PDA

View Full Version : Cadets Lawson and Roberts earn POTW honors

citdog
November 21st, 2006, 01:20 PM
Junior Cadet Duran Lawson and Knob Roberts earned Southern Conference Offensive Player of the Week and Freshman of the Week honors this week.

Lawson, a second classman from Conway, SC, passed for 223 yards on 16 completions with 2 touchdowns including an 80 yard td to Roberts, a knob from Summerville, SC, that was The Citadel's longest play from scrimmage this season. This is the second POTW honor this season for Lawson and the third overall this season for The Citadel. Junior Cadet Tory Cooper, a running back, has earned the honor two times this season for the Bulldogs.

BestOfBreed
November 21st, 2006, 02:05 PM
The Citadel’s Andre Roberts was Co-Freshman of the Week with Wofford's Ron Flott :)

Flott, a defensive back/punter from Statesboro, Ga. (Southeast Bulloch HS), was called into action for the injured Chris Tommie as the Terriers’ starting punter. The true freshman, appearing in his first game as a punter, averaged 43.8 yards on four punts, including a 51-yard kick for Wofford. Flott also contributed on the special teams in his linebacker role.

Wofford LB Kevin Adleman was named the Southern Conference Defensive Player of the Week.

Adleman, a junior from Mauldin, S.C. (Mauldin HS), anchored the Terrier defense in a 34-17 win over Gardner Webb. The linebacker picked off a Gardner-Webb pass and returned it 76 yards for a touchdown to break a 10-10 tie and gave the Terriers a 17-10 lead just 29 seconds before halftime. Adleman also recovered a fumble that led to the game-tying touchdown earlier in the game. He added three tackles and led a defense that held Gardner-Webb to minus-12 yards rushing and forced seven turnovers.

Congrats to all of them :)

citdog
November 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM
start your own thread lapdog.

AppGuy04
November 21st, 2006, 02:52 PM
Lawson is gonna scare some people next year even more so than this year

BestOfBreed
November 21st, 2006, 02:56 PM
start your own thread lapdog.

Just helping you to point out that Andre Roberts was Co-Freshman of the week and not Freshman of the week. A cadet does not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate those who do. Heck, I would be guilty of toleration if I let it slide :)

citdog
November 21st, 2006, 05:22 PM
Roberts = catching td's

Woffy's = punting

I don't recognise the co player as he is a punter and not a real player.;)

youwouldno
November 21st, 2006, 05:31 PM
The Citadel's only semi-bad loss was to CSU, and Chuck South isn't a horrible team by any means. But if El Cid continues to play 2 I-A games per year, a playoff trip at some point is probably a pipe dream, even though they should continue to improve.

citdog
November 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Only 1 game against, nods at Ralph, "The Bowl Division"? next season. Look out SoCon and CS the 'Dogs are thrusting!

youwouldno
November 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM
Is that going to be the trend from now on? I remember reading about El Cid talking up the 2 I-A games but maybe that was just putting a good face on 2006...

Millwoch
November 22nd, 2006, 11:37 AM
At this point only one next year(Wisconsin), but have an open date we need to fill. i hope we will get a 6th home game and not go on the road against a big boy. then we go back to 2 with UNC, USC, Arizona, Princeton, Clemson in years to come.) It has kept our Athletics dept. running. But now that we are in 1/2 of our new stadium, our attendance number are up. A 6 game would generate even more income.