PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel Faces Tough Early Test With Davidson

Lehigh Football Nation
January 21st, 2015, 09:48 AM
http://citadelsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&schedule=149

xlmaox

The Citadel and Georgetown finally have something in common!

CID1990
January 21st, 2015, 10:15 AM
Davidson deserves the skull****ing we are going to give them. Their basketball dominance in the SoCon was directly proportional to the money they dont spend on football. They should have never been allowed in the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFW HOYA
January 21st, 2015, 11:04 AM
The Citadel and Georgetown finally have something in common!

To my knowledge, Georgetown is not on Davidson's schedule.

citdog
January 21st, 2015, 11:35 AM
As 1990 so eloquently stated this has been a LONG time coming for davidson. Hope the Cadets hang 70 on them.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 21st, 2015, 11:37 AM
As 1990 so eloquently stated this has been a LONG time coming for davidson. Hope the Cadets hang 70 on them.

I think you might.

DFW HOYA
January 21st, 2015, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately for Davidson, a case can be made they are the worst team in I-AA right now given its strength of schedule and three year record against D-I teams (2-28). Its last D-I win outside the Pioneer was in 2005 vs. Georgetown, and before that, 2000.

An argument can also be made for Columbia (three year D-I record of 3-27) and Savannah State (2-33) but their strengths of schedule are considerably stronger than Davidson.

Go Green
January 21st, 2015, 12:43 PM
An argument can also be made for Columbia (three year D-I record of 3-27).

Columbia did better marginally better (lost by 32) than Davidson (lost by 39) against Princeton.

Factor home-field advantage, and the difference is even smaller.

DFW HOYA
January 21st, 2015, 01:13 PM
Columbia did better marginally better (lost by 32) than Davidson (lost by 39) against Princeton.

Columbia vs. Davidson....who wins?

Savannah State beats either of them.

hebmskebm
January 21st, 2015, 01:21 PM
Hope the Cadets hang 70 on them.

What about the second half? xlolx

Apphole
January 21st, 2015, 02:08 PM
Davidson deserves the skull****ing we are going to give them. Their basketball dominance in the SoCon was directly proportional to the money they dont spend on football. They should have never been allowed in the conference.

A basketball program disguised as an athletic department.

And the bastards got a home win against a ranked opponent last night.

Go Green
January 21st, 2015, 02:55 PM
A basketball program disguised as an athletic department.

And the bastards got a home win against a ranked opponent last night.

And had there been a catastrophic attack on the Capitol last night, Davidson would have its first President.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anthony-foxx-meet-state-union-2015s-designated-survivor/story?id=28354604

Ivytalk
January 22nd, 2015, 06:42 AM
And had there been a catastrophic attack on the Capitol last night, Davidson would have its first President.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anthony-foxx-meet-state-union-2015s-designated-survivor/story?id=28354604

And that would put Davidson one ahead of Dartmouth.:)

CID1990
January 22nd, 2015, 09:43 AM
The US Ambassador here in Nigeria is a Davidson grad. I'll think up some kind of wager to make with him.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 22nd, 2015, 02:08 PM
The US Ambassador here in Nigeria is a Davidson grad. I'll think up some kind of wager to make with him.

Plane ticket to somewhere outside Nigeria? (I had an alum friend who worked in Lagos and Warri back in the late 70's!!!! :D )