PDA

View Full Version : See Lafayette's Fisher Stadium Live Tomorrow @ 9AM

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
On ESPN2 as they will show the 100th game of the Easton PA & Phillipsburg, NJ high school rivalry. Every year it is played at Lafayette's field.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 08:40 AM
:rotateh: :nod:

I am getting up early and taping this one.

ButlerGSU
November 22nd, 2006, 09:41 AM
I saw last weeks game Vs. Lehigh. The stadium looked very nice on CSTV.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 09:43 AM
I saw last weeks game Vs. Lehigh. The stadium looked very nice on CSTV.

Thank you! Many fans have said the same!

Unfortunately it is going to pour tomorrow.

However, you might be able to see Lafayette host a home game vs. UNH/Hampton if we win! :D :rolleyes: :rotateh:

LeopardFan04
November 22nd, 2006, 10:32 AM
I'll be watching/probably taping too!

Go Rovers! :hurray:

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2006, 02:02 PM
There is a front page (A section) story about the Easton -Phillipsburg rivalry in todays USA Today. There is also a female kicker for one of the teams that does stuff from 30 in.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
There is a front page (A section) story about the Easton -Phillipsburg rivalry in todays USA Today. There is also a female kicker for one of the teams that does stuff from 30 in.

Imagine if she misses a game-winner.. oh boy.. she'll set back the female football movement for 40 years... I think Peppermint Pattie was the first female football player though.. so for 40+ years women have tried to get in the game..

ngineer
November 22nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
She's been cool under pressure so far. But any attempt beyond 30 yds they use a guy who made his first kick last Saturday--a 36 yarder with 2 seconds left to win in the District Semis, 17-15.
I've been hearing 'showers' as opposed to heavy rain. That would be a shame--the place has been sold out since the beginning of the season.
Special 'throwback' uniforms are being worn by both teams.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2006, 07:49 AM
This game starts in 15 minutes! 100th of a great tradition!

psc2445
November 23rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
watching right now

th0m
November 23rd, 2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks for bringing this thread back up! Already 3PM here in Europe, so I don't even had to get up early ;)

psc2445
November 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
why do they have the scoreboard offset to one side? is it difficult to see it from the side it is closer too? other than that it looks like a great stadium

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 23rd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Very nice.......

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
why do they have the scoreboard offset to one side? is it difficult to see it from the side it is closer too? other than that it looks like a great stadium

Putting it in the end zone would impact where they are building the new fieldhouse. At the other end, it would have clashed with the Allen Kirby Fieldhouse (basketball, etc) and the Kirbys are major donors.

LehighFan11
November 23rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Im watching the game now. Im surpised P-burg is even somewhat in this game. Espn showed a statisitic saying there were 15,607+ att he game, which i think was more than Lehigh Lafayette. Surpising

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Did the announcers say anything about Lafayette/the Patriot League/the new stadium on the broadcast?

ISUMatt
November 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
Did the announcers say anything about Lafayette/the Patriot League/the new stadium on the broadcast?

No

psc2445
November 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
Putting it in the end zone would impact where they are building the new fieldhouse. At the other end, it would have clashed with the Allen Kirby Fieldhouse (basketball, etc) and the Kirbys are major donors.

gotcha, thanks

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
xlolx Pretty funny how I mention it here, and then after the next commerical break they make a one-sentence mention of Lafayette, the PL, and the playoffs next week.

LFN flexes his muscles... yeah right...

LeopardFan04
November 23rd, 2006, 12:12 PM
Im watching the game now. Im surpised P-burg is even somewhat in this game. Espn showed a statisitic saying there were 15,607+ att he game, which i think was more than Lehigh Lafayette. Surpising

You are right, I think about 300 more than Lafayette/Lehigh...I think the renovations actually limited the crowd this thanksgiving, with the elimination of the track and the construction of the Varsity House...I remember watching in the past that many people would gather in those areas to stand and watch...It did look like there were many people watching from the top of the home stands...

ngineer
November 23rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Lehigh game was 15,207. Looks like the additional were crowded above the east endzone on the stairs and hillside leading up to old Alumni Hall. Next year they may be able to put more temporary stands behind the west endzone when construction is complete. Crowds used to exceed 20,000 when they had the old northern stands that held alot, plus the temps.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I remember the four sets of temps stands - I think it brought it to 17,500?