PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2015 Edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Pant8her
June 17th, 2015, 05:49 PM
According to Sagarins Ratings from the end of last season shows the MVFC is ahead of several FBS conferences, albeit I would dare to say that a few more FCS conference's could and would beat the 13-19 rated conferences head to head and be more than competitive.

So lets see what will happen this year, will the MVFC be able to maintain this high of a rating or will the MVFC have the parity and finally beat themselves down so the other conferences rise up.

Discuss...

6 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) ................= 74.80 74.13 ( 8) 7 74.60 ( 7)
7 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) ..............= 74.79 76.14 ( 6) 6 75.27 ( 6)
8 ACC-COASTAL (A) .................= 74.35 74.78 ( 7) 7 74.54 ( 8)
9 BIG TEN-WEST (A) ................= 73.09 73.11 ( 9) 7 73.10 ( 9)
10 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) ........= 68.49 67.79 ( 10) 4 68.43 ( 10)
11 MWC-MOUNTAIN (A).............= 66.80 66.41 ( 11) 6 66.64 ( 11)
12 MISSOURI VALLEY (AA)....= 64.12 64.35 ( 12) 10 64.34 ( 12)
13 CONFERENCE USA-EAST (A)..= 62.30 63.41 ( 13) 7 62.73 ( 13)
14 MAC-WEST (A) ....................= 61.61 59.95 ( 16) 6 61.09 ( 14)
15 AMERICAN ATHLETIC (A) ..... = 60.88 59.97 ( 15) 11 60.47 ( 16)
16 CONFERENCE USA-WEST (A) = 60.15 61.40 ( 14) 6 60.84 ( 15)
17 MWC-WEST (A) ...................= 57.52 57.13 ( 17) 6 57.24 ( 17)
18 SUN BELT (A) .....................= 55.95 55.78 ( 18) 11 55.89 ( 18)
19 MAC-EAST (A) ....................= 53.09 52.90 ( 19) 7 52.91 ( 19)
20 BIG SOUTH (AA) .................= 52.56 52.56 ( 20) 6 52.57 ( 20)
21 SOUTHERN (AA) .................= 50.54 50.59 ( 21) 8 50.53 ( 21)
22 COLONIAL (AA) ..................= 48.11 48.00 ( 22) 12 48.09 ( 22)
23 SOUTHLAND (AA) ...............= 47.11 44.58 ( 27) 11 47.30 ( 23)
24 BIG SKY (AA)......................= 46.47 47.18 ( 23) 13 46.90 ( 24)
25 OHIO VALLEY (AA)..............= 45.52 45.25 ( 24) 9 45.52 ( 25)
26 I-AA INDEPENDENTS (AA)....= 44.63 44.63 ( 26) 1 44.63 ( 27)
27 PATRIOT (AA).....................= 44.45 44.97 ( 25) 7 44.67 ( 26)
28 NORTHEAST (AA)................= 42.68 41.12 ( 28) 7 42.21 ( 28)
29 IVY LEAGUE (AA)................= 39.84 39.55 ( 29) 8 39.84 ( 29)
30 MID-EASTERN (AA).............= 36.13 35.33 ( 30) 11 35.99 ( 30)
31 SWAC-WEST (AA)...............= 32.11 31.32 ( 32) 5 31.55 ( 32)
32 SWAC-EAST (AA)...............= 31.59 32.23 ( 31) 5 31.78 ( 31)
33 PIONEER (AA)....................= 24.27 24.76 ( 33) 11 24.55 ( 33)

centennial
June 17th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Inb4 people calling the ratings biased. Also this has been discussed in the MVFC thread quite a bit. I don't really expect a lot of regression but do recognize that it still be hard to dominate like last season.

UNIFanSince1983
June 18th, 2015, 11:03 AM
There was plenty of parity last year, and the teams did beat each other up (aside from ISUr and NDSU). What really helped last year was losing like 2 non-conference games to FCS opponents. If we dominate in the non-con again like last year then yes this year's ratings will look very similar. NDSU and ISUr certainly aren't going to fall off this year, so there may very well be two teams with 0 or 1 loss again coming out of the conference since they don't play again this year.

344Johnson
June 18th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Define fall off... Because I don't expect NDSU to have as high of a rating this year. No FBS game.. And a lot of questions on defense especially after what we saw the playoffs.

SDSU also probably won't be as good this season... ISU, who knows. I think some other teams will need to pick up the slack. No idea I on what is going on in other conferences though. Maybe it'll be another year of being significantly better than the rest.

From what I understand, you receive a benefit from playing good teams even if you lose to them right?

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 18th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Define fall off... Because I don't expect NDSU to have as high of a rating this year. No FBS game.. And a lot of questions on defense especially after what we saw the playoffs.

SDSU also probably won't be as good this season... ISU, who knows. I think some other teams will need to pick up the slack. No idea I on what is going on in other conferences though. Maybe it'll be another year of being significantly better than the rest.

From what I understand, you receive a benefit from playing good teams even if you lose to them right?

Keep beating the defense was bad last year drum.....

I'll take last year's "bad" defense any day.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 18th, 2015, 06:12 PM

This.

I'll believe they're down when I see it.

centennial
June 18th, 2015, 06:49 PM

He has been predicting that we won't be as good for a few years.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 18th, 2015, 06:50 PM
He has been hoping that we won't be as good for a few years.

FIFY

344Johnson
June 18th, 2015, 10:27 PM

They weren't bad. They were not good in the playoffs. It didn't end up being a big deal, they still won the games.

Losing a bazillion sacks from Emmanuel.. 3 linebackers... Both safeties.. I'm not claiming they'll be bad. But I expect them to take a step back. Lots of new faces on that side of the ball. Maybe these guys are all super amazing... But chances are there is regression.

He has been predicting that we won't be as good for a few years.

Last season was the first I didn't think they'd be very good. I was expecting 2-4 losses and no championship.

thebootfitter
June 19th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Not really. You receive a benefit from outperforming expectations based on the current week's model. If you are expected to get beat by a team by 50 points, but you only lose by 20, then your rating moves up. If you are expected to win against a team by 50 and only win by 20, then your rating moves down. Strength of schedule and quality of opposition don't directly affect your ratings. How you perform against expectations does.

Edited to add: Even in the above scenarios, it is theoretically possible for your rating to move the opposite direction as I indicated assuming enough other teams outperform expectations even more than you did.

344Johnson
June 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Not really. You receive a benefit from outperforming expectations based on the current week's model. If you are expected to get beat by a team by 50 points, but you only lose by 20, then your rating moves up. If you are expected to win against a team by 50 and only win by 20, then your rating moves down. Strength of schedule and quality of opposition don't directly affect your ratings. How you perform against expectations does.

Thanks for the breakdown. Got it confused with RPI I think.

thebootfitter
June 19th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Last season was the first I didn't think they'd be very good. I was expecting 2-4 losses and no championship.I was thinking two or possibly three losses last year with a very good run at the championship. This year, I'll be surprised if they lose two games, and I think they have the best shot out of all FCS teams to win this year's title. The defense does need to prove itself, though. And then get stronger throughout the season.

mmiller_34
June 19th, 2015, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere but I'll put it here. Below is the MVFC OOC schedule in 2015:

South Dakota State
@ Kansas - L
Southern Utah - W
Robert Morris - W

North Dakota State
@ Montana - W
Weber State - W
North Dakota - W

Northern Iowa
@ Iowa State - W
Eastern Washington - W
@ Cal Poly - W

Illinois State
@ Iowa - L
Morgan State - W
@ Eastern Illinois - W

Youngstown State
@Pitt - L
Robert Morris - W
St. Francis - W

South Dakota
@ Kansas State - L
@ UC Davis - L
Drake - W

Western Illinois
Eastern Illinois - L
@ Illinois - L
@ Coastal Carolina - L

Southern Illinois
@ Indiana - L
@ SE Missouri State - W
Liberty - L

Missouri State
@ Memphis - L
Chadron State - W
@ Arkansas State - L

Indiana State
Butler - W
@ Purdue - L
SE Missouri State - L

According to my completely superficial, no thought predictions. MVFC goes 16-14 in OOC play. 14-5 in FCS OOC play.

centennial
June 19th, 2015, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere but I'll put it here. Below is the MVFC OOC schedule in 2015:

Indiana State vs SE Missouri State - W
SIU vs Liberty- Possible W
MSU vs Ark State- W
WIU vs EIU- W
WIU vs CCU- Possible W
SD vs UC Davis- W
YSU vs Pitt- Possible W
ISUr vs Iowa- Possible W

We could easily go 17-2 in the FCS.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 19th, 2015, 10:05 PM

South Dakota State
@ Kansas - L

I'll be there in my Bison gear but cheering you on, you can't lose.

Lehigh'98
June 20th, 2015, 08:51 AM
The battle for North Dakota bragging rights this year. Should be a doozy!

NoDak 4 Ever
June 20th, 2015, 09:30 AM

I wish it were more of a battle actually. That game used to be so good.

Pant8her
June 20th, 2015, 10:41 AM

South Dakota State
@ Kansas - L
Southern Utah - W
Robert Morris - W

North Dakota State
@ Montana - W
Weber State - W
North Dakota - W

Northern Iowa
@ Iowa State - W
Eastern Washington - W
@ Cal Poly - W

Illinois State
@ Iowa - L
Morgan State - W
@ Eastern Illinois - W

Youngstown State
@Pitt - L
Robert Morris - W
St. Francis - W

South Dakota
@ Kansas State - L
@ UC Davis - L
Drake - W

Western Illinois
Eastern Illinois - L
@ Illinois - L
@ Coastal Carolina - L

Southern Illinois
@ Indiana - L
@ SE Missouri State - W
Liberty - L

Missouri State
@ Memphis - L
Chadron State - W
@ Arkansas State - L

Indiana State
Butler - W
@ Purdue - L
SE Missouri State - L

According to my completely superficial, no thought predictions. MVFC goes 16-14 in OOC play. 14-5 in FCS OOC play.

Good initial analysis and way to get the conversation going involving the other teams...
So, following your example I was going to look at one team at a time for discussion and thoughts...

In alphabetical order Illinois State is up first:

Non-conference (2-1)
wins in bold text

ISU @ Iowa – This will be a tough one to predict, but I would presume UI will win. ISU lost a few key players. Iowa was 7-6 and rated at 48th by Sagarin while ISU was 13-2 and rated 41st by Sagarin at the end of the season. Albeit as it may, the respective competition that each team plays against is vastly different and I would speculate that ISU would likely have a similar record as Iowa if they played the same competition.

Morgan State @ ISU – Morgan State was 7-6 last season and rated 202nd by Sagarin. This should be a relatively easy win for ISU.

ISU @ Eastern Illinois – EIU finished last season at 5-7, but were coming on strong at the end, and was rated at 131st by Sagarin. We also have to consider that EIU played a difficult schedule at the beginning of the season as well including a game against ISU where ISU won 34-15. I would expect a closer game this season, simply because ISU surprised several teams with the unknown players they had, but I will still see ISU winning this game on the road. It will be a good gage to determine how the seasons will play out for them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 20th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Hey mmiller 34.......Jacks are going to beat Kansas. Jayhawks are going to be crap. Jacks play sound defense and that will be a definite benefit in this game...or any game.

344Johnson
June 20th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Hey mmiller 34.......Jacks are going to beat Kansas. Jayhawks are going to be crap. Jacks play sound defense and that will be a definite benefit in this game...or any game.

Jayhawks are usually crap but still probably better than SDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 20th, 2015, 03:36 PM

UND's defense will be their strength this year and will probably get some stops against the Bison early. But the question is, can they do it consistently for the whole game? No way, IMO.

The Bison offense is going to steamroll teams this year and UND will be one of them. The Bison defense needs some young guys to step up, esp at both safety positions....losing 100+ starts with Heagle/Dudzik graduating. But as the season goes along the defense will get better and better. Will they be a defensive team like the '13 Bison defense? Maybe....maybe not. 11-0 regular season is a definite possibility.

NDSU - 49
UND -6

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 20th, 2015, 03:38 PM

Maybe but the Jacks have 10 or 11 guys back on defense....I think.

ZZ 98 yard TD run against the Jacks a few years ago is still awesome to watch.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 20th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Maybe but the Jacks have 10 or 11 guys back on defense....I think.

ZZ 98 yard TD run against the Jacks a few years ago is still awesome to watch.

I saw them almost piss it away to SEMO last year. Won by less than a TD. SDSU is miles ahead of SEMO.

mmiller_34
June 21st, 2015, 09:14 AM

I would love nothing more than to have the Jacks finally beat an FBS team. Each and every season I have watched these games, I have seen moments of greatness from the Jacks. In the end SDSU just never seems to have that mental edge to win one of these FBS games.

I hope I see that confidence out of the Jacks this season. It will be what lifts them from a yearly 7-4, 8-3 team to 9-2 or 10-1 type team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 22nd, 2015, 06:05 PM
Will USD go 0-8 in conference yet again?

More likely than not IMO.

clenz
June 22nd, 2015, 06:16 PM
Will USD go 0-8 in conference yet again?

More likely than not IMO.
I don't see, realistically, who they have a better than 50% odds of beating.

MSU and ISUb are the only teams even kind of close in my eyes and there's a large gap between MSU/ISUb and USD.

I watched probably 6 or 7 of their games closely last year and they really aren't even close to the rest of the conference. Their performance on the field wasn't close and the stats were even further off. I mean MILES off

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 22nd, 2015, 06:34 PM
I don't see, realistically, who they have a better than 50% odds of beating.

MSU and ISUb are the only teams even kind of close in my eyes and there's a large gap between MSU/ISUb and USD.

I watched probably 6 or 7 of their games closely last year and they really aren't even close to the rest of the conference. Their performance on the field wasn't close and the stats were even further off. I mean MILES off

Agree. I'm just waiting for mplsbison to keep insisting that USD is going to " break out " and be a top 3 team in the Valley.

Imo, Glenn is not the guy to take them to the next level. I like him but do not think he's the guy.

Bisonator
June 22nd, 2015, 09:39 PM
USD will be perfect again just like that yote fan predicted!xlolx

Professor Chaos
June 23rd, 2015, 08:22 PM
Most everyone thought ISUb was going to get swept in the MVFC last year too. Just sayin'...

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 23rd, 2015, 08:35 PM
Most everyone thought ISUb was going to get swept in the MVFC last year too. Just sayin'...

Well, go out on a limb and say USD is a playoff team this year. Just sayin....

clenz
June 23rd, 2015, 10:14 PM
Meh. The preseason poll i ran had them and USD close with MSU not far off.

ISU got some very, very, generous 'bounces" last year and were extremely close to a 2, maybe 3, win MVFC team

Professor Chaos
June 24th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Well, go out on a limb and say USD is a playoff team this year. Just sayin....
I'm not saying they'll be a playoff team. I'm saying that there's so many things about the upcoming season we have no idea about right now that it's a lot more unlikely than most of the pundits on this board think that USD will go winless in conference again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2015, 04:25 PM
I'm not saying they'll be a playoff team. I'm saying that there's so many things about the upcoming season we have no idea about right now that it's a lot more unlikely than most of the pundits on this board think that USD will go winless in conference again.

USD has won 3 conference games in 3 seasons....all in 1 season. Until they prove the opposite, I will consider them going winless this year.

We'll see I guess.

clenz
June 25th, 2015, 04:31 PM
USD has won 3 conference games in 3 seasons....all in 1 season. Until they prove the opposite, I will consider them going winless this year.

We'll see I guess.
Been outscored by nearly 3 TDs and out-gained by something like 80-100 yards per game as well.

As I said, if there was reason to believe that they had life I would give them some benefit. Until there's a blip on their heart rate monitor there's no reason to give it a head of time.

Houndawg
June 25th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Been outscored by nearly 3 TDs and out-gained by something like 80-100 yards per game as well.

As I said, if there was reason to believe that they had life I would give them some benefit. Until there's a blip on their heart rate monitor there's no reason to give it a head of time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick off SIU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick off SIU.

No way!! SIU has a ton more talent compared to USD.

344Johnson
June 25th, 2015, 07:15 PM

Stanford was like 40 point dogs to USC about ten years ago and beat them. Weird crap happens. USD is awful though...

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Stanford was like 40 point dogs to USC about ten years ago and beat them. Weird crap happens. USD is awful though...

Yes, anything is possible.

NSIC teams Mankato State, MN-Duluth, St Cloud would beat USD. Augustana and Sioux Falls could even be better......ask UND about SF.

USD has a long way to go before they are an upper tier Valley team.

clenz
June 25th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Yes, anything is possible.

NSIC teams Mankato State, MN-Duluth, St Cloud would beat USD. Augustana and Sioux Falls could even be better......ask UND about SF.

USD has a long way to go before they are an upper tier Valley team.
They have a long way to go before they get out of the bottom 2 on a consistent basis.

I better stop. I don't want to be a hater that ****s on everything and despises everything USD...or some **** like that

Bisonator
June 25th, 2015, 07:57 PM
They have a long way to go before they get out of the bottom 2 on a consistent basis.

I better stop. I don't want to be a hater that ****s on everything and despises everything USD...or some **** like that

LOL haters gonna hatexlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2015, 08:01 PM

You're not "hating", IMO. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious. USD has many recruiting classes to go before they are comparable to the upper tier teams.

2 teams reload: UNI and NDSU....although the Bison are relatively new to the FCS scene. SIU was there with Kill and Lennon....with Kill's recruits. Can SDSU be one of those teams? We'll see.

For all the crap I give to you and other UNI fans, you have to respect UNI's program and their consistency over the years. One of the best FCS programs.

NDSU has raised the bar in the Valley. Farley will try hard to get UNI back on top. For me, as a fan, it is going to be fun watching the battles.

Imo, I'll State will fall back into mediocrity when Roberson and Coprich are gone after this year.

IND State....MSU....USD.....can they be consistent top tier teams? No, imo.

WIU is interesting. Nielson is a good coach but can he bring the necks back to the top? Interesting

YSU?....Pellini will not be around long enough to make a difference imo.

'15 will come down to UNI and NDSU in the Valley.....they might play twice this year.

Professor Chaos
June 25th, 2015, 09:02 PM
'15 will come down to UNI and NDSU in the Valley.....they might play twice this year.
UNI is going to have to pick up their new offense in a hurry against some good competition for that to be the case. They open @Iowa St, vs EWU, @Cal Poly, @Illinois St, and @NDSU. I think this will be another year that they put themselves in playoff mode by early October and they either go on a tear to end the season and be "the unseeded team no one wants to play" in the playoffs or the team that loses one too many games and gets passed up for an at large by a 2-3 loss team from a patsy conference even though they'd probably wipe the field with that team if they met in the playoffs.

clenz
June 26th, 2015, 09:14 AM
UNI is going to have to pick up their new offense in a hurry against some good competition for that to be the case. They open @Iowa St, vs EWU, @Cal Poly, @Illinois St, and @NDSU. I think this will be another year that they put themselves in playoff mode by early October and they either go on a tear to end the season and be "the unseeded team no one wants to play" in the playoffs or the team that loses one too many games and gets passed up for an at large by a 2-3 loss team from a patsy conference even though they'd probably wipe the field with that team if they met in the playoffs.
The nice thing is the defense is going to be damn near every bit as good as last year. There are 6 preseason all American's over there.

The other nice thing is that the offense will get tested early and expose weak points and only play 2 conference games in that time. After that the offense will have the adjustments they need to make just in time to see SIU, MSU, ISUb, USD and WIU and SDSU is between ISUr/NDSU and the rest.

The offense has to replace DJ, which is a HUGE loss for sure. HOWEVER, the QB play litterally can't be worse than it was with Brion running the show. 4 OL return. The WR that were seeing targets at the end of the year are back, and are mostly all 6'1-6'3 in height. One is a All MVC level sprinter. All TEs are back. The reality is if Sawyer is the new QB he is still a 2.5 year starter and a 5th year senior, so it's not like he's overwhelmed at the idea of taking snaps. Dalton Demos was an FCS recruit but played 2 years JUCO and was an AA playing in a system like the new one. Aaron Bailey, from Illinois, has run the same type of offense and played in the B10 so defenses like USD, Iowa State, MSU, ISUb, etc... won't overwhelm him. The running back situation should be okay. Darrian Miller is back and from the sounds of it the 5* transfer from Rutgers has looked every bit a 5* recruit during spring ball.

Early guess from me on UNI is

Sat, Sep 05
Iowa State
Ames, Iowa
L, but a 50/50 toss up

0-1 (0-0)

Sat, Sep 12
Eastern Washington (Hall of Fame)
Cedar Falls, Iowa (UNI-Dome)
W

1-1 (0-0)

Sat, Sep 19
Cal Poly
San Luis Obispo, Calif.
W

2-1 (0-0)

Sat, Oct 03
Illinois State
Normal, Ill.
L

2-2 (0-1)

Sat, Oct 10
North Dakota State
Fargo, N.D.
L

2-3 (0-2)

Sat, Oct 17
Western Illinois (Homecoming)
W

3-3 (1-2)

Sat, Oct 24
South Dakota State
Brookings, S.D.
W about 60% confident

4-3 (2-2)

Sat, Oct 31
South Dakota
W

5-3 ( 3-2)

Sat, Nov 07
Indiana State (Family Weekend)
W

6-3 (4-2)

Sat, Nov 14
Missouri State
Springfield, Mo.
W

7-3 (5-2)

Sat, Nov 21
Southern Illinois (Senior Day)
W

8-3 (6-2)

I see Iowa State and EWU as 50/50, Cal Poly and SDSU I'M 60-70% confident, and I think we'd split ISUr/NDSU if one was at home but both on the road is tough.

Worst case scenario in my head UNI only gets 5 wins and wins 4 conference games.
Best case UNI gets 9 wins and 7 or 8 conference wins

I tend to think this is a 7-4 or 8-3 UNI squad with 2-4 conference losses depending how things fall. I don't see UNI losing again in the regular season after Oct 24th, and outside of SDSU I don't see UNI losing after Oct 10th in the regular season.

I expect UNI to start 10-14 in the polls, fall to unranked by Oct 11 and then climb back to 13 by the end of the year because people will over react to losing to the #1 and #2 teams in the country with 1 other loss to an FBS team or top 10 OOC team

Houndawg
June 26th, 2015, 09:42 AM

We're going to be thin at the skill positions and we haven't upgraded at QB. Two or three injuries on offense and our d is going to be on the field all the time just like last year.

Houndawg
June 26th, 2015, 09:47 AM
The nice thing is the defense is going to be damn near every bit as good as last year. There are 6 preseason all American's over there.

The other nice thing is that the offense will get tested early and expose weak points and only play 2 conference games in that time. After that the offense will have the adjustments they need to make just in time to see SIU, MSU, ISUb, USD and WIU and SDSU is between ISUr/NDSU and the rest.

The offense has to replace DJ, which is a HUGE loss for sure. HOWEVER, the QB play litterally can't be worse than it was with Brion running the show. 4 OL return. The WR that were seeing targets at the end of the year are back, and are mostly all 6'1-6'3 in height. One is a All MVC level sprinter. All TEs are back. The reality is if Sawyer is the new QB he is still a 2.5 year starter and a 5th year senior, so it's not like he's overwhelmed at the idea of taking snaps. Dalton Demos was an FCS recruit but played 2 years JUCO and was an AA playing in a system like the new one. Aaron Bailey, from Illinois, has run the same type of offense and played in the B10 so defenses like USD, Iowa State, MSU, ISUb, etc... won't overwhelm him. The running back situation should be okay. Darrian Miller is back and from the sounds of it the 5* transfer from Rutgers has looked every bit a 5* recruit during spring ball.

Early guess from me on UNI is

Sat, Sep 05
Iowa State
Ames, Iowa
L, but a 50/50 toss up

0-1 (0-0)

Sat, Sep 12
Eastern Washington (Hall of Fame)
W

1-1 (0-0)

Sat, Sep 19
Cal Poly
San Luis Obispo, Calif.
W

2-1 (0-0)

Sat, Oct 03
Illinois State
Normal, Ill.
L

2-2 (0-1)

Sat, Oct 10
North Dakota State
Fargo, N.D.
L

2-3 (0-2)

Sat, Oct 17
Western Illinois (Homecoming)
W

3-3 (1-2)

Sat, Oct 24
South Dakota State
Brookings, S.D.
W about 60% confident

4-3 (2-2)

Sat, Oct 31
South Dakota
W

5-3 ( 3-2)

Sat, Nov 07
Indiana State (Family Weekend)
W

6-3 (4-2)

Sat, Nov 14
Missouri State
Springfield, Mo.
W

7-3 (5-2)

Sat, Nov 21
Southern Illinois (Senior Day)
W

8-3 (6-2)

I see Iowa State and EWU as 50/50, Cal Poly and SDSU I'M 60-70% confident, and I think we'd split ISUr/NDSU if one was at home but both on the road is tough.

Worst case scenario in my head UNI only gets 5 wins and wins 4 conference games.
Best case UNI gets 9 wins and 7 or 8 conference wins

I tend to think this is a 7-4 or 8-3 UNI squad with 2-4 conference losses depending how things fall. I don't see UNI losing again in the regular season after Oct 24th, and outside of SDSU I don't see UNI losing after Oct 10th in the regular season.

I expect UNI to start 10-14 in the polls, fall to unranked by Oct 11 and then climb back to 13 by the end of the year because people will over react to losing to the #1 and #2 teams in the country with 1 other loss to an FBS team or top 10 OOC team

Pretty good picks, I think you're more likely to go 6-5/5-3.

Cal Poly sneaks up on you after the big win vs EWU.

clenz
June 26th, 2015, 09:47 AM
You're not "hating", IMO. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious. USD has many recruiting classes to go before they are comparable to the upper tier teams.

The real funny thing is I do the same thing with every school, and all of a sudden yesterday it became an issue with BisonBacker. I'm sorry that some NDSU fans still hold it against me that I pointed out they wouldn't ever get into the MVC unless there was a MAJOR shift a couple years ago. Turns out nothing I said was hateful, it was the truth then and is the truth now. NDSU fans are happy in the Summit now because the can be the big fish in a small pond and get NCAA/fight with SDSU for them because the rest of the conference isn't NCAA quality. That's perfectly fine. A perfect example of what I was talking about happened when Loyola was added and then when we thought UAB was a possibility. Pointing out the truth, if it isn't bowing down to the all mighty NDSU, really seems to offend a sizable portion of the NDSU fan base. The sad thing is, NDSU has clearly been the class of the FCS the last 4 years and still has the thinnest skin of any fan base. That's not me hating NDSU. That's not me ****ting on NDSU. That's not me be jealous of NDSU. That's NONE of those things. I'm MUCH harder on MSU, ISUb, USD and YSU than I could ever come close to being on NDSU. The funny thing is I hear the same complaints from EVERY MVFC school but when I say things about programs that aren't "theirs" then it's "Man, that's a really good opinion. I respect your opinion." but the second I have an opinion on your school it's "Dear god, why are you such a douche/troll/hater?" As proof, all it took on two threads the last two days to draw the ire of about 8 NDSU fans was to say "UNI beat NDSU by 3 scores" and have no other opinion beyond that in the post and to say "NDSU isn't close the B12s radar and Texas will never sign off on anything Fargo." Take a step back and think how silly it is for me to receive the "hate" I did for those comments. What I've noticed about NDSU fans, much more than any other fan base outside of App State, is the inability for a good chunk of the fan base to separate themselves from the team. Any perceived slight at the program hits the fans as a personal attack and them and their mother.

To compare, I just said USD isn't even close to not being the worst team in the MVFC and I get told by you, who was in the group I mentioned above the last two days, that I'm not hating and I'm just telling the truth.

YSU fans cry the most about me hating them, yet everything I say is true and most of my predictions on where they will finish the season are pretty damn accurate.

Back on USD. They might steal a game or two this year. The reality is, they aren't even close in the MVFC.

Professor Chaos
June 26th, 2015, 09:51 AM
A very plausible outcome. I think UNI really got the shaft getting sent on the road to the conference's two top teams right away to start the conference schedule. If they drop both not only do their playoff hopes take a hit but their end of season tie breaker scenarios go severely out of their favor (especially considering NDSU and IlSU don't have to play each other). It seems like their best case scenario is to be in the 10-12 ranked range going into the playoffs meaning they'll likely be on the road after the first round.

clenz
June 26th, 2015, 09:55 AM
A very plausible outcome. I think UNI really got the shaft getting sent on the road to the conference's two top teams right away to start the conference schedule. If they drop both not only do their playoff hopes take a hit but their end of season tie breaker scenarios go severely out of their favor (especially considering NDSU and IlSU don't have to play each other). It seems like their best case scenario is to be in the 10-12 ranked range going into the playoffs meaning they'll likely be on the road after the first round.
UNI will host any game they don't play a seed. I don't remember the list time UNI played a road conference game that wasn't against a "higher seed". UNI is with Montana, NDSU, Montana State and maybe a couple other that will never play a road game unless it's mandated by seed.

I hate the way the schedule broke down for UNI. ISU, SDSU and NDSU all at home and on the road in the same season just sucks. It's completely unbalanced and makes selling season tickets a complete pain the ass during the off years

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 26th, 2015, 10:15 AM
The real funny thing is I do the same thing with every school, and all of a sudden yesterday it became an issue with BisonBacker. I'm sorry that some NDSU fans still hold it against me that I pointed out they wouldn't ever get into the MVC unless there was a MAJOR shift a couple years ago. Turns out nothing I said was hateful, it was the truth then and is the truth now. NDSU fans are happy in the Summit now because the can be the big fish in a small pond and get NCAA/fight with SDSU for them because the rest of the conference isn't NCAA quality. That's perfectly fine. A perfect example of what I was talking about happened when Loyola was added and then when we thought UAB was a possibility. Pointing out the truth, if it isn't bowing down to the all mighty NDSU, really seems to offend a sizable portion of the NDSU fan base. The sad thing is, NDSU has clearly been the class of the FCS the last 4 years and still has the thinnest skin of any fan base. That's not me hating NDSU. That's not me ****ting on NDSU. That's not me be jealous of NDSU. That's NONE of those things. I'm MUCH harder on MSU, ISUb, USD and YSU than I could ever come close to being on NDSU. The funny thing is I hear the same complaints from EVERY MVFC school but when I say things about programs that aren't "theirs" then it's "Man, that's a really good opinion. I respect your opinion." but the second I have an opinion on your school it's "Dear god, why are you such a douche/troll/hater?" As proof, all it took on two threads the last two days to draw the ire of about 8 NDSU fans was to say "UNI beat NDSU by 3 scores" and have no other opinion beyond that in the post and to say "NDSU isn't close the B12s radar and Texas will never sign off on anything Fargo." Take a step back and think how silly it is for me to receive the "hate" I did for those comments. What I've noticed about NDSU fans, much more than any other fan base outside of App State, is the inability for a good chunk of the fan base to separate themselves from the team. Any perceived slight at the program hits the fans as a personal attack and them and their mother.

To compare, I just said USD isn't even close to not being the worst team in the MVFC and I get told by you, who was in the group I mentioned above the last two days, that I'm not hating and I'm just telling the truth.

YSU fans cry the most about me hating them, yet everything I say is true and most of my predictions on where they will finish the season are pretty damn accurate.

Back on USD. They might steal a game or two this year. The reality is, they aren't even close in the MVFC.

I don't disagree with what you wrote. My issue was from years past when the Bison first joined the Valley. Your negative NDSU salvos really showed through. Now that has definitely softened over the last few seasons but with all of the Bison fans on here, any perceived "slight to NDSU" will get numerous responses. Product of the amount of fans on here.

I enjoy your posts. You dig up numbers and facts about anything and make discussions interesting. Everyone gets a little over the top sometimes and I'm no exception. There have been a few on here that I would have loved to knock thru a wall.

It should be a fun season.

dewey
June 26th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Was it the 2012 UNI team that had another brutal start to the season and were basically out of the playoffs by early October? Another brutal early scheudle for UNI. Good anlysis of your team Clenz. What is your thought on where the preseason MVFC rankings have UNI...3? Behind NDSU and ISU?

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 26th, 2015, 10:21 AM
My mid summer guess on the Valley in 15:

NDSU
UNI
I'll State
WIU
SDSU
YSU
SIU
IND State
MSU
USD

clenz
June 26th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Was it the 2012 UNI team that had another brutal start to the season and were basically out of the playoffs by early October? Another brutal early scheudle for UNI. Good anlysis of your team Clenz. What is your thought on where the preseason MVFC rankings have UNI...3? Behind NDSU and ISU?

Dewey
2012 was a rough start.

@ Wisconsin - 5 point loss
vs D2
@ Iowa - 12 point loss, was 1 score until last 5 minutes
@ YSU - 1 score loss and a major clock malfunction cost UNI 1 more play from the YSU 15
vs NDSU - L
@ SIU - L

Win 4 of last 5

The issue there was Savannah State backed out of a game in March/April and D2 was all that was left and we lost 3 defensive starters against Iowa. 2012 and 2013 the team ended up losing something like 5-8 starters each year and 2013 saw UNI lose 5-7 back ups on top of the starters

I think UNI can finish third. It will all hinge on the SDSU game I think.

I've got:
NDSU
ISUr
UNI/SDSU/WIU all real close and maybe tied
YSU
SIU
MSU
ISUb
USD

The defense, like most years, will carry UNI this year. I have hope for the offense to get there though. The new OC has complete control and isn't afraid to try new things. It's going to be a very nice change from the predictable off tackle, off tackle, dive, off tackle, 20 yard out, dive, dive, fly route, off tackle, off tackle

BisonTru
June 26th, 2015, 01:06 PM
With all of the Bison fans on here, any perceived "slight to NDSU" will get numerous responses. Product of the amount of fans on here.

This ^^^^

My mid summer guess on the Valley in 15:

NDSU
UNI
I'll State
WIU
SDSU
YSU
SIU
IND State
MSU
USD

I'm not sold on UNI until I see who plays QB and how well they do as well as their new offense. Even with good QB play I can't put them in front of ISUr, for now.

My guess:
NDSU
ISUr
SDSU
UNI
WIU
YSU
ISUb
SIU
MSU
USD

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 26th, 2015, 02:53 PM
This ^^^^

I'm not sold on UNI until I see who plays QB and how well they do as well as their new offense. Even with good QB play I can't put them in front of ISUr, for now.

My guess:
NDSU
ISUr
SDSU
UNI
WIU
YSU
ISUb
SIU
MSU
USD

Good point for sure. I have UNI 2nd because they have a lot back on defense and they are usually pretty good defensively.

Plus, I think WIU is going to be pretty good.

It will be interesting to see how SDSU does offensively. Sumner and ZZ were their whole offense and will be tough to replace.

IBleedYellow
June 26th, 2015, 03:09 PM
I want to know how much of a keystone the big boy Williams was for UNI. He single handedly destroyed NDSU last year on a level I haven't seen in years.

BisonTru
June 26th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Good point for sure. I have UNI 2nd because they have a lot back on defense and they are usually pretty good defensively.

Plus, I think WIU is going to be pretty good.

It will be interesting to see how SDSU does offensively. Sumner and ZZ were their whole offense and will be tough to replace.

SDSU and UNI have the same question marks? Who plays QB? Who carries the ball?

Both probably do a running back by committee to some extent.

At QB I like Lujan a little better than the options UNI has. Of course outside of Kollmorgen I haven't seen the others play, so take that for what its worth.

clenz
June 26th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I want to know how much of a keystone the big boy Williams was for UNI. He single handedly destroyed NDSU last year on a level I haven't seen in years.
The thing is, that's always a strength at UNI. You want to talk about reloading a position

Before Xavier Williams was Ben Boothby...you know...this guy...the one that helped hold NDSU to -42 yards rushing in a game...went to the same high school as David Johnson
http://www.panthersportstalk.com/video/1112/Thumb/BenBoothby.jpg

2 time All American
2 time All Conference
3 time ESPN All District
Was top 3 in sacks and TFL in the conference his JR and SR seasons
Something like 18 sacks, 15 QB hits and 35-40 TFL his JR and SR seasons

Before Ben Boothby was 6'6 305lb Everette Pedescleaux who was an All American and first team MVC player that spent time in the NFL. Ran a sub 5 40. Was rated as a top 20 DT in the 2009 draft

Before that was Chuck Kinney

Those guys all go with guys like James Ruffin, Jordan Lacy, Mark Huygens, Darren Branch, Chris Jepsen, August Hadenfeldt, Sam Tim, Collin Albrect, Brett McMakin, Isaac Ales, Ronelle McNeil who were all All American/All Conference/All Distrct guys on the DL with them...or in the case of McNeil and McMakin (who is actually a rush end/backer hybrid) will be All Conference/American if they can stay healthy.

The front 7 on UNI's defense has a list of All Conference/All Americans/CPOY in the last 10-15 years that is quite long

mmiller_34
June 27th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I see some people pretty high on Western this season. Just curious what this is based on what? Their end of the season win agains Indiana State last season? WIU has won 5 games against MVFC competition the past two seasons (USD x2, ISU(B) x 2, and Youngstown State.

Someone educate me why they think WIU will be middle/high tier MVFC team this year.

I could see them being better than USD and maybe MSU. But I think SIU, YSU, and Indiana State are better at this point.

clenz
June 27th, 2015, 10:48 AM
What about ISUB gives you hope? Look who they lost and look how many breaks they caught to win every close game last year. Law of averages will catch them.

The talent WIU has is better than anyone not from Iowa or Dakotas. They were extremely young last year, extremely young.

mmiller_34
June 27th, 2015, 11:43 AM
What about ISUB gives you hope? Look who they lost and look how many breaks they caught to win every close game last year. Law of averages will catch them.

The talent WIU has is better than anyone not from Iowa or Dakotas. They were extremely young last year, extremely young.

Did Perish graduate from Indiana State?

clenz
June 27th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Did Perish graduate from Indiana State?
Yes

2010 RS at WMU
2011 rode pine ar WMU
Started 3 years at ISUB

AmsterBison
June 27th, 2015, 11:55 AM
The talent WIU has is better than anyone not from Iowa or Dakotas. They were extremely young last year, extremely young though.

Their defense wasn't young. And JC Baker was a senior. Gotta like that their offensive line is likely to be 4 seniors and a junior.

Factoid: WIU and NDSU have met 6 times and the home team has yet to win.

Houndawg
June 28th, 2015, 03:44 AM
I see some people pretty high on Western this season. Just curious what this is based on what? Their end of the season win agains Indiana State last season? WIU has won 5 games against MVFC competition the past two seasons (USD x2, ISU(B) x 2, and Youngstown State.

Someone educate me why they think WIU will be middle/high tier MVFC team this year.

I could see them being better than USD and maybe MSU. But I think SIU, YSU, and Indiana State are better at this point.

WIU will finish ahead of SIU this year.

clenz
June 28th, 2015, 10:41 AM
WIU will finish ahead of SIU this year.
I'd like to think SIU is a top half team, but they just looked like a team that's quit on their coach as the year went on

underdawg
June 28th, 2015, 01:42 PM
He meant WIU will be second, SIU thirdhttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/icons/icon7.png

Pant8her
July 7th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Well someone brought out the Massey Ratings and once again the MVFC is rated too high.

;)

Team
Record
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=279541)
Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)
0-0

Illinois St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3449&s=279541)
0-0

Northern Iowa (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5641&s=279541)
0-0

S Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7268&s=279541)
0-0

Youngstown St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=9217&s=279541)
0-0

Indiana St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3509&s=279541)
0-0

S Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7339&s=279541)
0-0

W Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8754&s=279541)
0-0

Missouri St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4970&s=279541)
0-0

South Dakota (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7262&s=279541)
0-0

Is this true that six of the top ten are MVFC teams?
Nine of the top 15, well we will see by the end of the 2015 season.

mmiller_34
July 8th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Well someone brought out the Massey Ratings and once again the MVFC is rated too high.

;)

Team
Record
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=279541)
0-0

Illinois St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3449&s=279541)
0-0

Northern Iowa (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5641&s=279541)
0-0

S Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7268&s=279541)
0-0

Youngstown St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=9217&s=279541)
0-0

Indiana St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3509&s=279541)
0-0

S Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7339&s=279541)
0-0

W Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8754&s=279541)
0-0

Missouri St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4970&s=279541)
0-0

South Dakota (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7262&s=279541)
0-0

Is this true that six of the top ten are MVFC teams?
Nine of the top 15, well we will see by the end of the 2015 season.

Midwest bias, I'm sure.

underdawg
July 9th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Does midwest bias counter southern speed?

clenz
July 26th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Potentially big blow to USD attempts at winning a D1 game this year....and sad story for Earl.

Starting senior QB for the Yotes, Kevin Earl, forced to call it quits due to back injuries

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blogs/mattzimmer/2015/07/24/sdsu-usf-augie-football-first-look/30571263/

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Potentially big blow to USD attempts at winning a D1 game this year....and sad story for Earl.

Starting senior QB for the Yotes, Kevin Earl, forced to call it quits due to back injuries

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blogs/mattzimmer/2015/07/24/sdsu-usf-augie-football-first-look/30571263/

Big blow for the Yoties. Seemed that Earl was the type of player to get USD out of the dark. It will be interesting to see how USD responds.

frozennorth
July 26th, 2015, 02:35 PM
That stings, earl was a pretty legit qb

NoDak 4 Ever
July 26th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Big blow for the Yoties. Seemed that Earl was the type of player to get USD out of the dark. It will be interesting to see how USD responds.

How do you think he hurt his back? Carrying the team must have been hard.

dewey
July 26th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Sounds like the MVFC will release the preseason poll and all conference team Monday July 27th.

Here is Dom Izzo, one of the best reporters at covering the FCS, WDAY sports reporter in Fargo.
Here is a link.
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/my-missouri-valley-ballot/

The Missouri Valley will release its preseason poll and all-conference team on Monday, I had the privilege of voting on each of these, and much like last year with the Sports Network Top 25 Poll, I’ll make my votes public. The one difference with the preseason Valley poll as opposed to the postseason is that I am allowed to vote for the team that I cover, this being NDSU. Feel free to rip if you need to.

Preseason Poll

1. NDSU*

2. Illinois State

3. Youngstown State

4. Northern Iowa

5. Southern Illinois

6. SDSU

7. Indiana State

8. Western Illinois

9. Missouri State

10. South Dakota

Preseason All-Conference Team

OFFENSE

QB – Carson Wentz, NDSU

RB – Marshaun Coprich, Illinois State

RB – Martin Ruiz, Youngstown State

FB – Andrew Bonnet, NDSU

WR – Jake Wieneke, *SDSU

WR – Lance Lenoir, Western Illinois

TE – Luke Albers, *NDSU

OL – Joe Haeg, NDSU

OL – Robert Booker, Missouri State

OL – Justin Spencer, Youngstown State

OL – Zack Johnson, NDSU

OL – Sam Ellifrits, Missouri State

LS – James Fisher, NDSU

K – Michael Schmadeke, Northern Iowa

DEFENSE

DL – Terrell Williams, Youngstown State

DL – Teddy Corwin, Illinois State

DL – Derek Rivers, Youngstown State

DL – Cole Langer, SDSU

LB – Pat Meehan, Illinois State

LB – Connor Underwood, Indiana State

LB – T.J. Lally, SDSU

LB – Nick DeLuca, NDSU

DB – Tim Kilfoy, Northern Iowa

DB – Mark Sewall, Indiana State

DB – Deiondre Hall, Northern Iowa

DB – CJ Smith, NDSU

P – * *Ben LeCompte, NDSU

Return – Lemonte Booker, Indiana State

underdawg
July 26th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Sounds like the MVFC will release the preseason poll and all conference team Monday July 27th.

Here is Dom Izzo, one of the best reporters at covering the FCS, WDAY sports reporter in Fargo.
Here is a link.
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/my-missouri-valley-ballot/

The Missouri Valley will release its preseason poll and all-conference team on Monday, I had the privilege of voting on each of these, and much like last year with the Sports Network Top 25 Poll, I’ll make my votes public. The one difference with the preseason Valley poll as opposed to the postseason is that I am allowed to vote for the team that I cover, this being NDSU. Feel free to rip if you need to.

Preseason Poll

1. NDSU*

2. Illinois State

3. Youngstown State

4. Northern Iowa

5. Southern Illinois

6. SDSU

7. Indiana State

8. Western Illinois

9. Missouri State

10. South Dakota

Preseason All-Conference Team

OFFENSE

QB – Carson Wentz, NDSU

RB – Marshaun Coprich, Illinois State

RB – Martin Ruiz, Youngstown State

FB – Andrew Bonnet, NDSU

WR – Jake Wieneke, *SDSU

WR – Lance Lenoir, Western Illinois

TE – Luke Albers, *NDSU

OL – Joe Haeg, NDSU

OL – Robert Booker, Missouri State

OL – Justin Spencer, Youngstown State

OL – Zack Johnson, NDSU

OL – Sam Ellifrits, Missouri State

LS – James Fisher, NDSU

K – Michael Schmadeke, Northern Iowa

DEFENSE

DL – Terrell Williams, Youngstown State

DL – Teddy Corwin, Illinois State

DL – Derek Rivers, Youngstown State

DL – Cole Langer, SDSU

LB – Pat Meehan, Illinois State

LB – Connor Underwood, Indiana State

LB – T.J. Lally, SDSU

LB – Nick DeLuca, NDSU

DB – Tim Kilfoy, Northern Iowa

DB – Mark Sewall, Indiana State

DB – Deiondre Hall, Northern Iowa

DB – CJ Smith, NDSU

P – * *Ben LeCompte, NDSU

Return – Lemonte Booker, Indiana State

Pretty amazing that you had us at 5th when we have NO ONE on the all-conference teams at all--but thanks I think our local reporter picked his own team the Salukis at eighth!

PantherRob82
July 26th, 2015, 04:42 PM
I find it hard to be that high on YSU at this point. 3-7 could probably be argued as interchangeable.

dewey
July 26th, 2015, 07:39 PM
I find it hard to be that high on YSU at this point. 3-7 could probably be argued as interchangeable.

I totally agree. Indiana State returns a lot on defense but lost their quarterback. SDSU lost Zach Zenner and Sumner. However Sumner missed quite few games with an injury but they have been really solid the last 5 years.

How does everyone else's MVFC preseason rankings go?

I would say:
1. NDSU
2. Illinois State
3. Northern Iowa
4. Youngstown State
5. South Dakota State
6. Indiana State
7. Western Illinois
8. Southern Illinois
9. Missouri State
10 South Dakota

Dewey

frozennorth
July 26th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking:

Ndsu
isu
uni
Sdsu
ysu
wiu
msu
isu
Siu
usd

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Tough break for Earl.

My 2$ on the Valley in '15:

NDSU
UNI
Ill State
WIU
SDSU
YSU
SIU
Ind State
MSU
USD

This might change again later.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2015, 08:53 PM

I don't think Pellini will do much at YSU but I could be wrong. I don't think he'll be there long enough to establish his identity with the program.

BisonTru
July 26th, 2015, 08:54 PM
I totally agree. Indiana State returns a lot on defense but lost their quarterback. SDSU lost Zach Zenner and Sumner. However Sumner missed quite few games with an injury but they have been really solid the last 5 years.

How does everyone else's MVFC preseason rankings go?

I would say:
1. NDSU
2. Illinois State
3. Northern Iowa
4. Youngstown State
5. South Dakota State
6. Indiana State
7. Western Illinois
8. Southern Illinois
9. Missouri State
10 South Dakota

Dewey

Dewey

Swap SDSU and UNI and my rankings would be identical.

I'm higher on SDSU than most. They return most of their defense and Lujan looks decent at QB. I don't think replacing Zenner will be a monumental task. Could be biased a bit considering some of his performances against NDSU.

All in all, I think SDSU, UNI, and YSU are pretty interchangeable at this point.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2015, 08:57 PM

I'm higher on SDSU than most. They return most of their defense and Lujan looks decent at QB. I don't think replacing Zenner will be a monumental task. Could be biased a bit considering some of his performances against NDSU.

All in all, I think SDSU, UNI, and YSU are pretty interchangeable at this point.

You be right with SDSU but IMO, I think they take a step back this year. Sumner and ZZ were their offense last year and replacing them will be tough. Lujan was decent but ZZ was a key for every team that played them and now he is gone.

Could be totally wrong though.

clenz
July 26th, 2015, 09:20 PM

You can say the same for UNI to keep them over SDSU.

1. Need to replace DJ but have a 5* and 4* running back combo in Higgins and Miller

2. Kollmorgen started for 2.5 years (and had damn good numbers in that time) before taking the blame that should have gone to Coach Verduzco and Salmon for their complete mismanagement of the UNI offense. After the season people realized this (especially when Sawyer almost ...kinda...saved the playoff game in one half). If it's not him it's a JUCO AA or 4* Big 10 transfer to lead the new offense, which according to early reports is really damn good.

3. Defense returns the top secondary in the conference, boasting 2 All Americans in it. The linebackers are lead by a kid who would have been AC and AA had he nit injured himself halfway through the year (he's on a good share of preseason watch and award lists right now). Oh...there's another Farley playing LB at UNI that's widely considered the best one yet (not bad praise given how good his dad and older brother were). The DL returns one of the top DE in the nation in Ales and a monster DT that will run the conference lime Xavier did by the time he graduates in Preston Woods (NDSU sure wanted him pretty bad last year out of HS).

I actually have very few questions about UNI right now other than if the new offense will click quick enough to not bury the team record wise before the season is 25% done

BisonTru
July 26th, 2015, 09:51 PM
You can say the same for UNI to keep them over SDSU.

1. Need to replace DJ but have a 5* and 4* running back combo in Higgins and Miller

2. Kollmorgen started for 2.5 years (and had damn good numbers in that time) before taking the blame that should have gone to Coach Verduzco and Salmon for their complete mismanagement of the UNI offense. After the season people realized this (especially when Sawyer almost ...kinda...saved the playoff game in one half). If it's not him it's a JUCO AA or 4* Big 10 transfer to lead the new offense, which according to early reports is really damn good.

3. Defense returns the top secondary in the conference, boasting 2 All Americans in it. The linebackers are lead by a kid who would have been AC and AA had he nit injured himself halfway through the year (he's on a good share of preseason watch and award lists right now). Oh...there's another Farley playing LB at UNI that's widely considered the best one yet (not bad praise given how good his dad and older brother were). The DL returns one of the top DE in the nation in Ales and a monster DT that will run the conference lime Xavier did by the time he graduates in Preston Woods (NDSU sure wanted him pretty bad last year out of HS).

I actually have very few questions about UNI right now other than if the new offense will click quick enough to not bury the team record wise before the season is 25% done

1. DJ was a much better back than Zenner and a lot of NFL scouts agree with me there. Hell, I bet you agree with me on that one as well. Nonetheless I'm not that concerned about you guys finding someone to carry the rock.

2. QB. This is where I am concerned. I'm confident SDSU will start Lujan and probably get "ok" to "good" play from him depending on how he has improved during the off season. I'm not confident naming a starting QB week 1 for UNI. You probably know more about what the coaches are thinking on this than I do. What I know is Kollmorgan got benched last year and the coaches brought in a couple transfers during the offseason. That doesn't scream "we are confident in Kollmorgan." If one of these transfers is a Tre Robinson, the sky is the limit, but until I see them play, I'm skeptical of what UNI might get from the QB spot.

3. Farley and Williams will be missed, but UNI does have some some very talented kids returning on the defensive side. SDSU lost less in terms of starters lost, but UNI probably was a more talented defense last year to begin with. I expect both squads to field impressive defenses.

dewey
July 26th, 2015, 10:17 PM
I tried to find a team by team schedule grid as it would be nice to look at each team on a game by game basis.

It sure does appear that the top 2 teams (NDSU and Illinois State) are one tier and then 3 to 7 ( YSU, SDSU, UNI, Western Illinois and Indiana State) appear to be a second tier and then Missouri State, South Dakota and Southern Illinois in the 8 to 10 range. However Illinois State was, IIRC, preseason #6 last year so....

Dewey

clenz
July 26th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Kollmorgen's benching was not because of him. I know from the outside that's very tough to see, but he took the fall for Verduzco. He averaged over 200 yards per game and a roughly 2:1 td:int (I believe). The play caller wasn't giving the ball to DJ. He averaged about 15 total touches per game in Sawyer's starts. There was a massive shake up internally after the SDSU game and from that point on DJ saw 30 touches per game. Sawyer saw 2 quaters of action in that offense and threw for 225ish yards and 2 scores.

Verduzco is gone. Co OC Salmon was demoted to position coach. In comes a new OC. Of course he's going to bring as many of his types of guys in to compete. Sawyer came out of spring ball the clear number 1 and looked good in the process. He has been an All Conference player for a reason in the past.

If Sawyer is your, or anyones, biggest concern, UNI is in really damn good shape

dewey
July 26th, 2015, 10:39 PM
The DL returns one of the top DE in the nation in Ales and a monster DT that will run the conference lime Xavier did by the time he graduates in Preston Woods (NDSU sure wanted him pretty bad last year out of HS).

I did some digging and I saw that UND wanted Woods pretty bad out of high school but I couldn't find much linking him and NDSU. FWIW. Not that it matters too much.

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2014/02/06/class-of-2014-review/

Dewey

BisonTru
July 26th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Kollmorgen's benching was not because of him. I know from the outside that's very tough to see, but he took the fall for Verduzco. He averaged over 200 yards per game and a roughly 2:1 td:int (I believe). The play caller wasn't giving the ball to DJ. He averaged about 15 total touches per game in Sawyer's starts. There was a massive shake up internally after the SDSU game and from that point on DJ saw 30 touches per game. Sawyer saw 2 quaters of action in that offense and threw for 225ish yards and 2 scores.

Verduzco is gone. Co OC Salmon was demoted to position coach. In comes a new OC. Of course he's going to bring as many of his types of guys in to compete. Sawyer came out of spring ball the clear number 1 and looked good in the process. He has been an All Conference player for a reason in the past.

If Sawyer is your, or anyones, biggest concern, UNI is in really damn good shape

Not so much concerned with Kollmorgan, but more concerned with Farley's confidence in Sawyer. Even if he wins the job coming out of fall camp I'm not confident he holds the job if he struggles at all with two brand new shiny transfers on the sideline.

Again, I have SDSU, YSU, and UNI very close at this point.

Here's where I'm very confident: UNI will give Iowa St and NDSU a very good game. The rest of the season, who the **** knows.

uni88
July 26th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Not so much concerned with Kollmorgan, but more concerned with Farley's confidence in Sawyer. Even if he wins the job coming out of fall camp I'm not confident he holds the job if he struggles at all with two brand new shiny transfers on the sideline.

Again, I have SDSU, YSU, and UNI very close at this point.

Here's where I'm very confident: UNI will give Iowa St and NDSU a very good game. The rest of the season, who the **** knows.

Fair enough. If Kollmorgan has his mojo back UNI will be in great shape. He scared the piss out of Wisconsin at Camp Randall to open the 2012 season so he has the kahunas to handle the pressure.

I have more faith in SDSU than YSU based on past performance. I expect YSU to be better but Pelini seems to struggle with winning the big ones so I don't know if they're ready for the 2nd tier yet.

caribbeanhen
July 27th, 2015, 12:05 AM

might be a close game by the rascally Wabbits will lose the game

PantherRob82
July 27th, 2015, 12:32 AM
IlSU
NDSU
SDSU
UNI
YSU
INSU
SIU
WIU
MSU
USD

Evolution Prime
July 27th, 2015, 09:49 AM
NDSU
ISUr
UNI
SDSU
YSU
WIU
SIU
ISUb
MSU
USD

Yote 53
July 27th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Clenz hate of USD is palpable. He's still probably pissed about 2013 when the Coyotes beat UNI in the Cedar Valley. With the exception of a drubbing UNI laid on USD back in 2009 when the Coyotes were a transitional FCS program USD has played UNI pretty close over the years. We'll see what happens this season, should be fun.

As for the rest of USD's season, I'm not predicting a conference title, I'll be happy with a couple of wins. It's been so rough here the last few years. Glenn had to completely blow up the program and start over from the ground up. The squad has been very young the last few seasons as a result but, hopefully, we'll start seeing these players mature and come into their own. Provided we don't get hit by the injury bug like we did last season we should win a couple of conference games.

ETA: I see you guys just got the news about Kevin Earl. Most around here have known since spring he was out due to injury. Tough blow but at least it gives us time to get Saeger ready.

clenz
July 27th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Clenz hate of USD is palpable. He's still probably pissed about 2013 when the Coyotes beat UNI in the Cedar Valley. With the exception of a drubbing UNI laid on USD back in 2009 when the Coyotes were a transitional FCS program USD has played UNI pretty close over the years. We'll see what happens this season, should be fun.

I might be the most hated poster on this site.

The following schools are convinced I hate them and have something out of them:

Alabama A&M Bulldogs
Alabama State Hornets
Albany Great Danes
Alcorn State Braves
Arkansas Pine Bluff Golden Lions
Austin Peay Governors
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
Brown Bears
Bryant Bulldogs
Bucknell Bison
Butler Bulldogs
Cal Poly Mustangs
Campbell Fighting Camels
Central Arkansas Bears
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils
Charleston Southern Buccaneers
Chattanooga Mocs
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Colgate Raiders
Columbia Lions
Cornell Big Red
Dartmouth Big Green
Davidson Wildcats
Dayton Flyers
Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
Delaware State Hornets
Drake Bulldogs
Duquesne Dukes
Eastern Illinois Panthers
Eastern Kentucky Colonels
Eastern Washington Eagles
Elon Phoenix
Florida A&M Rattlers
Fordham Rams
Furman Paladins
Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs
Georgetown Hoyas
Grambling State Tigers
Hampton Pirates
Harvard Crimson
Holy Cross Crusaders
Howard Bison
Idaho State Bengals
Illinois State Redbirds
Indiana State Sycamores
Jackson State Tigers
Jacksonville Dolphins
Jacksonville State Gamecocks
James Madison Dukes
Lafayette Leopards
Lamar Cardinals
Lehigh Mountain Hawks
Liberty Flames
Maine Black Bears
Marist Red Foxes
McNeese State Cowboys
Mercer Bears
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils
Missouri State Bears
Monmouth Hawks
Montana Grizzlies
Montana State Bobcats
Morehead State Eagles
Morgan State Bears
Murray State Racers
New Hampshire Wildcats
Nicholls State Colonels
Norfolk State Spartans
North Carolina A&T Aggies
North Carolina Central Eagles
North Dakota (UND)
North Dakota State Bison
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
Northern Colorado Bears
Northern Iowa Panthers
Northwestern State Demons
Pennsylvania Quakers
Portland State Vikings
Prairie View A&M Panthers
Presbyterian Blue Hose
Princeton Tigers
Rhode Island Rams
Richmond Spiders
Robert Morris Colonials
Sacramento State Hornets
Sacred Heart Pioneers
Saint Francis Red Flash
Sam Houston State Bearkats
Samford Bulldogs
San Diego Toreros
Savannah State Tigers
South Carolina State Bulldogs
South Dakota Coyotes
South Dakota State Jackrabbits
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
Southeastern Louisiana Lions
Southern Illinois Salukis
Southern Jaguars
Southern Utah Thunderbirds
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
Stony Brook Seawolves
Tennessee State Tigers
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles
Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
Texas Southern Tigers
The Citadel Bulldogs
Towson Tigers
UC Davis Aggies
Valparaiso Crusaders
Villanova Wildcats
Virginia Military Institute Keydets
Wagner Seahawks
Weber State Wildcats
Western Carolina Catamounts
Western Illinois Leathernecks
William & Mary Tribe
Wofford Terriers
Yale Bulldogs
Youngstown State Penguins

The list of teams I actually hate/have ill will for:
None

It's fun to see posters like Yote 53, Bison Backer, any YSU fan, etc... get all uppity when I post about their team

dewey
July 27th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I might be the most hated post on this site.

Alabama A&M Bulldogs
Alabama State Hornets
Albany Great Danes
Alcorn State Braves
Austin Peay Governors
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
Brown Bears
Bryant Bulldogs
Bucknell Bison
Butler Bulldogs
Cal Poly Mustangs
Campbell Fighting Camels
Central Arkansas Bears
Chattanooga Mocs
Colgate Raiders
Columbia Lions
Cornell Big Red
Dartmouth Big Green
Davidson Wildcats
Dayton Flyers
Delaware State Hornets
Drake Bulldogs
Duquesne Dukes
Elon Phoenix
Florida A&M Rattlers
Fordham Rams
Furman Paladins
Georgetown Hoyas
Grambling State Tigers
Hampton Pirates
Harvard Crimson
Holy Cross Crusaders
Howard Bison
Idaho State Bengals
Illinois State Redbirds
Indiana State Sycamores
Jackson State Tigers
Jacksonville Dolphins
James Madison Dukes
Lafayette Leopards
Lamar Cardinals
Lehigh Mountain Hawks
Liberty Flames
Maine Black Bears
Marist Red Foxes
McNeese State Cowboys
Mercer Bears
Missouri State Bears
Monmouth Hawks
Montana Grizzlies
Montana State Bobcats
Morehead State Eagles
Morgan State Bears
Murray State Racers
New Hampshire Wildcats
Nicholls State Colonels
Norfolk State Spartans
North Dakota (UND)
North Dakota State Bison
Northern Colorado Bears
Northern Iowa Panthers
Pennsylvania Quakers
Portland State Vikings
Presbyterian Blue Hose
Princeton Tigers
Rhode Island Rams
Richmond Spiders
Robert Morris Colonials
Sacramento State Hornets
Sacred Heart Pioneers
Saint Francis Red Flash
Samford Bulldogs
San Diego Toreros
Savannah State Tigers
South Dakota Coyotes
Southern Jaguars
Stony Brook Seawolves
Tennessee State Tigers
Texas Southern Tigers
The Citadel Bulldogs
Towson Tigers
UC Davis Aggies
Valparaiso Crusaders
Villanova Wildcats
Wagner Seahawks
Weber State Wildcats
William & Mary Tribe
Wofford Terriers

Yale Bulldogs

That is not entirely true as we all know that you are a MVSU Devils fan:-)

Dewey

The Yo Show
July 27th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Clenz, has another UNI fan ever actually told you that you are a UNI hater?

clenz
July 27th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Clenz, has another UNI fan ever actually told you that you are a UNI hater?
Yes...

multiple times in the last 4 months

The Yo Show
July 27th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Wow...

UNI Pike
July 27th, 2015, 02:26 PM
To the UNI QB situation, the new OC has shredded the previous playbook. The limited preview provided by the spring game was well, shocking. Maybe overstating this a bit, but it looks very much in the vein of Chip Kelly's offense. Running up to the offensive line and trying for 80-100 plays in a typical game.

The spring game had Sawyer and the transfer from Coastal Carolina both sitting out for undisclosed reasons. The "third string" QB Eli Dunne R-Fr lit it up. He put together a 10 play, 80+ yard TD drive in 1:30 - with no play more than about 10 yards. That probably won't happen during the regular season, but it certainly tells you the offensive mentality has gone through a quantum leap.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 27th, 2015, 02:46 PM

As for the rest of USD's season, I'm not predicting a conference title, I'll be happy with a couple of wins. It's been so rough here the last few years. Glenn had to completely blow up the program and start over from the ground up. The squad has been very young the last few seasons as a result but, hopefully, we'll start seeing these players mature and come into their own. Provided we don't get hit by the injury bug like we did last season we should win a couple of conference games.

ETA: I see you guys just got the news about Kevin Earl. Most around here have known since spring he was out due to injury. Tough blow but at least it gives us time to get Saeger ready.

How much time does Glenn get?

Considering it took USD into the late 3rd or 4th quarter last year to finish off a NAIA team, what would be considered a successful year this year?

The Valley is going to be tough again.

LeeshaJo
July 27th, 2015, 03:38 PM

Considering it took USD into the late 3rd or 4th quarter last year to finish off a NAIA team, what would be considered a successful year this year?

Honestly, I think he has a long rope. Since I was transferred to Vermillion for work (April) I have yet to hear a single person say he is in trouble.
Now, having visited with him a few times, I think do they not win a game in the Valley again, he might step away and say it is for the good of the program, but I doubt it. I think the coaches are pretty up on the recruits they are bringing in. Just will have to see what kind of impact they have. And Honestly, this SDSU fan has to admit USD has had a big injury bug the last few years. Maybe they can put a season together and win 2 or 3 Valley Games. If Glenn can get the momentum going you would think it would make everything easier for future years.

Successful season:
Option 1: Beat State. They could lose every other game and if they beat the Jacks they will consider it a good season.
Option 2: win 2-3 Valley games and 1-2 out of conference. They need to get at least four wins.

clenz
July 27th, 2015, 03:54 PM
To the UNI QB situation, the new OC has shredded the previous playbook. The limited preview provided by the spring game was well, shocking. Maybe overstating this a bit, but it looks very much in the vein of Chip Kelly's offense. Running up to the offensive line and trying for 80-100 plays in a typical game.

The spring game had Sawyer and the transfer from Coastal Carolina both sitting out for undisclosed reasons. The "third string" QB Eli Dunne R-Fr lit it up. He put together a 10 play, 80+ yard TD drive in 1:30 - with no play more than about 10 yards. That probably won't happen during the regular season, but it certainly tells you the offensive mentality has gone through a quantum leap.
The new OC said in his first interview he wants to run a Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, and Baylor hybrid

He ran something like 78 plays per game at his last school

clenz
July 27th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Wow...
It's why when others, like Yote 53, say it there is no meaning behind it.

Go look at the examples from MVFC schools and it's clear there is a trend - I tell the truth about their program, they don't like it and call me a hater, turns out to be true and they still think I'm a hater and years later keep trumpeting that horn.

1. USD - USD beat the 3rd string of UNI in 2013. It's the high point of their program, more so than Minnesota. I continue to point out that even with that win they are 3-21 in conference play, 2 of the 3 MVFC years have been winless, they are outscored by 20 PPG (on average) those years. They were out gained by ~100 yards per game over that time. The reality is they are YEARS away from competing for anything other than a bottom 2 finish. Does that mean they will go winless every year? No. I will continue to see who they will struggle to beat in conference play (preseason views) until something major changes. Everyone else can carry the same view, but by me having it I am hating on them and have a vendetta.

2. NDSU - almost all of which is made up and almost none of it actually focuses around football. I was on the side that thought they'd be in a for a damn rude awakening once they hit the MVFC from the patsy conference that was the Great West. I was absolutely right. Have they figured it out? You ****in bet. What most NDSU fans seem to have an issue with is the fact that I'm a firm believer that they have/had no shot at the MVC and that their other programs weren't at the level to warrant an MVC invitation - even forgetting every of the 15 reasons I laid out that didn't have to do with actual competitiveness. Turns out I was proven right on all of those - to make it even better the MVC lost a member and looked for new members during that time span to further prove my thoughts on it. Now NDSU is happy where they are and most have moved on from my comments. Some - see Bison Backer and Bison Fan in NW MN to a lesser extent - are clearly still hurt by it to the extent that I'm not allowed to talk NDSU because it's just me "continuing to **** on NDSU". Further proof that most of the issues posters like that have are made up? The time frame from the initial comments, and even most of the MVC conference comments, isn't possible to have come from me. I didn't have this screen name on AGS when that all went down with them coming into the conference, and the little part I was on here with it I was pretty quiet about most it. Then, starting in 2009 I went on a 3 or 4 year hiatus from AGS and didn't really actually come back to the board until July/Aug 2013.

3. SDSU - basically NDSU light. I didn't think Brookings was the great college town it was made to be in the early years (I can't speak to it now as I haven't been there in a couple years). My opinions were formed from the fact that 75% of my high school went too/goes to SDSU. I grew up going to SDSU games. I know Brookings/Sioux Falls VERY well. Oh..and because I thought DJ was a better RB than ZZ....I was/is/and always will have been correct on that one

4. Western Illinois - See USD before USD come into the conference. I've changed my tune on them and actually see light in their tunnel. It's amazing, when you show a sign of life I'm willing to give credit.

5. Southern Illinois - UNI's biggest rival. Of course I throw jabs at them when I can. It apparently means I have something out for them.

6. Youngstown State - YSU fans know this all too well - maybe not so much you. When your previous coach was hired all I (we) heard was how great he was, how he was going to be Florida talent to the MVFC, dominate the league, was a massive UNI rival, etc... I pointed out that YSU was in no way a UNI rival (and they aren't). I pointed out that those Florida guys aren't going to amount to much (and they didn't) because most MVFC schools had tried it at various times and it just didn't work. I was told I was jealous of Cheater Vest and was scared of YSU reclaiming their spot atop the FCS and blah blah blah. Turns out everything I said about Wolford was being parroted by YSU fans by the end of his time. Now it's the same story but a couple year later with Pelini. Mostly because I don't think he is going to do anything different with the same roster than Eric did last year. I also think that if he has a year or two of success and sees a 5m offer come in from Florida, USC, Texas, etc... he's all over it. I don't see him there even one full recruiting cycle.

7. Missouri State - They've been pretty quiet the last two years, but they are the epitome of July/August warriors on these forums. Come in every year about how this year is different. The talent is great and this and that! I tell them they are wrong and why they are wrong. They call me a hater and that I have a vendetta. By week 6 they are gone only to reappear to call me a hater more.

8. Illinois State - see the Coprich drug charges thread. Essentially they think I'm scared of them being the next power and when I say I'll believe it when I see it because I've heard this from you before they think I'm trying to hate...

9. Indiana State - I've called them the worst scholarship, non HBCU, program in the nation. When Shakir Bell single handedly won them 6 games I didn't buy it being a lasting there where the program turned the corner. Trent Miles was the coach. They won more games his last 3 years than the previous decade plus combined. Miles then bolted for Georgia Freaking State. I said "If there was one coach in the nation that could win, and think he could win at Indiana State it was him. He is a ISUb football alum. If he doesn't want to stick around to make it better why should I think anyone will?". Called a hater. Turns out they struggled with out him. They landed a big time QB in Perrish that carried them last year. I pointed out they won a lot of games by razor margins and got pretty much every bounce of the ball. I don't see that continuing. Again, it's me lashing out because I'm scared of what they could become.

10. Northern Iowa - I don't, believe it or not, drink purple kool aid all day every day. Read any of my posts from last year and it's pretty damn clear. I've written many letters to the athletic and marketing department letting them know that there are MANY issues that need to be addressed. I point them out on social media sites as well. I frequently get told I'm not a true Panther fan. Get told to just leave the UNI fan base, etc... I probably hear it more from UNI fans than other fan bases.

All in all, that's a synopsis of a normal day in clenz's PM inbox on AGS and twitter.

As I've said many times. Everyone thinks I have it out for their team when I talk about them, but are real quick to agree when I talk the exact same way about other programs.

JayJ79
July 27th, 2015, 04:24 PM
I tried to find a team by team schedule grid as it would be nice to look at each team on a game by game basis.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/mvc/confschedsn.aspx?season=2015,sc=AF,conf=Missouri%2 0Valley
(http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/mvc/confschedsn.aspx?season=2015,sc=AF,conf=Missouri%2 0Valley)
I find it interesting that 8 out of the 10 MVFC teams have the same open week (Sept. 26), and the other two have Sept. 19

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 27th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Nothing wrong referencing me in your last post but I have no hurt feelings when you post about the Bison. I've already posted numerous times about the subject and don't need to keep repeating it.

Respect is earned and the Bison have done that at the FCS level.

If you post about another team expect some responses and not all might not be gummy bears and lollipops.

Personally i lIke your posts with all of the numbers, stats and info. That takes a lot of time and effort. But if someone takes issue with your "constructive criticism " roll with it and don't inject the " martyr " angle.

No worries buddy!!

clenz
July 27th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Nothing wrong referencing me in your last post but I have no hurt feelings when you post about the Bison. I've already posted numerous times about the subject and don't need to keep repeating it.

Respect is earned and the Bison have done that at the FCS level.

If you post about another team expect some responses and not all might not be gummy bears and lollipops.

Personally i lIke your posts with all of the numbers, stats and info. That takes a lot of time and effort. But if someone takes issue with your "constructive criticism " roll with it and don't inject the " martyr " angle.

No worries buddy!!
I have no issues with any of the responses I get. Mostly they are pretty funny because, as I said, it's the same from every fan base. I get I take a more abrasive approach to posting. For better or worse I'm much the same in person when I actually talk (something I don't actually do a lot of in person). It's also quite funny to see someone take offense to the tone I had against their team become my biggest "cheerleader" when it comes to doing the same to another program.

I'm not new to message boards. I've been on them since I was 13..at this point that's over 50% of my life. I get what a message board is and how they work. It's just fun to me (though it didn't used to be). Thinks like Yote 53 going out of their way to throw my under the bus actually makes me giggle a bit. I'm aware, and exect, anything I say to be scrutinized. I learn more from it and it gives me more ammo, stats, links, tid bits, etc... to keep in my back pocket to use at a later date. However, if you're going to nit pick my posts you better be ready for me to fire back. At this point anyone poking this bear better know what to expect when I make a response to a response.xlolx

Even better is when a buddy of mine that is still on PantherNation tells me "Dude, you were brought on on PantherNation again"....even though I haven't posted there in something like 2 or 3 years. It's never a good reason I'm brought up either.

BisonFan02
July 27th, 2015, 08:46 PM
It's why when others, like Yote 53, say it there is no meaning behind it.

Go look at the examples from MVFC schools and it's clear there is a trend - I tell the truth about their program, they don't like it and call me a hater, turns out to be true and they still think I'm a hater and years later keep trumpeting that horn.

1. USD - USD beat the 3rd string of UNI in 2013. It's the high point of their program, more so than Minnesota. I continue to point out that even with that win they are 3-21 in conference play, 2 of the 3 MVFC years have been winless, they are outscored by 20 PPG (on average) those years. They were out gained by ~100 yards per game over that time. The reality is they are YEARS away from competing for anything other than a bottom 2 finish. Does that mean they will go winless every year? No. I will continue to see who they will struggle to beat in conference play (preseason views) until something major changes. Everyone else can carry the same view, but by me having it I am hating on them and have a vendetta.

2. NDSU - almost all of which is made up and almost none of it actually focuses around football. I was on the side that thought they'd be in a for a damn rude awakening once they hit the MVFC from the patsy conference that was the Great West. I was absolutely right. Have they figured it out? You ****in bet. What most NDSU fans seem to have an issue with is the fact that I'm a firm believer that they have/had no shot at the MVC and that their other programs weren't at the level to warrant an MVC invitation - even forgetting every of the 15 reasons I laid out that didn't have to do with actual competitiveness. Turns out I was proven right on all of those - to make it even better the MVC lost a member and looked for new members during that time span to further prove my thoughts on it. Now NDSU is happy where they are and most have moved on from my comments. Some - see Bison Backer and Bison Fan in NW MN to a lesser extent - are clearly still hurt by it to the extent that I'm not allowed to talk NDSU because it's just me "continuing to **** on NDSU". Further proof that most of the issues posters like that have are made up? The time frame from the initial comments, and even most of the MVC conference comments, isn't possible to have come from me. I didn't have this screen name on AGS when that all went down with them coming into the conference, and the little part I was on here with it I was pretty quiet about most it. Then, starting in 2009 I went on a 3 or 4 year hiatus from AGS and didn't really actually come back to the board until July/Aug 2013.

3. SDSU - basically NDSU light. I didn't think Brookings was the great college town it was made to be in the early years (I can't speak to it now as I haven't been there in a couple years). My opinions were formed from the fact that 75% of my high school went too/goes to SDSU. I grew up going to SDSU games. I know Brookings/Sioux Falls VERY well. Oh..and because I thought DJ was a better RB than ZZ....I was/is/and always will have been correct on that one

4. Western Illinois - See USD before USD come into the conference. I've changed my tune on them and actually see light in their tunnel. It's amazing, when you show a sign of life I'm willing to give credit.

5. Southern Illinois - UNI's biggest rival. Of course I throw jabs at them when I can. It apparently means I have something out for them.

6. Youngstown State - YSU fans know this all too well - maybe not so much you. When your previous coach was hired all I (we) heard was how great he was, how he was going to be Florida talent to the MVFC, dominate the league, was a massive UNI rival, etc... I pointed out that YSU was in no way a UNI rival (and they aren't). I pointed out that those Florida guys aren't going to amount to much (and they didn't) because most MVFC schools had tried it at various times and it just didn't work. I was told I was jealous of Cheater Vest and was scared of YSU reclaiming their spot atop the FCS and blah blah blah. Turns out everything I said about Wolford was being parroted by YSU fans by the end of his time. Now it's the same story but a couple year later with Pelini. Mostly because I don't think he is going to do anything different with the same roster than Eric did last year. I also think that if he has a year or two of success and sees a 5m offer come in from Florida, USC, Texas, etc... he's all over it. I don't see him there even one full recruiting cycle.

7. Missouri State - They've been pretty quiet the last two years, but they are the epitome of July/August warriors on these forums. Come in every year about how this year is different. The talent is great and this and that! I tell them they are wrong and why they are wrong. They call me a hater and that I have a vendetta. By week 6 they are gone only to reappear to call me a hater more.

8. Illinois State - see the Coprich drug charges thread. Essentially they think I'm scared of them being the next power and when I say I'll believe it when I see it because I've heard this from you before they think I'm trying to hate...

9. Indiana State - I've called them the worst scholarship, non HBCU, program in the nation. When Shakir Bell single handedly won them 6 games I didn't buy it being a lasting there where the program turned the corner. Trent Miles was the coach. They won more games his last 3 years than the previous decade plus combined. Miles then bolted for Georgia Freaking State. I said "If there was one coach in the nation that could win, and think he could win at Indiana State it was him. He is a ISUb football alum. If he doesn't want to stick around to make it better why should I think anyone will?". Called a hater. Turns out they struggled with out him. They landed a big time QB in Perrish that carried them last year. I pointed out they won a lot of games by razor margins and got pretty much every bounce of the ball. I don't see that continuing. Again, it's me lashing out because I'm scared of what they could become.

10. Northern Iowa - I don't, believe it or not, drink purple kool aid all day every day. Read any of my posts from last year and it's pretty damn clear. I've written many letters to the athletic and marketing department letting them know that there are MANY issues that need to be addressed. I point them out on social media sites as well. I frequently get told I'm not a true Panther fan. Get told to just leave the UNI fan base, etc... I probably hear it more from UNI fans than other fan bases.

All in all, that's a synopsis of a normal day in clenz's PM inbox on AGS and twitter.

As I've said many times. Everyone thinks I have it out for their team when I talk about them, but are real quick to agree when I talk the exact same way about other programs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6YLAmKFpRM

xlolx

Yote 53
July 28th, 2015, 11:36 AM

Ehh, that game was kind of a weird one. The outcome was never really in doubt but that team just kept hanging around. They ran an option offense which can create problems for any defense if they are not completely disciplined, which USD wasn't that game. It wasn't one of those deals where that team went toe-to-toe with the Coyotes, it was more schematic.

Glenn gets lots of rope. Do I agree with that, not necessarily. If the day comes where USD decides to "fire" Glenn it will not be a public firing. It will be a situation where they go to him and both agree it is time to move on.

Glenn had to completely gut the program and start over. He didn't go the JUCO route either, rebuilt the bulk of the program through high school recruiting. No doubt it was going to take years to compete against fully loaded MVFC programs. We should start seeing some results now, I think injuries are delaying those results though. Hard to beat the likes of NDSU when you don't have a single running back left when you play them. Literally played the game without a running back. You are going to lose in that situation and it won't be pretty. That has been the situation the last couple of seasons agaisnt them.

Sycamore62
July 28th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Clenz. I wish I wasnt so busy today so I guess this will be brief. I havent really had time to assess what will happen with this year's ISUb team but as you said, and you were right, that ISUb was razor close to winning very few games. You also would have to admit they were a "the worst squib kickoff attempt in the history of feet or balls" from beating ISUr, without Mike Perish.

Professor Chaos
July 28th, 2015, 01:48 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/mvc/confschedsn.aspx?season=2015,sc=AF,conf=Missouri%2 0Valley
(http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/mvc/confschedsn.aspx?season=2015,sc=AF,conf=Missouri%2 0Valley)
I find it interesting that 8 out of the 10 MVFC teams have the same open week (Sept. 26), and the other two have Sept. 19
A lot of MVFC fans hate that not everyone in the conference plays each other but this is one of the benefits that adding USD and going to 10 teams gave. The conference could then schedule a solid block of conference games without leaving one team off every week. In some years it may be nice to have the bye week in October/November but I like that no teams get byes after the start of the conference season, it creates a competitive imbalance IMO if one team has to face the other coming off a bye when they just played a game the last week.

clenz
July 28th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Clenz. I wish I wasnt so busy today so I guess this will be brief. I havent really had time to assess what will happen with this year's ISUb team but as you said, and you were right, that ISUb was razor close to winning very few games. You also would have to admit they were a "the worst squib kickoff attempt in the history of feet or balls" from beating ISUr, without Mike Perish.
I get the objections I receive. I admit I got a lot of ISUB predictions wrong last year. I didn't see anyway a double pass for a TD in the final 2 minutes to beat UNI, the crazy huddle return, and the 4 other "lucky bounces" they caught to get some Ws would happen more than once per year, let alone seemingly every single week like ISUb managed last year. They deserve credit for making those plays. The reality is I caught crap for being wrong on them not maintaining those breaks. My thoughts on them as a team, though, weren't too far off.

Message vs deliverer....I get it

Sycamore62
July 28th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I get the objections I receive. I admit I got a lot of ISUB predictions wrong last year. I didn't see anyway a double pass for a TD in the final 2 minutes to beat UNI, the crazy huddle return, and the 4 other "lucky bounces" they caught to get some Ws would happen more than once per year, let alone seemingly every single week like ISUb managed last year. They deserve credit for making those plays. The reality is I caught crap for being wrong on them not maintaining those breaks. My thoughts on them as a team, though, weren't too far off.

Message vs deliverer....I get it

Im not saying your assessment is wrong, just saying that literally 1 more bounce would have won vs the runner up

clenz
July 28th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Im not saying your assessment is wrong, just saying that literally 1 more bounce would have won vs the runner up
I completely agree. Wouldn't change my opinion that ISUB is a team that lived last season living on the edge of yet another less than 3 win season. Now, those bounces did go your way and I have, many times, acknowledged that...even on national radio/podcast.

If anything, that statement solidifies my thoughts.

I think we are on the same page on this, just different versions of the same book

Sycamore62
July 28th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Ok here's my not unbiased assessment of what ISUb will be this year. Defense will be solid, receivers will be solid. I'm guessing that we will be ok at RB. We have 2 QBs in the hunt unless someone else shows up. Matt Adam who played the ISUr game last year and wasn't bad and a double(triple) transfer from Cal(coaching change)Oregon St(don't think he wanted to sit)/juco(played good). I have reservations about the transfer but I think there are some circumstances involved that ease them a little. My big question is the offensive line. I don't think they were very good last year and I don't know that getting a year older fixes that to the extent that it needs fixed, so they could make all the questions at the other positions good or bad. I think this could be another season like last year. Somewhere between 11-0 and 2-9

Pant8her
July 29th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Clenz,

You were not the only one to eat crow on the Sycamores last year.
I was down on them as well and they proved me wrong as did the Redbirds.

I officially apologized and will do so again for last season. Sometime you get the lucky bounces and other times you get hit by the injury bug and things seem to fall apart. That is why the teams play the game.

I try to state things how I view them hopefully not biased, although sometimes it does happen (after all we are human). I usually take whatever anyone says on here with a lick of salt, that is just the nature of the forums. So we can agree on many things as well as disagree.

BTW, keep putting up the statistics and numbers, it helps folks become a little enlightened.

clenz
July 30th, 2015, 06:58 AM
I've eaten enough crow on my life to have grown to like the taste enough that I can eat it when I have too.

The odd thing is, a much as others say I'm wrong and need to "eat crow" there are actually very few times that's required from me relative to the amount of predictions and crap I throw against a wall.

Raw numbers I may be wrong more than others. Like I say when looking at raw numbers though - they are very deceiving

Sycamore62
July 30th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Clenz,

You were not the only one to eat crow on the Sycamores last year.
I was down on them as well and they proved me wrong as did the Redbirds.

I officially apologized and will do so again for last season. Sometime you get the lucky bounces and other times you get hit by the injury bug and things seem to fall apart. That is why the teams play the game.

I try to state things how I view them hopefully not biased, although sometimes it does happen (after all we are human). I usually take whatever anyone says on here with a lick of salt, that is just the nature of the forums. So we can agree on many things as well as disagree.

BTW, keep putting up the statistics and numbers, it helps folks become a little enlightened.

I think injuries and depth of filling those holes are the difference between the top and bottom of the conference. We've had some, what I would call, solid teams over the last 5 years. With a couple injuries we went from playoff contenders to 1-11 to squeaking into a playoff spot that I think we deserved. Im sure EKU would have liked to play with their other starting QB vs us in the playoffs basically in a similar situation.

I dont think any of our teams would compete the same if you were to lose a draft pick player, but the top of the conference generally has an acceptable player to put in the spot of a veteran starter.

Professor Chaos
July 30th, 2015, 09:33 AM
If it wouldn't be for chance and luck the same team would win every year.

Oh wait.... :D

Sycamore62
July 30th, 2015, 10:59 AM

no luck at all?

clenz
July 30th, 2015, 11:15 AM

Conference has been around 30 years

UNI has 16 titles
SIU has 5 titles
WIU has 5 titles
NDSU has 4 titles

No other school has more than 2 outright and/or shared titles

Indiana State, SDSU, and USD have never won won even a share. USD/SDSU isn't a big deal as they are "new"....ISUb is a founding member

Professor Chaos
July 30th, 2015, 12:05 PM
no luck at all?
Well, it is better to be lucky than good.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 30th, 2015, 12:06 PM

UNI has 16 titles
SIU has 5 titles
WIU has 5 titles
NDSU has 4 titles

Indiana State, SDSU, and USD have never won won even a share. USD/SDSU isn't a big deal as they are "new"....ISUb is a founding member

Burn.... Deep Burn.....

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 30th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Conference Predictions:

ISUr - Until NDSU proves the defense is Valley good ISUr is the favorite
NDSU - Pass the tourch on D
UNI - Tough schedule is their biggest enemy. I think they do just fine
SDSU - Not as down on them as others.
Western Illinois- Dark Horse Prediction! Could see them jumping UNI in record if they get beat up early. But sit here in conference play.
Youngstown - Pelini changes nothing. He's gone before it matters.
SIU - They are always "supposed" to be good. Until they are, I don't believe it.
Indiana State - How do you win in the valley with poor line play? You don't. They fade
Missouri State - Rebuilding
USD - Bad

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2015, 12:22 PM

UNI has 16 titles
SIU has 5 titles
WIU has 5 titles
NDSU has 4 titles

Gee whiz clenzy. With all of those conference titles and playoff appearances, surely UNI must have a HUGE trophy case filled with national championships. :D

clenz
July 30th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Gee whiz clenzy. With all of those conference titles and playoff appearances, surely UNI must have a HUGE trophy case filled with national championships. :D
It's college football. Only the regular season matter....right?

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2015, 02:09 PM
It's college football. Only the regular season matter....right?

Is that the mentality that gets you into the MVC? If NDSU and SDSU went non-scholly in football and joined the Pioneer, would they then garner support from the privates/Drake to join the league? :D

PantherRob82
July 30th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Is that the mentality that gets you into the MVC? If NDSU and SDSU went non-scholly in football and joined the Pioneer, would they then garner support from the privates/Drake to join the league? :D

Proves the point that football has nothing to do with the MVC

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2015, 04:51 PM

Yes and No...having a "football priority" absolutely has something to do with the MVC...and it is a negative...one of many for the Dakota schools in the case of the MVC.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 1st, 2015, 02:29 PM
Wonder if the new Missouri State coach can take MSU to the playoffs in a few years?

Looking forward to seeing them in the FD this year.

I know there are a couple of Bear fans on here: What kind of offense/defense will MSU run this year?

centennial
August 1st, 2015, 02:37 PM
Clenz what are your thought about Mario Verduzco? He is MSU's new OC.

SUPharmacist
August 1st, 2015, 02:54 PM
Can't wait for the season. Looking to see if the NDSU defense can reload, can UNI survive the early season gauntlet, is ISUr ready for a title, does Pelini have some magic at YSU, how is SDSU post Zenner, does ISUb fall back to obscurity, does WIU make the jump to the playoffs, will MoSU give NDSU fits, does USD improve, is SIU ready to rebound towards the top of the league? Will this league again be dominant in OOC? So much to look forward to.

PantherRob82
August 1st, 2015, 03:15 PM
Yes and No...having a "football priority" absolutely has something to do with the MVC...and it is a negative...one of many for the Dakota schools in the case of the MVC.

I don't even understand where you are trying to go with that. Two seperate conferences with some mutual interests. Not sure what you want out of the MVFC.

clenz
August 1st, 2015, 03:17 PM
I don't even understand where you are trying to go with that. Two seperate conferences with some mutual interests. Not sure what you want out of the MVFC.
NDSU fans, even the most reasonable of them, have a belief that the MVC is keeping the MVFC down and will go out of it's way to keep Summit teams down

clenz
August 1st, 2015, 03:21 PM
Best OC in the world. I don't know how UNI will manage without his innovative nature.

I expect MSU to lead the league in trick plays, call the fewest dives and never run 3 person routes that consist of 20 yard out, 20 yard come back and skinny post that starts posting at 24 yards

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2015, 03:22 PM
Sweet baby jeebus. We are less than a month from football season and we STILL can't stop talking about basketball on the FCS Discussion forum.

centennial
August 1st, 2015, 03:24 PM
NDSU fans, even the most reasonable of them, have a belief that the MVC is keeping the MVFC down and will go out of it's way to keep Summit teams down

The MVC has no interest in the Dakota's. We are fine in the summit unless we double down on basketball. 4-7th in the MVC is not my idea of a good time.

Best OC in the world. I don't know how UNI will manage without his innovative nature.

I expect MSU to lead the league in trick plays, call the fewest dives and never run 3 person routes that consist of 20 yard out, 20 yard come back and skinny post that starts posting at 24 yards

Okay then.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2015, 03:34 PM
The MVC has no interest in the Dakota's. We are fine in the summit unless we double down on basketball. 4-7th in the MVC is not my idea of a good time.

Okay then.

The MVC isn't interested in small market public schools with a football team. Half of them wouldn't get in, including UNI, if they weren't already.

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2015, 04:03 PM

Alright....let me try this again...maybe point-by-point:

1) You are 100% correct that the MVC has nothing to do with football....and the MVFC is a conduit for scholarship paying teams of the MVC/Summit to host DI FCS football teams.

2) Football priority (in the case of NDSU and to a lesser extent SDSU) is not a athletic program trait favored by MVC programs.

3) I don't think the MVC has some sort of vendetta against the Summit any more than they would against the Horizon, etc. Why would they?

Granted, I'm only speaking for myself, but I don't see NDSU as a fit for the MVC...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. What NDSU gets (and I guess myself as a fan) out of the MVFC is a competitive host for their football program. A conference that is the best option geographically in the FCS as well. The Summit, ultimately, provides the best DI geographical host for the remainder of the programs sans wrestling. IF (and it is a pretty big ****ing IF xlolx ) NDSU were to make any type of voluntary conference move, it would be football driven, and it would probably have to include all sports out of the Summit as well to entice NDSU to do it. This isn't happening. Now...if the Summit were to implode, NDSU would then have to find a home for their athletic programs, and football would probably need to go with it (yeah yeah....remove my tin foil hat, but the Summit isn't the most overly stable conference out there!)

My comments centered around "Summit League Football" have more to do with the fact that the Summit league would potentially be able to draw better programs in if they could also find a host for the invited program's football team. A higher # of Summit programs in the MVFC = a healthier/more stable Summit league.

UNI Pike
August 1st, 2015, 05:44 PM
I don't know if Verduzco or Salmon were calling the plays, or took turns, or exactly what. However, for the last 8-10 years, the offense has been on a trendline down, with the occasional blip up (such as David Johnson).

MSU never had problems scoring 14-21 points under Terry Allen. Their defense was generally terrible.

It will be interesting to observe the changes at both UNI and MSU. If I had to bet now, I would say UNI traded up, and MSU may come out even at best.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

clenz
August 1st, 2015, 05:51 PM
I don't know if Verduzco or Salmon were calling the plays, or took turns, or exactly what. However, for the last 8-10 years, the offense has been on a trendline down, with the occasional blip up (such as David Johnson).

MSU never had problems scoring 14-21 points under Terry Allen. Their defense was generally terrible.

It will be interesting to observe the changes at both UNI and MSU. If I had to bet now, I would say UNI traded up, and MSU may come out even at best.

From what I understand, and take it with a grain of salt... I know I did... Is Verduzco was told he was free to take the first job he could get because his services weren't needed anymore but he wasn't going to be fired since he and Farley had been together for years. There's a reason QBs never really progressed during their years with him as OC and QB coach. If he didn't find another job he would be retained this year but in a very diminished role, like Salmon, but wouldn't be around after that. Farley saw reason to not give that same ultimatum to Salmon, read that as you wish.

That's what I got from "my guy"

UNI Pike
August 1st, 2015, 06:05 PM
I personally don't know any of the players involved. The thing that I do know is that Farley is loyal to a fault, to players and staff.

The crap must of really hit the fan in the coaching offices mid season. Sane deal might have claimed Rick Nelson also, for all I know.

clenz
August 1st, 2015, 06:27 PM
I personally don't know any of the players involved. The thing that I do know is that Farley is loyal to a fault, to players and staff.

The crap must of really hit the fan in the coaching offices mid season. Sane deal might have claimed Rick Nelson also, for all I know.

Nelson I haven't heard anything other than a chance to do that was too good for him and his family to pass up.

Farley is EXTREMELY loyal to a fault, which is why Mario wasn't going to be fired and was told to take the first/best option. He didn't want to deal with having to "fire" someone. Again, this is all "inside sources" who could be wrong but I heard similar stories from multiple people...to the extent Sawyer (and one other unnamed QB) was gone if Mario wasn't.

As for **** hitting the fan mid-season? If as bad as I heard from players on the team I know I'm shocked Mario didn't get canned on the spot. After the SDSU game things got very ugly. Even listening to Farleys post game interview was strange that car ride home. He always said something to the effect of "things didn't go our way but we can fix it" to "I don't know what to do and what the issue is but something needs to change.". It wasn't the same Farley. Even at the game you could see Farley inches from Marios, and Salmon's, face just dressing them down to the point even the most hard ass drill instructor would have stepped in. From that point in Farley essentially had to approve every play call the rest of the way. Farley is the same coach who, in the past, has admitted he knew less than half the offensive playbook and said if he had to learn it something catastrophic was going on. I think that was in like 09 or 08. When the defense could no longer hide the offensive ineptitude last year, despite being a top 5 national defense, he snapped

We'll see what he's like with Davies. The playbook seems like something Farley really won't dig a ton into this year, and as long as they can keep the defense off the field for the 45 they were on the field in many games last year he probably won't give a damn

centennial
August 1st, 2015, 07:25 PM
Seems like Missouri State might not progress to the top of the league. However, coaches like people change. A change in career can often trigger rethinking how you have been doing things. I will reserve judgment to when I see them play.

clenz
August 1st, 2015, 07:56 PM
Seems like Missouri State might not progress to the top of the league. However, coaches like people change. A change in career can often trigger rethinking how you have been doing things. I will reserve judgment to when I see them play.
It's possible.

Maybe the new MSU coach will be more hands on with the offense from the start and setting the standard of play calling.** Maybe Mario takes what happened at UNI to heart and tries to prove UNI and co. wrong. Maybe Solman was the issue and Mario took the fall wrongly.

Maybe USD goes 8-0 in the league this year...

**though given his resume he seems to likely have the same approach as Farley concerning the offense

gotts
August 3rd, 2015, 12:38 PM

I'd like a better TV deal out of the MVFC, for one!

MSUBear42
August 3rd, 2015, 01:48 PM
Conference Predictions:

ISUr - Until NDSU proves the defense is Valley good ISUr is the favorite
NDSU - Pass the tourch on D
UNI - Tough schedule is their biggest enemy. I think they do just fine
SDSU - Not as down on them as others.
Western Illinois- Dark Horse Prediction! Could see them jumping UNI in record if they get beat up early. But sit here in conference play.
Youngstown - Pelini changes nothing. He's gone before it matters.
SIU - They are always "supposed" to be good. Until they are, I don't believe it.
Indiana State - How do you win in the valley with poor line play? You don't. They fade
Missouri State - Rebuilding
USD - Bad

I'd say MSU is "Building," versus "re-building."

In order to re-build, we would have had to have accomplished something in the past 20 years.

That said, I will be severely disappointed if we are still in the bottom half on the conference, come 2017/18.

MSUBear42
August 3rd, 2015, 01:50 PM
I'd like a better TV deal out of the MVFC, for one!

Isn't that the truth...

MVC will eventually have nearly EVERY MVC sporting event on ESPN3 in the coming years, but couldn't swing ESPN to include MVFC in that package???

I'd have to imagine, even in this fall, that MVFC viewership would vastly outnumber what they will get when 'televising' every single Volleyball game.

MSUBear42
August 3rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
Wonder if the new Missouri State coach can take MSU to the playoffs in a few years?

Looking forward to seeing them in the FD this year.

I know there are a couple of Bear fans on here: What kind of offense/defense will MSU run this year?

I've heard our offense will be 'Oregon-esque' in that they are going to no huddle and try to run as many plays as possible. That said, we are insanely unproven at QB.

Defense is switching to 4-3.

Tons of new faces on the roster, it's hard to say how they will contribute.

IBleedYellow
August 3rd, 2015, 01:57 PM
Isn't that the truth...

MVC will eventually have nearly EVERY MVC sporting event on ESPN3 in the coming years, but couldn't swing ESPN to include MVFC in that package???

I'd have to imagine, even in this fall, that MVFC viewership would vastly outnumber what they will get when 'televising' every single Volleyball game.

Two separate entities. Why would one care that the other gets the same media deal? Hint: They don't.

Also, I'd like you all to know, you officially are playing against 2 members of the Big 12 every year from here on out. ;)

MSUBear42
August 3rd, 2015, 02:00 PM
Two separate entities. Why would one care that the other gets the same media deal? Hint: They don't.

Also, I'd like you all to know, you officially are playing against 2 members of the Big 12 every year from here on out. ;)
I know two separate entities, but they still benefit from a strong MVFC (and vice versa). Anything would be better than the current "TV Package" that the MVFC currently has.

clenz
August 3rd, 2015, 02:02 PM
I'm amazed at how many people struggle to grasp they are 2 different entities.

Changing the name from Gateway to Missouri Valley was a huge mistake in that regard

IBleedYellow
August 3rd, 2015, 02:18 PM

Changing the name from Gateway to Missouri Valley was a huge mistake in that regard

Agreed. However, I do like the Valley moniker more, it would have made sense to stay the Gateway.

MSUBear42
August 3rd, 2015, 03:29 PM

Hopefully this wasn't in reference to me...

And spare me the 'separate entities' bullcrap for a few minutes. For all intents and purposes, they're the same. The only reason it's not under the MVC umbrella is because we don't have the minimum amount of core MVC programs playing football.

MVFC Address: 1818 Chouteau Ave, St. Louis, MO 63103
MVC Address: 1818 Chouteau Ave, St. Louis, MO 63103

MVFC Commissioner: Patty Viverito
MVC Senior Associate Commissioner: Patty Viverito

MVFC Associate Commissioner: Mike Kern
MVC Associate Commissioner: Mike Kern

MVFC Associate Commissioner: Greg Walter
MVC Associate Commissioner for Institutional Services: Greg Walter

Don't go making excuses for them... They could have very easily used the new MVC media rights agreement to their advantage to at least get a couple games a week on ESPN3.

clenz
August 3rd, 2015, 03:34 PM
Hopefully this wasn't in reference to me...

And spare me the 'separate entities' bullcrap for a few minutes. For all intents and purposes, they're the same. The only reason it's not under the MVC umbrella is because we don't have the minimum amount of core MVC programs playing football.

MVFC Address: 1818 Chouteau Ave, St. Louis, MO 63103
MVC Address: 1818 Chouteau Ave, St. Louis, MO 63103

MVFC Commissioner: Patty Viverito
MVC Senior Associate Commissioner: Patty Viverito

MVFC Associate Commissioner: Mike Kern
MVC Associate Commissioner: Mike Kern

MVFC Associate Commissioner: Greg Walter
MVC Associate Commissioner for Institutional Services: Greg Walter

Don't go making excuses for them... They could have very easily used the new MVC media rights agreement to their advantage to at least get a couple games a week on ESPN3.
They are housed under the the same building and share staff...absolutely correct.

They are, in media and legally filed, 2 completely separate entities.

The MVC isn't going to try to package another conference into their rights. Why are you also so outraged that the PFL didn't get included? I mean

http://www.pioneer-football.org/pfl/

The league spent its first season in 1993 under the administrative guidance of the Midwestern Collegiate Conference and the office moved to St. Louis in 1994 when current commissioner Patty Viverito was named the PFL commissioner, a leadership position she continues to fill.

PIONEER FOOTBALL LEAGUE STAFF DIRECTORY

Name
Position
Phone

Patty Viverito
Commissioner
[E-Mail ([email protected])]
314-444-4364

Maxine Day
Executive Assistant

314-444-4364

Cody Bush
Media Relations Director
[E-Mail ([email protected])]
931-980-4940

Pioneer Football League
1818 Chouteau Ave. | St. Louis, MO 63103
(p) 314.444.4360 |
Contact Us (http://www.pioneer-football.org/pfl/default/)

To take this to another level...

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Lynx are owned by the same person, headquartered under the same address, share the same arena, share the same new training/rehab facility, share the same new practice facility, share the same colors, the mascots are basically just male/female versions of each other, logos are very similar, etc... The only differences between them is coaching staff and GM. They should get their media rights packaged together...right?

clenz
August 3rd, 2015, 03:39 PM
I forgot that none of that fits the Missouri State attitude of "The MVC hates us. Everything bad that happens to us is their fault. They are completely out to get us. I can't wait to get out" mentality.

MSUBear42
August 3rd, 2015, 03:41 PM
I forgot that none of that fits the Missouri State attitude of "The MVC hates us. Everything bad that happens to us is their fault. They are completely out to get us. I can't wait to get out" mentality.

So. To get this correct, you're perfectly fine with the current "TV Package" that the MVFC has??

God I forgot how annoying you were.

clenz
August 3rd, 2015, 03:55 PM
So. To get this correct, you're perfectly fine with the current "TV Package" that the MVFC has??

God I forgot how annoying you were.
Did I was I was fine with it? Nope.

I, however, am smart enough to realize that the MVC and MVFC packages are completely separate.

Also, UNI has every single home game broadcast in glorious HD all across the state of Iowa on TV and ESPN3 already. It's schools like Indiana State and Missouri State who are way behind the times and make it incredibly difficult to see games involving them.

Why are you trying to change the subject though? Not only changing it, but deflecting it to the point of a personal attack rather than coming back to refute what I stated.

I forgot how much of a whiner you, and most, MSU fans are.

IBleedYellow
August 3rd, 2015, 04:20 PM
Did I was I was fine with it? Nope.

I, however, am smart enough to realize that the MVC and MVFC packages are completely separate.

Also, UNI has every single home game broadcast in glorious HD all across the state of Iowa on TV and ESPN3 already. It's schools like Indiana State and Missouri State who are way behind the times and make it incredibly difficult to see games involving them.

Why are you trying to change the subject though? Not only changing it, but deflecting it to the point of a personal attack rather than coming back to refute what I stated.

I forgot how much of a whiner you, and most, MSU fans are.

Shhh Clenz. Other posters will figure out that it really wasn't the MVFC that got UNI the TV deal....or NDSU their TV deal. Clearly the Valley(s) are out to get the football members.

clenz
August 3rd, 2015, 04:29 PM
Shhh Clenz. Other posters will figure out that it really wasn't the MVFC that got UNI the TV deal....or NDSU their TV deal. Clearly the Valley(s) are out to get the football members.
Same type of poster was blaming the MVC for years on a bad TV deal (and it was before) yet UNI, Wichita State, Illinois State, SIU, even Drake, found ways to get their games out there through TV and ESPN3 deals.

Sycamore62
August 5th, 2015, 09:26 AM
any predictions on the conference's OOC record this year. Last year was pretty good (understatement).

Houndawg
August 5th, 2015, 10:36 AM
any predictions on the conference's OOC record this year. Last year was pretty good (understatement).

....won't be getting any help from SIU.

Pant8her
August 5th, 2015, 12:47 PM

OOC predicts
Week 1

NDSU @ Montana
SDSU @ Kansas*
UNI @ Iowa State*
ISUr @ Iowa*
YSU @ Pitt*
USD @ Kansas State*
Eastern Illinois @ WIU
SIU @ Indiana*
MSU @ Memphis*
Butler @ ISUb
(4-6)

Week 2
Southern Utah @ SDSU
Weber State @ NDSU
Eastern Washington @ UNI
Morgan State @ ISUr
Robert Morris @ YSU
USD @ UC Davis
WIU @ Illinois*
SIU @ SE Missouri State
Chadron State @ MSU
ISUb @ Purdue*
(7-3, 11-9)

Week 3

Robert Morris @ SDSU
North Dakota @ NDSU
UNI @ Cal Poly
ISUr @ Eastern Illinois
St. Francis @ YSU
Drake @ USD
WIU @ Coastal Carolina
Liberty @ SIU
MSU @ Arkansas State*
SE Missouri State @ ISUb
(6-4,17-13)
Take out FBS games 16-4

Pant8her
August 15th, 2015, 11:44 PM
No matter how you look at these Sagarin numbers the MVFC is going to be a Tough conference.
aka: THE MEAT-GRINDER

North Dakota State

Northern Iowa

Illinois State

South Dakota State

Youngstown State

Southern Illinois

Indiana State

Missouri State

Western Illinois

South Dakota

ysubigred
August 17th, 2015, 10:35 AM

Alabama A&M Bulldogs
Alabama State Hornets
Albany Great Danes
Alcorn State Braves
Austin Peay Governors
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
Brown Bears
Bryant Bulldogs
Bucknell Bison
Butler Bulldogs
Cal Poly Mustangs
Campbell Fighting Camels
Central Arkansas Bears
Chattanooga Mocs
Colgate Raiders
Columbia Lions
Cornell Big Red
Dartmouth Big Green
Davidson Wildcats
Dayton Flyers
Delaware State Hornets
Drake Bulldogs
Duquesne Dukes
Elon Phoenix
Florida A&M Rattlers
Fordham Rams
Furman Paladins
Georgetown Hoyas
Grambling State Tigers
Hampton Pirates
Harvard Crimson
Holy Cross Crusaders
Howard Bison
Idaho State Bengals
Illinois State Redbirds
Indiana State Sycamores
Jackson State Tigers
Jacksonville Dolphins
James Madison Dukes
Lafayette Leopards
Lamar Cardinals
Lehigh Mountain Hawks
Liberty Flames
Maine Black Bears
Marist Red Foxes
McNeese State Cowboys
Mercer Bears
Missouri State Bears
Monmouth Hawks
Montana Grizzlies
Montana State Bobcats
Morehead State Eagles
Morgan State Bears
Murray State Racers
New Hampshire Wildcats
Nicholls State Colonels
Norfolk State Spartans
North Dakota (UND)
North Dakota State Bison
Northern Colorado Bears
Northern Iowa Panthers
Pennsylvania Quakers
Portland State Vikings
Presbyterian Blue Hose
Princeton Tigers
Rhode Island Rams
Richmond Spiders
Robert Morris Colonials
Sacramento State Hornets
Sacred Heart Pioneers
Saint Francis Red Flash
Samford Bulldogs
San Diego Toreros
Savannah State Tigers
South Dakota Coyotes
Southern Jaguars
Stony Brook Seawolves
Tennessee State Tigers
Texas Southern Tigers
The Citadel Bulldogs
Towson Tigers
UC Davis Aggies
Valparaiso Crusaders
Villanova Wildcats
Wagner Seahawks
Weber State Wildcats
William & Mary Tribe
Wofford Terriers
Yale Bulldogs

None

It's fun to see posters like Yote 53, Bison Backer, any YSU fan, etc... get all uppity when I post about their team

I don't xeyebrowx
I know you're jealous of....

http://www.ysusports.com/fan_zone/championship_trophies.jpg?max_height=315&max_width=600

And

http://www.ysu.edu/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Tressel-hall-of-fame.jpg

Keep up the great posts you're a valued contributor to the board xthumbsupx

clenz
August 17th, 2015, 10:50 AM
I don't xeyebrowx

http://www.ysusports.com/fan_zone/championship_trophies.jpg?max_height=315&max_width=600

False

eleventy billion times false....though it is amazing the way he is a god in Ohio is has cheated his way into jobs he's completely unqualified for

Also false...

xcoffeex:D

The Yo Show
August 17th, 2015, 12:35 PM
You know whats funny though? As much as he seemed unqualified to lead a university as a president, his on the job performance is head and shoulders above the past two presidents. He just cut the deficit at YSU by 7 million (from 10 to 3) in the past year.

He has also frozen undergraduate tuition (which was increasing every year the past several years before he was president). Say all you want about his qualifications for the position, but he actually has been exceeding my expectations so far in terms of on the job performance.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 17th, 2015, 12:41 PM
I don't xeyebrowx

And

You forgot this picture:

http://www.cyncap.com/images/portfolio/fraud/pharmor.png

UNIFanSince1983
August 17th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Actually he is probably more jealous of this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/451038023791038464/wG6l0e_5_400x400.jpeg

jtthenutt
August 17th, 2015, 09:47 PM
enough is enough. I want my cat back!!!!

sorry, trying to get to 10 posts. This is my first. hi folks!

clenz
August 17th, 2015, 09:48 PM
enough is enough. I want my cat back!!!!

sorry, trying to get to 10 posts. This is my first. hi folks!
Well, well, well....look what the cat drug in.

Sycamore62
August 18th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Imagine what Urban Meyer will be able to do in Ohio when he retires. I assume they will elect him King.

Penguin Nation
August 18th, 2015, 11:39 AM
You know whats funny though? As much as he seemed unqualified to lead a university as a president, his on the job performance is head and shoulders above the past two presidents. He just cut the deficit at YSU by 7 million (from 10 to 3) in the past year.

He has also frozen undergraduate tuition (which was increasing every year the past several years before he was president). Say all you want about his qualifications for the position, but he actually has been exceeding my expectations so far in terms of on the job performance.

The number of incoming Freshman up 17% from last year. Applications were up 121%

Tressel should wear a cape.

BisonBacker
August 18th, 2015, 03:45 PM

Alabama A&M Bulldogs
Alabama State Hornets
Albany Great Danes
Alcorn State Braves
Austin Peay Governors
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
Brown Bears
Bryant Bulldogs
Bucknell Bison
Butler Bulldogs
Cal Poly Mustangs
Campbell Fighting Camels
Central Arkansas Bears
Chattanooga Mocs
Colgate Raiders
Columbia Lions
Cornell Big Red
Dartmouth Big Green
Davidson Wildcats
Dayton Flyers
Delaware State Hornets
Drake Bulldogs
Duquesne Dukes
Elon Phoenix
Florida A&M Rattlers
Fordham Rams
Furman Paladins
Georgetown Hoyas
Grambling State Tigers
Hampton Pirates
Harvard Crimson
Holy Cross Crusaders
Howard Bison
Idaho State Bengals
Illinois State Redbirds
Indiana State Sycamores
Jackson State Tigers
Jacksonville Dolphins
James Madison Dukes
Lafayette Leopards
Lamar Cardinals
Lehigh Mountain Hawks
Liberty Flames
Maine Black Bears
Marist Red Foxes
McNeese State Cowboys
Mercer Bears
Missouri State Bears
Monmouth Hawks
Montana Grizzlies
Montana State Bobcats
Morehead State Eagles
Morgan State Bears
Murray State Racers
New Hampshire Wildcats
Nicholls State Colonels
Norfolk State Spartans
North Dakota (UND)
North Dakota State Bison
Northern Colorado Bears
Northern Iowa Panthers
Pennsylvania Quakers
Portland State Vikings
Presbyterian Blue Hose
Princeton Tigers
Rhode Island Rams
Richmond Spiders
Robert Morris Colonials
Sacramento State Hornets
Sacred Heart Pioneers
Saint Francis Red Flash
Samford Bulldogs
San Diego Toreros
Savannah State Tigers
South Dakota Coyotes
Southern Jaguars
Stony Brook Seawolves
Tennessee State Tigers
Texas Southern Tigers
The Citadel Bulldogs
Towson Tigers
UC Davis Aggies
Valparaiso Crusaders
Villanova Wildcats
Wagner Seahawks
Weber State Wildcats
William & Mary Tribe
Wofford Terriers
Yale Bulldogs

None

Man I must have hit a nerve with you I see you pointed me out twice in this thread. Hey I could care a less what you post or who you post about me included. Just don't whine like a bitch when you get called out on it. Newsflash for ya we can have a differing opinion on some things. Carry on.

Penguin Nation
August 18th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Fundraising doubles during President Tressel's first year?

http://www.wfmj.com/story/29813566/ysu-doubles-fundraising-during-tressels-first-year

Interesting to watch Akron decline (where Tress was also a candidate for Prez), while YSU is again on the rise.

Pant8her
August 29th, 2015, 05:29 PM
NDSU pass defense must be bad, by looking at the Montana - NDSU game

With 10 minutes to go in the game it is 35-28 NDSU.

However the most points scored on NDSU last season was 27 and that was the championship game.

F'N Hawks
September 1st, 2015, 11:27 AM
The Iowa State/UNI spread is 8. The total is 62.5.

That total is a bit high isn't it considering how good UNI's defense is?

clenz
September 1st, 2015, 11:34 AM
The Iowa State/UNI spread is 8. The total is 62.5.

That total is a bit high isn't it considering how good UNI's defense is?
Probably, but both teams now run very fast offenses - much like Montana ran against NDSU. UNI's OC has said his system is very similar to Baylor, Auburn, TCU and Oregon. Even if both teams make a lot of stops it's likely to have 80-90+ players per team run.

dewey
September 1st, 2015, 11:34 AM
However the most points scored on NDSU last season was 27 and that was the championship game.

Coastal Carolina scored 32 in the quarterfinals against NDSU.

Dewey

Grizalltheway
September 1st, 2015, 11:36 AM
NDSU pass defense must be bad, by looking at the Montana - NDSU game

With 10 minutes to go in the game it is 35-28 NDSU.

Tough to tell from one game, but I think you have to give some credit to UM's offense and receivers. I really doubt you'll see them give up anywhere near 430 passing yards the rest of the season.

dewey
September 1st, 2015, 11:52 AM
Tough to tell from one game, but I think you have to give some credit to UM's offense and receivers. I really doubt you'll see them give up anywhere near 430 passing yards the rest of the season.

I am not intending to make excuses but having a healthy CJ Smith back in the secondary will help the rest of the season. Plus you have to give a lot of credit to those Montana WR's...they wree good.

Dewey

Pant8her
September 5th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Well it is week 1 and the MVFC is 1-1 in OOC

(Sagarin rating)

We still have the following games today:
Illinois State (84) @ FBS Iowa (43)
Butler (241) @ Indiana State (119)
Missouri State (136) @ FBS Memphis (65)
UNI (82) @ FBS Iowa State (67)
U South Dakota (165) @ FBS Kansas State (27)
SDSU (98) @ FBS Kansas (93)
SIU (114) @ FBS Indiana (81)
YSU (102) @ FBS Pitt (45)

My Picks:
Iowa
In St
Memphis
Ia St
KSU
SDSU
Indiana
Pitt
However I think: Ill St, UNI, and SIU have a shot to win as well.

Your picks?

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Welcome back to meat grinder? Still looks dominant.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Welcome back to meat grinder? Still looks dominant.

I see a lot of offenses that are going to be nightmares for NDSU....could be a long year in Fargo.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I see a lot of offenses that are going to be nightmares for NDSU....could be a long year in Fargo.
I thought that right after that Montana game.

UNI is going to run an offense just like Montana - sounds like Aaron Bailey (the Illinois Transfer) is the starter and Sawer is 3rd string with the Freshman Dunne as the back up. Supposedly he looked like the 4* player he was supposed to be out of HS. That, if true, gives UNI a QB like Roberson but *more highly touted* out of HS.
Illinois State isn't going to be as bad as they looked today
YSU has a ton of weapons
WIU has a ton of weapons on offense
SIU has talent, it's if they can't get a team to come together
SDSU clearly has a top flight passing game.

Whoever has the best defense is going to win this thing (again)

Drblankstare
September 5th, 2015, 05:06 PM
This whole damn league is scary. As usual..... Well most of it. Someday USD, someday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 05:13 PM

Based on one game?

Bison will be fine.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Based on one game?

Bison will be fine.The defense will get better, but you are a blind homer beyond belief if a fast past offense with talent on the outside doesn't scare you moving forward. CJ Smith coming back isn't going to fix everything else on that defense.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Also...Rumor all week was the Bailey was the starter and Dunne was the back up for UNI and they were the only 2 getting reps with the 1's this week.

Word from the stadium is Kollmorgen is listed on the official 2 deep as the starter.

Jesus ****. Kollmorgen better have been getting the reps all week if that's the case and Farley just playing ****ing games. Enough of this ****ing bull**** from him. I'm getting pretty god damn sick of his ****.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 05:20 PM
The defense will get better, but you are a blind homer beyond belief if a fast past offense with talent on the outside doesn't scare you moving forward. CJ Smith coming back isn't going to fix everything else on that defense.

And you think you're the smartest MFer in this forum. Based on one frickin game, everyone thinks the Bison are in for a rude awakening now. Let's see how the games progress.

IBleedYellow
September 5th, 2015, 05:34 PM
That was the first game of the season against a football team that hadn't beat NDSU since WW1 had finished. Montana stepped up, and has great receivers. NDSUs defense is young and had to replace the best defense that probably ever graced the FCS. There was bound to be a stepback, but remember, the man that ran that killer defense is the current head coach. NDSU will have to improve every week during OOC and come out strong in the Valley.

Lots of football left. One game early doesn't make a season. The young guys have to learn the system. It's going to be a very competitive league this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 05:39 PM
That was the first game of the season against a football team that hadn't beat NDSU since WW1 had finished. Montana stepped up, and has great receivers. NDSUs defense is young and had to replace the best defense that probably ever graced the FCS. There was bound to be a stepback, but remember, the man that ran that killer defense is the current head coach. NDSU will have to improve every week during OOC and come out strong in the Valley.

Lots of football left. One game early doesn't make a season. The young guys have to learn the system. It's going to be a very competitive league this year.

I agree. Good post!

WGS is one of the toughest or the toughest FCS venue to play in. Bison had a chance to win that game. The defense got shredded in the passing game but the game was still only a 3 point loss with the Griz scoring with 2 seconds left.

The Valley will definitely be strong again this year. It just makes me laugh at the predictions now after only one game.....less than 10% of the season so far...xlolx

Now if the Bison come out against Weber and cannot do anything on offense and get blown out by 40, then I'll take a step back and say that they might be in trouble but until then I'll say the Bison will be fine.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 05:41 PM
And you think you're the smartest MFer in this forum. Based on one frickin game, everyone thinks the Bison are in for a rude awakening now. Let's see how the games progress.
Who in the **** said that, you whiny little ****?

Go listen to the ****ing FCS Wedge and LISTEN to what the **** I SAID about NDSU.

Here..I'll make it impossible for you to ****ing ignore. Here's the link to the MVFC segment for the FCS Wedge

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ags-radio-show/2015/09/04/the-missouri-valley-wedge-09052015

Go to 12:06 and listen to my answer to that question.

Jesus ****, you, NoDak, and BisonBacker are un****ingbelievable when it comes to someone not sucking NDSU dick non ****ing stop.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Or, do you want to continue to live in complete ignorance of reality? I can post the damn transcript of it, if you would like

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Who in the **** said that, you whiny little ****?

Go listen to the ****ing FCS Wedge and LISTEN to what the **** I SAID about NDSU.

Here..I'll make it impossible for you to ****ing ignore. Here's the link to the MVFC segment for the FCS Wedge

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ags-radio-show/2015/09/04/the-missouri-valley-wedge-09052015

Go to 12:06 and listen to my answer to that question.

Jesus ****, you, NoDak, and BisonBacker are un****ingbelievable when it comes to someone not sucking NDSU dick non ****ing stop.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Or, do you want to continue to live in complete ignorance of reality? I can post the damn transcript of it, if you would like

You know what asshole, go **** yourself with your arrogant, smug bull****.

People can post their opinions on here. Then all of a sudden Capt. Asshole comes in and belittles their opinion. I could care less what you said about NDSU on FCS Wedge.

Get over your Big Man complex. Here's a little pointer for you tough guy....not everyone agrees with you. Get it!

Frickin asshole.

JayJ79
September 5th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Clenz is evidently a 4* poster.

(his posts contain an excessive amount of 4* groupings)

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Hey smart guy:

You want a medal or a chest to pin it on??

xcoffeex

IBleedYellow
September 5th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I mean...are the personal attacks really nessecary, on both sides?

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Based on one game?

Bison will be fine.

Well....NDSU's game against Montana...plus the showings SIU, SDSU, WIU, etc. have shown so far in week 1 (week 0 being the FCS opener). Not saying NDSU is in BIG trouble...just that they have a pretty good hill to climb potentially in the league this year.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2015, 06:07 PM

UNI is going to run an offense just like Montana - sounds like Aaron Bailey (the Illinois Transfer) is the starter and Sawer is 3rd string with the Freshman Dunne as the back up. Supposedly he looked like the 4* player he was supposed to be out of HS. That, if true, gives UNI a QB like Roberson but *more highly touted* out of HS.
YSU has a ton of weapons

The defense will get better, but you are a blind homer beyond belief if a fast past offense with talent on the outside doesn't scare you moving forward. CJ Smith coming back isn't going to fix everything else on that defense.

Honestly Bison Fan in NW MN....WTF did clenz say that is incorrect? A fast pace passing offense could cause the Bison fits this year...as he even said, the D will get better as the year goes on, but they are going to have to improve (and quickly!) before that SDSU game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Well....NDSU's game against Montana...plus the showings SIU, SDSU, WIU, etc. have shown so far in week 1 (week 0 being the FCS opener). Not saying NDSU is in BIG trouble...just that they have a pretty good hill to climb potentially in the league this year.

You bet, I agree. The Valley is going to be tough as nails.

I personally think the Bison will be fine but if they come out and get blown out by a Weber State team then we should all be concerned. I don't think that will happen with all of the talent on the team.

Teams have injuries and now it is next man up for some guys. Plankers and now ZJ have broken feet. Tough to lose ZJ now but the 2nd OG needs to step up.

1st home game should be awesome!

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2015, 06:12 PM

YSU has a ton of weapons

You bet, I agree. The Valley is going to be tough as nails.

I personally think the Bison will be fine but if they come out and get blown out by a Weber State team then we should all be concerned. I don't think that will happen with all of the talent on the team.

Teams have injuries and now it is next man up for some guys. Plankers and now ZJ have broken feet. Tough to lose ZJ now but the 2nd OG needs to step up.

1st home game should be awesome!

Agree....throw in the fact that UND might not be a complete wet blanket, and the Bison have 2 almost "must wins" if there is such a thing in the OOC schedule. 6 wins in the Valley might be tough to come by to get to 7-8 wins.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Honestly Bison Fan in NW MN....WTF did clenz say that is incorrect? A fast pace passing offense could cause the Bison fits this year...as he even said, the D will get better as the year goes on, but they are going to have to improve (and quickly!) before that SDSU game.

So, I'm a "blind homer beyond belief" since I think the Bison will be fine?

Just because someone doesn't agree with Capt. Smartest FCS Mind on the AGS forum, then they are what he said?

Well, everyone can have an opinion on here. When he throws out his Kamikaze salvos to anyone that doesn't agree with him if get a little frickin old.

Yes, another fast break offense could give the Bison fits or any other type offense but maybe not also. Only one game has been played so far.

mmiller_34
September 5th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Well this thread took a ****.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 06:23 PM
You know what asshole, go **** yourself with your arrogant, smug bull****.

People can post their opinions on here. Then all of a sudden Capt. Asshole comes in and belittles their opinion. I could care less what you said about NDSU on FCS Wedge.

Get over your Big Man complex. Here's a little pointer for you tough guy....not everyone agrees with you. Get it!

Frickin asshole.
So, you're admitting to not wanting to get past your self imposed ignorance to hear what my thoughts on NDSU are? Alright then. Ignore the fact that I picked NDSU to win the conference title BECAUSE of their defense and this historical championship pedigree those players have. Ignore how I said that the defense will grow and be very good by the end of the season. Ignore how none of the psoters here have predicted NDSU to be bad this year and simply said "Man, if that defense doesn't get worked out it could be a slide back" or "Wow, there look to be offenses that could give NDSU's defense some troubled based on what we've seen". IGNORE ALL OF THAT, so you can continue to play the victim. I'm amazed, on a daily basis, how insecure NDSU fans like you, NoDak and BisonBacker are when it comes to NDSU - especially after 4 straight titles.

We gave...hell, only 2 people commented on it in this thread - myself and an NDSU fan. The Bison fan was actually significantly more down on NDSU's defense than I was. A NDSU fan used the word "nightmare". What I said was "The defense will get better" I also went to add that you're a blind homer if the thought of a fast paced, spread offense, with the kind of talent you'll see in the MVFC doesn't scare you a bit.

You then jump in with the initial escalation of this string of posts when you said "And you think you're the smartest MFer in this forum." That was your response to me saying NDSU's "defense will get better". Really? Think about that for a second. Seriously, just one.

ESPECIALLY when it's pretty easy to find out that I picked NDSU to win the conference title, again BECAUSE of the defense.

So, you're allowed to have an opinion but no one is allowed to have a different one without you coming after them with "And you think you're the smartest MFer in this forum"? Really?

The reason I jumped at you like that is because there was no reason for you to come at me like that. It was the NDSU fan who was doom and gloom. The other reason is it shows me that you don't take the time to listen to the FCS Wedge, even just the MVFC portion of it. It's not like it was hard to find. It was posted on the forums last night, it was posted on my facebook (I realize we aren't facebook friends), IBY shared it from my facebook, JT Nutt shared it from his facebook (also realize you aren't friends with him). It was also posted on the AGS facebook page. It's on the radio in your market. I don't care about you not listening because of me. I couldn't give a damn if someone listened because of me. Hell, I hope I'm not the reason your listening. If that's the case you have a low standard. What pisses me off about it is it goes to show how little you care about the hours and hours and hours of work that Kevin and Troy put into that show every single week. The effort they go through selling the show to the radio stations, lining up GREAT interviews, writing the script, producing the show, editing the show, getting everyone involved with the show lined up on time to be a part of it (that's not easy given that Troy and Kevin are in Missoula, Lance from the BSC segment is in Fargo, Kris from the BSC is in Spokane, I am in Cedar Rapids, JT is in Des Moines, and Jordan is in Fargo and still involved with the show. I don't give a damn about me being involved. I'm easily replaced by anyone who is willing to give a damn about it. I leave the show and it continues without missing a beat. That's what pisses me off about it.

But continue to live in your little world where no one should be allowed to say anything except "ALL HAIL THE BISON" if you please. Just don't ever agree with anything I say about another program again. It only continues to prove what I said about you (and others) who can't handle when I speak about your program but LOVE IT when I do the same to other programs.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean...are the personal attacks really nessecary, on both sides?
I've now said my piece in my last post about it and am moving on. I shouldn't have fallen into the same exact trap he lays out every time someone doesn't bow to NDSU unconditionally.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 06:25 PM
So, I'm a "blind homer beyond belief" since I think the Bison will be fine?

Just because someone doesn't agree with Capt. Smartest FCS Mind on the AGS forum, then they are what he said?

Well, everyone can have an opinion on here. When he throws out his Kamikaze salvos to anyone that doesn't agree with him if get a little frickin old.

Yes, another fast break offense could give the Bison fits or any other type offense but maybe not also. Only one game has been played so far.I know I said I was done...

WHAT ****ING SALVO DID I THROW?

I SAID YOU'RE ****ING DEFENSE WILL GET BETTER AND YOU ****ING JUMPED ON ME!

DEAR GOD.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Not even going to read your crap.

I said the Bison will be fine and you think that is "homerism".

News flash: Not everyone agrees with you pal.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2015, 06:27 PM
So, you're admitting to not wanting to get past your self imposed ignorance to hear what my thoughts on NDSU are? Alright then. Ignore the fact that I picked NDSU to win the conference title BECAUSE of their defense and this historical championship pedigree those players have. Ignore how I said that the defense will grow and be very good by the end of the season. Ignore how none of the psoters here have predicted NDSU to be bad this year and simply said "Man, if that defense doesn't get worked out it could be a slide back" or "Wow, there look to be offenses that could give NDSU's defense some troubled based on what we've seen". IGNORE ALL OF THAT, so you can continue to play the victim. I'm amazed, on a daily basis, how insecure NDSU fans like you, NoDak and BisonBacker are when it comes to NDSU - especially after 4 straight titles.

We gave...hell, only 2 people commented on it in this thread - myself and an NDSU fan. The Bison fan was actually significantly more down on NDSU's defense than I was. A NDSU fan used the word "nightmare". What I said was "The defense will get better" I also went to add that you're a blind homer if the thought of a fast paced, spread offense, with the kind of talent you'll see in the MVFC doesn't scare you a bit.

You then jump in with the initial escalation of this string of posts when you said "And you think you're the smartest MFer in this forum." That was your response to me saying NDSU's "defense will get better". Really? Think about that for a second. Seriously, just one.

ESPECIALLY when it's pretty easy to find out that I picked NDSU to win the conference title, again BECAUSE of the defense.

So, you're allowed to have an opinion but no one is allowed to have a different one without you coming after them with "And you think you're the smartest MFer in this forum"? Really?

The reason I jumped at you like that is because there was no reason for you to come at me like that. It was the NDSU fan who was doom and gloom. The other reason is it shows me that you don't take the time to listen to the FCS Wedge, even just the MVFC portion of it. It's not like it was hard to find. It was posted on the forums last night, it was posted on my facebook (I realize we aren't facebook friends), IBY shared it from my facebook, JT Nutt shared it from his facebook (also realize you aren't friends with him). It was also posted on the AGS facebook page. It's on the radio in your market. I don't care about you not listening because of me. I couldn't give a damn if someone listened because of me. Hell, I hope I'm not the reason your listening. If that's the case you have a low standard. What pisses me off about it is it goes to show how little you care about the hours and hours and hours of work that Kevin and Troy put into that show every single week. The effort they go through selling the show to the radio stations, lining up GREAT interviews, writing the script, producing the show, editing the show, getting everyone involved with the show lined up on time to be a part of it (that's not easy given that Troy and Kevin are in Missoula, Lance from the BSC segment is in Fargo, Kris from the BSC is in Spokane, I am in Cedar Rapids, JT is in Des Moines, and Jordan is in Fargo and still involved with the show. I don't give a damn about me being involved. I'm easily replaced by anyone who is willing to give a damn about it. I leave the show and it continues without missing a beat. That's what pisses me off about it.

But continue to live in your little world where no one should be allowed to say anything except "ALL HAIL THE BISON" if you please. Just don't ever agree with anything I say about another program again. It only continues to prove what I said about you (and others) who can't handle when I speak about your program but LOVE IT when I do the same to other programs.

- - - Updated - - -

I've now said my piece in my last post about it and am moving on. I shouldn't have fallen into the same exact trap he lays out every time someone doesn't bow to NDSU unconditionally.

Yeah....nightmare might be a bit strong, but my point still stands. How about those MVFC offenses will give the Bison "fits"/trouble this year?

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 06:28 PM

News flash: Not everyone agrees with you pal.This just keeps getting better.

He won't even read what I wrote...even though he will...

What a joke.

Yep, I'm the asshole here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I know I said I was done...

WHAT ****ING SALVO DID I THROW?

I SAID YOU'RE ****ING DEFENSE WILL GET BETTER AND YOU ****ING JUMPED ON ME!

DEAR GOD.

Hey smartass: GO BACK AND READ WHAT I SAID WHEN YOU STARTED JUMPIN ME AND CALLING ME A HOMER

I said, I think the Bison will be fine. Boy, I guess that is homerism.

Frick

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:30 PM
This just keeps getting better.

What a joke.

Man, you keep getting more stupid with every post

frozennorth
September 5th, 2015, 06:30 PM
This is dumb.

BisonFan02
September 5th, 2015, 06:31 PM
This just keeps getting better.

What a joke.

Man, you keep getting more stupid with every post

Both of you guys....just knock it the **** off....log off and go take a Xanax or something. xlolx

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Also, I never said thinking the Bison will be fine is blind homerism.

I said...and I will quote "you are a blind homer beyond belief if a fast past offense with talent on the outside doesn't scare you moving forward."...down to the fact I quoted my own typo

Maybe I said it wrong...Maybe "inflated sense of self/hubris" is a better way to word it?

Does any other NDSU poster have an issue with what I said that started him on this whole thing? I really didn't think I said anything inflammatory.

As a UNI fan I can tell you I have a lot of confidence this could be a good season, but am not homerish enough to believe that what appears to be a weakness for UNI can't/won't be exploited because of previous seasons

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Oh man, poor clenz, what a martyr!!!

You started this crap. I'm done with this.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Also, I never said thinking the Bison will be fine is blind homerism.

I said...and I will quote "you are a blind homer beyond belief if a fast past offense with talent on the outside doesn't scare you moving forward."...down to the fact I quoted my own typo

Maybe I said it wrong...Maybe "inflated sense of self/hubris" is a better way to word it?

Does any other NDSU poster have an issue with what I said that started him on this whole thing? I really didn't think I said anything inflammatory.

As a UNI fan I can tell you I have a lot of confidence this could be a good season, but am not homerish enough to believe that what appears to be a weakness for UNI can't/won't be exploited because of previous seasons

JFC!

You call me a homer for saying I think the Bison will be fine and go off on a tangent. Ya, I think the Bison will be fine. They might fall on their face also.

BisoNick
September 5th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Can't we all just get along? Everybody will be fine. UNI will be fine. NDSU will be fine. Let's all just chill.

Where the hell is Coprich when you need him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 06:50 PM
We definitely have the talent to make a run and possibly still win the NC.
Saying that there is more uncertainty this year. I am not even convinced Montana is better than top 5. We played a terrible game, and barely lost. However, I am a lot lot more concerned about the MVFC. We could be in a world of hurt this year or not. One thing for sure it won't be easy. Our coaching really concerns me, creativity on offensive calling is a big problem, plus all the NIU BS. Defense we are vulnerable against the long ball. The next 2 games are must win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 06:51 PM

Enough said!!

Like I said, I think the Bison will be fine.

Sorry to all the other guys in here. Sorry guys!

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Enough said!!

Like I said, I think the Bison will be fine.

Sorry to all the other guys in here. Sorry guys!If you leave out everything else I posted then yes, enough said, I guess

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Based on one game?

Bison will be fine.

This is what I said to Bisonfan02.

Ya, I think the Bison will be fine. What is wrong with that?

Twentysix
September 5th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Is the UNI game available anywhere? It isn't playing on first row.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:08 PM
This is what I said to Bisonfan02.

Ya, I think the Bison will be fine. What is wrong with that?Nothing. I agree with that. I've said as much time and time and time and time and time again. It's why I picked NDSU to win the title....BECAUSE OF THEIR DEFENSE....and that pick was made AFTER the Montana game.

I said if the thought of what we've seen from MVFC offenses today - looking a lot like Montana, isn't a scary proposition it's because one is a blind homer.

I believe that no matter who UNI puts at QB they are going to be just fine. There's zero reason for me to think that other than homerism. It's okay to think that. It's also okay for people to point out that based on what we've seen - a NDSU defense needing to replace 9 starters - that there's some real reason to think an offense like SIU, WIU, ISUr, etc.. have shown they can put on the field is a scary proposition.

UNI has the best secondary in the league and I'm scared as **** as to what SIU, NDSU and ISUr can throw at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the UNI game available anywhere? It isn't playing on first row.
I've been trying to get 2 different streams to work...I'm wondering if the Iowa State main feed is down.

I was trying to avoid paying $10 for it, but might have to bite the dust on it

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 07:09 PM
WIU destroyed EIU. They will be hard to beat as well.

clenz
September 5th, 2015, 07:10 PM
BOSSCAST FEED IS UP AND RUNNING FOR THE UNI GAME

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 5th, 2015, 07:11 PM
SDSU scored already over San Diego.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Clenz: I sent you a PM. I apologize for the name calling...not called for on my part. Hit a nerve with me.

Sorry to the other guys also.

The Yo Show
September 5th, 2015, 07:34 PM
The MVFC is looking tough this year! Sad the Penguins couldn't upset Pitt, but am really looking forward to conference games.

semobison
September 5th, 2015, 08:20 PM
WIU destroyed EIU. They will be hard to beat as well.

EIU had more total yards than WIU but had 5 turnovers in this game. I agree though I think the Necks are going to give some Valley teams trouble.

Bisonator
September 5th, 2015, 08:33 PM
So what I miss today? xlolx

Sycamore62
September 5th, 2015, 08:47 PM
EIU had more total yards than WIU but had 5 turnovers in this game. I agree though I think the Necks are going to give some Valley teams trouble.

Even with the total yards I was not impressed with EIU. I think WIU will compete.

I think ISUb will give some teams fits. Not as easy to tell playing Butler.

And just so we are clear, I am the smartest person here.

centennial
September 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM
So what I miss today? xlolx
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121006194735/potnoodles/images/3/3f/Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Slap-fight.gif

Sycamore62
September 5th, 2015, 08:53 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121006194735/potnoodles/images/3/3f/Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Slap-fight.gif

Where's my American flag zubaz pants at?

JayJ79
September 5th, 2015, 10:01 PM
SDSU scored already over San Diego.

that would be San Diego State University and has nothing to do with the MVFC.
Not sure why an FBS team is playing a Pioneer League team. Wins over non-scholarship teams don't count towards bowl eligibility.

Twentysix
September 5th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Not sure why an FBS team is playing a Pioneer League team. Wins over non-scholarship teams don't count towards bowl eligibility.

Probably because of the 9 mile thing. Basically circumstance...

San Diego State’s own scheduling difficulties were largely responsible for this game finally happening. Only after one FBS opponent fell through and two others were dragging out their commitment to the 2015 opener did SDSU -- facing the prospect of playing just 11 games and none of them before an important contest at Cal – agree to book USD.
No matter how often and loudly Jim Harbaugh used to push for a San Diego showdown when he was coaching at USD – and that was years before he replaced a former Aztecs head coach (Brady Hoke) as the new football boss at Michigan – SDSU and the Toreros otherwise might have gone on forever without playing each other.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/sep/03/aztecs-toreros-sky-show/

Sycamore62
September 5th, 2015, 10:36 PM

Due to their past improprieties with grants and aid, they can probably count them as a scholarship program.

Pant8her
September 8th, 2015, 06:06 PM
After the first week of the season the MVFC has dropped from 12th in conference standing to 18th, but that may be understandable based upon one game...xrolleyesx

12 MWC-MOUNTAIN ..............(A) = 65.96 65.65 ( 12) 6 65.74 ( 12)
13 MWC-WEST .....................(A) = 64.73 64.32 ( 13) 6 64.40 ( 13)
14 AAC WEST .......................(A) = 63.49 63.89 ( 14) 6 63.75 ( 14)
15 MAC-WEST.......................(A) = 61.10 60.29 ( 16) 6 60.73 ( 16)
16 CONFERENCE USA-EAST .. (A) = 60.53 60.21 ( 17) 7 60.40 ( 17)
17 CONFERENCE USA-WEST .(A) = 60.31 61.27 ( 15) 6 61.09 ( 15)
18 MISSOURI VALLEY ...... (AA)= 60.24 59.50 ( 18) 10 59.78 ( 18)
19 MAC-EAST ..................... (A) = 56.50 56.33 ( 19) 7 56.38 ( 19)
20 SUN BELT ..................... (A) = 54.90 54.67 ( 20) 11 54.76 ( 20)
21 BIG SKY ........................(AA)= 51.40 51.40 ( 21) 13 51.40 ( 21)
22 SOUTHERN ....................(AA)= 48.84 47.84 ( 23) 9 48.52 ( 22)
23 COLONIAL .....................(AA)= 48.54 47.99 ( 22) 12 48.23 ( 23)
24 OHIO VALLEY .................(AA)= 45.45 45.46 ( 24) 9 45.60 ( 24)
25 SOUTHLAND ..................(AA)= 43.47 42.70 ( 25) 11 43.32 ( 25)
26 BIG SOUTH ...................(AA)= 40.71 41.78 ( 26) 7 41.23 ( 26)
27 PATRIOT .......................(AA)= 40.16 40.14 ( 27) 7 40.12 ( 27)
28 IVY LEAGUE ..................(AA)= 38.84 38.56 ( 28) 8 38.68 ( 28)
29 NORTHEAST ..................(AA)= 36.68 36.21 ( 29) 7 36.31 ( 29)
30 MID-EASTERN ...............(AA)= 33.42 33.90 ( 30) 11 33.76 ( 30)
31 SWAC-EAST ..................(AA)= 29.85 29.04 ( 31) 5 29.44 ( 31)
32 SWAC-WEST .................(AA)= 28.01 27.55 ( 32) 5 27.67 ( 32)
33 PIONEER ......................(AA)= 23.63 23.95 ( 33) 11 23.83 ( 33)

Pant8her
September 9th, 2015, 09:57 AM
After week 1:
MVFC was 3-7 overall (2-1 FCS, and 1-6 FBS). Congrats to SDSU with the win over Kansas.

I feel the MVFC was down a bit with a couple of bigger than expected losses to FBS teams (ISUr and UNI) xsmhx, but surprised in others in how close they came to winning (SIU and YSU).

All I know is that it will be one tough conference and the winner may come out with two losses and the MVFC may only have two or three teams in the playoffs.

(Sagarin rating for refernce)

This week we have:
Morgan State (225) @ Illinois State (88)
Indiana State (130) @ FBS Purdue (93)
Chadron State (D-II) @ Missouri State (166)
Weber State (172) @ NDSU (69)
EWU (85) @ UNI (101)
Southern Utah (149) @ SDSU (94)
USD (168) @ UC Davis (174)
SIU (110) @ SeMo (175)
WIU (108) @ FBS Illinois (47)
RMU (238) @ YSU (99)

My picks are:
ISUr
Purdue
MSU
NDSU
SDSU
SIU
EWU
UC Davis
Illinois
YSU

MVFC 6-4, (6-2 FCS, 0-2 FBS), I also think it is within the realm of possibilities that ISUb could win against Purdue.

Your thoughts and picks for week 2…

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2015, 10:03 AM
A lot of interesting MVFC games this week. There's some big questions that'll be answered. Is WIU for real? Will NDSU re-assert themselves as a dominant team? Is UNI's offense really that bad? Does SIU rebound or crash and burn after an FBS near miss?

clenz
September 9th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Is UNI's offense really that bad?
yes

Evolution Prime
September 9th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Illinois State
Purdue
Missouri State
NDSU
EWU
SDSU
USD
SIU
Illinois
YSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Illinois State
Purdue
Missouri State
NDSU
EWU
SDSU
USD
SIU
Illinois
YSU

Ditto!!

BisonTru
September 9th, 2015, 04:57 PM
A lot of interesting MVFC games this week. There's some big questions that'll be answered. Is WIU for real? Will NDSU re-assert themselves as a dominant team? Is UNI's offense really that bad? Does SIU rebound or crash and burn after an FBS near miss?

.?near miss?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKdvTecYAM

Twentysix
September 9th, 2015, 06:13 PM
EWU (85) @ UNI (101)
SIU (110) @ SeMo (175)
RMU (238) @ YSU (99)

Houndawg
September 10th, 2015, 12:21 PM

News flash: Not everyone agrees with you pal.

So how long have you two been married?

clenz
September 10th, 2015, 12:39 PM
So how long have you two been married?
He'd be floored to find out I left NDSU #1 on my ballot for the AGS poll..

BUT DEATH TO NDSU IS IMMINENT.

Houndawg
September 10th, 2015, 12:50 PM
I still don't believe that SIU put up 660 yds of offense on a D1 opponent. Must be a misprint.

OSBF
September 10th, 2015, 01:11 PM
I still don't believe that SIU put up 660 yds of offense on a D1 opponent. Must be a misprint.

Everybody on the schedule is DI

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2015, 01:19 PM
He'd be floored to find out I left NDSU #1 on my ballot for the AGS poll..

BUT DEATH TO NDSU IS IMMINENT.

Not even rational NDSU fans left NDSU #1 on their ballot.

YOU ARE SO IRRATIONAL CLENZ OMG!!!

/s

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Is EVERYONE picking EWU to beat UNI this weekend?

I really would prefer it to go the other way, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Yote 53
September 10th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I am not picking EWU.

EWU (85) @ UNI (101)
SIU (110) @ SeMo (175)
RMU (238) @ YSU (99)

BisonTru
September 10th, 2015, 01:36 PM
In the spirit of homerism here's my picks:

EWU (85) @ UNI (101)
SIU (110) @ SeMo (175)
RMU (238) @ YSU (99)

BisonBacker
September 10th, 2015, 02:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Man talk about little man syndrome. You can't help but bring me up in this. Hell I hadn't even posted in this thread yet there you are. You know not a damn thing more than anyone else on this board. You have an opinion and you are entitled to it just as others are. Quit being such a ****ing drama queen. Everybody's picking on me. News flash we all have opinions and that's it. Not everyone will agree with you 100% of the time. Oh and the holier than thou attitude is comical.