PDA

View Full Version : C-Set channel gone

dungeonjoe
June 29th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that C-Set, who mainly broadcast the Charlotte Bobcats NBA team will be history as of tomorrow. During football season last year they broadcast games for several I-AA teams from the Carolinas. I hate to see them go :(

thirdgendin
June 29th, 2005, 08:43 AM
This is a BIG blow to the SoCon, which had a large portion of their TV package on C-SET last season.

Eaglegus2
June 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM
This is a BIG blow to the SoCon, which had a large portion of their TV package on C-SET last season.

Big Blow only for the Carolinas' schools. The games were only shown in the Carolinas, everyone else was left out.

NoCoDanny
June 29th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Did someone mention a big blow? :cool:

rokamortis
June 29th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Yeah - this isn't good news for us Carolina college sports fans.

thirdgendin
June 29th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Big Blow only for the Carolinas' schools. The games were only shown in the Carolinas, everyone else was left out.

It's a big blow to the SoCon as a whole. Even if you couldn't get it in Statesboro, your team was being exposed in neighboring states. Free publicity is always good.

Baldy
June 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
It's a big blow to the SoCon as a whole. Even if you couldn't get it in Statesboro, your team was being exposed in neighboring states.

Apparently not, or it wouldn't be shutting down, but I understand your meaning. Hopefully now we will be able to get a real TV deal with a real network. All we need to find now is a real commissioner. :confused: