PDA

View Full Version : Gridiron Football Classic - game time/tickets/TV info

monmouthhawk
November 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM
All of this info is from Tony Graham at APP:
http://grahamman.blogspot.com/

GRIDIRON FOOTBALL CLASSIC TICKET AND EVENT INFORMATION

Tickets on sale immediately to Blue/White Club members, Wednesday for the general public

WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J.- Tickets for the inaugural Gridiron Football Classic, featuring Monmouth University hosting The University of San Diego, will go on sale today, Nov. 20 for Blue/White Club members and Wednesday for the general public.

Members of the Monmouth University Blue/White Club will be able to purchase (2) reserved seats for $15.00 per ticket and general admission seats for $10.00 per ticket. Members will also be able to sign up and attend the Pre-Game Blue/White Club Tailgate for $15.00, which will be held in the Student Center starting at 11:00 a.m. on Dec. 2. The tailgate will have a variety of food along with a beer and wine open bar. If you are interested in joining the Blue/White Club please contact Clint Wulfekotte at (732) 263-5750. All General admission seating will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, Nov. 22 at 9 a.m. and will be priced at $10.00 per seat.

On Friday, December 1st, Everyone is welcome to attend a special edition of Callahan’s Corner at 11:30 a.m. in MaGill Commons on Monmouth’s campus. The luncheon, where Monmouth head coach Kevin Callahan will go over the Gridiron Football Classic will cost $10.00. After lunch, Coach Callahan will answer questions from attendees. Those interested in attending Callahan’s Corner must RSVP by Nov. 29, 2006.

After the game is over there will be a free post-game celebration in the student center open to the public.

For more information or to order your tickets, please contact the MU athletic department at (732) 263-5190.

Breakdown of Ticket Prices:

$5.00 - Students (valid Student I.D. required)

$10.00 - General Admission (tickets go on sale on 11/22)

$15.00 - Reserved Seating (available to active Blue/White Club members only)

The Hawks and Toreros will face off on Saturday, Dec. 2 (12:00 pm)), in the first Gridiron Football Classic, which will take place at Kessler Field in West Long Branch, N.J.

time/tv
A blogger just noted to me..the tentative time for the Gridiron Classic is 12 noon, not 1 p.m. on Dec. 2 as I had listed. My bad. The NEC is also trying to get the game on TV so it could perhaps change from that. But right now it's at noon. Thanks for the correction!

Torero Tradition
November 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Any chance that CSTV would pick up this game? I think that would be great... maybe even ESPN Gameplan? (doubtful)

Should be a good game and look forward to it

monmouthhawk
November 20th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Any chance that CSTV would pick up this game? I think that would be great... maybe even ESPN Gameplan? (doubtful)

I'm sure they'll get on the air somewhere - i'll update when i see. How many Torero fans do you think will make the flight?

JMG1MON
November 20th, 2006, 03:30 PM
ESPN Gameplan????????? Are you nuts????????? xidiotx
CSTV has a very small shot, as they may be doing something for Army/Navy, or some other sport. Come to think of it, CSTV will not have it either. : smh :

Maybe CN8 or FSNY or MSG will broadcast it, but these are local channels and you would need a dish in order to get it out in San Diego. xcoffeex

rmutv
November 20th, 2006, 03:38 PM
According to Ron Ratner, Associate Commissioner of the NEC and head of Communications/Television for the NEC, it is highly, highly doubtful that there will be a television broadcast of the game this year.

Maybe next year. But this year, the regional networks (CN8, FSN, MSG, Cox) did not want to do it because they wouldn't know the site of the game until two weeks before their broadcast. The national networks simply wouldn't commit.

Maybe CSTV will pick it up next year. ESPN? I'll be stunned.

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2006, 04:18 PM
According to Ron Ratner, Associate Commissioner of the NEC and head of Communications/Television for the NEC, it is highly, highly doubtful that there will be a television broadcast of the game this year.

Maybe next year. But this year, the regional networks (CN8, FSN, MSG, Cox) did not want to do it because they wouldn't know the site of the game until two weeks before their broadcast. The national networks simply wouldn't commit.

Maybe CSTV will pick it up next year. ESPN? I'll be stunned.

I hear you, but so what? We know the opponents and location now! Let's get this done NEC!

The NEC/PFL will only ask for a minimal fee for broacast rights. Let's face it - its not a BCS bowl game. CN8 or anybody coulkd make a small profit with advertising revenue.

Or the NEC/PFL could sell advertising on their own and pay a regional cable to produce and the broadcast just like a paid infommercial.

There is no reason this game can't get on SNY, YES, MSG, or FSN-NY with a little negoation.

Torero Tradition
November 20th, 2006, 05:32 PM
I would imagine 500-800 USD fans... long way to travel before the holidays. Hopefully the local channel can pick up the feed for the San Diego folks.

rmutv
November 20th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I hear you, but so what? We know the opponents and location now! Let's get this done NEC!

The NEC/PFL will only ask for a minimal fee for broacast rights. Let's face it - its not a BCS bowl game. CN8 or anybody coulkd make a small profit with advertising revenue.

Or the NEC/PFL could sell advertising on their own and pay a regional cable to produce and the broadcast just like a paid infommercial.

There is no reason this game can't get on SNY, YES, MSG, or FSN-NY with a little negoation.

That would be awesome, ace, and maybe a regionally televised game would make it more enticing for a national network like CSTV to pick it up next year.

But, and this is just my impression, it seems legislation and ideas and contracts take a little while to get done when it comes to these types of things. I'm just not hopeful of a deal coming through.

monmouthhawk
November 21st, 2006, 06:24 AM
That would be awesome, ace, and maybe a regionally televised game would make it more enticing for a national network like CSTV to pick it up next year.

But, and this is just my impression, it seems legislation and ideas and contracts take a little while to get done when it comes to these types of things. I'm just not hopeful of a deal coming through.

Hopefully they pull something off - that would blow if it wasn't televised!

aceinthehole
November 21st, 2006, 08:11 AM
Hopefully they pull something off - that would blow if it wasn't televised!

The NEC has a good relationship with Fox Sports Net, SNY, and MSG. We have FB and hoops games carried regularly on these networks. The NEC needs to get this done for more exposure.

If any of these "regionals" pick it up, it will be available nationally on DirecTv!!!!!!

MU/USD fans should call the conference officess and press for this to get done!

Dane96
November 21st, 2006, 08:37 AM
The NEC has a good relationship with Fox Sports Net, SNY, and MSG. We have FB and hoops games carried regularly on these networks. The NEC needs to get this done for more exposure.

If any of these "regionals" pick it up, it will be available nationally on DirecTv!!!!!!

MU/USD fans should call the conference officess and press for this to get done!

Exactly...****...they pick up high school games at the last minute.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Question answered... game will be on CSTV.

http://www.monmouth.edu/athletics/news/news_story.asp?iNewsID=4234&strBack=/athletics/teams/team.asp

November 22nd, 2006, 12:05 PM
College Sports Television (CSTV) will broadcast the inaugural Gridiron Classic live on December 2 at noon (EST), it was announced today.

CSTV is available nationally on satellite via DIRECTV (Channel 610) and Dish Network America's Top 120 package (Ch. 152). In New Jersey, CSTV is available through Patriot Media's Digital Sports Tier on channel136 and Comcast Cable's Digital Sports Tier on channel 274. In the San Diego market, CSTV is carried on Time Warner Cable's Digital Sports Tier on Channel 415.

Torero Tradition
November 22nd, 2006, 12:33 PM

Good call on the CSTV :)

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 22nd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Any updated TV info on UNH @ Hampton game on Sat at 1pm

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Good call on the CSTV :)

Are you going to this Torero? Can't imagine you wanting to leave San Diego for Monmouth County, NJ this time of year.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 01:35 PM
sweet, now I can watch it!

Torero Tradition
November 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM

At least now when people go USD BASHING, they can say they saw the Toreros play... :rotateh:

JMG1MON
November 22nd, 2006, 03:15 PM

Well, I'm gonna be going to the game, but if I was going to stay home, I wouldn't be able to watch it!!! THANK YOU DOLAN AND CABLEVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

November 22nd, 2006, 03:19 PM
At least now when people go USD BASHING, they can say they saw the Toreros play... :rotateh:Well when you're 86th in avg att. per game there is a reason. I've only seen the Toreros on tape myself.

GOTOREROS
November 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
Well when you're 86th in avg att. per game there is a reason. I've only seen the Toreros on tape myself.

Ralph do you have a link - I'm curious to see which schools we outdraw. Is it on the ncaa.org stat page?

UAalum72
November 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Ralph do you have a link - I'm curious to see which schools we outdraw. Is it on the ncaa.org stat page?
Here: http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/attendance/IAA_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

siugrad99
November 23rd, 2006, 01:35 AM
What is the gametime for USD's 1st round playoff game ?

November 23rd, 2006, 03:30 AM
What is the gametime for USD's 1st round playoff game ?They have a game on CSTV, 1 p.m. or so on 12/2. Smartypants, when is SIU's game on TV this week?

:)

DetroitFlyer
November 23rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
Any chance that this game could be internet streamed by CSTV on a pay per view basis? It looks like they do it with other games.... Come on NEC folks, let's see how far that influence with CSTV can get us on this effort.

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2006, 04:29 PM
Question answered... game will be on CSTV.

http://www.monmouth.edu/athletics/news/news_story.asp?iNewsID=4234&strBack=/athletics/teams/team.asp
That's great news for those of us who would like to get a look at these two teams.

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Here: http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/attendance/IAA_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf
Cool to see four teams beat the 20,000-average-per-game barrier for regular season attendance this season. Congratulations to Montana, Appalachian State, Delaware and Jackson State fans. Grambling just missed making it five over 20,000.

bulldog10jw
November 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Cool to see four teams beat the 20,000-average-per-game barrier for regular season attendance this season. Congratulations to Montana, Appalachian State, Delaware and Jackson State fans. Grambling just missed making it five over 20,000.

Yale just missed also. They had the one horrible weather game against Columbia that only drew 2500. The other 4 home games averaged 22,000. Typical fair weather (literally) Ivy League fans.