PDA

View Full Version : Montana/Mcneese State Cancel 2016-2017 Series

GetEmGriz
June 25th, 2015, 06:00 PM
https://twitter.com/Kyle_Missoulian

Agreed upon in 2009, the series would have sent Montana to Lake Charles in 2016 with McNeese State returning the trip to Missoula in 2017. The original contract was a three-way agreement with Appalachian State. When ASU moved up to the FBS it cancelled its side of the series. Montana and McNeese State then mutually agreed to end their series as well.

Looks like Montana is back on the market for another potential H&H. Wouldn't mind seeing another one with NDSU, but there are other good matchups out there as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 25th, 2015, 06:07 PM

Agreed upon in 2009, the series would have sent Montana to Lake Charles in 2016 with McNeese State returning the trip to Missoula in 2017. The original contract was a three-way agreement with Appalachian State. When ASU moved up to the FBS it cancelled its side of the series. Montana and McNeese State then mutually agreed to end their series as well.

Looks like Montana is back on the market for another potential H&H. Wouldn't mind seeing another one with NDSU, but there are other good matchups out there as well.

THAT ****ING BLOWS! Me and the travel group have been looking forward to this travel for several god damn years now.

MOntana & McNeese, this is bull****. Make your own H&H and who gives a good god damn about what App did? Ah, I need to calm down and read the article before I put too much up on this but this is some really disappointing news man.

clenz
June 25th, 2015, 06:42 PM
McNeese, you know the route to Cedar Falls...so...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
June 25th, 2015, 06:58 PM

Likely won't be NDSU as we already have a 2016/17 deal with EWU. Hope both schools find good games to fill the slots.

Bisonator
June 25th, 2015, 07:03 PM
We need a game for 9/3/16 to replace WCU. Wouldn't mind a H/H with McNeese but it would probably start down there. Just don't "bobcat" us on the return game!

bonarae
June 25th, 2015, 07:18 PM
When was the planned game for 2016? I don't think Ivies have room for even one major-conference FCS given our constricting and restrictive schedule. xsmhx

McNeese72
June 25th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Damn!!! I was looking forward to the tailgating in both places.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2015, 07:36 PM
As much as I'd like to point the finger at Montana wanting to avoid us in week one (because, that's apparently when we're at our best), I'm pretty sure this is a direct result of the recent SLC expansion...

We're starting to sound like the SWAC with minimal room for OOC....

melloware13
June 25th, 2015, 07:42 PM
We have Del. State in Week 1 both years...2016 would need to be in Newark though since we have 2 away OOC games already

AmsterBison
June 25th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Wow, that blows. McNeese State v Montana would have been a good FCS kickoff game at either location.

Nickels
June 25th, 2015, 09:34 PM
As much as I'd like to point the finger at Montana wanting to avoid us in week one (because, that's apparently when we're at our best), I'm pretty sure this is a direct result of the recent SLC expansion...

Yep with 9 SLC games that leaves 2 OOC games each season. One FBS payday and the other likely a cupcake (well supposed to be cupcakes).

AshevilleApp2
June 26th, 2015, 06:11 AM

That makes some sense. I was trying to figure out why App leaving made any difference to Montana and McNeese.

Shame though, it would have been a lot of fun. Some of the most memorable games, tailgating wise, that I went to in Boone were against both teams. Great fan bases who know how to have fun.

Mattymc727
June 26th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Want to come to NH to check out the new digs in 2016 and return game in 2017?

McTailGator
June 26th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Yep with 9 SLC games that leaves 2 OOC games each season. One FBS payday and the other likely a cupcake (well supposed to be cupcakes).

Yea, the SLC sux with 2 of the 3 new additions.

And the 9 game mandate only allows one payday with a FBS, which we must have to balance the budget, and one other game like a D2 that we don't have to have a home and home with.

This sux

Lehigh Football Nation
June 26th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Question - if you're an AD, what would you rather schedule, a H&H with Montana, or two FBS body-bag games?

If I'm in charge of scheduling at Lehigh, I'm trying to figure out how many Montana fans might be willing to fly into Philly, spend some days there (possibly), then come up to Bethlehem to play that football game. Of course a game at Lehigh has to be a day game - is that a deal-breaker?

Sam_Kats
June 26th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Sure wish our guys would pick up the phone. Would be a fun H&H

GetEmGriz
June 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Sure wish our guys would pick up the phone. Would be a fun H&H

fun with Montana, McNeese, or both?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 26th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Want to come to NH to check out the new digs in 2016 and return game in 2017?

Yes.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 26th, 2015, 10:48 AM
fun with Montana, McNeese, or both?

They play McNeese every year H&H so why would that one of the options?

GetEmGriz
June 26th, 2015, 11:12 AM
They play McNeese every year H&H so why would that one of the options?

My bad, I had a brain fart there. xembarrassedx

Catsfan90
June 26th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Yes.
That would be a great game to open the new stadium with. Two traditional powerhouses with one that has an extremely deep fan base. Plus Montana is my #1 place on my list of world places I would give anything to visit.

McNeese75
June 26th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Crap!!!! xconfusedx

Mattymc727
June 26th, 2015, 01:32 PM
After writing to the associated AD of UNH. He responded with this:

"That would be a great game but we’re full in 16 and maybe even 17. Steve"

kdinva
June 26th, 2015, 01:46 PM
....Montana & McNeese, this is bull****. Make your own H&H and who gives a good god damn about what App did?

agree with you...... xslapfightx

(yet, there is always the College of Faith. xspankx

Silenoz
June 26th, 2015, 02:58 PM
What the f. Well I'm sure we'll schedule some "OOC" game against a Big Sky opponent instead. SWEET.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 26th, 2015, 03:58 PM
What the f. Well I'm sure we'll schedule some "OOC" game against a Big Sky opponent instead. SWEET.

That should be the next to last thing we do but it's a good possibility.

Grizalltheway
June 30th, 2015, 01:05 PM
As much as I'd like to point the finger at Montana wanting to avoid us in week one

Good point. Just look at the patsy we have week one of this year. ;)

BisonBacker
June 30th, 2015, 01:42 PM
We need a game for 9/3/16 to replace WCU. Wouldn't mind a H/H with McNeese but it would probably start down there. Just don't "bobcat" us on the return game!

This should be the new term for backing out of the backend of a H/H agreement. This made me chuckle.

GetEmGriz
June 30th, 2015, 02:04 PM
This should be the new term for backing out of the backend of a H/H agreement. This made me chuckle.

I think that's a solid idea. xnodx xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
June 30th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Good point. Just look at the patsy we have week one of this year. ;)

My point was that as much as we hate going to Montana in the winter, your results in this part of the world, week one, have been equally abyssmal...

Plus, we're apparently on fire in week one. Just ask South FLorida and Nebraska. We just can't do **** after that...particularly not in the playoffs..

AshevilleApp2
June 30th, 2015, 03:04 PM
My point was that as much as we hate going to Montana in the winter, your results in this part of the world, week one, have been equally abyssmal...

Plus, we're apparently on fire in week one. Just ask South FLorida and Nebraska. We just can't do **** after that...particularly not in the playoffs..

And App in week 2.