PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State Still has a Playoff Shot

JSUGrad
November 16th, 2006, 12:29 PM
From http://ovcfootball.blogspot.com/

OVC Photo Finish Coming

OVC newspapers are abuzz after the realization yesterday that the OVC race could come down to a two-, three- or four-way tie, with any of those four teams potentially getting the league's automatic bid to the playoffs. It apparently was all they could talk about on yesterday's coaches' teleconference.

The (Charleston, Ill.) Journal Gazette/Times-Courier throws credit to The Anniston (Ala.) Star's Al Muskewitz for figuring out that Jacksonville State still has a shot. Musky realized that if Jax State wins, Murray State beats UT-Martin and Eastern Kentucky beats Tennessee State, JSU wins the autobid without a coin flip or blind draw.

Read the article from the Eastern Ill. University newspaper @ the link below

http://www.jg-tc.com/articles/2006/11/15/sports/sports003.txt

GannonFan
November 16th, 2006, 12:31 PM
No offense, but they just figured this out yesterday???? This isn't a new mathematical field akin to Linear Algebra or Differential Equations, it's football tiebreakers - what took them so long?:read:

JSUGrad
November 16th, 2006, 01:21 PM
No offense, but they just figured this out yesterday???? This isn't a new mathematical field akin to Linear Algebra or Differential Equations, it's football tiebreakers - what took them so long?:read:

I doubt it was figured out just yesterday. But, A hopeful article does help out in the sales figures dept for all of the OVC Newspapers going in the last week regular season.

These articles about the OVC is like this board it all a bunch of idle chadder and gives the fans something to chat about until the Games are played on Saturday. I really don't think it takes Rocket Scientist to understand newspapers anyway.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 16th, 2006, 02:06 PM
That sounds about as likely as San Diego making the field. xlolx It rings too much of the rant Mickey Matthews gave last year heading into selection Sunday. True, you have a shot. I'd say it's about 1% chance given those matchups. Good luck though :thumbsup:

mcveyrl
November 16th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I'd say it's about 1% chance given those matchups. Good luck though :thumbsup:

You saying you'd give me 100 to 1 for all that to happen??

I'll put 10 bucks down:D :D

Entertainment purposes only.

GannonFan
November 16th, 2006, 02:24 PM
It rings too much of the rant Mickey Matthews gave last year heading into selection Sunday.

Well, let's not go that far - Mickey was saying what he was saying with JMU only having 6 DI wins and no shot at the conference title - Jax St may have a 1% chance, but JMU had a 0% chance.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 16th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I knew I could count on you Blue Hen fans to keep me in line. :D :rotateh: