PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Bearkat - DD Terry wins SLC POY

blackfordpu
November 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Explosive Bearkat

Terry earns Southland Conference Offensive Player of Year award

By Tom Waddill
Sports Editor

D. D. Terry finally found where he belongs.

In his senior season, Terry moved from linebacker to running back, and on Tuesday he became the second player in Sam Houston State history to be recognized as Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Year by vote of SLC head coaches and sports information directors.

Terry led the Southland Conference and ranked seventh nationally in rushing with 215 carries for 1,328 yards and 15 touchdowns. Terry’s 1,328 yards stands as a Sam Houston State school record.

“I thought D.D. had an outstanding year,” Bearkats coach Todd Whitten said Tuesday. “He’s a really talented guy who had not had much success since he’s been here. So it was great to see him have a great senior year and get the Offensive Player of the Year award.”

Chris Chaloupka, quarterback for the 1999 Sam Houston State football team, is the only other Bearkat to win SLC Offensive Player of the Year honors. Chaloupka and fellow quarterbacks Josh McCown, and Dustin Long won SLC Player of the Year honors in 1999, 2001 and 2004.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_326010751.html

Purple Pride
November 23rd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Actually, Steven Whitehead of McNeese State has been named the 2006 Southland Conference Football Player of the Year.

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2006, 11:24 AM
Actually, Steven Whitehead of McNeese State has been named the 2006 Southland Conference Football Player of the Year.

Correct...

Only time a player won POY and OPOY was Chris Chaloupka of SHSU in 1999... :)

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2006, 09:44 PM

He was named the player of the year. DDT was named offensive player of the year. Did you read the link?

McNeese72
November 23rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
He was named the player of the year. DDT was named offensive player of the year. Did you read the link?

They read the title to the message string you started. Terry didn't win the SLC POY as you had indicated in the title, he won the Offensive POY.

You title is misleading.

Doc

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
They read the title to the message string you started. Terry didn't win the SLC POY as you had indicated in the title, he won the Offensive POY.

You title is misleading.

Doc

Well, if they would have read the article they would have seen that I screwed up wouldn't they. ;) :)

SFA 71
November 23rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
Well, if they would have read the article they would have seen that I screwed up not wouldn't they. ;) :)

??? "that I screwed up not wouldn't they."

:rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
??? "that I screwed up not wouldn't they."

:rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Man, you just look for trouble.