PDA

View Full Version : PATSY RATINGS 2015 - GEORGETOWN

Lehigh Football Nation
April 30th, 2015, 10:51 AM
A shocker.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-2015-patsy-ratings-georgetowns.html

PATSY RATINGS With 2 To Go:

82 GEORGETOWN
72 LEHIGH
64 LAFAYETTE
58 HOLY CROSS
55 COLGATE

All will be subject to one final revision once the Committee is done.

RichH2
April 30th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Wow!Glad but this one surprises me.

Sader87
April 30th, 2015, 11:13 AM
The day the Patsy Ratings died......

Lehigh'98
April 30th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Georgetown getting it done

van
April 30th, 2015, 11:36 AM
can't wait for DFW to weigh in!

RichH2
April 30th, 2015, 12:22 PM
can't wait for DFW to weigh in!
DFW probably in shock :)

Gater
April 30th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Awesome. Can't help but root for the underdog (except for one Saturday a year).

Fordham
April 30th, 2015, 12:27 PM
The day the Patsy Ratings died......
ha!

Fordham
April 30th, 2015, 12:31 PM
what's the all-time record for a Patsy class btw? 82 has to be up there, no?

carney2
April 30th, 2015, 12:54 PM
what's the all-time record for a Patsy class btw? 82 has to be up there, no?

I have no idea, but comparing the scholarship era with pre-scholarships is a little bit of apples and oranges. The methodology hasn't changed much but the candidate pool has expanded upward.

breezy
April 30th, 2015, 02:32 PM
According to my list (which is missing scores for Bucknell and Georgetown in 2011) of Patsy Ratings from 2007-2015, the highest Patsy score during this period is Georgetown's 82 which has just been posted (and it is worth noting that Bucknell and Fordham will probably come in with higher scores).

Prior to this year, the highest score was Lehigh in 2010 (81 points).

Go...gate
April 30th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Glad to see Georgetown getting a fine class of recruits!

Sader87
May 1st, 2015, 12:39 AM
I'm sorry, but if GTown is getting bettah recruits sans scholarships than the other PL schools, those head coaches should step down immediately.

carney2
May 1st, 2015, 07:12 AM
I'm sorry, but if GTown is getting bettah recruits sans scholarships than the other PL schools, those head coaches should step down immediately.

You are saying what many are thinking.

RichH2
May 1st, 2015, 08:00 AM
Ratings fluke? Perhaps. The takeaway for me is that the class is very good. A good fact for Hoyas and PL.

Does this mean that other PL coaches underperformed? Probably not.We'll see in 2 or 3 years. More relevant to me is the specter of how well Fordham and Bucknell did this year.Rams seem intent on maintaing their dominance.

Lehigh'98
May 1st, 2015, 08:47 AM

That'd be quite the pissah if Georgetown out recruits the league.

Fordham
May 1st, 2015, 10:17 AM

the flip side of the same issue is whether or not Gtown may have found some additional funding for this class than they may have had in others.

van
May 1st, 2015, 10:29 AM
lack of posting by hoyas on this topic, what do they know that they are not telling?

RichH2
May 1st, 2015, 11:20 AM
lack of posting by hoyas on this topic, what do they know that they are not telling? Ah,the plot thickens
xrolleyesx

Doc QB
May 1st, 2015, 12:20 PM
I think you have all collectively lost your minds. The rating system is fun and entertaining, but this result demonstrates how inaccurate and nonsensical it is. You want a rating with some more fire power? Deep six the ratings and some of those measurables (everyone lies). Who offered them an official paid visit, which five did they actually take, who offered them scholarships. Done. An athlete's value becomes more clear. Of course, some kids will develop late and surprise, but you have a pretty good idea about a kid based on who coveted their skills and matched it with the cash offer.

RichH2
May 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM
I think you have all collectively lost your minds. The rating system is fun and entertaining, but this result demonstrates how inaccurate and nonsensical it is. You want a rating with some more fire power? Deep six the ratings and some of those measurables (everyone lies). Who offered them an official paid visit, which five did they actually take, who offered them scholarships. Done. An athlete's value becomes more clear. Of course, some kids will develop late and surprise, but you have a pretty good idea about a kid based on who coveted their skills and matched it with the cash offer.
Ideally,you are right doc. Reality at our level is that official visit info is hit or miss,mostly the later. Likewise info on actual offers is sparse and much of what is reported is unverifiable. More is available now with recruits tweeting about campus visits and camps. Again very hit or miss. I do track that info as best I can for our prospects and include it on the spreadsheet. Agree that info is a much better barometer to gauge the value of those recruits with reported info. Given the lack of sufficient other data Patsys use what ia available to rate classes. Ideal for conversation until August camps start,if little else :)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 1st, 2015, 01:38 PM
At least one kid in their class had legit FBS offers - try Washington State, Tulane, ODU, LA Tech. This corroborated with the number of Patsy Points the Hoyas received for him.

carney2
May 1st, 2015, 02:00 PM
lack of posting by hoyas on this topic, what do they know that they are not telling?

How about Sgarlata did a heluva job?

Doc QB
May 1st, 2015, 02:16 PM
Ideally,you are right doc. Reality at our level is that official visit info is hit or miss,mostly the later. Likewise info on actual offers is sparse and much of what is reported is unverifiable. More is available now with recruits tweeting about campus visits and camps. Again very hit or miss. I do track that info as best I can for our prospects and include it on the spreadsheet. Agree that info is a much better barometer to gauge the value of those recruits with reported info. Given the lack of sufficient other data Patsys use what ia available to rate classes. Ideal for conversation until August camps start,if little else :)

Thats why I reallty like and appreciate the time put in on the spreadsheet for our recruits. I especially like to learn how we do against the CAA the rare times we target some of their recruits (and we should more often). I kind of care less about the Ivy head to heads. PL competition for players obviously fun to watch final decisions. And true, Patsy's are excellent conversation material. I hope Gtown made some steals and got some playmakers. Only helps the league.

Go...gate
May 2nd, 2015, 01:41 AM
Ah,the plot thickens
xrolleyesx

The Clinton Global Initiative strikes again!

ngineer
May 2nd, 2015, 08:45 AM
According to my list (which is missing scores for Bucknell and Georgetown in 2011) of Patsy Ratings from 2007-2015, the highest Patsy score during this period is Georgetown's 82 which has just been posted (and it is worth noting that Bucknell and Fordham will probably come in with higher scores).

Prior to this year, the highest score was Lehigh in 2010 (81 points).

Interesting that is when LU began their strong four year run.

ngineer
May 2nd, 2015, 08:49 AM
the flip side of the same issue is whether or not Gtown may have found some additional funding for this class than they may have had in others.

very true. even though w/o scholarships, if they have liberalized their grants in aid based on the need formula, it may not make much of a difference. I have said for years that Gtown is the 'sleeping giant' in the PL. With their national name brand, location and academics they will be a tough act, especially if they improve their facilities.

carney2
May 3rd, 2015, 12:26 PM

Just a coincidence. The Patsies are totally useless and "just for fun."

ngineer
May 4th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Just a coincidence. The Patsies are totally useless and "just for fun."

Oh, I know they are just for fun and mostly subjective, but I do think those of you who undertake the 'study' attempt to do so with an eye toward trying to reflect 'true value'. So it is not totally implausible that there can be correlations, at times.

RichH2
May 4th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Oh, I know they are just for fun and mostly subjective, but I do think those of you who undertake the 'study' attempt to do so with an eye toward trying to reflect 'true value'. So it is not totally implausible that there can be correlations, at times.

Does not appear to be a lot of individual correlation between *s and career achievement. Scanning All PL selections ,unrated players predominate. That is not to say *ed players did not contrbute to their teams. It does appear that higher rated classes do have more impact on team success .

heath
May 4th, 2015, 07:12 PM
What an uneducated response. With a roster of 100 kids and 28 are freshman (only 3-4 actually played that year) I think the four year run started 3 years earlier with the classes that made the playoffs and were ranked in the top 10. The 2010 (grad 2014) was rated #1 by patsy but Never sealed the deal. That class won 2 rings,and should have gotten 2 more when most were finally on the field playing. How many of those kids actually played quality minutes in 2010 or 2011? You could say that that class started our slide.:(:(

Fordham
May 17th, 2015, 11:47 AM
So what's the schedule for the release of the next Patsy?