PDA

View Full Version : Citadel at Elon

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Citadel 44 Elon 7 4 min left in game

Wonder what happened? Skunked on home field. Guess the dogs broke their chain and got after the birds.

walliver
November 18th, 2006, 07:09 PM
The bulldogs are not the doormats they used to be, but I was quite surprised by this score. I expected more from Elon.

youwouldno
November 18th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Citadel has been kind of underrated because they took the two beatdowns from I-As. They aren't good, but not bad either.

BULLDOG8180
November 18th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Citadel has been kind of underrated because they took the two beatdowns from I-As. They aren't good, but not bad either.

Wait til next year, and see if you say we are not good. We have just about everyone coming back and have finally learned how to close out the games.

This one was on the road. 4th place finish in the SoCon, after being picked last, not too shabby.

thirdgendin
November 18th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Congrats to el cid on finishing strong and claiming 4th place in the SoCon. It sounds like your new coach is getting things done down there.

gophoenix
November 18th, 2006, 10:00 PM
after being picked last

You were picked 7th. We were picked last in both coaches and media. Higgins should be coach of the year.

What happened to Elon? Go to the Elon site if you want to know, it looked like some sort of player revolt. It's a long story. And to top it off, The Citadel was playing error free ball.

Congrats to The Citadel. You earned it and our team needs to learn to grow up and not throw these tantrums about silly things that cost us entire games.

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2006, 10:02 PM
You were picked 7th. We were picked last in both coaches and media. Higgins should be coach of the year.

What happened to Elon? Go to the Elon site if you want to know, it looked like some sort of player revolt. It's a long story. And to top it off, The Citadel was playing error free ball.

Congrats to The Citadel. You earned it and our team needs to learn to grow up and not throw these tantrums about silly things that cost us entire games.
Player revolt? please explain

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 10:11 PM

That's a revolutionary campus I guess. Supposedly the fans quit coming to the games the other year as part of a revolt. Now the players stink up a conference game in revolt.xidiotx

Nose-face.

Tantrum? Understatement. This is straight jacket material.
Heck it's a wonder the paying fans didn't revolt and rip the players apart coming off the field.

Mr. C
November 18th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Wait til next year, and see if you say we are not good. We have just about everyone coming back and have finally learned how to close out the games.

This one was on the road. 4th place finish in the SoCon, after being picked last, not too shabby.
Citadel wasn't picked to finish last. It was pretty much consensus that Elon would finish last.

Mr. C
November 18th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Citadel 44 Elon 7 4 min left in game

Wonder what happened? Skunked on home field. Guess the dogs broke their chain and got after the birds.
The Master (Kevin Higgins) beat the pupil (Pete Lembo).

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2006, 10:18 PM
are you kidding me?

Elon got spanked on purpose?

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 10:20 PM

They evidently forgot to tell Lembo about the revolt.

“It’s a tough end to an exciting year,” Elon coach Pete Lembo said. “As much as I think they (The Citadel) played extremely well, I felt like we were very sluggish at the start. I guess our guys were just too hyped up. We missed some tackles and dropped some passes. Every time we stepped up and executed, they stepped up and executed. We can’t lose sight of everything we’ve accomplished this year. We’ll use the momentum and carry it through to next year.”

First rule in a revolution. Make sure the powers that be know you're revolting.

You earned it and our team needs to learn to grow up and not throw these tantrums about silly things that cost us entire games

44 pts is a lot of tantrums, I'd say.

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 10:21 PM
are you kidding me?

Elon got spanked on purpose?

:eyebrow: xlolx

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Sounds more like an excuse to me

gophoenix
November 18th, 2006, 10:22 PM
That's a revolutionary campus I guess. Supposedly the fans quit coming to the games the other year as part of a revolt. Now the players stink up a conference game in revolt.

Nose-face.

The fans stopped coming the games and stopped giving to the school to get something done about PHam. It worked.

What happened today was a childish stunt by the team. Basically, Elon has done a pregame celebration for Seniors with their parents on the field 10 minutes before pregame. Lembo did away with it claiming it cuts into coaching time and basically was going to give them the same recognition that basketball/soccer/baseball does (seniors come out first). The football players and parents had a meltdown over it. And the team virtually didn't play tonight as a result of it. You'd have to see it to believe it. It was the "players quiting mentality" that we had against App last year type of thing. The players threw a tantrum because their parents didn't get to stand on the field with them. Whatever. It just pisses me off.

That is not to say we would have won. No excuses, The Citadel played quality ball tonight and error free at that. They would have won anyway. We were pathetic.

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I think its time to change the school name to Elon High School

gophoenix
November 18th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I think its time to change the school name to Elon High School

With that kind of cry baby attitude we fans saw tonight, you're right. Its just pathetic. Just plain pathetic attitudes. And it totally sucks to be a fan and sit through that BS.

I'd rather us yank everyone's scholarship and press the reset button and start over than to deal with this childish BS. Like I said, want a taste of how it is, go read the Elon board. There was a 100 post thread on it with fans vs players vs parents.

Death Dealer
November 18th, 2006, 10:30 PM
El Cid is tough and will continue to be.....I look forward to going to Charleston next year (any excuse to go to Charleston is good), but I don't look forward to facing this bunch of dogs in there house.....they always play us tough, but they get insanely stubborn at home.

Dabnus Brickey
November 18th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Congrats El Cid. You showed lots of improvement.

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 10:34 PM
The fans stopped coming the games and stopped giving to the school to get something done about PHam. It worked.

What happened today was a childish stunt by the team. Basically, Elon has done a pregame celebration for Seniors with their parents on the field 10 minutes before pregame. Lembo did away with it claiming it cuts into coaching time and basically was going to give them the same recognition that basketball/soccer/baseball does (seniors come out first). The football players and parents had a meltdown over it. And the team virtually didn't play tonight as a result of it. You'd have to see it to believe it. It was the "players quiting mentality" that we had against App last year type of thing. The players threw a tantrum because their parents didn't get to stand on the field with them. Whatever. It just pisses me off.

That is not to say we would have won. No excuses, The Citadel played quality ball tonight and error free at that. They would have won anyway. We were pathetic.

The fans stopped coming the games and stopped giving to the school to get something done about PHam. It worked

I dunno. Ham was not too hot, but Geez 44-7 in Rhodes. Last year 21-0 at Citadel.
But at least the Phoenix won two conf games this year albeit over the rest of the bottom. Same as 2004.
Progress can be painfully slow.

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Whiny fans ain't gonna help

gophoenix
November 18th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I dunno. Ham was not too hot, but Geez 44-7 in Rhodes. Last year 21-0 at Citadel.
But at least the Phoenix won two conf games this year albeit over the rest of the bottom.
Progress can be painfully slow.

Let's see. Lembo won 5 games this season and PHam won 6 games in 2 seasons. Our average offense against SoCon teams under PHam was 9.2 and under Lembo it is 20. Average points allowed under PHam was 32 and under Lembo it is 23.

Yes, PHam was that bad. Say what you will JCline. We were picked dead last and to not win a game and came in to finish in 5th place. Progress is progress.... whether you want to see it or say anything nice or not.

good day.

Whiny fans ain't gonna help

No. It doesn't.

Millwoch
November 18th, 2006, 10:43 PM
I saw a lot of chest beating, hey look at me crap by the Elon Receivers....but way shot on the play making. Self before team? That really surprised me from a Lembo coached team. Not a good sitution, and a senior revolt sounds like the same type of thing, even though this is the first I have heard of it.

The reason Elon lost is that Citadel dominated the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball and turnovers. Elon's receivers were much better than Citadel secondary, but Citadel did not give up any big yardage plays.

Looks like we still want get much respect, as all I am hearing is how the team we just annhilated revolted....But the season is over, so we can think of next year.

Very impressed by Rhodes Stadium...The press box looks great and there is not a bad seat in the house. But where were the students? Were they on break(Citadel students are so maybe that is it)? Only like 200-300 there?

We'll see ya in Charleston next year. I know both teams will be better. As almost everyone on the field tonight will be back.

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Let's see. Lembo won 5 games this season and PHam won 6 games in 2 seasons. Our average offense against SoCon teams under PHam was 9.2 and under Lembo it is 20. Average points allowed under PHam was 32 and under Lembo it is 23.

Yes, PHam was that bad. Say what you will JCline. We were picked dead last and to not win a game and came in to finish in 5th place. Progress is progress.... whether you want to see it or say anything nice or not.
good day.

No. It doesn't.

Yes, PHam was that bad. Say what you will JCline. We were picked dead last and to not win a game and came in to finish in 5th place

Tied for next to last. But that wouldn't be saying something nice. Yep, I do see the progress and like I said, painfully slow.
You could have beaten this year's A&T and WCU without a coach.:nod:

Good night.

Millwoch
November 18th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Elon is much better this year. Those stats are much improved. Look at El Cid...this is Higgins second year and we just now won more than lost in SOCON(sad to say but first time since 92). When you are at the bottom it is hard to get to the top, but it can be done.

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Elon is much better this year. Those stats are much improved. Look at El Cid...this is Higgins second year and we just now won more than lost in SOCON(sad to say but first time since 92). When you are at the bottom it is hard to get to the top, but it can be done.

Yep, going from last to next to last is nothing to be sneezed at.

gophoenix
November 19th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Yep, going from last to next to last is nothing to be sneezed at.

You made your damn point now why can't you just let it go and get out of the damn thread that had nothing to do with Western or App in the first place.

We're lots better, end of story. And technically, we are 5th place in the world of tie breakers.

So spin it however you want in your mind to make you feel better. How does it feel for App to only

SoCon48
November 19th, 2006, 08:43 AM
You made your damn point now why can't you just let it go and get out of the damn thread that had nothing to do with Western or App in the first place.

We're lots better, end of story. And technically, we are 5th place in the world of tie breakers.

So spin it however you want in your mind to make you feel better. How does it feel for App to only

Newsflash! You aren't the boss here. Get over yourself.

We're lots better, end of story
Couldn't tell it when ASU played you or Citadel for that matter. Now vs sukky A&T, you looked like world beaters.

gophoenix
November 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Newsflash! You aren't the boss here. Get over yourself.

I don't understand why you concern yourself with anything and everything Elon. But whatever floats your boat.

Couldn't tell it when ASU played you or Citadel for that matter. Now vs sukky A&T, you looked like world beaters.

Funny, the box score vs App and every other school pretty much tells the story that we are better. Especially with league leaders in passing, receiving and tackling.

But there's no way someone as dense as you will get it.

Enjoy your playoffs. See you guys next year.

youwouldno
November 19th, 2006, 12:49 PM
"Enjoy your playoffs"?? wtf. The playoffs are the point of I-AA football and Elon wishes it was playoff bound.

gophoenix
November 20th, 2006, 06:36 AM
"Enjoy your playoffs"?? wtf. The playoffs are the point of I-AA football and Elon wishes it was playoff bound.

Exactly. We're not in the playoffs. They're your playoffs so enjoy them and good luck. There's no hidden meaning it what i said.

I just want JCline to frickin' leave stuff a lone that he has no business commenting other than to cause a frickin' problem.

BULLDOG8180
November 20th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Citadel wasn't picked to finish last. It was pretty much consensus that Elon would finish last.

A lot of posters on this board picked the Dogs last. I would go back and find the posts, but that seems like too much trouble. I definitely recall that happening.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Link to Elon board anyone?

gophoenix
November 20th, 2006, 09:02 AM
A lot of posters on this board picked the Dogs last. I would go back and find the posts, but that seems like too much trouble. I definitely recall that happening.

I don't remember many picking The Citadel last. I remember I said Elon wouldn't finish last, and that didn't happen. I think I picked The Citadel last and Western 4th. Kinda funny how things turned out ;)

Link to Elon board anyone?
http://www.elonfans.com

citdog
November 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM
We absolutely rammed the ball down Elon's throat. We only threw the ball like 4 times in the second half, and it didn't matter. Elon home crowd.... PATHETIC! 3700 people for a Southern Conference Game? PATHETIC! Why did we ever invite this school to join our conference?

citdog
November 21st, 2006, 05:37 PM
Since Elon fans didn't respond to my last post I will say it again............

3700 PEOPLE FOR A SOUTHERN CONFERENCE GAME IS PATHETIC!

PATHETIC!

GET YOUR FCKING CHINS IN!

gophoenix
November 21st, 2006, 08:43 PM
3700 PEOPLE FOR A SOUTHERN CONFERENCE GAME IS PATHETIC!

What do you want me to say? I agree that it is pathetic and our fans piss me off most of the time. And it runs on par with some of the UTC and Western games this year. Why focus on ours and not theirs too?