PDA

View Full Version : Gridiron > > > > Hardwood

kdinva
March 15th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Looking at the projected NCAA brackets.....I count 18 squads who play 1-AA football.......I am sure that irritates Herbstreit......(I wonder what his thoughts are of the squads in the tourney that don't have football at all.....I count 12, including UAB......).

NoVABison
March 15th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Looking at the projected NCAA brackets.....I count 18 squads who play 1-AA football.......I am sure that irritates Herbstreit......(I wonder what his thoughts are of the squads in the tourney that don't have football at all.....I count 12, including UAB......).

Kirk likes at least one team in the FCS playing in the tournament:

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/575645960640053248

Model Citizen
March 16th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Four bids for the PFL. (If only it were a basketball conference.)

clenz
March 16th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Where would that conference rank if it actually existed...and be honest....

Remember...Dayton, Butler, Davidson and Drake would all lose their "We play "big boy conference" recruiting pitches"

Model Citizen
March 16th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Since they would be jacking several current/recent A-10 members, I think most people can figure it out. Valpo matches that talent level.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 16th, 2015, 11:03 AM

That's why the PFL exists, so they can sandbag their football programs for basketball.

clenz
March 16th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Since they would be jacking several current/recent A-10 members, I think most people can figure it out. Valpo matches that talent level.
That conference would do a lot like the AAC is doing...

Look good for a year or two while existing talent is there...but then the bottom will fall out.

They would be 14-18 in RPI every year.

Ivytalk
March 17th, 2015, 05:57 AM
Kirk likes at least one team in the FCS playing in the tournament:

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/575645960640053248

Why does anyone follow Kirk Herbstreit? That's what I'd like to know. Good luck to the Bison anyway!

DFW HOYA
March 17th, 2015, 07:18 AM
That's why the PFL exists, so they can sandbag their football programs for basketball.

Not a lot of sandbagging at places like Marist (7-25), Drake (9-22), Stetson (9-22), Jacksonville (10-22)...

clenz
March 17th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Not a lot of sandbagging at places like Marist (7-25), Drake (9-22), Stetson (9-22), Jacksonville (10-22)...
Yet people believe that conference would be a great basketball conference....

Dayton, Davidson and Butler would be dragged down REAL quick by those.

As I said, the AAC is a perfect example of this.

UCONN and Louisville were fine last year because the talent was left over. Louisville is now gone. UCONN saw a massive talent drop in year two. I haven't looked much at their recruiting for next year but I see a decline unless/until they get snagged by a bigger/better conference. Same for Cinci. Now, if SMU, Tulsa and Temple continue to be 23+ win teams with single digit losses to go with UCONN and Cinci I'll probably be wrong. It will continue to be a 8-10 level RPI conference. I'm not predicting a demise of it, but one down year could lead to some long term conference struggles.

A PFL basketball conference is probably on par with the Horizon long run. Short run probably MVC/MWC but long run Horizon