PDA

View Full Version : PATSY RATINGS 2015 - COLGATE

Lehigh Football Nation
March 23rd, 2015, 02:27 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-2015-patsy-ratings-colgates-class.html

PATSY RATINGS With 5 To Go:

58 HOLY CROSS
55 COLGATE

RichH2
March 23rd, 2015, 03:01 PM
Other than assigning Gate some adjustment points for the additional names, cant disagree. In any event ,cant rating be amended if an official announcement from HC?

Gater
March 23rd, 2015, 03:34 PM
Thanks for doing these, as always. Will be interesting to see what becomes of this class. A ton of high school QB's (at least 8 took snaps under center) who will switch positions. Victor Steffan's (who is Colgate's best D-lineman) younger brother (a QB in high school) comes in at 210 pounds to play D-line (which is bigger than his now 270 pound brother was when he enrolled)--a lot of players like that-fast and athletic but not big. A few guys on Mass' list of top players who don't get any love from the recruiting services but look to be good including a 5'6" running back who stops on a dime and should be hard to pick up for linebackers and looks incredibly quick for the first 20 yards. Will be interesting to see how this class plays out. Think a lot of these guys are fast for their respective positions and will fill out and play in a few years.

Colgate has officially announced 21 names (look at the bottom of the roster on the link) and should be announcing four more. Don't think I can argue with the numbers other than that but there are a bunch of guys missing.

http://gocolgateraiders.com/roster.aspx?path=football&roster&#_ga=1.4889331.1133529736.1421808880

On the Holy Cross subtraction, it seems strange to punish them for collecting points for pulling in multiple ** QB's. A bunch of Patriot League teams saw their starting QB miss games last year or at least play a bunch of games banged up. Having two of your best players coming in at the most important position for any team seems like it should be rewarded--and especially if that's a need for your team. Have to think 63 points would still be on the low side for teams this year.

Franks Tanks
March 24th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I will take a stab at the Patsy ratings

7- Georgetown (not sure how this isn't the case)
6-Holy Cross
5- Colgate
4- Lafayette
3-Lehigh
2-Bucknell
1- Fordham

I suppose Lehigh can pass Bucknell based on class size so those 2 can flip flop. This is not my rating, but what I think the Patsy ratings will show.

carney2
March 25th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I will take a stab at the Patsy ratings

7- Georgetown (not sure how this isn't the case)
6-Holy Cross
5- Colgate
4- Lafayette
3-Lehigh
2-Bucknell
1- Fordham

I suppose Lehigh can pass Bucknell based on class size so those 2 can flip flop. This is not my rating, but what I think the Patsy ratings will show.

I'm betting that you are going to be VERY surprised.

heath
March 25th, 2015, 08:05 PM
yep, LFN will have Lehigh at #1............But as past years have proven no matter who does them, they do not win championships and don't mean crap. Lehigh's top Patsy class of 2010 absolutely took them downhill. You cannot measure heart and desire in the ratings,nor does it include coaching.xrotatehx

RichH2
March 25th, 2015, 08:37 PM
yep, LFN will have Lehigh at #1............But as past years have proven no matter who does them, they do not win championships and don't mean crap. Lehigh's top Patsy class of 2010 absolutely took them downhill. You cannot measure heart and desire in the ratings,nor does it include coaching.xrotatehx
It is not intended to. Measures potential on paper according to cited recruiting services. Merely a quick fun way to kill time til real football returns. :)
And no LU will not be #1 this year.

Fordham
March 26th, 2015, 09:27 AM

boy if that's not Pard-heavy foreshadowing, I don't know what is!

carney2
March 26th, 2015, 10:11 AM
boy if that's not Pard-heavy foreshadowing, I don't know what is!

Not at all. Check the Lafayette board where you will find that I have become persona non grata, in part, because I am not thrilled with this recruiting class of baby Leopards. My incomplete and quick & dirty calculations tell me that the Patsies will support me in this.

Gater
March 26th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I can read only one thing into this. The eight additional recruits Hunt announced on Twitter this morning account for 60 additional points and A PATSY CLASS FOR THE AGES FOR COLGATE!!!

Gate83
March 26th, 2015, 10:28 AM
8 more official announcements, does the committee reconsider?

Dan Hunt
‏@CoachDanHunt
All the formalities are done, all is official, here is the rest of our incoming freshman class. #win pic.twitter.com/LWE7Kpwjgi

Dan Hunt
‏@CoachDanHunt
#win pic.twitter.com/lEMkPo256f

Fordham
March 26th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Not at all. Check the Lafayette board where you will find that I have become persona non grata, in part, because I am not thrilled with this recruiting class of baby Leopards. My incomplete and quick & dirty calculations tell me that the Patsies will support me in this.

Still, will be interesting (for entertainment purposes only ...)

I do know the Fordham staff is adamant that this is the best recruiting class we've ever pulled in and they think that is by a decent margin. I agree that the things like leadership that bubble up after someone is here for a few years are the things that really make a class at the end of the day but I'll be curious to see how Fordham does in the Patsy's versus what the coaches have been saying. I do know that every coach calls this class a great recruiting class but I've been part of this for long enough to note when things are being presented differently than before and this is one of those times.

Regardless, good stuff and thanks for the work that goes into these.