PDA

View Full Version : Ballots Distributed for Payton, Buchanan, Robinson Awards

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The race for the top player, defensive player, and coach in I-AA college football took a final step on Monday as ballots for the 2006 Walter Payton Award, Buck Buchanan Award, and Eddie Robinson Award were mailed to all voters.

The ballots, which were sent to media and I-AA sports information directors selected for the voting process, will be due via fax by Wednesday, November 22nd. The top three finalists (in terms of votes received) for the Walter Payton Award will be invited to attend the presentation of the Awards, with the winner of that Award not announced until the event. The 20th Annual I-AA College Football Awards will be held Dec. 14th in Chattanooga, TN, on the eve of the Division I Football Championship title game.

Three revisions have been made to the most recent "Payton Watch" list, and two to the "Buchanan Battle" list. Central Connecticut State running back Justise Hairston, Illinois State running back Pierre Rembert and James Madison quarterback Justin Rascati are on the Payton list, with Colgate linebacker Mike Gallihugh and Maine defensive end Matt King making the Buchanan list.

Following are the 32 players and 16 coaches appearing on the 2006 Walter Payton, Buck Buchanan, and Eddie Robinson Award ballots. Additional information on each player, as well as history and facts about each of the I-AA awards, is available at www.sportsnetwork.com.

-----
Good luck to all!

rmutv
November 20th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Hairston is the only NEC representative on all three ballots. Josh Johnson is a Payton nominee and Harbaugh is a Robinson nominee. I don't think any of those three win.

I think Ball wins Payton because of the national press surrounding his achievements this year.

I think Jerry Moore, Craig Bohl, or Jon Heacock wins the Robinson award. Moore and Heacock because of the sheer dominance their programs have had. Bohl is my favorite because NDSU would be the best I-AA team in the country and a likely championship fave if they were eligible.

I don't know enough to comment on the Buchanan award.

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Hope the votes go to Marcus Mason.. Why? Watch Saturday Night on ESPN2!

gsugt1
November 20th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Total Bull**** that John Mohring isn't on the final list for Buchanan Award.

gsugt1
November 20th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Total BS that John Mohring isn't on the final list for Buchanan Award. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :nono: :nono: :nonono2: :nonono2:

mcveyrl
November 20th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Hmmm....Rascati's back on. That will only encourage Mickey.

bjtheflamesfan
November 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Here's hoping Rashad Jennings and Danny Rocco are on those lists next year!

chiapet9
November 20th, 2006, 04:06 PM
i'm glad Rascati is back on the list. he deserves it.

Skyhawk Nation 24
November 20th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Jason Simpson from UT Martin deserves the Robinson award. What he has done is amazing.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM
My Ballot would read.....

David Ball-WR,UNH
Kyle Shotwell-LB,Cal Poly
Craig Bohl-NDSU

blur2005
November 20th, 2006, 05:25 PM
My ballot would read:

Payton: Marcus Mason, Youngstown State
Buchanan: Akeem Jordan, JMU
Robinson: Jason Simpson, UT-Martin

mcveyrl
November 20th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Mine...

Payton - Justin Rascati
Buchanan - Akeem Jordan
Robinson - Mickey Matthews
:D:D

Really...

Payton - Marcus Mason
Buchanan - Akeem Jordan (yea, that's still a homer pick)
Robinson - Craig Bohl