PDA

View Full Version : DELAWARE - nova game thread

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Not sure how much interest there is in this one, but I'll start a thread anyway. 13-0 Hens at the end of the first. Total domination by Delaware!!! (first time I was able to say that this year) :smiley_wi

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM
20-0 Hens!!! How the hell did this nova team beat JMU??? TOP 17:35 Hens 3:25 for nova. Total Domination!!!!!!!!!!

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM
On 4th and 13 from the 30, nova had the Hens just where the wanted them. Complete pass to the 3 yrd line. TD nova two plays later 20-7 Hens (the UD defense is starting to play like their old selves after looking very good for a quarter and a half)

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Delaware turns it over on downs well inside nova territory. nova takes the ball with a minute left in the half in goes right down the field for a TD (lots of missed tackles once again for the Hens). Looks like we have a ball game all of a sudden. :confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 01:32 PM
nova gets a 15 yrd penalty for celebration and have to kick off from the 20. Delaware 1st down from their own 43. On 1st and 10 with 25 seconds left in the half - 57 yrd TD pass Flacco to Michaud. 27 - 14 Hens at the half.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 02:18 PM
So far, nova owns the 3rd quarter (why are we so bad in this quarter?!). 27-21 Delaware.

JMU Duke Dog
November 18th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Villanova 28
Delaware 27

5:35 left in 4th

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 03:03 PM
nova blocks UD potential game winning FG attempt with 1:30 left. Looks like nova will win. After dominating the first quarter and a half, the Hens come back to earth. This team just never developed a winning instict.

YoUDeeMan
November 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM
nova blocks UD potential game winning FG attempt with 1:30 left. Looks like nova will win. After dominating the first quarter and a half, the Hens come back to earth. This team just never developed a winning instict.

Keeler & Co. blew this one.

3 straight running plays (what....2 yards gained?) from 20 yard line while Cuff was on the bench. Last run was was to the right, leaving the ball on the right hash mark. Licker missed that 37 yard field goal attempt which would have sealed the win (27-21 at that time).

And those calls were with a FRESHMAN running.

Why does he get so GD conservative when they are up by less than a touchdown, the D is allowing the other team to score at will, and the UD offense is blowing through the other team's defense?

LEHIGH61
November 18th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Way to go Villanova. Keeler (the pimp) better bring in more 1A rejects! About 15 of them!!

YoUDeeMan
November 18th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Way to go Villanova. Keeler (the pimp) better bring in more 1A rejects! About 15 of them!!

Still stinging from the Laffy laugher?

ChickenMan
November 18th, 2006, 03:49 PM

After the pounding the Leopards layed on your butts (again)... Lehigh fans shouldn't even be seen... let alone heard...

Jaxhen
November 18th, 2006, 03:53 PM

Classy comment.

LEHIGH61
November 18th, 2006, 03:56 PM

DirtyDukes
November 18th, 2006, 04:12 PM
20-0 Hens!!! How the hell did this nova team beat JMU??? TOP 17:35 Hens 3:25 for nova. Total Domination!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Mr. C
November 18th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a typical down-to-the-wire Villanova-Delaware game. Along with Appalachian State-Furman, this series provides the most exciting finishes to games as ANY series in college football. One of these days, I'm going to make it to a Villanova-Delaware game. Congrats to the Cats for closing the season out strong with wins over JMU and Delaware.

Anovafan
November 18th, 2006, 05:07 PM
First post in a long time, it's been a long and tough season for the few of us die-hard VU fans. I just got back from Newark, it was another classic VU-UD game. Nice to finish on a winning note at 6-5. Truth be told, if Nova holds onto the 17 point 4Q lead against Lehigh and schedules a winnable game instead of I-A UCF, this could have been an 8-3 team. Ifs and butts, candy and nuts, or something like that, on to next season.

I was very impressed with UD, huge o-line, Flacco is great, and Cuff is a stud. I haven't followed their season this year, but I have no idea how they finished 5-6, that was a very talented team. As talented as any in the A-10.

Good luck to JMU, UNH and Umass, I will be pulling for them in the playoffs.

ChickenMan
November 18th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I was very impressed with UD, huge o-line, Flacco is great, and Cuff is a stud. I haven't followed their season this year, but I have no idea how they finished 5-6, that was a very talented team. As talented as any in the A-10.

UD's offense is very talented and should be outstanding next year... but the Hen's defense is as bad as I have ever seen at UD and unfortunately I don't see a lot of hope for much improvement next year.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ahem. I stand by that comment. Nova is not a good team - Delaware was worse.

The Dukes make a short exit in the playoffs!!!

A couple of azzhole JMU fans have made me a fan of whomever they are playing.

(unless the happen to play umass)

DE92
November 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM

Lehigh61 -

You are a very bitter man. Show some class!

HensRock
November 18th, 2006, 08:04 PM
First post in a long time, it's been a long and tough season for the few of us die-hard VU fans. I just got back from Newark, it was another classic VU-UD game. Nice to finish on a winning note at 6-5. Truth be told, if Nova holds onto the 17 point 4Q lead against Lehigh and schedules a winnable game instead of I-A UCF, this could have been an 8-3 team. Ifs and butts, candy and nuts, or something like that, on to next season.

Classy comments, Anovafan. Congrats on the win. VU never gave up. The Hen apparently decided to mail it in in the second half. Typical Hen 3rd quarter this year. The way we've played this season, we did not deserve the win.

YoUDeeMan
November 18th, 2006, 08:13 PM
UD's offense is very talented and should be outstanding next year... but the Hen's defense is as bad as I have ever seen at UD and unfortunately I don't see a lot of hope for much improvement next year.

The D was bad this year; way undersized and poor tacklers.

But, those defensive players will be each 10-15 lbs heavier next year if they really commit themselves to the weight room. They will also be more experienced.

If we get two big D line transfers/recruits and one LB (not entirely out of the question), we're back in business. It won't be a great D, but with the explosive offense we will have next year, a better D will add up to a lot more wins and a chance to do some serious damage in the playoffs.

blukeys
November 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM
.FOR A CLASSY COACH ..

Well what can you expect from someone who hails from the Lehigh Valley (Emmaus)????? Getting one classy person from there would be a miracle!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

blukeys
November 18th, 2006, 09:40 PM

Congrats on your win Anovafan. I wish I had known you were coming to Newark you would have been welcome at our tailgate. I also spent a lot of time with Henfan today and I know you would have been welcome there as well. We have a great O returning next year. Our D has a long way to go but I think the staff is aware that that is the case.

Like you I say go JMU, Umass and UNH!!!!