'll leave early:smiley_wi .

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Furman has been running this for 30 years and it's been pretty successful.

That's exactly what I mean.

Just good ol' boys who refuse to give up the option.

Either that or it's all 10 personel shotgun chuck n' duck.
:pumpuke::pumpuke:

No worries, eventually you'll follow Georgia Southern's lead and start running a balenced pro formation offense. They all will.

Peems
November 23rd, 2006, 04:21 PM

Hopefully you'll follow Georgia Southern's lead and start running a balenced pro formation offense.

and boy has that worked out for Southern...

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
Oh please.

Once they get the right men in there, they'll be national champs again.

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2006, 05:11 PM

No worries, eventually you'll follow Georgia Southern's lead and start running a balenced pro formation offense. They all will.

You need a history lesson. Furman runs a pro formation, pound up the gut, blow you out of the hole offense. They don't run the "where's the ball?" stuff GSU did.

It works plenty well for us. Don't you start getting ALL the AGS upset with the Bison by calling out teams that have been going to the playoffs with regularity since its inception.

GSU would have been probably 9-2 with their old offense this year. Take that to the bank.

LarryBoy
November 23rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Since Furman's playoff run starting in 1999, Furman's offense has regularly averaged 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing a game (this year's injury decimated team doesn't count). When Furman is healthy and plays a team that isn't familiar with the system, the offense can pretty much do whatever it wants (just ask North Carolina, Pittsburgh, etc). I'll take the option any day over what Georgia Southern tried to do this year. Also, it's not like we run the option every single play--which is what makes it deadlier, in my mind.

griz&beer
November 23rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
You better put on your snow chains on your RB. That field will kick your A$$. Your great back will hardly be able to stand not to mention run. Footing will be the key.

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2006, 06:01 PM
if a 250 lbs downhill running back running behind a 320 lbs tackle can't move in the snow, no one can.

Furman played in a field of ice last year. That ice cost us a trip to the national championship game.

griz&beer
November 23rd, 2006, 06:09 PM
Size don't mean *****, When it comes to a bad icy field. You need to know how to play on it. One more thing what is the elevation at the litter box? ? 5000?

Death Dealer
November 23rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
Don't worry too much about us....we'll be fine. Snow, rain, mud, whatever.

And as for Mplsbison?....well, now how can I take a guy seriousely who,

a) is apparently disliked on his own schools fansite, and

b) spells like a special ed. 2nd grader.

BelgradeBobcat
November 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Some of it may melt tomorrow, but it supposed stay below freezing all day Saturday. I don't think the field will be as mushy as last year's Cat-griz game, but it won't be close to ideal either.

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Size don't mean *****, When it comes to a bad icy field. You need to know how to play on it. One more thing what is the elevation at the litter box? ? 5000?

Reread my post. Furman played on an icy field just last year with these same players in temperatures in the 20s.

CopperCat
November 23rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
if a 250 lbs downhill running back running behind a 320 lbs tackle can't move in the snow, no one can.

I guess its a good thing MSU is ranked 14th against the rush. I'm looking forward to it!

MplsBison
November 23rd, 2006, 08:56 PM
Since Furman's playoff run starting in 1999, Furman's offense has regularly averaged 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing a game (this year's injury decimated team doesn't count). When Furman is healthy and plays a team that isn't familiar with the system, the offense can pretty much do whatever it wants (just ask North Carolina, Pittsburgh, etc). I'll take the option any day over what Georgia Southern tried to do this year. Also, it's not like we run the option every single play--which is what makes it deadlier, in my mind.

The option is dying.

The sooner it goes away, the better for the game of football.

Option = backyard razzle dazzle != real football.

LarryBoy
November 23rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
The option is dying.

I'm confused... does option equal "backyard razzle dazzle" and "!" equal real football?

I can see the Tuna walking into the lockerroom at the start of next week's practice.... "Ok guys, we're going to kick it up a notch on offense. It's called '!'. Let it soak in, fellas."

But seriously--I don't know about you, but backyard football has always been about throwing it as far as you can. I haven't seen too many kids drawing up a complicated option scheme (but trust me, I've tried).

And I wouldn't classify the rest of football as "razzle dazzle," either, if that was indeed what you were saying. Razzle dazzle is a bunch of crazy double reverse passes and fumble rooskies (is there a proper spelling for that word?). "Pro formations" and pro football are quite the opposite--straight up and boring.

Death Dealer
November 23rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
He's jusy baiting you guys.....ignore this goon, ask just about any other Bison poster on here and they'll tell you he's a trouble maker. Let's get back to discussing the game. If conditions continue to deterioate, I can see it adversely effecting both teams, albeit MSU definitely has more experience with it. I guess we won't know until Saturday, will we?

Slackjaw
November 23rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
"!=" Means not equal in computer programing language (java, c, etc). I'm guessing thats what he meant.

Note: Inside info on the field conditions

I live with a kid that paints the field for msu and he said the ground crew screwed up pretty big. They assumed the home season was over after our last home game and laid a bunch of sand over the field to protect it from the winter. In order to get rid of the sand all they could do was broom it into the soil. So if you thought last year's cat-griz was muddy, it could be worse.

LarryBoy
November 23rd, 2006, 10:58 PM
"!=" Means not equal in computer programing language (java, c, etc). I'm guessing thats what he meant.

Note: Inside info on the field conditions

I live with a kid that paints the field for msu and he said the ground crew screwed up pretty big. They assumed the home season was over after our last home game and laid a bunch of sand over the field to protect it from the winter. In order to get rid of the sand all they could do was broom it into the soil. So if you thought last year's cat-griz was muddy, it could be worse.

That seems a little weird...if the Athletic Department knew that they would be bidding out the wazoo, they should have prevented that from happening. At least one would think. Or at least one of them would have looked over..."What the crap are they doing to the field?" Just saying.

putter
November 23rd, 2006, 11:01 PM
That seems a little weird...if the Athletic Department knew that they would be bidding out the wazoo, they should have prevented that from happening. At least one would think. Or at least one of them would have looked over..."What the crap are they doing to the field?" Just saying.

Obviously they did not have any confidence of making the playoff.

Mr. C
November 24th, 2006, 12:34 AM
The option is dying.

From the brilliant mind of MplsBison. I'll be sure to tell Mike Ayers, probably the most cerebral coach in the CS, that he needs to junk the option because you say it's dying. Good thing for you that Georgia Southern was stupid enough to think that this year, because if they had been running the option, they would have likely blown the Bison back to North Dakota. Furman is at their best when they are healthy and running the option. Try stopping 250 pounds of Jerome Felton on the option dive, or 240-pound QB Renaldo Gray on the option keeper. Teams like Georgia Southern, Wofford and Nicholls State have been at the top of the rushing charts in I-AA for years.

griz8791
November 24th, 2006, 07:21 AM
I have good news and bad news. The good news is it stopped snowing yesterday afternoon and the snow isn't as deep as it looks in the picture at the top of the thread. The bad news is, now the wind is coming up.

Death Dealer
November 24th, 2006, 10:03 AM
That's good news for us as I see it. We can run the ball all day long, but I don't care how used to bad weather the Cats are, they can't make the wind not screw up their passing offense. I know, I know, they've got that great run D, but so do we, and we've got the better O for a cold, wet, WINDY day. The way I see it, the wind just turned in our favor.

MplsBison
November 24th, 2006, 10:10 AM

You think MSU would've figured it out by now that artifical turf is the correct field for that climate. UM figured it out.

MplsBison
November 24th, 2006, 10:11 AM
"Pro formations" and pro football are quite the opposite--straight up and boring.

Yeah, scoring 40 points a game is quite boring. Why would any fan want to see that?

MplsBison
November 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Try stopping 250 pounds of Jerome Felton on the option dive, or 240-pound QB Renaldo Gray on the option keeper.

A disciplined, fast defense has no problem with the option offense.

Which is exactly why it can't be run in the pros.

Teams like Georgia Southern, Wofford and Nicholls State have been at the top of the rushing charts in I-AA for years.

No worries. Like I said, GSU was the first. Eventually, as no new coaches teach the option anymore above the high school level, the next generation of coaches at the SoConn and Southland schools that still run the option will bring in a balenced attack.

Hopefully it will envolve the QB being under center and a fullback, but I can't control everything.

putter
November 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
That's good news for us as I see it. We can run the ball all day long, but I don't care how used to bad weather the Cats are, they can't make the wind not screw up their passing offense. I know, I know, they've got that great run D, but so do we, and we've got the better O for a cold, wet, WINDY day. The way I see it, the wind just turned in our favor.

Tough field conditions slow everything down, however, which helps both teams. I remember when Georgia Southern came up to Montana in 1995 on a frozen field their speed was negated by the field and they got ran out of town. Felton will get his yards but it will be the team that turns it over less that should win in Bozeman.

SoCon Din
November 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Think that's the big key not yet mentioned until now. Cliche it all you want, but turnovers will hold the key to the outcome, and I believe the weather will serve only to magnify that theory.

Can't wait til' tomorrow. Would love to play in that snow. That's good ole football.

I remember we played in Laramie a few years back- the "highest elevation stadium in America" if I'm not mistaken. Wasn't as big a deal as they made it out to be, but wondering what altitude MSU's stadium is. Shouldn't be much of a factor, me thinks.

Gosh I love this time of the year.

OL FU
November 24th, 2006, 12:36 PM
The option is dying.

MplsBison is dying
The sooner it goes away. the better for the game of football
MplsBison = diarrhea of the mouth.

Please some one hit the the bad reputation button so I will have a reason to finally but someone on the ignore list.

Geez you are an asshole.

OL FU
November 24th, 2006, 12:37 PM

No worries. Like I said, GSU was the first. Eventually, as no new coaches teach the option anymore above the high school level, the next generation of coaches at the SoConn and Southland schools that still run the option will bring in a balenced attack.

Hopefully it will envolve the QB being under center and a fullback, but I can't control everything.

You should also learn how to read.
While we run the option we are not an option offense.
Asshole

LarryBoy
November 24th, 2006, 12:56 PM

Were you bitten by an option quarterback as a child? I've never seen someone so passionately against an offensive gameplan.

You've inspired me. I'm not going to take it anymore--I will now begin my crusade against the Maryland I. I mean, no wideouts? Come on.

putter
November 24th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Think that's the big key not yet mentioned until now. Cliche it all you want, but turnovers will hold the key to the outcome, and I believe the weather will serve only to magnify that theory.

Can't wait til' tomorrow. Would love to play in that snow. That's good ole football.

I remember we played in Laramie a few years back- the "highest elevation stadium in America" if I'm not mistaken. Wasn't as big a deal as they made it out to be, but wondering what altitude MSU's stadium is. Shouldn't be much of a factor, me thinks.

The players will be fine with the altitude but the cold and wind could play a factor. On the field the players don't notice it that much but when you come to the sidelines, it hits you.....

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM

I know NAU doesn't technically have a stadium, but Flagstaff is just over 7,000 feet

CopperCat
November 24th, 2006, 02:57 PM
You think MSU would've figured it out by now that artifical turf is the correct field for that climate. UM figured it out.

You wanna pony up all that money to put the new turf in? Please do! Lord knows our idiot Pres won't do it.

MplsBison
November 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
You wanna pony up all that money to put the new turf in? Please do! Lord knows our idiot Pres won't do it.

How much does it cost? Can't be more than a million.

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2006, 06:59 PM

Where are your boosters? W&M raised the $800,000 for FieldTurf in a few months.

CopperCat
November 24th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Where are your boosters? W&M raised the $800,000 for FieldTurf in a few months.

Part of our problem at MSU is that we put money into things that not everyone wants, and when I say not everyone, I mean almost the entire fanbase. We're building skyboxes on the student side of the stadium INSTEAD of putting in artificial turf or bowling in the south end zone. The culprit: our lovely president Geoff Gamble. And will he change his mind when people tell strongly suggest he do something other than what he originally intends? Hell no. He's a guy who's salary I pay, yet he has done very little in my mind for the student body. He's the reason I think Dennison at UM is THE MAN.

"Hey George, why don't you put in some more seats in WaGriz?"

"That's a great idea! I'll get right on that!"

Only if it were that easy at Bobcat Stadium......

Grizo406
November 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Only if it were that easy at Bobcat Stadium......

You guy's have a very big opportunity, tomorrow, to let your collective voice's be heard.

Please make a statement to the BSC, and the rest of I-AA that you belong in the playoffs. After your win, everything should fall into place.:thumbsup:

Go Cats!!!

Tod
November 24th, 2006, 11:50 PM
You guy's have a very big opportunity, tomorrow, to let your collective voice's be heard.

Please make a statement to the BSC, and the rest of I-AA that you belong in the playoffs. After your win, everything should fall into place.:thumbsup:

Go Cats!!!

What Grizo said!!! :nod: :nod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CopperCat
November 24th, 2006, 11:56 PM
What Grizo said!!! :nod: :nod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kramer has them ready. We won't lose.

Grizo406
November 25th, 2006, 12:08 AM
:thumbsup:
Kramer has them ready. We won't lose.

Time to start this thing up, FTG06...Let's both do this!

Go Griz & Go Cats!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 01:05 AM
:thumbsup:

Time to start this thing up, FTG06...Let's both do this!

Go Griz & Go Cats!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like seeing the Griz/Cat unity - that's awesome. I'll be switching back and forth tomorrow on www.bigskytv.org for both games.

Let's Go Grizzlies.....Let's Go Bobcats!!! :hurray: :hurray:

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I like seeing the Griz/Cat unity - that's awesome. I'll be switching back and forth tomorrow on www.bigskytv.org for both games.

Let's Go Grizzlies.....Let's Go Bobcats!!! :hurray: :hurray:

Switching back and forth? :eek: