PDA

View Full Version : JMU afraid to play SIU?

Cocky
June 29th, 2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.mariondaily.com/articles/2005/06/29/local_sports/sports02.txt

Kill didn't say anything about a home and home or about how large of a tab.

umassfan
June 29th, 2005, 06:42 PM
By the sounds of it... it seems like a one time game... why would the NCs go play SIU on the road with no return game at their place? Makes no sense here!

ChickenMan
June 29th, 2005, 07:27 PM
For once I agree with umassfan... no way JMU travels to Carbondale without an SIU return trip to Harrisonburg VA. UD/Furman just agreed to a home/home... but I'm sure neither would have signed to play just single game on the road.

RadMann
June 29th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I doubt UD would ever agree to such an arangement, and I'm not sure why JMU would either. UD used to schedule home and home series with I-A programs years ago although that is tougher to do now....

th0m
June 30th, 2005, 05:53 AM
First of all, I don't know why that article calls us a "perennial Division I-AA power", it sounds like we have built up a reputation like Delaware, Montana or GSU in one season. I'd be flattered if this was the truth, but that was just put in there for the sake of the argument that we're 'too good' to schedule them now. Second of all, they make it sound like the only decisive factor was the fact that SIU was too tough. And I'm sure now that we have our attendance up, and want to keep it that way, a one game away series is just not cutting it.

bluehenbillk
June 30th, 2005, 06:48 AM
I see it as a non-issue, JMU ain't going out there without a return trip.

JMU Duke Dog
June 30th, 2005, 07:37 AM
I think if SIU offered to play at JMU in this deal, then the Dukes should take up this offer. Maybe SIU is too scared to play JMU in Bridgeforth Stadium.