PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Puts 10 on All-Patriot Teams

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2006, 10:04 AM
The awards were just announced. I think Jonathan Hurt got POY due to his 166 yards versus Lehigh:

Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year Jonathan Hurt, Lafayette
Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Taylor, Fordham
Patriot League Special Teams Player of the Year Jason Leo, Lehigh
Patriot League Rookie of the Year Charlie Houghton, Georgetown
Patriot League Coach of the Year Tom Gilmore, Holy Cross

Huge surprises: QB Sedale Threatt makes 1st team all-Patriot, and QB Brad Maurer makes second team. HC Dom Randolph is shut out.

Part-time DL Royce Morgan makes 1st team all-Patriot over 2 Lafayette "D" linemen.

HC Dan Adams makes 2nd-team all-Patriot behind Bucknell's Dorian Peterson.

Lafayette only places one OL on the 1st team all-Patriot, and one on the second team.

letsgopards04
November 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM
I thought Randolph was by far the best QB in the league. Lafayette's OL could have been the first team. They pound the snot out of everybody. Jonathan Hurt has had a monster second half of the season. 4 TD against G'Town, over 200 APY against Fordham. He has broken his single game personal rushing record i think three times this year. Plus he is a gamer. Something that Threatt isn't, thank god Threatt is finally gone after what seems like 6 years. I swear he played in the 2000 meeting.

I think with Bednarik possibly coming to Lehigh, all CBs should be on alert or else he is gonna burn you.

letsgopards04
November 21st, 2006, 10:15 AM
I would have even thrown a Joe Ort with over 800 yards? receiving into the mix for 2nd team.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2006, 10:33 AM
Joe Ort was 1st team, and Threatt is a junior, so you'll be seeing him next year.

I'm not sure about these Bednarik rumors, but I will have to hit my "sources" and find more information.

I agree with you on Lafayette's "O" line. I don't think the whole unit should have been 1st team, but more than two players would seem to have deserved being on both teams.

Lafayette71
November 21st, 2006, 10:51 AM
I would have thought that Nase would have been considered at least for the second team, but you don't see the other teams more than once so it's hard to judge.

Lafayette71
November 21st, 2006, 10:52 AM
14 Leopards between the first and second team. Only 5 underclassmen. A lot of guys are going to have to step up to keep this run going.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Here we go... http://patriotleague.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112106aab.html

First-Team Offense QB Sedale Threatt, Lehigh; RB Jonathan Hurt, Lafayette; RB Jordan Scott, Colgate; WR Ryan Maher, Holy Cross; WR Joe Ort, Lafayette; TE Landon Maggs, Lehigh; OL Jake Sulovski, Colgate; OL Mike Saint Germain, Lafayette; OL John Reese, Lehigh; OL Andrew Schoepfer, Holy Cross; OL Jim Petrucelli, Lehigh; OL Hall McMillan, Holy Cross; K Jason Leo, Lehigh

First-Team DefenseDL Alex Buzbee, Georgetown; DL Marvin Snipes, Lafayette; DL Paul Fabre, Lehigh; DL Royce Morgan, Lehigh; DL Eric Rackus, Lehigh; LB Mike Gallihugh, Colgate; LB Marcus Taylor, Fordham; LB Dorian Petersen, Bucknell; DB Julian Austin, Lehigh; DB Casey Gough, Holy Cross; DB Torian Johnson, Lafayette; DB Brannon Thomas, Lehigh P Benjamin Dato, Fordham

Second-Team Offense QB Brad Maurer, Lafayette; RB Marques Thompson, Lehigh; RB Josh DeStefano, Bucknell; WR Thomas Harrison, Holy Cross; WR Eric Burke, Colgate; TE Kevin Ganascioli, OL Lafayette; Greg Lippert, Lafayette; OL Stefan Niemczyk, Bucknell; OL Joel Hoffer, Bucknell; OL Jim Kehs, Lehigh; OL Jesse Padilla, Lafayette; K Rick Ziska, Lafayette

Second-Team Defense DL John Markus Pinard, Holy Cross; DL Jay Edwards, Fordham; DL Dan Liseno, Lafayette; DL Kyle Sprenkle, Lafayette; LB Dan Adams, Holy Cross; LB Andy Romans, Lafayette; LB Matt Mohler, Lehigh; DB Ernest Moore, Lehigh; DB Brian Tandy, Georgetown; DB Matt Palermo, Bucknell; DB Adrian Lawson, Lafayette; P Jason Sutton, Colgate

Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year Jonathan Hurt, Lafayette
Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Taylor, Fordham
Patriot League Special Teams Player of the Year Jason Leo, Lehigh
Patriot League Rookie of the Year Charlie Houghton, Georgetown
Patriot League Coach of the Year Tom Gilmore, Holy Cross

Awful.. awful... HOW do three players of Lehigh's Dline get named 1st-Team when they were MANHANDLED?

Ziska should be 1st-Team kicker.

carney2
November 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM
All "homer" responses aside, this seems more like a listing of "service awards" than an all-star team. I will make the following statement and then step aside for the rest of you to bitch and moan about how badly your favorite home team guy was treated:

Dominic Randolph from Holy Cross not being at least second team is criminal. He was the whole show up there.

LehighFan11
November 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
I'm not going to defend the selection of 3 Lehigh defensive lineman, beacuse that is insane. I agree with Sedale being on first team offense though. Randolph had a great year but his statistics were good beacuse all his team did was throw the ball. He had 50 passes v. Lehigh in the rain. When you throw the ball 50 times i hope you get 300 yards. Sedale was top 10 in passing efficeny and that is what matters. He had 4 INTs 2 to that great saftey from princeton, 2 v. lafayette (1 of which was at the end of the game). He is a junior and to all you lafayette fans, you will see him next year jus tlike we had to see Hurt and Mauer again.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not going to defend the selection of 3 Lehigh defensive lineman, beacuse that is insane. I agree with Sedale being on first team offense though. Randolph had a great year but his statistics were good beacuse all his team did was throw the ball. He had 50 passes v. Lehigh in the rain. When you throw the ball 50 times i hope you get 300 yards. Sedale was top 10 in passing efficeny and that is what matters. He had 4 INTs 2 to that great saftey from princeton, 2 v. lafayette (1 of which was at the end of the game). He is a junior and to all you lafayette fans, you will see him next year jus tlike we had to see Hurt and Mauer again.

Unlike Maurer or Hurt, Sedale has never done major damage and won THE GAME. :D

carney2
November 21st, 2006, 12:17 PM

That's the point. He is almost the only weapon they had AND he got it done. Holy Cross made a run at the PL championship almost solely due to Randolph's efforts. He, quite simply, made those around him better. If that isn't your MVP - or at least an all-star - I don't know what is. I think he had a better - and more "important" - year than Threatt, Maurer, Saraceno, you name it. Whistling in the wind.

LehighFan11
November 21st, 2006, 01:20 PM
You dont see Colt Brennan of Hawaii in Heisman talk. He has like 4,500 yds passing nd 45 tds but that is beacuse all Hawaii does is throw the ball. He may have great stats but like Randolph will not be an All American because he didn't lead his team to a championship like Threatt and Mauer did.

ngineer
November 21st, 2006, 06:21 PM
Joe Ort was 1st team, and Threatt is a junior, so you'll be seeing him next year.

I'm not sure about these Bednarik rumors, but I will have to hit my "sources" and find more information.

I agree with you on Lafayette's "O" line. I don't think the whole unit should have been 1st team, but more than two players would seem to have deserved being on both teams.

I agree the entire Lafayette OL deserved First Team for the way they played against US, but I get the feeling they didn't perform as well as a unit against some of our other brethern in the PL, even from what Tavani had said in earlier weeks. They seemed to 'get it together' at the "wrong" time...:( ;)

Andy
November 21st, 2006, 10:15 PM
14 Leopards between the first and second team. Only 5 underclassmen. A lot of guys are going to have to step up to keep this run going.

"Only five"?, five leads the league, is one more than Lehigh and several more than any other team. Last year we had four underclassmen.

LC had three o-linemen named to the teams not two--Saint, Padilla and Lippert.

The only beef I have is Sprenkle. I think he deserved first team.