PDA

View Full Version : SoCon 2007

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Next year I believe will be an exciting year in the SoCon

App, Furman- given
Wofford, , Elon, Citadel- all improved and mostly young teams with alot of returning players
GSU- can only go up from here
Chat, WCU- who knows

thirdgendin
November 18th, 2006, 09:44 PM
2007 should be another great year. I'm sure App will be loaded again. '07 is actually the year everyone at Furman has been pointing too, as we pretty much expected a number of losses this year. el cid is improving fast, GSU will be better than this year as they buy into the system there, and Wofford and Elon should be decent as well.

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2006, 09:46 PM
2007 should be another great year. I'm sure App will be loaded again. '07 is actually the year everyone at Furman has been pointing too, as we pretty much expected a number of losses this year. el cid is improving fast, GSU will be better than this year as they buy into the system there, and Wofford and Elon should be decent as well.

I would venture to say we'll be one of the most balanced and competitive leagues

furpal87
November 18th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I agree that next year will be tough, I'm glad we'll get Wofford, App, and Elon at home.

youwouldno
November 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I think Furman will be much improved next year. I'm not as informed on the other programs in terms of exactly who is returning and what young talent there is. App St and FU both could be serious NC contenders, whether there will be a 3rd playoff team is hard to say at this point.

BeauFoster
November 18th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Wofford will be a darn good team next year (they were pretty good the second half of this year). Elon is on the rise with a young QB and El Cid is looking upward. UTC and GSU are pretty unknown. I hope that WCU can get past the injury bug and have a decent year next year (but not too good...:) ). I don't much care for having to go to Greenville, but I guess that it worked out ok last year so whatever.:hurray:

youwouldno
November 18th, 2006, 09:56 PM
It didn't work out in Greenville. You're lucky we bombed the WCU game.

walliver
November 18th, 2006, 10:05 PM
There are a number of competitive teams next year. Which probably means we'll beat each other up and only get one team in the play-offs. ASU,FU, GSU, Citadel, and my Terriers have a legitimate shot at the championship. Elon, Chattanooga and Western will continue to be Elon, Chattanooga and Western.

Mr. C
November 18th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Chattanooga will be improved. The Mocs were hung with only four home games this year, a challenging schedule and dropped a bunch of close games. They have talent. I expect Rodney Allison will find another QB and will work on improving the secondary. There are also a lot of good RBs in the program. They will be at least fourth or fifth next year.

There will be the big three again next year, but it will be Appalachian State, Furman and Wofford. Wofford was expected to be good in 2007. Mike Ayers just got them playing good earlier than expected.

Citadel will challenge the leaders. Elon will be better, but still lacks talent compared to the other teams. They will middle to lower next year. Georgia Southern and Western Carolina are both an absolute mess.

Death Dealer
November 18th, 2006, 10:16 PM
There are a number of competitive teams next year. Which probably means we'll beat each other up and only get one team in the play-offs. ASU,FU, GSU, Citadel, and my Terriers have a legitimate shot at the championship. Elon, Chattanooga and Western will continue to be Elon, Chattanooga and Western.

Woffie and App St. at home make me feel good, but a trip to Charleston and the 'boro in next season could be too much. Plus, Woffie is playing wicked good right now.

matfu
November 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM
I think ga southern will be better next year (vs. 3-8 this year). i am going out on a limb with that prediction though....lol.