PDA

View Full Version : McNeese @ #2 Montana

BigApp
November 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Discuss

Prominent0ne
November 19th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Tough draw. Defense been stepping up lately and after Tate was fired mcNeese goes on to win the conference and 5-1 since.

Hopefully we can stay on the roll we've been having. Either way, it's extremely difficult to go to Missoula and win.

JohnStOnge
November 19th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Like I said in another thread:

As a McNeese fan, it's the team/location matchup I least wanted to see for McNeese. But, what the heck, it's good to see McNeese back in the playoffs again. Go play, play hard, and see what happens.

McTailGator
November 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Discuss

Looking forward to the trip!

I will be there...

Although, I think the NCAA is screwing themselves out of some money by placing McNeese and Montana in the same bracket. I think this is my only chance to get to experience Wash-Griz.

Someone ice down the Moose Drool!:beerchug:

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Should be a good game. The Cowboys have played well lately. It's Thanksgiving weekend so it should be a little more quiet at Wash-Griz.

Peems
November 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM
good luck to mcneese. luckily it will not be the largest crowd due to the thanksgiving holiday. however, it always seems we yell louder to make up for the deficiency. good luck to all

griz&beer
November 19th, 2006, 01:04 PM
You don't want moose drool. Get some Slurry Boomer Stout or some Pig's ass Porter. Look forward to you guys coming up. I spent a lot of time down in Lake Charles last year. you guys have been through hell. Now win or lose, nice to have one of the best back in the hunt.

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM
First of all GO GRIZ!!!

This should be a tough matchup. Good luck to you guys and lets hope for a hard fought, well played game no matter what the results are:thumbsup:

That being said i think the key to this whole post season is the Griz offence!! They have one of the if not the best D's in all of 1-AA football. They cant ride that Defence the whole way through the playoffs and if thier offence shows up i think they will make some serious noise all the way to the national championship game. If the defence is forced to carry the team, i think they can win and maybe make the semi's, but honestly i dont think when your playing the elite teams in the nation they can ride that defence all the way through, possible even with a quarterfinal loss. Its gonna be interesting, there are some very good, tough teams in the brackets this year:D

Retro
November 19th, 2006, 01:18 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL95/5192267/12523693/206242319.jpg

BigApp
November 19th, 2006, 01:44 PM
...and after Tate was fired mcNeese goes on to win the conference and 5-1 since.

Good point. Your boys could've very easily folded up like a cheap tent, but circled the wagons and got themselves into the playoffs.

Regardless of the outcome, you should be very proud of that.

DuckDuckGriz
November 19th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Should be a good game. The Cowboys have played well lately. It's Thanksgiving weekend so it should be a little more quiet at Wash-Griz.

The weird thing is I feel llike it's louder when there are even less people. I remember in 2004 when we hosted Northwestern State I think the attendance was somewhere around 16 or 17,000 -- but it was one of the loudest game I've ever been to. The Demons got two false starts to begin the game.

Looking forward to this one.

GO GRIZ

I don't think a Southland team has ever won at Wash-Griz.

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I dont think it will be quiet at all!!! Montana going in as the #2 seed will fire up the fans and i couldnt imagine the stadium not being full.

Grizlander
November 19th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I think this is a good game. We have to count on our D to get it done, and I think they can. It will be a close, low score game. Griz D win another one by 3 points.

Great to be at the Zoo for the playoffs, we need all the help we can get.

Grizlander

Grizlander
November 19th, 2006, 02:13 PM
The weird thing is I feel llike it's louder when there are even less people. I remember in 2004 when we hosted Northwestern State I think the attendance was somewhere around 16 or 17,000 -- but it was one of the loudest game I've ever been to. The Demons got two false starts to begin the game.

I agree, in 2004 the First game was the loudest out of the three. No doubt about that one.

Thanksgiving weekend, we should see, I guess 16,000. It will be the loudest playoff game. Reason is, the wine and cheese people stay away, thus no one behind you asking you to sit down. The people there know they have to make up for the othe 7,0000 that did not show up.

I was hoping for UNI so you could make a Griz game PantherRob, Maybe next year.

Grizlander

McNeese75
November 19th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Working on airfare now :nod:

Outlook for next Saturday is partly cloudy with a high of 37 so it could be worse.

I am really looking forward to my first trip to Wash-Griz :)

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 02:20 PM
You will LOVE the atmosphere at the stadium man, even if its not for your team. Any true football fan can truely appreciate what Washington Grizzlies stadium is to the team!!! Your in for a real treat at a first class facility and hopefully your gonna see a spectacular game!! I wish i had the money and time off to fly home to see it myself, im JELOUS as hell!!!

Grizlander
November 19th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Outlook for next Saturday is partly cloudy with a high of 37 so it could be worse.

I look forward to seing you, let me know if I can help with any info. Parking and such should not be a problem this game, with it being Thanksgiving.

Dress warm hit tail gates early!
Grizlander

Dallas Demon
November 19th, 2006, 02:26 PM

You guys get a break. I think the high was 25 the last time we played in Missoula. The cold DOES make a difference to the southern teams unfortunately.

Peems
November 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM
all i can think about when i hear mcneese is the playoff game that we blew down there...

Georgia Griz
November 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Tough draw. Defense been stepping up lately and after Tate was fired mcNeese goes on to win the conference and 5-1 since.

Hopefully we can stay on the roll we've been having. Either way, it's extremely difficult to go to Missoula and win.

I agree, it IS a tough draw... ...for the GRIZ. This is one first round match-up that I really didn't want to see. : smh : And a really tough bracket on top of that. Not overly excited about the possible outcome of this game. Hopefully our boys from Missoula will play with determination. GO GRIZ!! And good luck, McNeese.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2006, 03:07 PM

Make sure that you go Red's Bar on Friday night for some pre-game revelry. It's always a hot spot to meet fans from other teams and have a good time. Usually they serve Jambalaya before we play teams from Louisiana. It was a tradition started by Bubba from Nichols State back when we played them in 1995. Unfortunately Bubba passed away last week so I hope they keep that tradition going in his honor. He was a very cool guy and a big supporter of Nichols State football and after they came up and played us Bubba spent a lot of time in Montana and made many friends here. Didn't mean to ramble on but he was a good guy so we hope to meet some more like him from down south.

Peems
November 19th, 2006, 03:47 PM
whats the mcneese message board?

McNeeserocket
November 19th, 2006, 04:04 PM
whats the mcneese message board?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/geauxcowboys

Last time we played up there (1994) it was during a blizzard and Montana came back in the last couple of seconds to win with a field goal by a score of 30 to 28.

The games in Lake Charles with Montana were also decided by no more than 4 points I believe. All three playoff games between McNeese and Montana have been nail biters:eek:

McNeese75
November 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Make sure that you go Red's Bar on Friday night for some pre-game revelry. It's always a hot spot to meet fans from other teams and have a good time. Usually they serve Jambalaya before we play teams from Louisiana. It was a tradition started by Bubba from Nichols State back when we played them in 1995. Unfortunately Bubba passed away last week so I hope they keep that tradition going in his honor. He was a very cool guy and a big supporter of Nichols State football and after they came up and played us Bubba spent a lot of time in Montana and made many friends here. Didn't mean to ramble on but he was a good guy so we hope to meet some more like him from down south.

Red's Bar it is!!:thumbsup:

What time does the tailgating start? I assume this will be a pretty early afternoon game because of no lights in the stadium.

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 04:11 PM

What time does the tailgating start? I assume this will be a pretty early afternoon game because of no lights in the stadium.
dont assume, they have brought mobile lights in before.....

Sam_Kats
November 19th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Wa-Griz Stadium...graveyard of the SLC!!

Hard to decide who to cheer for...gotta wish luck to fellow SLC'ers, but the Griz folks were so classy when they came to Texas.

Hope it's a great game! Good luck to both teams!

McNeese75
You guys get a break. I think the high was 25 the last time we played in Missoula. The cold DOES make a difference to the southern teams unfortunately.

The weather may not be much cooler than it was against the Demons this year. Of course things change up north in a hurry so we can only hope.

CopperCat
Send em' packing Cowboys!! I'll be rooting hard for ya'll.:hurray:

Peems
November 19th, 2006, 04:15 PM

we grizzlies give our support to the bobcats and look what we get in return:nonono2:

McNeese75
November 19th, 2006, 04:15 PM
dont assume, they have brought mobile lights in before.....

I remember that but I figured sine ESPN did not pick the game up they would not be providing lights. Isn't there an internet video link for the games on Egriz? (for those who can't attend :) )

Freightliner
November 19th, 2006, 04:16 PM
The weather may not be much cooler than it was against the Demons this year. Of course things change up north in a hurry so we can only hope.

This is what was on Noaa.gov today for Missoula.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the 30s

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I remember that but I figured sine ESPN did not pick the game up they would not be providing lights. Isn't there an internet video link for the games on Egriz? (for those who can't attend :) )
no more free internet games, you have to now pay for it. If you go to www.montanagrizzlies.com and then find the "big sky tv" link you can pay to view there.....assuming they carry the post season games too

I forgot that it was espn that has brought in lights before so you are probably right, it will be a 12:05 or 12:30ish start more than likely i would guess......

If you go to www.thegamelive.com you can find the radio feed for almost any game in any sport at any level as well just so you know......

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 04:20 PM
http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/content/media/media_fb.htm

there is the media link, its a 12:05 game

CrunchGriz
November 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
You can also get the game if you have an MPEG 2 Digital satellite receiver and KU satellite dish setup. Some sports bars have this setup.

Montana has been sending its games up to the satellite via this type of feed for the last two years.

Check the sports bars in your area--one of them should have this setup and be able to get the game.

One of the local cable systems may decide to pick the game up this way, as well. Call your local cable provider and get on them to pay to pick up the game.

This is not a Dish Network or DirecTV system. These types of systems will not pull in this type of feed. You need the more specialized, and rare, MPEG 2 Digital satellite setup.

(Got one myself, actually, and have watched all the Griz games at home in the last two years--although this week I'll be there in person...yeeeeaaaaaaah!)

msupokes1
November 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
FOX 29 IN LAKE CHARLES IS TRYING TO TELEVISE THE GAME LOCALLY.

blackfordpu
November 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Why do we Southland teams always get stuck with the Griz in Missoula?

Peems
November 19th, 2006, 05:49 PM

because they consider the southland in the west.

grizband
November 19th, 2006, 06:08 PM
because they consider the southland in the west.
Which, relative to CS football, it is...

GrizDen
November 19th, 2006, 06:44 PM
all i can think about when i hear mcneese is the playoff game that we blew down there...

No need to hold on to that feeling Peems; the McNeese fans have an equally painful memory of Missoula from the mid 90's when the Griz drove into field goal range in the final minute and Andy Larsen kicked a field goal through the blizzarding snow:thumbsup:

GrizDen
November 19th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Typical Bobcat...think of the bigger picture. It's always better for your conference when the teams representing the conf. go deeper in the playoffs. I'll be rooting for the Cats so that the fans who are questioning their bid can then say, "oh that's why they're in."

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM
This is what was on Noaa.gov today for Missoula.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the 30s
I heard it was supposed to be in the 30's and mostly friendly with a slight case of GRIZ FEVER!!!:p :D

I am so jelous of you McNeese fans that are getting to go to the game. I wish i was able to get there for it. I think you all will be very pleasantly surprised in the gratiousness of griz fans win or lose and how friendly the people are for such an emotional and loud environment. It would be like playing the raiders in oakland......only the fans would rather buy you a beer than kick your butt.......

GrizDen
November 19th, 2006, 06:51 PM

Just to clarify, this was the quote I was referring to in my previous post.xidiotx

GrizDen
November 19th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Which, relative to CS football, it is...

Will the girls in you pic be coming to the tailgates this Saturday?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2006, 07:09 PM

Tailgating normally starts Thursday night at about 5 PM but Thanksgiving will screw that up this week. Buses leave Red's to head to the stadium at about 10:30 Saturday morning. Here is link for Google maps for the location so you can get lodging close to the stadium and the downtown area.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-04,GGLG:en&q=red%27s+bar+missoula

JohnStOnge
November 19th, 2006, 07:43 PM

Which one? 1997 or 2002?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not real thrilled about the way the 1994 one ended.

JohnStOnge
November 19th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I'm kind of hoping Cox Sports picks up the game. It did the last two times Northwestern State played up there.

Peems
November 19th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Which one? 1997 or 2002?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not real thrilled about the way the 1994 one ended.

2002. we were winning that game and then BLAM it was over.

McNeese72
November 19th, 2006, 09:54 PM
2002. we were winning that game and then BLAM it was over.

Well, you were ahead in the 97 game with 1:31 or so to go and then Donnie Ashley (No 83) happened.

Doc

P.S. I'm hearing some bad rumors that several of our bigtime starters got banged up against Nicholls and are questionable for next Sat.

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Well, you were ahead in the 97 game with 1:31 or so to go and then Donnie Ashley (No 83) happened.

Doc

P.S. I'm hearing some bad rumors that several of our bigtime starters got banged up against Nicholls and are questionable for next Sat.
no offence...but i like those rumors:D:thumbsup:

Retro
November 19th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm kind of hoping Cox Sports picks up the game. It did the last two times Northwestern State played up there.

I HOPE NOT! They Suck! Only available on cox related cable systems. Can't get on satellite or over the air.. At least with ESPN Gameplan or Fox regional anyone in the country can get..

BigApp
November 20th, 2006, 02:10 PM
bump

McNeese75
November 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM
bump

:confused:

kats89
November 20th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Look for Montana victory and quick exit for SLC in what was a very down year for the conference.:nod:

grizbeer
November 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Should be a great game. Montana's offense has not been lights out, but gets just enough done to win. How is the McNeese pass rush? If you can put pressure on Swogger he can get rattled and accuracy suffers. Griz need accurate passes to get the run game going.

Most teams look at the Griz D and think they can run on them, but the best rushing teams the Griz have faced have really struggled - a couple big runs per game, then nothing. Griz DE and LB are very fast, and DB hit hard. Teams have had some success with the deep pass, but it is a low % play.

If McNeese gets pressure on Swogger, I expect a low scoring game, maybe 13 -6. IF they don't pressure Swogger I expect the Griz to pull away, maybe 30 - 13. Either way I expect a good time to be had by all.

Prominent0ne
November 20th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Should be a great game. Montana's offense has not been lights out, but gets just enough done to win. How is the McNeese pass rush? If you can put pressure on Swogger he can get rattled and accuracy suffers. Griz need accurate passes to get the run game going.

Great from the ends, not so up the middle. We lost our freshman All Conference DT and the other also so we're running on the backups as starters. Bryan Smith has to be the fastest and athletic pass rusher I've ever seen at McNeese. He broke the sacks record for a season this year with 12.5 and has 20 TFL. 60 + tackles as a DE. He is a nominee for the BB award.

Most teams look at the Griz D and think they can run on them, but the best rushing teams the Griz have faced have really struggled - a couple big runs per game, then nothing. Griz DE and LB are very fast, and DB hit hard. Teams have had some success with the deep pass, but it is a low % play.

All I can say is that they had a little bit of success running the ball against USF and I would say that USF defense would be better. But, saying that, that was under a different coach and the 1st game of the year. I don't want to throw out predictions because i haven't seen Montana's stats or any games this year.

If McNeese gets pressure on Swogger, I expect a low scoring game, maybe 13 -6. IF they don't pressure Swogger I expect the Griz to pull away, maybe 30 - 13. Either way I expect a good time to be had by all.

McNeese has been playing better each game under the new head coach Viator. I didn't get to attend the Nicholls game but from what I understand the defense has looked like it's gotten it's "swagger back". The hardest they've hit all year and i hope it rolls over.

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure who I want to root for in this matchup as the winner could be our second round opponent. A mathcup with Montana would be a game between the 2 winningest programs over the last 4 years. I imagine the weather would be a lot warmer at McNeese though.
:cool:

Prominent0ne
November 20th, 2006, 04:29 PM
With our trouble with the run, if McNeese happens to pull the upset, I don't think I would want to see them face S. Illinois. They are a run oriented offense, correct?

GrizBro
November 20th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I remember the Northwestern State game in '04. I couldn't believe how loud it was. I remember my ears hurt for a few days once I got back home to Washington.:smiley_wi

Peems
November 20th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Great from the ends, not so up the middle. We lost our freshman All Conference DT and the other also so we're running on the backups as starters. Bryan Smith has to be the fastest and athletic pass rusher I've ever seen at McNeese. He broke the sacks record for a season this year with 12.5 and has 20 TFL. 60 + tackles as a DE. He is a nominee for the BB award.

All I can say is that they had a little bit of success running the ball against USF and I would say that USF defense would be better. But, saying that, that was under a different coach and the 1st game of the year. I don't want to throw out predictions because i haven't seen Montana's stats or any games this year.

McNeese has been playing better each game under the new head coach Viator. I didn't get to attend the Nicholls game but from what I understand the defense has looked like it's gotten it's "swagger back". The hardest they've hit all year and i hope it rolls over.

not to be rude to the southland conference, but the griz are better than many of the teams you played. but i agree with most f the analysis, if we stick with short passes, go across the middle and use some three step drops and Thomas Brooks-Fletcher(what a player, definitely a payton canidate in 08 and 09.) the offense will roll and i trust the defense to do what it has been doing. last week was one of the first weeks that i truly felt good about the offense, we had rhythm and moved the ball well except we had too many turnovers that killed our mo. Im excited:nod: :)

GrizBro
November 20th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I would like to see the defense step up again like they did against MSU. I don't think that I have seen as hard-hitting game as the "Brawl of the Wild" this year. HUGE HITS!!!!! From a defensive lineman's point of view, I was absolutely loving the hits from both defenses.

Peems
November 20th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I would like to see the defense step up again like they did against MSU. I don't think that I have seen as hard-hitting game as the "Brawl of the Wild" this year. HUGE HITS!!!!! From a defensive lineman's point of view, I was absolutely loving the hits from both defenses.

id like to see 45-6 GRIZ. of course that is a wish NOT my prediction.

GrizBro
November 20th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I know!!!!! I think that all Griz fans would love to see a blowout. I can see a score of 24-10. That's my thinking

Peems
November 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM
agreed. but cant a boy dream?

McNeese75
November 20th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I know!!!!! I think that all Griz fans would love to see a blowout. I can see a score of 24-10. That's my thinking

If you had Hilliard, I think the Pokes would really be in trouble (well more so than they already are in this draw). There is a lot of speed on both sides of the ball for McTeam but who knows what they will bring this Saturday. They are capable of getting to Swogger but that certainly does not mean they will. If our QB is able run and pass well he could cause some issues for the Griz.

I am sure we are at least 2 TD underdogs (if not more) and we all know how quickly things can go to hell in a handbasket in WG for visiting teams.

I guess that is why we play the game :D

See ya saturday :hurray:

FormerPokeCenter
November 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM
<<skinny_uncle
I'm not sure who I want to root for in this matchup as the winner could be our second round opponent. A mathcup with Montana would be a game between the 2 winningest programs over the last 4 years. I imagine the weather would be a lot warmer at McNeese though.>>

Getting past Montana will be a huge undertaking. Not impossible, but very, very difficult...

However, if we ARE able to do that, I think a game against SIU would be awesome. Buford Jordan, arguably our best running back ever, has a son who plays for SIU. That would be a great subplot, from a McNeese perspective...

chuges1
November 20th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I think Montana takes it....good luck to McNeese though it will be a good game. Gotta go with the home cooking though and pick the two MT teams to pull the W's.

chiapet9
November 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Go Griz!! I would like to see you in Chattanooga (for a second go-round!). Nicest fans in the CS!

rcny46
November 20th, 2006, 10:07 PM
If you had Hilliard, I think the Pokes would really be in trouble (well more so than they already are in this draw). There is a lot of speed on both sides of the ball for McTeam but who knows what they will bring this Saturday. They are capable of getting to Swogger but that certainly does not mean they will. If our QB is able run and pass well he could cause some issues for the Griz.

I am sure we are at least 2 TD underdogs (if not more) and we all know how quickly things can go to hell in a handbasket in WG for visiting teams.

I guess that is why we play the game :D

See ya saturday :hurray:

Montana QB's have been sacked 41 times this year,which is supposedly the most allowed in 1-AA this season.

BigSkyGrizGano
November 20th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Montana QB's have been sacked 41 times this year,which is supposedly the most allowed in 1-AA this season.
Our O-line is young and has been getting better. I think Mcneese, could easily shock the Griz, and I can tell their fans know it by the way they talk the Griz up. It should be a good game, the Griz haven't blown out any good teams this year.

Tod
November 20th, 2006, 11:01 PM

Every great team has a weakness, McNeese will just have to try to exploit ours. :)

Tod
November 20th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Our O-line is young and has been getting better. I think Mcneese, could easily shock the Griz, and I can tell their fans know it by the way they talk the Griz up. It should be a good game, the Griz haven't blown out any good teams this year.

SDSU, but that was the SDSU of old.

GrizBro
November 21st, 2006, 11:51 AM
I do agree that the Griz oline has given up quite a sacks this year. But the one thing you can't seem to ignore about the line is that they seem to get things together when they need to. If anyone watched that 2nd half of the Griz/Cat game, I'm sure you noticed that the line was actually playing well. I think the biggest thing that I did see was the oline's ability, or inability to switch blocking assignments when the Cats ran a stunt. If they can avoid mistakes like that then Montana will have an excellent chance.

I have to admit though that I have never seen any film or tape on McNeese.

And for those of you who did watch the Griz/Cat game last week, which hit do you think was the best hit?

GrizBro
November 21st, 2006, 12:02 PM
Go Griz!! I would like to see you in Chattanooga (for a second go-round!). Nicest fans in the CS!

That might be a fun match up again. The first time sparked a family rivalry in our family. My youngest brother was on the 04 Griz team and still plays and our cousin and his wife are JMU alums. I even applied to JMU!

McNeese75
November 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Every great team has a weakness, McNeese will just have to try to exploit ours. :)

Now how in the heck are we going to manage to get the game time temps in the high 90's with 90% humidity by Saturday????? :D

JohnStOnge
November 21st, 2006, 05:52 PM
I HOPE NOT! They Suck! Only available on cox related cable systems. Can't get on satellite or over the air.. At least with ESPN Gameplan or Fox regional anyone in the country can get..

Yeah, but what's important is that I could watch it here instead of having to justify yet another trip to Lake Charles to watch it on Fox 29.

Ronbo
November 21st, 2006, 06:00 PM
Now how in the heck are we going to manage to get the game time temps in the high 90's with 90% humidity by Saturday????? :D

Latest update on weather. High of 31, 30% chance of snow. Noon gametime could be mid 20's because the low is 18 and that happens early morning around 5-6 am.

JohnStOnge
November 21st, 2006, 06:00 PM
Great from the ends, not so up the middle. We lost our freshman All Conference DT and the other also so we're running on the backups as starters. .[]

Does that mean Hooker is out? That would be news to me...bad news.

McNeese72
November 21st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Does that mean Hooker is out? That would be news to me...bad news.

I think he is talking about the ones from last year.

Doc

Prominent0ne
November 21st, 2006, 07:33 PM
Correct, I was talking about Vaalyn. We do have issues on the interior line. What I do like seeing is that fact that Montana has given up 41 sacks this year and I hope they know about that. Bryan Smith could have a huge game.

Peems
November 21st, 2006, 07:34 PM
That might be a fun match up again. The first time sparked a family rivalry in our family. My youngest brother was on the 04 Griz team and still plays and our cousin and his wife are JMU alums. I even applied to JMU!

who is your brother?

Dallas Demon
November 21st, 2006, 09:40 PM
Latest update on weather. High of 31, 30% chance of snow. Noon gametime could be mid 20's because the low is 18 and that happens early morning around 5-6 am.

It's very difficult for southern teams to play in conditions like that. As a fan, I'd love to go to a game where it is cold. But to play in it with bone-jarring hits, ouch. In 2004 the last time Northwestern St. came up the gametime temperature was 25 degrees. I think that definitely affected the team.

patssle
November 21st, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah I hear Nwst wasn't too happy with SHSU buying the first round as a home game. Kept us away from Montana :D

Griz Grunt
November 21st, 2006, 10:47 PM
It's very difficult for southern teams to play in conditions like that. As a fan, I'd love to go to a game where it is cold. But to play in it with bone-jarring hits, ouch. In 2004 the last time Northwestern St. came up the gametime temperature was 25 degrees. I think that definitely affected the team.

Another thing that had to impact the Demons play was the fog when flying into Msla, causing them to devert to Helena and busing back to Msla. I know this happed at least once, possibly twice.

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2006, 07:41 AM
Forecasts are dropping. Now a high of 30, and a low of 16. Could easily be low 20's at kickoff.

Phrebert
November 22nd, 2006, 08:12 AM
I just love these too close to call games:thumbsup:
For those McNeesies coming to Missoula have a safe trip.

FormerPokeCenter
November 22nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
<<Correct, I was talking about Vaalyn. We do have issues on the interior line>>

The good news is that Vaalyn will be back next year. His mother & father were HS classmates of mine. I spoke to his mother at the Nicholls game. He's on track, focused and anxious to be back out there this spring.

It's apparently killing him to have to watch the games in streetclothes this year...

Unfortunately, that doesn't do anything for us THIS week...

McNeese75
November 22nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Forecasts are dropping. Now a high of 30, and a low of 16. Could easily be low 20's at kickoff.

It's irrelevent. Once you get below 40 degrees its cold for us :D

GrizBro
November 22nd, 2006, 11:35 AM
who is your brother?

He's Muckie Foreman

GrizzlyEdd
November 22nd, 2006, 03:36 PM

If memory serves me correct, both Oregon (2005) and Iowa (2006) didn't have much success "running" against the Griz. Both made most of their yardage through the air. Some short yardage stuff on the ground but very little....

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 04:30 PM
should be a good game. looking forward to watching it while at work.

cu@wgs
November 22nd, 2006, 05:00 PM
We have had a bunch of sacks its really amazing swogger can still walk. However it goes a cowboy will probably be in the backfield most of the game but the Griz will do just enough. Then again it might be Swogger's day. I am very excited to see McNeese St play here I hope everone thats coming gets here safe.

Go Griz

JohnStOnge
November 22nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
If memory serves me correct, both Oregon (2005) and Iowa (2006) didn't have much success "running" against the Griz. Both made most of their yardage through the air. Some short yardage stuff on the ground but very little....

Iowa rushed for 174 yards on 38 carries...an average of 4.6 per carry. That's success.

Don't get me wrong, that's a respectable performance against a Big 10 team for a I-AA squad. McNeese ain't Iowa. Neither is any other I-AA team. But Iowa did have some success running the football.

Sorryass
November 22nd, 2006, 09:22 PM

Maybe somewhat quieter, but it still will be loud. And lots of fun. Good luck to the Cowboys. We're glad you're coming -- some of us were smarting after the loss in Lake Charles in 2002 quarterfinals. McNeese had a great comeback after a slow start, and a previous year no one should have with the big storms. Welcome to Missoula.:hurray:

Cleets
November 22nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
If this game is even close it should put fear in the Grizz faithful, this should be a blow-out

31 to 6 is what should happen when # 30 plays # 2

if we get something like 14 to 10 the Grizz are not going far this year...

(Just my 2 cents)

Grizo406
November 22nd, 2006, 10:34 PM
If this game is even close it should put fear in the Grizz faithful, this should be a blow-out

Only one "z" in Griz, Cleets, but we get that all the time...& Thank You!

Sorryass
November 22nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
Everyone talks about sacking Swogger -- remember we have another very capable QB in Cole Bergquist. And our young O line can do it when necessary. I'm more concerned about no 2 Chambers -- great athlete, but doesn't always give 100%. Watch out for Ferriter -- Dan Carpenter's high school teammate -- both could make a difference this Saturday. Welcome to Missoula again, Cowboys. Excuse my ignorance -- why is a Cowboy mascot to a S. LA Gulf Coast team??

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2006, 11:03 PM

(Just my 2 cents)

If UMass makes it to Missoula, they will have a long plane ride back :twocents:

Sorryass
November 22nd, 2006, 11:24 PM
If UMass makes it to Missoula, they will have a long plane ride back

Let's focus on McNeese first.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2006, 11:29 PM
Sorry, had to put him in his place

McNeese75
November 22nd, 2006, 11:34 PM
Excuse my ignorance -- why is a Cowboy mascot to a S. LA Gulf Coast team??

Actually there is a lot of Rodeo activity in this part of the state. The area high school teams and the McNeese Rodeo Team have enjoyed success over the years. The Louisiana Cattle Industry has been around since the 1800's.

AZGrizFan
November 22nd, 2006, 11:46 PM

(Just my 2 cents)

Cleets---look at UM's scores this year. The offense does just enough to win. There have only been three blowouts, and those are against two VERY bad teams and one that was questionable at the time (SDSU). I'd be surprised if the Griz put up 30 on anybody in the playoffs.

I predict 20-6, or 20-9. McNeese might find the end zone like MSU did, but if not it'll be a lot of field goals (including UM).

Proud Griz Man
November 23rd, 2006, 12:05 AM

(Just my 2 cents)

I know Cleets, you make a valid point. I am sure you know that the Griz just cannot blow out teams like those A-10 teams like UMass. 14-10 is a narrow win, unless its in the A-10.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Grizlander
November 23rd, 2006, 04:25 AM
Looks like a record at the ZOO, for a Thanksgiving week game. As of last night, over 16,000 tickets sold, and sales were reported as going good today. I stood in line for an hour and a half Monday to pick up my tickets, and they had all but one window open. I knew that was a good sign. Everybody must have bagged their game, and are coming in from hunting camp for the game.:hurray: :hurray:

Grizlander

VictorG
November 23rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
As Saturday gets closer, the weather forcast gets colder. As of 8:00 MST on 11/23/06 the forcast from weather.com calls for a high of 29 and 70% chance of snow!

GrizRick
November 23rd, 2006, 09:16 AM
This morning's Missoulian reports over 18,000 tickets have been sold as of Wednesday, which already surpasses the first round playoff record of 17,289 in 2001 against Northwestern State. It will be a big crowd.

Cleets
November 23rd, 2006, 10:36 AM
I know Cleets, you make a valid point. I am sure you know that the Griz just cannot blow out teams like those A-10 teams like UMass. 14-10 is a narrow win, unless its in the A-10.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I'm actually more of a Harvard fan, but I do enjoy your sarcasm focused on UMass...

I do like the Big Sky and have been to Wa.Grizz.Stadium several times, I saw Montana blow out Georgia Souther by like 40 points a decade ago there (fun)

Anyway:
All i'm sayin' is = I don't expect this to be a close game, nor do I expect Coastal Carolina and App State. to be close...

BUT!

if they are close games, it's a sign of deeper problems, because those are two cream-puff draws... (as they should be)

:cool:

(just more 2 cents)

griz&beer
November 23rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
No way the Cowboys are cream puffs. This will be a close game 10 points. Now Coastal is, cream like,,,,,,,, not MSU.

Peems
November 23rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Muckie has been playing well lately, just another one of the great athletic defenders on the griz team. GrizBro are you going to be at the game?

Griz Grunt
November 23rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Don't know if these have been listed. If they have, my bad.

Links to Griz & Bobcat web cams:

UM
http://www.umt.edu/grizcam/ (http://www.umt.edu/grizcam/)

MSU (Java required)
http://cateye.msu.montana.edu/ (http://cateye.msu.montana.edu/)

McNeese72
November 23rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Don't know if these have been listed. If they have, my bad.

Links to Griz & Bobcat web cams:

UM
http://www.umt.edu/grizcam/ (http://www.umt.edu/grizcam/)

MSU (Java required)
http://cateye.msu.montana.edu/ (http://cateye.msu.montana.edu/)

I looked at both of those and played with the controls early. Looking now, it still looks like you aren't getting much snow. Hopefully it will hold off until the McNeese charter gets on the ground.

Doc

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM

Big Sky Champ vs Southland Champ....

It's been that way for quite a while.

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM

I checked my gameplan subscription....

Only JMU vs YSU is on Gameplan...

blackfordpu
November 23rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
The Big Sky is broadcasting the game for free.

Big Sky Conference offering web cast of Saturday's NCAA Playoff game free of charge.

Nov. 23, 2006

FIRSCO, Texas - The Big Sky Conference and SportsCast Network are pleased to announce that Saturday's Division I Football Championship playoff games featuring Big Sky Conference teams will be available for free at www.bigskytv.org.

The Big Sky Conference has secured the video streaming rights through the NCAA for both games.

Montana State (7-4) will take on Furman (8-3) of the Southern Conference at Bobcat Stadium in Bozeman. Kickoff is at 11:35 a.m. MST.

Big Sky Champion Montana (10-1) will play McNeese State (7-4) of the Southland Conference at Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Kickoff is at 12:05 p.m. MST.

Fans are encouraged to visit www.bigskytv.org., between now and Saturday morning to familiarize themselves with the site, and to register for the games.

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112306aaa.html

Link to the game:
www.bigskytv.org

Grizzaholic
November 24th, 2006, 09:50 AM
The snow finally is here!!! Finally some good football weather!:hurray: :hurray:

GrizRchattybound
November 24th, 2006, 10:15 AM
It's irrelevent. Once you get below 40 degrees its cold for us :D

If you reallybelieve that....I have a bridge for sale that I'd like to talk to you about.

:cool: :p ;)

Game time temps should be 20 +/- and look for snow- it was late coming- but has moved into W. Montana las tnight (a couple days late)

:eek: Brrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrrrrr - Go Griz

GrizRchattybound
November 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM
The latest Weather Map:

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_geg_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

It will be brutal for players and fans....no matter where you are from, but oddly enoguh Montana fans cherish these moments.

:D

It's the only time that you think that the Griz colors are real tree Camo.

http://www.great-lakes.org/graphics-2/Wrangler-ProGear%20Coverall%20PG606.jpg

Go Griz

placidlakegriz
November 24th, 2006, 10:29 AM
The latest Weather Map:

It will be brutal for players and fans....no matter where you are from, but oddly enoguh Montana fans cherish these moments.

It's the only time that you think that the Griz colors are real tree Camo.

http://www.great-lakes.org/graphics-2/Wrangler-ProGear%20Coverall%20PG606.jpg

Go Griz

What, we need only to see GRIZ colors this weekend!!!

Grizzaholic
November 24th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I got my Griz Gear ready to go. I wish SATURDAY was here!!!! Almost as bad as waiting for the bobcats to come to town.

Cleets
November 24th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Sorry, had to put him in his place

Dudes!
I want the final game of the year to be #1 vs. #2
Griz vs. App. State

ultimately with the Grizz winning

Then I want David Coulson to write a book about the Montana Grizzlies and have every-other-article posted on 1-aa be about somebody other than App. State!!! (For crying out loud) xlolx

jimgrizfan
November 24th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Cowboys arrived safely in Missoula about 10:45.

GrizRchattybound
November 24th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Cowboys arrived safely in Missoula about 10:45.

Blizzard warning issued at 11:00 A.M. MST I am told.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. xlolx

62GRIZ
November 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Glad to hear the McCowboys made it in time for the storm!

SNOW ADVISORY

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MISSOULA MT
1100 AM MST FRI NOV 24 2006

.A STALLED MID LEVEL FRONT WILL DRIVE SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL OVER
CENTRAL IDAHO AND WEST CENTRAL MONTANA THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.

MTZ005-242200-
/O.NEW.KMSO.SN.Y.0033.061124T1800Z-061125T1800Z/
MISSOULA/BITTERROOT VALLEYS-
1100 AM MST FRI NOV 24 2006

...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST SATURDAY..

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MISSOULA HAS ISSUED A SNOW
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST SATURDAY.

4 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW WILL FALL ACROSS THE MISSOULA AND
BITTERROOT VALLEYS BY LATE SATURDAY MORNING.

A SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY
TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND
LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Everyone talks about sacking Swogger -- remember we have another very capable QB in Cole Bergquist. And our young O line can do it when necessary. I'm more concerned about no 2 Chambers -- great athlete, but doesn't always give 100%. Watch out for Ferriter -- Dan Carpenter's high school teammate -- both could make a difference this Saturday. Welcome to Missoula again, Cowboys. Excuse my ignorance -- why is a Cowboy mascot to a S. LA Gulf Coast team??

McNeese is located in Lake Charles, La., which is the seat of government for Calcasieu Parish, La.

John McNeese, the University's namesake, was an early cattleman/lawyer in and around Lake Charles in the late 1800's. Prior to 1900, most of the beef produced in Texas was transported to the eastern seaboard market by two main routes. One route was up through the center of Texas, to meet up with the Chisom Trail and driven to Omaha, where it was processed and taken by rail to the east coast. Another route was along the Texas coast, into Louisiana and overland to New Orleans, where it was processed and then shipped to the east coast.

After Texas got a deep water port at Houston and, later, more railroad ingress into Louisiana and Texas, the overland route to New Orleans dissappeared. If you've ever eaten at a Saltgrass Steakhouse, check out their map of the various Texas beef trails and you'll see route into Louisiana, which is - I believe - the namesake of the restaurant chain.

Right around the turn of the last century, as the cattle business changed significantly, John McNeese was elected to be the first Superintendent of Schools in Calcasieu Parish and served in that capacity for quite some time. He married into the founding family of Lake Charles and, later, when the University was originally founded in 1939he was an obvious choice to be the name sake of the university. Because of his avocation, using the Cowboy as the mascot for the sports teams was a no-brainer.

Cattle, horses and rodeos are still a large part of the culture in South Louisiana.

If we hadn't been the Cowboys, we'd have been either the Barristers or the Teachers..I'd rather be the Cowboys...

twentythreeOh4
November 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
The latest Weather Map:

I know I do. I love cold weather games.

GrizBro
November 24th, 2006, 04:42 PM
That weather note is amazing. If that's not home field advantage than I don't know what is.

jimgrizfan
November 24th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Wasn't it 1994 when we played McNeese here in what looks like might be same snow conditions?

BETCHGRIZ
November 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Former Poke....Good info. Looks like the Pokes are closer to Montana traditions than geography would indicate. Gonna be a good one, but the griz will prevail....21,000+ couldn't be wrong.

Peems
November 24th, 2006, 05:40 PM
how bout some score predictions now?

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I'll be watching! Hoping for a great game!:nod:

Grizo406
November 24th, 2006, 05:43 PM
how bout some score predictions now?

GRIZ!!!

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2006, 05:47 PM
GRIZ!!!

agreed:nod:

CopperCat
November 24th, 2006, 06:52 PM
4-6 inches of snow in the valley by tomorrow morning. Send some of that our way!

Ronbo
November 24th, 2006, 07:33 PM
As reported on the news tonight. McNeese was scheduled for a 1 hour walk through, from 2-3 pm. Temp was about 35-36 degrees. They stayed out for only 20 minutes and hustled back to the locker room.

Tomorrow's kickoff will be 29 degrees.xlolx

Retro
November 24th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Seems SOME of the griz fans are more focused on the weather than the matchups themselves.. Some griz fans seem to think because the temp is below freezing and /or snowing that mcneese will have a hard time because we play in the deep south.. While that has been true for other recent SLC teams, the last time mcneese was there the griz had to come from behind and win in the last minutes.. :nono:

Better be more worried on how your going to stop Bryan Smith and Steven Whitehead.

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2006, 11:09 PM
As reported on the news tonight. McNeese was scheduled for a 1 hour walk through, from 2-3 pm. Temp was about 35-36 degrees. They stayed out for only 20 minutes and hustled back to the locker room.

Tomorrow's kickoff will be 29 degrees.xlolx

Talk about a home field advantage.

Grizo406
November 24th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I've said it on eGriz, countless times, and I'll say it here...anyone would be hard pressed to find a better fan base than what McNesse State has. Nothing but pure class, and the standard that other I-AA'er should be measure by.

As far as Bryan Smith and Steven Whitehead go...I think the Griz will have an answer.:thumbsup:

SFA 71
November 25th, 2006, 12:19 AM
I remember, when SFA lost to the Griz several years ago, that during the pregame show, they showed the football team & the managers/trainers. I swear one of the managers was an ESKIMO. I thought, "this is not a good sign for the Lumberjacks." The 70-6 beating in the 29 degree cold proved me right.

NDSUFREAK
November 25th, 2006, 12:25 AM
I'll be watching the game tomorrow!
good luck griz

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Seems SOME of the griz fans are more focused on the weather than the matchups themselves.. Some griz fans seem to think because the temp is below freezing and /or snowing that mcneese will have a hard time because we play in the deep south.. While that has been true for other recent SLC teams, the last time mcneese was there the griz had to come from behind and win in the last minutes.. :nono:

Better be more worried on how your going to stop Bryan Smith and Steven Whitehead.

I can't speak for all Griz fans, but I think there are a couple of reasons why we talk up the weather a little bit;
1) It is an advantage when playing teams that are not accustom to cold and snowy conditions.
2) It gives us another excuse to drink (Hot Damn or Thermos Mugs of Peppermint Schnapps and Hot Chocolate) to keep us toasty
3) It's just more FUN to watch football in the snow :hurray:

britsco
November 25th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I think the cold weather affects both teams the same, bu tyou know that the southern teams think about it more. The more the fans and media talk about the cold weather, the more the other team is thinking about it.

McNeese75
November 25th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I just walked in from downtown. The weather is not going to be a factor in the game (irregardless of what the local news said)

Grizo406
November 25th, 2006, 01:15 AM
I just walked in from downtown. The weather is not going to be a factor in the game (irregardless of what the local news said)

Downtown ain't Washington/Grizzly stadium at playoff time.

We'll see what the weather has to do with it tomorrow.:D

Proud Griz Man
November 25th, 2006, 01:17 AM

Two well-coached, tough teams in difficult conditions. They will each give100% and the better team will move on. :thumbsup:

maroon
November 25th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I remember, when SFA lost to the Griz several years ago, that during the pregame show, they showed the football team & the managers/trainers. I swear one of the managers was an ESKIMO. I thought, "this is not a good sign for the Lumberjacks." The 70-6 beating in the 29 degree cold proved me right.

I attended that game in 1995. The temp was about 5 degrees.

DaGriz
November 25th, 2006, 09:56 AM

http://www.missoulian.com/content/articles/2006/11/25/sports/sports01.jpg
McNeese State receiver and return man Steven Whitehead smiles through his balaclava during the Cowboys' walk-through at Washington-Grizzly Stadium on Friday. McNeese meets the second-ranked Montana Grizzlies on Saturday in the opening round of the I-AA postseason.
Photo by TOM BAUER/Missoulian

Maybe just a little?

SeattleGriz
November 25th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I attended that game in 1995. The temp was about 5 degrees.

I presented the colors with ROTC. The short period I was out there was pretty cold. I only had on those white cloth gloves and my hand were numb by the time I got off the field. If I remember right, it was fairly windy as well. Nasty

And as I've always said, and everyone always hears, loud. Couldn't believe how loud the field got when everybody was just cheering after the National Anthem. I can only imagine what it sounds like in the North end during game time. :eek:

Ronbo
November 25th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by SFA 71

That was our Defensive Coordinator Jerome Sauers, a Native American. He's the head coach at Northern Arizona now.

http://nau.newtier.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10007/normal_mad-souers.jpg

Cleets
November 25th, 2006, 10:28 AM

Retro,
Will you be posting after the loss?

xlolx

DaGriz
November 25th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Retro,

xlolx

This isn't Retro's first month on here. He's been here for ever.

Retro
November 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Retro,

xlolx

Yes, i will be here after the griz lose.... The griz know i have a lot of respect for their program so it's not a knock againest them and i will be here regardless of the outcome.:read:

putter
November 25th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Yes, i will be here after the griz lose.... The griz know i have a lot of respect for their program so it's not a knock againest them and i will be here regardless of the outcome.:read:

Retro,

Why aren't you in Missoula?

AZGrizFan
November 25th, 2006, 08:37 PM

Hellooooooo.....

Retrooooooo.......

Where are youuuuuuuu?????????

;) ;) ;) ;)

Retro
November 25th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Retro,

Why aren't you in Missoula?

Thanksgiving weekend.. If it were a different round, i'd made the trip.

McNeese75
November 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Downtown ain't Washington/Grizzly stadium at playoff time.

We'll see what the weather has to do with it tomorrow.:D

You were so right Gizo, downtown at 1:00 am after Red's and eating at the Ox was much, much colder than Wash-Griz :D

Grizo406
November 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
You were so right Gizo, downtown at 1:00 am after Red's and eating at the Ox was much, much colder than Wash-Griz :D

Ya' gotta' love the Ox!:thumbsup:
http://www.missoulamenus.com/images/missoula_restaurant.jpg

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I love downtown Missoula. Hope to be out there this summer.

McNeese75
November 26th, 2006, 08:43 PM

Garbage Omelette!!!!:hurray:

elboscoe
November 26th, 2006, 09:28 PM

The Ox is great but everytime im back in missoula, Hogieville is the first place i go!!!

AZGrizFan
November 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
The Ox is great but everytime im back in missoula, Hogieville is the first place i go!!!

Amen.

Hogieville, Mo Club burger and Tower Pizza. The trifecta. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mlbowl
November 27th, 2006, 07:31 AM

How'd that work out for ya, 'For The Glory' ;) :hurray: xlolx :hurray:

McNeese75
November 27th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Amen.

Hogieville, Mo Club burger and Tower Pizza. The trifecta. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well I got the Mo Club Buger but nobody fessed up about Hogieville or Tower Pizza. Oh well, another time :D

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Well I got the Mo Club Buger but nobody fessed up about Hogieville or Tower Pizza. Oh well, another time :D

Well, 75, you got the best of the three. But the other two are well worth it as well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Grizo406
November 28th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Well, 75, you got the best of the three. But the other two are well worth it as well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Agree completely!

Now, if I can just get the folks at Tower to put cheese fries on their Chef's Special, I'll be all set, and have one less stop to make.:eek: :hurray: xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Agree completely!

Now, if I can just get the folks at Tower to put cheese fries on their Chef's Special, I'll be all set, and have one less stop to make.:eek: :hurray: xlolx

BS on the cheese fries, Grizo. SOMEBODY needs to get ahold of the owners of the now deceased 93-Stop-and-Go and get the damned recipe for Duper Sauce. And that's all I've got to say about that! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: