PDA

View Full Version : LFN's Playoff Picks, 1st Round

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2006, 11:45 PM
Seriously.. what else are you gonna do the day before Thanksgiving?

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

AZGrizFan
November 21st, 2006, 11:50 PM
The only way Montana scores 34 is if the defense scores twice. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Chucktown
November 21st, 2006, 11:50 PM
Only 3 points for the panthers????? (EIU)
ISU's D isnt doing so well, letting up 150 on the ground, and 200 in the air, EIU will def take advantage of that----
They've just got to hope to outscore that offense of ISU's---

HensRock
November 21st, 2006, 11:53 PM
LFN,
Furple is at MSU, not the other way round.

Not bad picks though.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 21st, 2006, 11:59 PM
I think you underestimated the Dukes defense... if the game goes into OT it will be in a defensive struggle.
But........... I still like the outcome!!

LeopardFan04
November 22nd, 2006, 01:21 AM
I really hope we do better than 45-7...

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 08:30 AM
I really hope we do better than 45-7...

Pfff... I detect some jealousy after that thrashing on Saturday. :rolleyes:

Umass74
November 22nd, 2006, 08:37 AM
Lafayette has played well in their last two playoff games.

I expect the game to be a lot closer than 45-7.

mcveyrl
November 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
I'm going to suggest we change our name to the Daisy Dukes. Change the mid-field logo and everything (including the cheerleader unis!). Duke Dog could stay for comic effect, but we'd need to upgrade the mascot position. The psychological advantage would be uncanny. Opposing teams just staring while we ran by.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
I'm going to suggest we change our name to the Daisy Dukes. Change the mid-field logo and everything (including the cheerleader unis!). Duke Dog could stay for comic effect, but we'd need to upgrade the mascot position. The psychological advantage would be uncanny. Opposing teams just staring while we ran by.

Have you considered the effect on your own team?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM

:lmao:

Don't you guys already sell out your stadium? You'll need to expand just to keep up!

JMUfan2008
November 22nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Have you considered the effect on your own team?

we're used to hot girls in little clothes on our campus...64% female....yeah....i'd say it'd have a larger effect on the other team...

LUHawker
November 22nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
I think LFN's UMass-Laf prediction is way off. LC has a team with 2 years of playoff experience and has played well as of late. I think LFN's comments about LC's ability to move the ball against UMass's front seven are good, but they won't get shut down that much. If anything, I think that if LC can "hang around", there could be an upset here.

mcveyrl
November 22nd, 2006, 09:07 AM
we're used to hot girls in little clothes on our campus...64% female....yeah....i'd say it'd have a larger effect on the other team...

Agreed. Plus think of the increased revenue by selling mascot tryout tickets. We could use that money to increase our playoff bid. Lord knows we need to. :D

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2006, 09:11 AM
Duke Dog could stay for comic effect,

I know - you need to change the mascot uniform a little bit, make it look a little more like a Tex Avery cartoon...

http://www.uta.fi/festnews/fn98/tokuvat/punah2.jpg

mcveyrl
November 22nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
I know - you need to change the mascot uniform a little bit, make it look a little more like a Tex Avery cartoon...

http://www.uta.fi/festnews/fn98/tokuvat/punah2.jpg

YES! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
This picture goes in the proposal!

LehighFan11
November 22nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
45-7 is prolly closer than you think. Lafayette's defense is trash. They will get owned by Umass's bigger and faster offense. Lafayette may have some success agaisnt Umass on offense. But, Lafayette playing amazing football v. lehigh, no way they come out and play just as good v. Umass. Lets remember Lafayette is the team who had a 5 game losing streak. 35-10 is more like it.

Hampton86
November 22nd, 2006, 10:01 AM
I think you underestimated the Dukes defense... if the game goes into OT it will be in a defensive struggle.
But........... I still like the outcome!!

2006 VA State Champs!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Please explain.xlolx I MUST be missing something!!!!!

Hampton 10-1:nono:
V.Tech 9-2
JMU 9-2
Christopher Newport 8-3
Virginia Union 7-3
Averett Univ. 7-3
Richmond 6-5
Liberty 6-5
UVA 5-6
NSU 4-7
Hampden-Sydney 4-6
William & Mary 3-8
Ferrum 2-7
Virginia St. 2-8
St. Paul's 2-8
VMI 1-10

bandl
November 22nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
2006 VA State Champs!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Please explain.xlolx I MUST be missing something!!!!!

Hampton 10-1:nono:
V.Tech 9-2
JMU 9-2
Christopher Newport 8-3
Virginia Union 7-3
Averett Univ. 7-3
Richmond 6-5
Liberty 6-5
UVA 5-6
NSU 4-7
Hampden-Sydney 4-6
William & Mary 3-8
Ferrum 2-7
Virginia St. 2-8
St. Paul's 2-8
VMI 1-10
Please explain where '2006 VA State Champs' fits into all this??? Where did that even come from??? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind H86...I turned off the ability to view signatures a while ago, they were getting too large and annoying, so I chose not to be able to view them anymore.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 22nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
Yes, my friend Hampton 86, you are. It's a stupid sig. in my opinion because so few nationally understand what he's getting at.

Last year, UR after beating in state rivals VMI, JMU, W&M, and then Hampton in the playoffs (am I forgetting anyone else?) decided to make "VA State Championship" rings for their players. :nod: xlolx : smh :

His sig. is a knock on that and a specific reference to beating UR this year.

Good luck vs. UNH!

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
45-7 is prolly closer than you think. Lafayette's defense is trash. They will get owned by Umass's bigger and faster offense. Lafayette may have some success agaisnt Umass on offense. But, Lafayette playing amazing football v. lehigh, no way they come out and play just as good v. Umass. Lets remember Lafayette is the team who had a 5 game losing streak. 35-10 is more like it.

Yeah, well... trash kept you in check the entire game... and caused three turnovers... :rolleyes:

Five game losing streak was eons ago... both units are on the same page.

Hampton86
November 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Yes, my friend Hampton 86, you are. It's a stupid sig. in my opinion because so few nationally understand what he's getting at.

Last year, UR after beating in state rivals VMI, JMU, W&M, and then Hampton in the playoffs (am I forgetting anyone else?) decided to make "VA State Championship" rings for their players. :nod: xlolx : smh :

His sig. is a knock on that and a specific reference to beating UR this year.

Good luck vs. UNH!

Thanks. Same to you guys...:nod:

LehighFan11
November 22nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah, well... trash kept you in check the entire game... and caused three turnovers... :rolleyes:

Five game losing streak was eons ago... both units are on the same page.

are you kidding? Lehigh scored 27 points which horrible play calling. Giving up 27 points is horrible unless you played App St or sumone. If Lehigh can put up 27, Umass can easily drop a 40.

cosmo here
November 22nd, 2006, 01:00 PM
are you kidding? Lehigh scored 27 points which horrible play calling. Giving up 27 points is horrible unless you played App St or sumone. If Lehigh can put up 27, Umass can easily drop a 40.

if giving up 27 is horrible, then giving up 49 is just atrocious

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
That game would have been more a blowout if Ort hadnt been stripped of the ball. They would have scored there to make it 35-7, I am sure.

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Back in my day, while I was nursing the ill-effects of the previous evening's overindulgence atop the (formerly) splintered bleachers of Fisher Field, the chant was, "there's always time to lose." During the Putnam/Russo era when I was there, guys like Tony Green used to get Pard football to the brink against Army or Colgate, and then fold like a deck of cards. Whatever.

Lately, however, our minuscule post-prep school on the Delaware has shown a remarkable resiliency against overmatching opponents. I don't hold any illusions of victory against UMass, but I'm confident that they'll hold their own, as once they did against Delaware and, again, against that school in North Carolina (previously unbeknownst to me, I admit) that they played against last year.

While there's still "always time to lose," I'm hoping that I’ll be able to shout out that storied chant well into the second half, with the Pards clinging to a surreptitiously-gained margin. It happens.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Beleive, Bogus. Lehigh had UMass of the brink in 1998 when nobody gave them a chance. Beleive, man.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2006, 04:41 PM
As I' ve posted elsewhere, Lafayette is more than capable of pulling off the upset IF the play like last Saturday. Any letdown and a blowout is certainly possible; but I think Tavani will have them ready--though I don't think he has to do much to do so. They have solid senior leadership and playoff experience. Lehigh went up there in 1998 and had UMass' s backs against the wall on a goaline stand to end the game. LC can do the same. A turnover or two can be a huge difference, and I think LC will take the necessary risks to 'make something happen.' When you are considered such an underdog, there is nothing to lose by taking a few chances and Tavani & co. have shown the ability to do that in the past.

FUtilitspurple
November 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
No way there will be 59 points scored in the FU-MSU game.

LehighFan11
November 22nd, 2006, 05:25 PM
if giving up 27 is horrible, then giving up 49 is just atrocious
I agree, Lehigh's defense is much worse than Lafayette's. But, Umass will score on Lafayette, atleast 30.

redbirdtim
November 22nd, 2006, 07:05 PM
LOL Punthers...xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
I should change "McNeese" to the "Cowpokes". What was I thinking?

rcny46
November 23rd, 2006, 12:47 AM
Back in my day, while I was nursing the ill-effects of the previous evening's overindulgence atop the (formerly) splintered bleachers of Fisher Field, the chant was, "there's always time to lose." During the Putnam/Russo era when I was there, guys like Tony Green used to get Pard football to the brink against Army or Colgate, and then fold like a deck of cards. Whatever.

Lately, however, our minuscule post-prep school on the Delaware has shown a remarkable resiliency against overmatching opponents. I don't hold any illusions of victory against UMass, but I'm confident that they'll hold their own, as once they did against Delaware and, again, against that school in North Carolina (previously unbeknownst to me, I admit) that they played against last year.

While there's still "always time to lose," I'm hoping that I’ll be able to shout out that storied chant well into the second half, with the Pards clinging to a surreptitiously-gained margin. It happens.

Very eloquent post.I thought I was reading something written by Grantland Rice for a moment.Good luck on saturday.I hope that UMass at least knows it was in a game to the end.