PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Matthews to North Texas?

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2006, 03:38 PM
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=7344&CHID=3

I would hope that Matthews wouldn't take a step down to the Slum Belt league.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 16th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Please let's stop these rumors until the season is over and we can do all the speculating we want. Let's focus on the games. :bang:

There are rumors flying around about Harbaugh and a number of other coaches. I'm sure UNT will be putting their feelers out to all available coaches that are considered an upgrade from their recently fired coach.

In Mickey's case, there are reasons to move, and there are reasons to stay at JMU. I would like to think he wants to grow with JMU as he builds a dominant CAA program. We all know $$$ talks though. It is tough to leave Harrisonburg though, which is why we have some of the best valued professors (we don't pay them nearly enough, and yet they love the school and the area).

kats89
November 16th, 2006, 06:21 PM
UNT is definitely going to want someone with recruiting ties in Texas. Look for a DI-A Asst to get this job in a crappy conference.

mcveyrl
November 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Mickey's from Texas.

TSU84returntoglory
November 16th, 2006, 06:48 PM
That's what we like - distractions. :D

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
TELL 'EM TIGER..............:nod:.....BRAWK!

mainejeff
November 16th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Mickey's from Texas.

Well that explains his big mouth.

Henny
November 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM
After reading the article and considering the competition for the job. My prediction for JMU - Bye Bye Mickey.

mainejeff
November 17th, 2006, 07:39 AM
After reading the article and considering the competition for the job. My prediction for JMU - Bye Bye Mickey.

He's done everything he can do at JMU. If JMU ever moves to a higher level, they certainly would not be doing it with Mickey Matthews at the helm.

andy7171
November 17th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I heard Matthews said he was as good as outta JMU after the Nova loss. He said Harrisonburg was a hole in the Earth.

JMU2004
November 17th, 2006, 08:01 AM
all I can do is laugh at this thread..... MM will do what any coach does, test the waters and try to get JMU to pony some more $$$ up.

Bottom line, MM has stated that there are only a handful of jobs that he would leave JMU for. UNT was not among the list.

mcveyrl
November 17th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Well that explains his big mouth.

Yea, he's used that excuse several times.xlolx xlolx

I'd be surprised if Mickey went to UNT, but not totally shocked.

By the way, I heard that Mickey and Clayton are going to have a piece on the Geraldo Show on Fox News tonight.:hurray: :hurray:

Maybe he'll go Harbaugh on everybody. I doubt it.

DTSpider
November 17th, 2006, 08:35 AM
all I can do is laugh at this thread..... MM will do what any coach does, test the waters and try to get JMU to pony some more $$$ up.

Bottom line, MM has stated that there are only a handful of jobs that he would leave JMU for. UNT was not among the list.

Exactly, IMO look for a press release in a month of so announcing that MM has an extension with more money. :nod:

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 17th, 2006, 10:43 AM
...preferably with a nice buy-out clause! :cool: