PDA

View Full Version : The Best Football Prospect Nobody Has Ever Heard Of

McNeese75
January 29th, 2015, 09:34 AM
This would NEVER happen in Louisiana. But what say Ye in the Big Sky????? xeyebrowx

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322488-the-best-football-prospect-nobodys-ever-heard-of?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=teamstream

OL FU
January 29th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Where's New Mexicoxconfusedx

caribbeanhen
January 29th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Where's New Mexicoxconfusedx

New Mexico is in South Carolina now.

chattownmocs
January 29th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Long article for a kid with no offers....

walliver
January 29th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I read the article and can't shake the idea that something important has been left out of the story. This guy hasn't even received a single D2 offer, yet is described as a big time player. Although the article doesn't state it, is seems as if he doesn't even have preferred walk-on offers.

Silenoz
January 29th, 2015, 11:20 AM
He has an offer from North Dakota State or one of those schools now.

One of my former coaches who was a college assistant for years and worked with QBs told me he "doesn't spin it." In other words not enough velocity for the college game. Just saying what a former college assistant at the D1 level said after watching highlight film of him.

Take that for what's it worth... (probably nothing)

BisonFan02
January 29th, 2015, 12:05 PM

Where did you see that? I think NDSU has a QB in this class already from MN, and I have never heard of this guy until now.

ming01
January 29th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I read the article and can't shake the idea that something important has been left out of the story. This guy hasn't even received a single D2 offer, yet is described as a big time player. Although the article doesn't state it, is seems as if he doesn't even have preferred walk-on offers.

yeah something doesn't smell right. Probably alienated smaller schools and when the big schools didn't come, there wasn't interest anymore.

ming01
January 29th, 2015, 12:14 PM
If this kid was legit don't you think New Mexico or Nmsu would have offered?

Bisonator
January 29th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Where did you see that? I think NDSU has a QB in this class already from MN, and I have never heard of this guy until now.

Yeah definitely not THE NORTH DAKOTA STATE. :D

Good luck to this kid though.

Drblankstare
January 29th, 2015, 12:22 PM
This looks like a Sidd Finch situation. Is it April Fools day already.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 29th, 2015, 12:26 PM

I don't disagree, and high-academic 4.0 kids that can play football have an even wider possible reach in the Ivy League and Patriot League, who are scouring the nation for these types of players. It's possible he has IL or PL offers but they're not considered "big time" enough, but if that were true than the title of the article is a lie.

Heck, Valpo could offer him and he could get financial aid. That's what Jim Harbaugh did for Josh Johnson. But I guess that technically wouldn't be a "scholarship offer".

344Johnson
January 29th, 2015, 12:28 PM
If this kid was legit don't you think New Mexico or Nmsu would have offered?

I believe one if them had like 6 freshman qbs on the roster.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 29th, 2015, 12:34 PM
This looks like a Sidd Finch situation. Is it April Fools day already.

He's real.

http://www.abqjournal.com/478557/sports/rams-qb-brueres-most-incredible-stat-ndash-zero-scholarship-offers.html

Sure, Howes said, there have been some Division I programs – Tulsa, San Diego State, New Mexico State – who have glanced his QB’s way. Division II programs aren’t investing time in Bruere because they’re all convinced he’ll go D-I, Howes said.

“It kind of leaves him waiting for somebody that will really want him,” Howes said. “It’s gotta be tough on him. He’s playing with a chip on his shoulder.”

You'd think San Diego would come up with an aid package for him, if nothing else.

ming01
January 29th, 2015, 12:41 PM
He's real.

http://www.abqjournal.com/478557/sports/rams-qb-brueres-most-incredible-stat-ndash-zero-scholarship-offers.html

You'd think San Diego would come up with an aid package for him, if nothing else.[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

By that quote alone you can tell that something is fishy. Im guessing the dad pissed off the lower schools or didnt even bother to pay attention to them.

ming01
January 29th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I believe one if them had like 6 freshman qbs on the roster.

Might be something to do with their systems too. Both have offered a dual threat qb in the same class from NM. This kid seems like a pro style guy.

Hammerhead
January 29th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I'm sure this happens to lots of kids from smaller schools and not-so-small schools. People thought NDSU would be all out-of-state players after moving up to the FCS and that never happened.

bonarae
January 29th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Is a D-III or NAIA in the horizon? Looks like he'll end up there.

frozennorth
January 29th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Sounds vaguely like Terrence wests situation.

dewey
January 29th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I posted this over on the Bisonville recruiting thread and hopefully one of the NDSU posters that follow recruiting to see if they know anything.

I saw on one forum (I don't even remember which one now) that a poster said that NDSU was starting to show interest. However it looks like NDSU has a QB (kid from Bemidji Minnesota) for this class.

Dewey

McNeese75
January 29th, 2015, 09:59 PM
I posted this over on the Bisonville recruiting thread and hopefully one of the NDSU posters that follow recruiting to see if they know anything.

I saw on one forum (I don't even remember which one now) that a poster said that NDSU was starting to show interest. However it looks like NDSU has a QB (kid from Bemidji Minnesota) for this class.

Dewey

GREAT, just what I wanted to do, give the bison another QB :( xlolx

BisonFan02
January 29th, 2015, 10:02 PM
GREAT, just what I wanted to do, give the bison another QB :( xlolx

Have no fear...I don't think this QB is on NDSU's radar. xlolx The Bison are typically going after 1 QB per class now (lessons learned in the relatively recent past), and it looks like they already have one. The incoming freshman in this class is going to have to battle a pretty decorated recruit from last year in order to leap frog for playing time after Wentz is done.

dewey
January 29th, 2015, 10:05 PM

This is the link to where Brock got the quote from.

http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54857

Here is another link to some mention of NDSU having interest in him.

http://newmexico.scout.com/forums/2466-the-red-menace-zone/13264866-easton-bruere

Dewey

BisonFan02
January 29th, 2015, 10:23 PM
This is the link to where Brock got the quote from.

http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54857

Here is another link to some mention of NDSU having interest in him.

http://newmexico.scout.com/forums/2466-the-red-menace-zone/13264866-easton-bruere

Dewey

If the comment is true about NDSU interest in mid October...and with how late in the process NDSU picked up their QB this class...maybe this kid/family blew off FCS recruitment (and its biting them in the butt) or NDSU was turned off for some reason.....or both forums are full of **** and NDSU never contacted them. xlolx Either way, I haven't heard 1 peep of this guy being recruited by NDSU.

dewey
January 29th, 2015, 10:30 PM
If the comment is true about NDSU interest in mid October...and with how late in the process NDSU picked up their QB this class...maybe this kid/family blew off FCS recruitment (and its biting them in the butt) or NDSU was turned off for some reason.....or both forums are full of **** and NDSU never contacted them. xlolx Either way, I haven't heard 1 peep of this guy being recruited by NDSU.

I was thinking the samething. It will be interesting to see if he goes FCS, Dr or even possibly the junior college route to try and get some more exposure. He could also say screw it and just go get an education. Though going on an athletic scholarship does tend to help the tuition issue:-)

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 29th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Since I believe this is a done deal, Dominic Bragalone to Lehigh. Top this :D

Bragalone had set the Pennsylvania state record the week before and reportedly had 4,361 yards entering Friday's game with Bishop Guilfoyle. He needed 395 yards to tie the mark of John Giannantonio of Netcong (N.J.), who rushed for 4,756 yards in eight games in 1950.

According to numerous reports on Twitter, Bragalone finished with 355 yards, giving him 4,716 for the season. The total ranks as the second-highest in national history.

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-national-blog/fgLhEPCWOEKsx0C053JY5A/dominick-bragalone-falls-short-of-breaking-john-giannantonios-national-rushing-record.htm

BisonFan02
January 29th, 2015, 10:56 PM
I was thinking the samething. It will be interesting to see if he goes FCS, Dr or even possibly the junior college route to try and get some more exposure. He could also say screw it and just go get an education. Though going on an athletic scholarship does tend to help the tuition issue:-)

Dewey

Pump the brakes there homie...better go read the "other sports" forum...these guys have a rough time getting an education and playing football at the same time.

bonarae
January 29th, 2015, 11:43 PM

Dewey

Many baseball players tend to go JUCO for some exposure. But for football, I'm not sure if a kid of his caliber (academics and athletics) will ever go there. He'll more than likely ever end up D-III or NAIA.

AmsterBison
January 30th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Have no fear...I don't think this QB is on NDSU's radar. xlolx The Bison are typically going after 1 QB per class now (lessons learned in the relatively recent past), and it looks like they already have one. The incoming freshman in this class is going to have to battle a pretty decorated recruit from last year in order to leap frog for playing time after Wentz is done.

Besides Hendricks, they've got Mike Veldman walking on (6-4, 190), and he threw for 34 TDs against 5 INTs last year. Everybody is talking like he's going to be a TE though.

caribbeanhen
January 30th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Since I believe this is a done deal, Dominic Bragalone to Lehigh. Top this :D

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-national-blog/fgLhEPCWOEKsx0C053JY5A/dominick-bragalone-falls-short-of-breaking-john-giannantonios-national-rushing-record.htm

interesting player, I watched his tape and the thing that jumped out was how bad the D was he was racking up all those yards against...

citdog
January 30th, 2015, 06:00 PM
interesting player, I watched his tape and the thing that jumped out was how bad the D was he was racking up all those yards against...

seems about right. if he was any good he would not be headed to le high

344Johnson
January 31st, 2015, 01:49 PM
Pump the brakes there homie...better go read the "other sports" forum...these guys have a rough time getting an education and playing football at the same time.

Absolute travesty that they don't get paid big bucks!

caribbeanhen
February 6th, 2015, 09:09 AM
so did the New Mexico QB pick up an offer?

Mattymc727
February 6th, 2015, 09:23 AM
He is going to Butler Community College

Sounds like a kid who is only interested in the FBS.

I also dont believe that being from New Mexico was the issue. So kids from new Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine have a better audience? Give me a break.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 6th, 2015, 10:15 AM

I also dont believe that being from New Mexico was the issue. So kids from new Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine have a better audience? Give me a break.

This was the issue.

caribbeanhen
February 6th, 2015, 02:02 PM
This was the issue. well he sounds as dumb as dum gets

bonarae
February 6th, 2015, 04:27 PM

What a waste of potential. xsmhx

Why didn't he consider FCS and the lower divisions?

NoCoDanny
February 7th, 2015, 06:52 PM
What a waste of potential. xsmhx

Why didn't he consider FCS and the lower divisions?

Because there would be no story if at the end they mentioned all the Southland and Lone Star offers he had.

Catsfan90
February 10th, 2015, 07:05 AM
I'm almost wondering if he didn't have some sort of connection to have this article written. Almost like, a way to advertise himself by creating hype around him? Idk its speculation.

clenz
February 10th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I'm almost wondering if he didn't have some sort of connection to have this article written. Almost like, a way to advertise himself by creating hype around him? Idk its speculation.
Would make sense.

Does he come from money with helicopter parents?

Sycamore62
February 10th, 2015, 08:12 AM

Dewey

or learn to weld and make more money in his lifetime

ursus arctos horribilis
February 10th, 2015, 11:07 AM
or learn to weld and make more money in his lifetime

I knew I like your style Syc...I been telling young fellers for the past 20 yrs. to stop with all the college BS if they didn't have their heart really into some certain thing and get in the welding trade. Hell I even paid for me and my brother to take a welding class about 10 yrs. ago just as a backup plan. xlolx

Good way to work yourself into 75-100/hr. job in short order if you are a young person.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 10th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I think that comes from the parents. My kids know that they are going through "16th" grade. They can become garbage haulers for all I care, they are finishing college.

During the recession, the unemployment rate for someone with a college degree was half that of someone without one. It makes a difference. I tell the story of how between 2009 and 2010, I quit two jobs, one because I moved and the other because I didn't like it, and never stayed unemployed for more than a month.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 10th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I think that comes from the parents. My kids know that they are going through "16th" grade. They can become garbage haulers for all I care, they are finishing college.

During the recession, the unemployment rate for someone with a college degree was half that of someone without one. It makes a difference. I tell the story of how between 2009 and 2010, I quit two jobs, one because I moved and the other because I didn't like it, and never stayed unemployed for more than a month.

Not exactly the data points I'd choose to use as I'm talking aobut skilled trades more than general min. wayge types but I assume you are correct in that this comes from parents a whole lot. I really think it's dumb to think that college should be everyone's deal though. It may very well be what is right for your kids but I have as much as more respect for skilled tradesman as I've had for any professional I've ever met.

Not that this really matters though, I guess I was just rambling at the end there.

If you did compare skilled trades to college degrees I'd bet the stats are similar if not more in favor of trades like welding.

BisonFan02
February 10th, 2015, 11:57 AM
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/2/005/08d/1e1/3c438b1.jpg

Bisonator
February 10th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Our company has about 5-10 office personal and 30-50 welders plus we are always looking for good welders but hardly ever need office peeps.

Catsfan90
February 10th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Our company has about 5-10 office personal and 30-50 welders plus we are always looking for good welders but hardly ever need office peeps.
Same with were I work. The Machinists actually can make more than the administrators. All you need to be a machinist is a certificate, as opposed to a bachelors degree to be an administrator. College is great for a lot of people, but the skilled trades definitely can't be overlooked! IMHO having a certificate/ having formal training in a trade as well as experience. Is just as valuable as if you went to four years of school.

Milktruck74
February 14th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Sorry to pull this back on track.....

But For a kid of any caliber to not have any offers....ANY OFFERS? Not sure if it is still the case, but I got offers from D2s that I never visited....I may have talked to a coach once and got an offer. Schools will Toss out offers that they know they have virtually zero chance of pulling down, just "because you never know!!!" Surely some Directional 4-Corners State Agricultural and Technical School would have sent him some papers??? Then to end up at a Juco. I know this is a much more accepted route to a FBS program in the MW and Pac10, than it is in the ACC, Big12, SEC or B1G.

bonarae
February 15th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Sorry to pull this back on track.....

But For a kid of any caliber to not have any offers....ANY OFFERS? Not sure if it is still the case, but I got offers from D2s that I never visited....I may have talked to a coach once and got an offer. Schools will Toss out offers that they know they have virtually zero chance of pulling down, just "because you never know!!!" Surely some Directional 4-Corners State Agricultural and Technical School would have sent him some papers??? Then to end up at a Juco. I know this is a much more accepted route to a FBS program in the MW and Pac10, than it is in the ACC, Big12, SEC or B1G.

His decision is beyond what we truly understand. xsmhx