PDA

View Full Version : Are TICKETS on-sale for the D-I Football Championship?

Torero Tradition
November 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
Tell me about this Chattanooga, TN. Good time? How much are tickets to the title game? Rumor has it the winner of the Gridiron Classic, will need to pick up their mid-major championship hardware the night before the game. I'm thinking about heading to Chattanooga regardless the outcome of the Gridiron Classic.

Torero Tradition
November 22nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
I figured it out... tickets are on sale...
Anyone interested in purchasing tickets before they know who exactly is in the game can go to the below website. UT-Chattanooga has a neat way to buy game tickets, you can even buy the exact seat you want if it is available by using the pick your own seat option.

http://sabo.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/TicketRequest?eventId=25770&presenter=UTCA&venue=finley&event=

Mr. C
November 22nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
The Sports Network dinner is an invitation-only event the night before the championship game. Jim Harbaugh was there last year to pick up the trophy. There have been tons of threads on here about the pros and cons of Chattanooga. IMO that it is a great experience for FCS fans. Chattanooga is a great place to take your family. Lot's to do.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Last year was fun. The night before there is an open house usually. Coke has a game station set up. Lookout Mountain was nice.

Torero Tradition
November 22nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Looks like you can fly into Atlanta or Nashville... hmmmmm choices to make. :confused:

BDKJMU
November 22nd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Looks like you can fly into Atlanta or Nashville... hmmmmm choices to make. :confused:

You can also fly into Chattanooga, but tickets probably more pricey than Nashville & way more pricey than Atlanta.

Torero Tradition
November 22nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Which bracket is the home bracket for the championship game? How do they determine which side of the bracket will get which side of the stadium, etc.?

chattanoogamocs
November 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Which bracket is the home bracket for the championship game? How do they determine which side of the bracket will get which side of the stadium, etc.?

Typically whatever team is deemed to probably bring the most fans gets the north side ("away" side...across from the skyboxes). The reasoning is to get the most fans on the side that will be televised (make sure it looks good on ESPN). Last year ASU was on the north side.

chiapet9
November 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
chattanooga is amazing. if JMU makes it this year i definitely plan on spending more than 16 hours in the city. last time we left the next morning extremely early. its a cute city though and there's lots of cool stuff.

i'm not sure about the tickets...home/away team stuff. when we played montana neither of us were seeded. montana ended up getting the home side and we were on the visitors side. the home team side is definitely bigger and nicer. if the decide by bracket i'm guessing the bracket with the #1 team would get the home side (unless one team was the #2 or #3 seed and the other team was not seeded - then maybe the seeded team gets the home field over the non-seeded team??)

james_lawfirm
November 22nd, 2006, 07:19 PM
Last year was fun. The night before there is an open house usually. Coke has a game station set up. Lookout Mountain was nice.

Chattanooga was a blast!! It is a family-friendly town. I recommend the Aquarium for the kiddies, if you arrive the night before the game. At the game last year, even the sober people had fun!! One of the neat things about Finley Stadium is that there is this large open warehouse building (roof only, no walls) right beside the stadium. Both App & No. Iowa groups held forth inside. It was a great place to gather after tailgating, but before kickoff.

I far as I am concerned Chattanooga can continue being the host of the Championship game. Last year, ASU did bring more folks probably than UNI. My guess is 10k Apps to 5k UNIs, but there were a sizable number of un-affiliated fans there too. I understood that the Chat. Downtown Assoc. or the Chamber of Commerce really advertised the game locally and there was a large number of locals (~4k - 5k).

A repeat would be nice for ASU, but there should be no illusions that it takes three more wins to get there. There is a bunch of football to play before worrying about getting back to Chatty.:twocents:

JohnStOnge
November 22nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Tell me about this Chattanooga, TN. Good time? How much are tickets to the title game? Rumor has it the winner of the Gridiron Classic, will need to pick up their mid-major championship hardware the night before the game. I'm thinking about heading to Chattanooga regardless the outcome of the Gridiron Classic.

Way to keep a stiff upper lip. In my opinion your team should've gotten an at large selection. I say that because objective systems that did the best job of prediction and retrodiction say so.

Unfortunately, we have an NCAA selection committee that uses subjective opinion rather than objective assessment.

November 22nd, 2006, 08:35 PM
... we have an NCAA selection committee that uses subjective opinion rather than objective assessment.Wow! JSO takes on the committee! :confused:

JohnStOnge
November 23rd, 2006, 07:13 AM
Wow! JSO takes on the committee! :confused:

Hey now...nothing new! You know I've always favored picking some objective mathematical system before the season then letting the chips fall where they may. No chance that's going to happen but I still think it'd be a better and fairer way to do it.

Appstate29
November 23rd, 2006, 07:32 AM
Hey now...nothing new! You know I've always favored picking some objective mathematical system before the season then letting the chips fall where they may. No chance that's going to happen but I still think it'd be a better and fairer way to do it.

I don't agree with that. Computers are all good and well, but there are some things a computer can't predict or guess like a committee can.

Guard Dawg
November 24th, 2006, 12:26 PM
The other things computers can't do.... is follow the money trail. That's why I'm glad we have a committee so we can see their reasons for picking certain teams over others.