PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz Aides Lobbied to Try To Get Liberty into Sun Belt

Lehigh Football Nation
March 25th, 2015, 09:40 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/jerry-falwell-jr-cruz-aides-lobbied-to-get-us-114515366596.html

Forget the huge journalistic error implying that Liberty isn't already a full Division I member, this is hilarious to me. Did they call them up to say that James Madison's president is a liberal, or is against the gold standard? xlolx

More seriously, maybe this campaign rubbed the Sun Belt presidents the wrong way.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 25th, 2015, 09:47 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/jerry-falwell-jr-cruz-aides-lobbied-to-get-us-114515366596.html

Forget the huge journalistic error implying that Liberty isn't already a full Division I member, this is hilarious to me. Did they call them up to say that James Madison's president is a liberal, or is against the gold standard? xlolx

More seriously, maybe this campaign rubbed the Sun Belt presidents the wrong way.

Falwell describes the Sun Belt as "one of the top athletic conferences"

lolwut

WestCoastAggie
March 25th, 2015, 10:48 AM
#Irony

NoDak 4 Ever
March 25th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Here's the part where I'd say he's used to telling crazy stories he wants people to believe are true and the thread immediately goes into the political board.

xcoffeex

Nova09
March 25th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Falwell describes the Sun Belt as "one of the top athletic conferences"

lolwut

Here's the part where I'd say he's used to telling crazy stories he wants people to believe are true and the thread immediately goes into the political board.

xcoffeex

There's really no evidence of any conferences prior to or better than the Sun Belt, the Devil just tries to convince you otherwise.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 25th, 2015, 11:58 AM
There's really no evidence of any conferences prior to or better than the Sun Belt, the Devil just tries to convince you otherwise.

In the beginning (1971) Got created Liberty University, on the fifth year (1976), he made the Sun Belt and lo, they were good.

WileECoyote06
March 26th, 2015, 01:43 PM
#Irony

Yep.
As terrible as Conference USA has been lately, they should try to join them as well.

Ivytalk
March 26th, 2015, 09:26 PM
In the beginning (1971) Got created Liberty University, on the fifth year (1976), he made the Sun Belt and lo, they were good.

On the first six days, God created six Ivy League schools.

On the seventh day, He took a dump and called it Brown.:D

Libertine
March 27th, 2015, 06:59 AM
On the first six days, God created six Ivy League schools.

On the seventh day, He took a dump and called it Brown.:D

xlolx