PDA

View Full Version : Griz Record ticket sales and TV

placidlakegriz
November 23rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
UM gives thanks for ticket sales, TV deal
By Tribune Staff

Thanksgiving came early for University of Montana football fans, who will get to watch Saturday's playoff game against McNeese State on Montana Television Network stations across the state.

UM Athletic Director Jim O'Day confirmed Wednesday that Missoula station KPAX-TV will originate the broadcast, just as it did for all Big Sky Conference games involving UM this season.

Even better news for UM officials arrived earlier Wednesday when the school passed the 18,000 mark for tickets sold. That's almost 3,000 more than attended last year's first-round game against Cal Poly in Missoula.

"That's great. Holy smokes, I thought we would do well to get 15,000 again," said O'Day.

Meanwhile, the Big Sky announced that both of the Division I Football Championship Division games involving Treasure State schools would be available for free at www.bigskytv.org.

The Big Sky has secured the video streaming rights through the NCAA for both games.

Fans are encouraged to visit the Website between now and Saturday morning to familiarize themselves with the site, and to register for the games.

RabidRabbit
November 23rd, 2006, 07:41 AM
Great News for us AGS fans! :hurray: :hurray:

I'll probably pull up the Griz v Cowboys, to see how the 2 teams SDSU played turn out. :thumbsup:

CopperCat
November 23rd, 2006, 11:21 AM
And as a result of the Griz game being on TV, the MSU game gets pushed off the TV lineup. What a bunch of hooey! The griz are always on TV. Why not televise both games somehow? I think we got shafted.

twentythreeOh4
November 23rd, 2006, 11:31 AM
And as a result of the Griz game being on TV, the MSU game gets pushed off the TV lineup. What a bunch of hooey! The griz are always on TV. Why not televise both games somehow? I think we got shafted.

How did the Griz push the MSU off TV? The two schools are on different stations across the state. MSU's decision to not broadcast has nothing to do with UM.

November 23rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
...By Tribune Staff...Division I Football Championship Division...:( xcoffeex

Tailbone
November 23rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
FTG06 has historically attributed every Bobcat problem to some vast Griz conspiracy. Of course the UM is responsible for the cat game not being televised! Isn't it obvious to everybody? xidiotx

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2006, 12:01 PM

Might have something to do with getting butts in the seats. I'd almost bet the order not to show it might have been an MSU decision.

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
Any chance that Comcast will pick up either of the games on tape delay, like they do sometimes?

placidlakegriz
November 23rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Any chance that Comcast will pick up either of the games on tape delay, like they do sometimes?

You will be able to go to http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/, go to sports extra, griz central and than click on griz rewind. You will find a replay of the game there. If you want, you can go there now and watch the GRIZ/cat game from last week.

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2006, 04:44 PM
You will be able to go to http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/, go to sports extra, griz central and than click on griz rewind. You will find a replay of the game there. If you want, you can go there now and watch the GRIZ/cat game from last week.
Fortunately, I watched the Brawl of the Wild and have a tape of it at my house. For those of us living deep in the middle of the dark, dark woods (where high speed internet is just a rumor), the internet broadcast are not an option.

putter
November 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
The McNeese paper said the KPAX is broadcasting the game in Montana and their Fox station is picking up the feed in Louisiana.

I heard that the Cats, who usually are on NBC, were bumped for Carroll College (4 time defending NAIA champions) because the NBC channel did not think they made the playoffs because of the loss at UM and Carroll was in the quarter finals

griz&beer
November 23rd, 2006, 06:18 PM

It is just TV. You guys have to be happy as hell. A southern team coming to play at your house in Nov, in the cold and snow. You're probably smiling wright now.

th0m
November 23rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
The McNeese paper said the KPAX is broadcasting the game in Montana and their Fox station is picking up the feed in Louisiana.

I heard that the Cats, who usually are on NBC, were bumped for Carroll College (4 time defending NAIA champions) because the NBC channel did not think they made the playoffs because of the loss at UM and Carroll was in the quarter finals

KPAX? I thought that didn't exist :D....

Sorry, couldn't resist :) Great job Griz Nation!

CopperCat
November 23rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
How did the Griz push the MSU off TV? The two schools are on different stations across the state. MSU's decision to not broadcast has nothing to do with UM.

Well, MaxMedia is still the media outlet that does the games. But I was still wrong. MSU didn't get the game for TV because supposedly the NCAA rejected the bid by MaxMedia to broadcast the game. I stand corrected.

UNCBears2010
November 23rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
Aren't both games free on Big Sky TV anyway? I know that's where I'll be watching them.

twentythreeOh4
November 23rd, 2006, 11:31 PM

Cats are on Max Media which is mostly ABC stations across the state (NBC in Billings). The Carroll game is not on the Max Media stations, so MSU was not bumped in favor of Carroll.

twentythreeOh4
November 23rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
Well, MaxMedia is still the media outlet that does the games. But I was still wrong. MSU didn't get the game for TV because supposedly the NCAA rejected the bid by MaxMedia to broadcast the game. I stand corrected.

Yup that's it. The NCAA decided that only MSU should have it's TV bid rejected. Get real, there no conspiracy!! MSU's AD that decided not to put the game on TV because he wants to get more fans in the stands. It's that simple. Quit blaming everybody else.

cu@wgs
November 24th, 2006, 12:04 AM
makes sense kinda like a media blackout for NFL games and the such

CopperCat
November 24th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Aren't both games free on Big Sky TV anyway? I know that's where I'll be watching them.

The whole internet streaming thing is still kinda rough. In the case of the UM game, I'd find a sportbar somewhere and watch it. But in the case of MSU you might just have to watch it on the internet, (or just go to game maybe....)

CopperCat
November 24th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Yup that's it. The NCAA decided that only MSU should have it's TV bid rejected. Get real, there no conspiracy!! MSU's AD that decided not to put the game on TV because he wants to get more fans in the stands. It's that simple. Quit blaming everybody else.

Key word in that is SUPPOSEDLY. That means there is speculation involved. Calm down.:rotateh: