PDA

View Full Version : The A-10 Den: Week Eleven Results, Week Twelve Preview

BDKJMU
November 17th, 2006, 01:30 PM
http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=82244

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I have a feeling if both Towson and UNH lose next week, either Maine still has a shot at the playoffs (7-4, 6-2 in the A-10) with a pretty good GPI and losses only to YSU, UMass, Rhode Island (bad weather) and Boston College. Three of those losses are against top flight competition, and the URI loss would be an explainable one. UNH would be a quality win, too.

UNH with a loss would finish 7-4 (4-4) and probably not make it, unless the committee is deadset against Maine. I just don't see how UNH could make it over Maine, unless that Northwestern win propels them in. But if the committee really thinks Maine is done, then why not UNH? They probably still have a playoff quality GPI, and with a Towson loss, would mean they would be the 3rd team in.

umassfan
November 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I have a feeling if both Towson and UNH lose next week, either Maine still has a shot at the playoffs (7-4, 6-2 in the A-10) with a pretty good GPI and losses only to YSU, UMass, Rhode Island (bad weather) and Boston College. Three of those losses are against top flight competition, and the URI loss would be an explainable one. UNH would be a quality win, too.

UNH with a loss would finish 7-4 (4-4) and probably not make it, unless the committee is deadset against Maine. I just don't see how UNH could make it over Maine, unless that Northwestern win propels them in. But if the committee really thinks Maine is done, then why not UNH? They probably still have a playoff quality GPI, and with a Towson loss, would mean they would be the 3rd team in.
Maine will not have enough D-I wins to make the playoffs.

Umass74
November 17th, 2006, 02:57 PM
No. Maine is out. They can't get the minimum seven DI wins even if they beat UNH.

The Shaw win is DII. The Black Bears are ineligible for the playoffs.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 17th, 2006, 02:57 PM
One of Maine's 7 wins is against DII Shaw.
No way Maine makes the playoffs.

They're playing to ruin UNH's day.
Something they would truely enjoy.

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Does that mean if UNH and Towson both use that UNH would quite likely still get in, anyway?

Umass74
November 17th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Does that mean if UNH and Towson both use that UNH would quite likely still get in, anyway?

No. Seven win teams are technically eligible for the playoffs, but are rarely picked unless they win their league championship and thus get an auto-bid.

If UNH and Towson both loose, unless there are some really strange series of losses by a lot of other teams, it is highly likely that the committee will not pick them for an at-large bid.