PDA

View Full Version : FCS TV Ratings

UNHFan
January 16th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Haven't been on in a while... I was in my yearly UNH Loss black-out all things FCS for a few weeks :)

Anyone see info on the ratings for the rounds and the championship game?

AmsterBison
January 16th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Haven't been on in a while... I was in my yearly UNH Loss black-out all things FCS for a few weeks :)

Anyone see info on the ratings for the rounds and the championship game?

The only ratings I've seen was the 1.447 million viewers for the CCU v NDSU quarterfinal and the Friday semifinal game (700+k) NDSU v SHSU (which was the highest-rated program for ESPN2 that week.)

Edit: Did some searching and it looks like the FCS championship game got 1.4 million viewers too.

source: https://twitter.com/AustinKarp/status/556134730220208129

BISON Thunder
January 16th, 2015, 12:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/509074142516097024/624RP2N0_bigger.jpegAustin Karp‏@AustinKarp (https://twitter.com/AustinKarp)

People tuning in to watch North Dakota State? FCS title game on ESPN2 got 1.4 million viewers, up 16% from '14, up 31% from '13 (also NDSU)

9:03 AM - 16 Jan 2015

Professor Chaos
January 16th, 2015, 12:26 PM
The only ratings I've seen was the 1.447 million viewers for the CCU v NDSU quarterfinal and the Friday semifinal game (700+k) NDSU v SHSU (which was the highest-rated program for ESPN2 that week.)

Edit: Did some searching and it looks like the FCS championship game got 1.4 million viewers too.

source: https://twitter.com/AustinKarp/status/556134730220208129
1.4M for the championship on ESPN2 is actually really good. That beat any college football game on the deuce excluding the New Year's Day games since LSU/Arkansas on 11/15: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Bisonator
January 16th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Pretty good increases the past couple years.

NDSU_grad
January 16th, 2015, 12:56 PM
1.4M for the championship on ESPN2 is actually really good. That beat any college football game on the deuce excluding the New Year's Day games since LSU/Arkansas on 11/15: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/
From your link:

1.32M

2:00 PM
BYU/Memphis
Miami Beach Bowl
ESPN

So much for BYU's national appeal.

hebmskebm
January 16th, 2015, 01:04 PM
From your link:

1.32M

BYU/Memphis
Miami Beach Bowl
ESPN

To be fair that game was on in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. The FCS championship was on Saturday afternoon with no other football on at the same time. Don't get me wrong I'd much rather be watching the latter, but there are reasons other than on-field product that it outdrew the former.

NDSU_grad
January 16th, 2015, 01:08 PM
To be fair that game was on in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. The FCS championship was on Saturday afternoon with no other football on at the same time. Don't get me wrong I'd much rather be watching the latter, but there are reasons other than on-field product that it outdrew the former.
Sure, I understand that. But if you listen to BYU folks, every Mormon in the entire world is glued to the TV set every time the Cougars play.

marenlee
January 16th, 2015, 02:17 PM

Don't forget the Championship game was not advertised at all. And it was on ESPN2. I do not recall a single 15 second spot on the ESPN Networks promoting the game.

frozennorth
January 16th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Don't forget the Championship game was not advertised at all. And it was on ESPN2. I do not recall a single 15 second spot on the ESPN Networks promoting the game.

I saw or read literally nothing from mainstream outlets, and I was looking.

caribbeanhen
January 16th, 2015, 08:01 PM
From your link:

1.32M

BYU/Memphis
Miami Beach Bowl

ESPN

Was it due to all the Miner's moving into the state?

bluedog
January 16th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Anybody has a link to the actual ratings, other than a copy of a tweet to confirm this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
January 18th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Anybody has a link to the actual ratings, other than a copy of a tweet to confirm this?

Good enough?

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/01/16/Media/Final-Ratings.aspx

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 01:00 AM
Good enough?

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/01/16/Media/Final-Ratings.aspx

Thanks, kind of disappointing numbers to say it didn't go up against any bowl games or P5.

Professor Chaos
January 18th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Thanks, kind of disappointing numbers to say it didn't go up against any bowl games or P5.

No, it's not actually. The majority of casual sports fans had no idea there was a college football game played on January 10th and I bet most of those who watched were not flipping through channels looking for a random college football game to watch. The fact that the game drew as many viewers as it did (better than any college football game on ESPN2 outside of New Year's Day since November 15th) is an encouraging sign because it's fair to say most of those viewers tuned in because they made a point to. I hope this gives ESPN a little more motivation to at least make an attempt to promote the game or the FCS playoffs in general.

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 01:15 AM
Hmm. ... interesting take.

citdog
January 18th, 2015, 07:11 AM

it wasn't no band competition. these were actually GOOD teams. you wouldn't know much about that.

caribbeanhen
January 18th, 2015, 07:15 AM
I asked at work if anyone watched........blank stares! North Dakota State dominance and corruption (they go hand and hand) is not helping an already pathetic situation.

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 07:19 AM
it wasn't no band competition. these were actually GOOD teams. you wouldn't know much about that.

It appears neither does your school, or a lot of other folks.

centennial
January 18th, 2015, 09:35 AM
The reality is that majority of college football fans had NO idea because ESPN didn't promote it at all. Most would want to watch the game.

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 10:49 AM
The reality is that majority of college football fans had NO idea because ESPN didn't promote it at all. Most would want to watch the game.

And you know this based on what fact?

Is there some statistical analysis that you have a link too, that supports your theory?

The Bayou Classic had even less promotion, and went up against the SEC and the Big 12, but still put up similar numbers.

AmsterBison
January 18th, 2015, 11:52 AM

Is there some statistical analysis that you have a link too, that supports your theory?

The Bayou Classic had even less promotion, and went up against the SEC and the Big 12, but still put up similar numbers.

I checked and it appears that the Bayou Classic was on NBC.

Comparing ratings of something on NBC to something on ESPN2 is hardly apples to apples. Heck, comparing the ratings of something on ESPN to ESPN2 is not even a fair comparison.

Being one of the lowest-rated shows on NBC is different than being one of the highest-rated shows on ESPN2.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/12/nhl-black-friday-nbc-ratings-bayou-classic-grambling-southern-epl-nbc-viewership/

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I checked and it appears that the Bayou Classic is on NBC. Comparing ratings of something on NBC to something on ESPN2 is hardly apples to apples. Heck, comparing the ratings of something on ESPN to ESPN2 is not even a fair comparison. Being one of the lowest-rated shows on a network is different than being one of the highest-rated shows on a network.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/12/nhl-black-friday-nbc-ratings-bayou-classic-grambling-southern-epl-nbc-viewership/

So basically your 1.4 is more than my 1.4 because we live in different neighborhoods.

Man look, you can twist it however it helps you feel comfortable.

At the end of the day, the FCS playoffs had absolutely no competition going against it, playing for a NATIONAL TITLE and it drew little more then a regular season SWAC game.

End of story.

centennial
January 18th, 2015, 12:10 PM

Like Amster said, being one of the highest rated game on ESPN 2 is different from NBC. This doesn't change the fact that most sports fans do not care about SWAC and would like to watch a good game vs a gimmick. If the NC was on ESPN and was promoted it would have got more viewers. The problem is ESPN, they don't want to change the narrative. This is the same complaint that G5 schools have. I should know better than to argue with you.

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 12:12 PM

Still waiting on your data to support your theory.

Wilson16
January 18th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Unless I'm mistaken more people have access to NBC than ESPN (especially ESPN 2) since you don't have to have cable or satellite to get NBC. ESPN you do. Those folks are limited to 5-6 channels and limited sporting events to watch. This alone gives a bigger potential audience.

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Well apparently 6.42 million got access to Auburn vs Wisconsin, with five other games being played that same day.

While 34.15 million got access for the Ohio vs Oregon game.

College Football TV Ratings — Sports Media Watch http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Wilson16
January 18th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Well apparently 6.42 million got access to Auburn vs Wisconsin, with five other games being played that same day.

While 34.15 million got access for the Ohio vs Oregon game.

College Football TV Ratings — Sports Media Watch http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Never said they didn't. Just said that more people have access to NBC than ESPN therefore making it easier to have more viewers watch a game. Is this not true?

stevdock
January 18th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I asked at work if anyone watched........blank stares! North Dakota State dominance and corruption (they go hand and hand) is not helping an already pathetic situation.

What corruption??

No_Skill
January 18th, 2015, 01:29 PM
What corruption??

Obvious trollbait, but that slanderous comment should still be removed IMO.

UNH Fanboi
January 18th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Like Amster said, being one of the highest rated game on ESPN 2 is different from NBC. This doesn't change the fact that most sports fans do not care about SWAC and would like to watch a good game vs a gimmick. If the NC was on ESPN and was promoted it would have got more viewers. The problem is ESPN, they don't want to change the narrative. This is the same complaint that G5 schools have. I should know better than to argue with you.

Why do you think ESPN vs ESPN2 makes a difference? Everyone who gets ESPN gets ESPN2 and they are right next to each other in the lineup. ESPN generally gets higher ratings because the bigger events happen to be broadcast on ESPN. I doubt the ratings of any given event are affected at all by whether they are on ESPN or ESPN2. The average Joe who has no idea who NDSU is would have no greater inclination to watch the championship simply because it's on ESPN.

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Never said they didn't. Just said that more people have access to NBC than ESPN therefore making it easier to have more viewers watch a game. Is this not true?

I have no data to support whether it's true or not, but let's say for argument sakes that it's true.

Your point is moot, since on other days where there was far more competition, SEVERAL games had far more viewership and not all of them were greatly promoted either.

So since there were far more viewership on equally less promoted games, it's obvious that access wasn't an issue, but what people chose to watch. Is that not true?

centennial
January 18th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Why do you think ESPN vs ESPN2 makes a difference? Everyone who gets ESPN gets ESPN2 and they are right next to each other in the lineup. ESPN generally gets higher ratings because the bigger events happen to be broadcast on ESPN. I doubt the ratings of any given event are affected at all by whether they are on ESPN or ESPN2. The average Joe who has no idea who NDSU is would have no greater inclination to watch the championship simply because it's on ESPN.
Your argument is logical. Being on ESPN helps ratings, ESPN promoting a game helps. ESPN > ESPN 2 > ESPN U >> ESPN3 for ratings. I think we can all agree that ESPN didn't promote the game, not even as much as an average bowl game. Here are the numbers for the football season, only a few games on ESPN 2 match ESPN, and that is when ESPN is promoting the game-
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Wilson16
January 18th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I have no data to support whether it's true or not, but let's say for argument sakes that it's true.

Your point is moot, since on other days where there was far more competition, SEVERAL games had far more viewership and not all of them were greatly promoted either.

So since there were far more viewership on equally less promoted games, it's obvious that access wasn't an issue, but what people chose to watch. Is that not true?

I have no data to support whether it's true or not, but let's say for arguments sake that it's true.

Your point is moot since there are 12 million more homes that have access to NBC than ESPN and you have no idea how many of them were watching NBC because they don't have ESPN and they had nothing else to watch that day.

I can play this game all day.

You have your view and have told others on here that there view is wrong when you have only speculation just like everyone else. To a person everyone understands there is a difference between a game on NBC vs ESPN vs ESPN. With the exception of you that is. Explain your definition of greatly promoted vs normally promoted.
Were you watching tv 24 - 7 or just basing that on when you were watching tv and did or didn't see the promotions.

bluedog
January 18th, 2015, 05:42 PM

I have no data to support whether it's true or not, but let's say for arguments sake that it's true.

Your point is moot since there are 12 million more homes that have access to NBC than ESPN and you have no idea how many of them were watching NBC because they don't have ESPN and they had nothing else to watch that day.

I can play this game all day.

You have your view and have told others on here that there view is wrong when you have only speculation just like everyone else. To a person everyone understands there is a difference between a game on NBC vs ESPN vs ESPN. With the exception of you that is. Explain your definition of greatly promoted vs normally promoted.
Centennial Were you watching tv 24 - 7 or just basing that on when you were watching tv and did or didn't see the promotions.

Well it would appear that you should be playing with centennial, since he/she brought up the game not being promoted.

I took the liberty of fixing it for you. Have fun.

caribbeanhen
January 18th, 2015, 05:53 PM
What corruption??

Monoploy

Wilson16
January 19th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Well it would appear that you should be playing with centennial, since he/she brought up the game not being promoted.

I took the liberty of fixing it for you. Have fun.

You're the one flapping the gums about everyone else being wrong. You asked for stats to back it up and I did.

All day long!! You can bold it for me again if u want :)

Professor Chaos
January 19th, 2015, 09:12 AM
The NDSU/Coastal Carolina game drew 1.4M viewers on Saturday 12/13 on ESPN. The NDSU/SHSU game, which was a more meaningful game, drew half that on Friday 12/19 on ESPN2. It makes a difference, there probably isn't much of a difference between households that have ESPN and ESPN2 but there's a lot of casual watchers (at home and at bars/restaurants) where ESPN is just the default.

Which is another reason why it's eye opening (in a good way) to me that the FCS Championship on ESPN2 drew more viewers than a decent chunk of minor bowl games which were all on ESPN.

AmsterBison
January 19th, 2015, 10:00 AM
You're the one flapping the gums about everyone else being wrong. You asked for stats to back it up and I did.

Yeah, all I did was try to answer a question. Didn't know that people were asking for ammo to poo-poo the FCS or I would have suggested that they learn to search the web.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/255557121.html

The FCS quarterfinal game on ESPN on a Saturday got more viewers than the three games of the DI hockey championship... combined. The "Frozen Four" consisted of two semis on ESPN2 and a final on ESPN on Saturday prime-time. Those ratings were touted as a good thing.

Which leads to the question... what would acceptable tv ratings for the FCS championship game be? Do they have to be equal to a Wisconsin v Auburn bowl game on New Year's Day? Or are people making the point that the playoff-participating FCS conferences should look to joining the G5 in a new FCS playoff system?

BisonFan02
January 19th, 2015, 11:41 AM
G5 "left overs" from P5 shift, plus MVFC, Big Sky, CAA, Southland, and SoCon (similar shift of teams from Big South, OVC, etc.) and we are back to some sort of "College Division" or new/improved FCS....the SWAC/MEAC, Ivy, NEC, OVC, Pioneer, etc. would have decisions to make (or not?).

bluedog
January 19th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Yeah, all I did was try to answer a question. Didn't know that people were asking for ammo to poo-poo the FCS or I would have suggested that they learn to search the web.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/255557121.html

The FCS quarterfinal game on ESPN on a Saturday got more viewers than the three games of the DI hockey championship... combined. The "Frozen Four" consisted of two semis on ESPN2 and a final on ESPN on Saturday prime-time. Those ratings were touted as a good thing.

Which leads to the question... what would acceptable tv ratings for the FCS championship game be? Do they have to be equal to a Wisconsin v Auburn bowl game on New Year's Day? Or are people making the point that the playoff-participating FCS conferences should look to joining the G5 in a new FCS playoff system?

Actually I think those are acceptable ratings until some game on the FCS level raises the bar.

bluedog
January 23rd, 2015, 08:09 AM
:cool:

Professor Chaos
January 23rd, 2015, 08:22 AM
FYI...your stupidity has been blocked also.

But feel free to keep spouting your stupidity, like the other attention whore.

xeyebrowx

Are you posting on AGS via telegraph? Did it a take 4 days for your response to make it?

tomq04
January 23rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
0-o

What a guy

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 02:37 PM
Actually I think those are acceptable ratings until some game on the FCS level raises the bar.

This one had right at 2 million a little while back also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knX92v66gg8

No_Skill
January 24th, 2015, 08:52 AM

I remember watching that game. Can't wait to visit Wash-Griz this fall. I've driven by the stadium many times and always wanted to watch a game there.

SeattleGriz
January 24th, 2015, 10:02 AM

I love how ESPN had to turn down the "volume" to start out that game. When the game starts, the crowd noise is all washed out. Took ESPN a couple of minutes to make the crowd noise reasonable.

2015 The Year of the Griz

GAD
January 24th, 2015, 12:23 PM
The SWAC is the most watched conference in FCS

centennial
January 24th, 2015, 01:20 PM
The SWAC is the most watched conference in FCS
Prove it. How many games on TV? How many on national networks? What kind of ratings?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 24th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I remember watching that game. Can't wait to visit Wash-Griz this fall. I've driven by the stadium many times and always wanted to watch a game there.

Well you should contact and meet up with us and go with us next time. Look forward to the game this season but I'm talking anytime.

GAD
January 24th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Prove it. How many games on TV? How many on national networks? What kind of ratings?
I was talking about fans in the stands

AmsterBison
January 24th, 2015, 04:11 PM
I love how ESPN had to turn down the "volume" to start out that game. When the game starts, the crowd noise is all washed out. Took ESPN a couple of minutes to make the crowd noise reasonable.

2015 The Year of the Griz

That game looked fantastic on TV.

bluedog
January 24th, 2015, 04:25 PM

01/28/14 - 11:35 AM]
ESPN Rolls Out Unprecedented College Softball Schedule
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPNEWS will combine to televise more than 40 games, including the entire SEC tournament and the ACC, American, SWAC, and Big South championship games.
[via press release from ESPN]
ESPN Rolls Out Unprecedented College Softball Schedule

More than 80 Regular-Season Games; Five Conference Championship Games

ESPN will offer an unprecedented college softball lineup this season with more than 80 regular-season games scheduled across its networks. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPNEWS will combine to televise more than 40 games, including the entire SEC tournament and the ACC, American, SWAC, and Big South championship games. In addition, ESPN3 will carry more than 40 exclusive regular-season games to be announced at a later date. The television schedule begins with preseason No. 1 Tennessee hosting South Carolina on Sunday, March 23, at 2:30 p.m. on ESPNU.

Once the regular season concludes, ESPN's coverage will continue with regional round coverage and every pitch of the super regionals and the NCAA Women's College World Series.

Additional television highlights:

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/01/28/espn-rolls-out-unprecedented-college-softball-schedule-138013/20140128espn01/#SMdiIkalEhZA0Xdp.99

As part of the agreement:
. Regular-season: ESPNU will acquire exclusive cable rights for
MEAC and SWAC football and men's basketball. ESPNU will televise a
minimum of seven football contests, primarily on Thursday nights, and
eight men's basketball games a year from each conference.
. Multiple sports: ESPNU will provide extensive action from
numerous MEAC and SWAC sports including women's basketball, baseball,
softball, volleyball, track & field and more.
. Conference Championships: ESPNU or ESPN Classic will offer
coverage of the SWAC football conference championship. Also, ESPNU will
televise matchups from each conference's men's and women's basketball
tournaments. ESPN2 will continue to cover the MEAC and SWAC men's
basketball conference championships, while ESPNU will televise the
women's.
. ESPN Classic: ESPN Classic will offer live telecasts of at least
one MEAC and SWAC football and men's basketball contest a year.

"These agreements illustrate the wide-ranging collection of quality
ESPNU offerings that will serve college sports fans everywhere," Magnus
said. "We look forward to providing tremendous national exposure of
these two historic conferences and their member institutions. Sports
fans across the country can tune to ESPNU, ESPN Classic and ESPN2 to
learn more about the fascinating stories about the great rivalries,
athletes and traditions of these teams."

Thomas said, "This is truly a groundbreaking moment for the MEAC. To
have a partnership with a world-known brand like ESPN is significant. I
must commend ESPN's leadership for not only seeing a value in our
product but having the financial courage to make a commitment to our
conference. There are some encouraging benefits outside of the obvious
television exposure which will give our universities and athletic
programs world-wide exposure. This deal will provide our coaches and
student-athletes an opportunity to be seen by the world. I would not be
surprised if some of our coaches would move on to other opportunities
collegiate
and professionally by virtue of people seeing their product. We look
forward to the MEAC growing with the ESPNU brand."

Vowels added, "We are excited about the opportunity to partner with
ESPN, the world leader in multimedia sports entertainment. ESPN has
made a tremendous commitment to diversity and inclusion and that fits
within our scope. The partnership will enable millions of viewers to
learn about the history of the 10 historically black institutions that
are members of the Southwestern Athletic Conference. More importantly,
the partnership provides a national and international platform to build
the SWAC brand, heighten the awareness, showcase each campus and provide
pertinent information about the academic and athletic programs at each
institution."

centennial
January 24th, 2015, 05:15 PM
I was talking about fans in the stands
Umm, how about no for regular home games?
(http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013.pdfSWAC)http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013.pdf

SWAC- 9.9k/fans
MVFC -10.1k/fans
I didn't even take the time to calculate the other conferences. At best you are in the top 2. As for the TV, outside of the wall of text BlueDog posted there are no numbers to tell which FCS conference is the most watched.
MVFC had 50 football games on some kind of TV.
http://www.valley-football.org/multimedia/default/

bluedog
January 24th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Umm, how about no for regular home games?
(http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013.pdfSWAC)http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013.pdf

SWAC- 9.9k/fans
MVFC -10.1k/fans
I didn't even take the time to calculate the other conferences. At best you are in the top 2. As for the TV, outside of the wall of text BlueDog posted there are no numbers to tell which FCS conference is the most watched.
MVFC had 50 football games on some kind of TV.
http://www.valley-football.org/multimedia/default/

Kind of simple actually, if your conference hasn't had a national tv contract with the largest sports network in the world since 2005, the answer would be not your conference.

As of yet the NCAA hasn't reported this years final attendance total, but as of the year 2013, the FCS attendance leader is as it has been since the dawn of time. The SWAC (2014 fcs conference attendance record) with a total attendance number of 682,841 and an avg. attendance record of 12,415

centennial
January 24th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Kind of simple actually, if your conference hasn't had a national tv contract with the largest sports network in the world since 2005, the answer would be not your conference.

As of yet the NCAA hasn't reported this years final attendance total, but as of the year 2013, the FCS attendance leader is as it has been since the dawn of time. The SWAC (http://2014 fcs conference attendance record) with a total attendance number of 682,841 and an avg. attendance record of 12,415
a am 9711
a st 14387
alcorn 4130
jackson st 17286
miss valley 4896
ark state 6653
grambling 8918
p a&m 5382
southern 20107
t southern 6619
98089/10 = 9808.9 Avg Attendance, unless you want to show me a link that says otherwise..

Found some TV links and its not even close.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/21/missouri-valley-conference

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/31/year/2013/swac-conference

bluedog
January 24th, 2015, 08:28 PM
a am 9711
a st 14387
alcorn 4130
jackson st 17286
miss valley 4896
ark state 6653
grambling 8918
p a&m 5382
southern 20107
t southern 6619
98089/10 = 9808.9 Avg Attendance, unless you want to show me a link that says otherwise..

There no need for that, since you're not showing any link validating what you just posted.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/21/missouri-valley-conference

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/31/year/2013/swac-conference

That's doesn't show games that were picked up, not only by ESPN but CSTV and CBS sports. But I agree, one year of having 80% of your games streamed online, and all other being broadcast regionally, doesn't come close to nationally broadcast games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GAD
January 24th, 2015, 08:49 PM
a am 9711
a st 14387
alcorn 4130
jackson st 17286
miss valley 4896
ark state 6653
grambling 8918
p a&m 5382
southern 20107
t southern 6619

Are those games played in the teams home stadiums only? or do they include neutral site games also?

citdog
January 24th, 2015, 08:49 PM
espn obviously doesn't care about the level of play on the field or the fact that at best these games appeal to 13% of the population. I wonder why they put these games on? Anyone have an idea?

GAD
January 24th, 2015, 09:51 PM
espn obviously doesn't care about the level of play on the field or the fact that at best these games appeal to 13% of the population. I wonder why they put these games on? Anyone have an idea?
ESPN is a television network, they cares about football people actually want to see. Many of the teams you consider "good" can't sell tickets so why put them on TV if no one wants to see them

citdog
January 25th, 2015, 12:29 AM
ESPN is a television network, they cares about football people actually want to see. Many of the teams you consider "good" can't sell tickets so why put them on TV if no one wants to see them

many schools in the swac aren't selling many tickets either as was shown above........

GAD
January 25th, 2015, 04:35 PM
many schools in the swac aren't selling many tickets either as was shown above........
The SWAC is just like any other conference in that regard the top drawing teams (Jackson State & Southern) can draw with the best of them in FCS.
Middle of the pack teams (Alabama State, Alcorn, Grambling) draw anywhere between 8K & 12K per game and are usually in the top 25 in attendance

ursus arctos horribilis
January 25th, 2015, 04:41 PM
The SWAC is just like any other conference in that regard the top drawing teams (Jackson State & Southern) can draw with the best of them in FCS.
Middle of the pack teams (Alabama State, Alcorn, Grambling) draw anywhere between 8K & 12K per game and are usually in the top 25 in attendance

Truth. It's not like every conference doesn't hava a few at the top, a few in the middle, and a few at the bottom and if one conference's top, middle, & bottom match up then there is nothing to argue about there.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 04:54 PM

The SWAC is a novelty that draws a lot of viewers. So does Dancing with the Stars.

They both have about the same to do with quality football.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 25th, 2015, 05:05 PM
The SWAC is a novelty that draws a lot of viewers. So does Dancing with the Stars.

Funny and true at the same time...xlolx

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 06:19 PM

But yet it keep producing NFL HOF, and Super Bowl contender's.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 06:42 PM
But yet it keep producing NFL HOF, and Super Bowl contender's.

Do you get a t-shirt for that?

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Do you get a t-shirt for that?

You should know. I'm sure the Missouri Valley conference had it share of NFL HOF's

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 06:52 PM
You should know. I'm sure the Missouri Valley conference had it share of NFL HOF's

yeah, this is AnyGivenSaturday. Not Sunday.

Go to the Other Sports thread if you want to talk about the NFL.

centennial
January 25th, 2015, 06:53 PM

How many players have made it to the NFL from the SWAC in the last 5 years? How many draft picks? How many to camps? Face it, the level of football played is mid-lower D2 level. And outside of historical interest there isn't much to be excited about.

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 07:00 PM
yeah, this is AnyGivenSaturday. Not Sunday.

Go to the Other Sports thread if you want to talk about the NFL.

Using your simple logic simple logic, the site should be closed for the day than.

I'm proud of the SWAC NFL HOF lineage, you should be proud of your school or conference HOF lineage too.

I have to admit that I don't know much about it, so would you mind sharing?

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 07:09 PM
How many players have made it to the NFL from the SWAC in the last 5 years? How many draft picks? How many to camps? Face it, the level of football played is mid-lower D2 level. And outside of historical interest there isn't much to be excited about.

If you look as ignorant as you are, you're in big trouble dude.

Cleveland Browns: Isaiah Crowell (Alabama State University)

New Orleans Saints: Terron Armstead (University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff)

New York Giants: Larry Donnell (Grambling State University)

Oakland Raiders: Greg Jenkins (Alabama State University)

Washington Redskins: Frank Kearse (Alabama A&M University)

Jason Hatcher (Grambling State University)

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 07:15 PM
If you look as ignorant as you are, you're in big trouble dude.

Cleveland Browns: Isaiah Crowell (Alabama State University)

New Orleans Saints: Terron Armstead (University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff)

New York Giants: Larry Donnell (Grambling State University)

Oakland Raiders: Greg Jenkins (Alabama State University)

Washington Redskins: Frank Kearse (Alabama A&M University)

Jason Hatcher (Grambling State University)

That's all?

NDSU has 6 in the NFL all by its lonesome.

The MVFC has over 20, by my rough count.

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 07:18 PM
That's all?

NDSU has 6 in the NFL all by its lonesome.

The MVFC has over 20, by my rough count.

You're kind of slow huh?

I don't recall asking you how many you had in the NFL.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 07:42 PM
You're kind of slow huh?

I don't recall asking you how many you had in the NFL.

Don't really care what you asked or didn't. Just proving the point that the SWAC is on the wane in everything but yearly band contests on NBC.

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Don't really care what you asked or didn't. Just proving the point that the SWAC is on the wane in everything but yearly band contests on NBC.

Dude the only thing you've proving is your level of ignorance of anything outside your small world.

BTW I notice that every conference that you guys join eventually becomes defunct.

You might want to concern yourself with that, instead of things you know nothing about.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Dude the only thing you've proving is your level of ignorance of anything outside your small world.

BTW I notice that every conference that you guys join eventually becomes defunct.

You might want to concern yourself with that, instead of things you know nothing about.

So what do you think the average score would be between NDSU and any of those teams the NFL'ers came from? Keep in mind NDSU is currently 4-0 against the SWAC without all the NFL HOF'ers

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Damn this fool his is actually bragging about beating Mississippi Valley twice and Prairieview.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Damn this fool his is actually bragging about beating Mississippi Valley twice and Prairieview.

Would Southern come to Fargo for a paycheck and a beatdown?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I noticed how you left off the 1965 Grambling team. You know, the one with all the Hall of Famers on it?

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Would Southern come to Fargo for a paycheck and a beatdown?

Have they done it yet?

There's your answer

Fargo doesn't have enough money for that to happen podnuh.

If we're getting $250k guarantee plus concessions and ticket sales, from a school that's not even an hours drive.

You know damn well Fargo can't afford it. Not to mention you sound like a damn fool asking if Southern needs a game from fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Have they done it yet?

There's your answer

Fargo doesn't have enough money for that to happen podnuh.

If we're getting $250k guarantee plus concessions and ticket sales, from a school that's not even an hours drive.

You know damn well Fargo can't afford it. Not to mention you sound like a damn fool asking if Southern needs a game from fargo.

Well all you SWACs look alike to me.

Is that racist? I'm going to need a ruling from citdog on that one.

You still didn't talk about your precious Hall of Fame ridden 1965 Grambling State team that got beat by little old non Hall of Fame NDSU.

bluedog
January 25th, 2015, 10:01 PM

You still didn't talk about your precious Hall of Fame ridden 1965 Grambling State team that got beat by little old non Hall of Fame NDSU.

So do all you north Dakota inbreds..

Is that racist? I'm going to have to ask Paul Mooney.

citdog
January 25th, 2015, 11:48 PM

survey says.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNhh0IjcroA

BisonFan02
January 26th, 2015, 12:03 AM

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/15326/3ca5f6eed27550d07afc281a4e47445d7e6d61d9.jpg?x=506&y=596&sig=e0c4f5e38a8829bbd461e4d8b21a2270

20-7 Bison....gave up a kickoff TD to Grambling....first championship of now many. :D

EDIT: I'm eagerly awaiting a retro NDSU uni.......someday...

bluedog
January 26th, 2015, 12:14 AM
We beat them all the time, so what's the big deal?

Was It on TV?

No?

Um....okay

centennial
January 26th, 2015, 12:26 AM
We beat them all the time, so what's the big deal?

Was It on TV?

No?

Um....okay

Don't even pretend southern plays good football. You might get some games on TV to match or beat the MVFC, CAA etc. but the level of football is terrible. Southern is the 209th D1 program. You would get butchered by our 3rd string.

bluedog
January 26th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Don't even pretend southern plays good football. You might get some games on TV to match or beat the MVFC, CAA etc. but the level of football is terrible. Southern is the 209th D1 program. You would get butchered by our 3rd string.

Look you dumb Mitch. He's the one that brought up them beating grambling, trying to use it as a barometer.

You can't have it both ways, although I know you're accustom too.

If wants to brag about beating grambling in 1965, then you mitches have to except the fact we do it all the time, and your Mitch ass don't get to nic pic.

Again Mitch, how many NFL HOF do your school has. As a matter fact what school do you represent?

citdog
January 26th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Look you dumb Mitch. He's the one that brought up then beating gambling, trying to use it as a barometer.

You can't have our both ways, although I know you're accustom to.

If wants to brag about beating grambling in 1965, then you mitches have to except the fact we do it all the time, and you Mitch ass don't get to nic pic.

Again Mitch, how many NFL HOF so your school has. As a matter fact what school so you represent?

Damn it dude are you familiar with English?

Bisonoline
January 26th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Damn it dude are you familiar with English?

False teeth repo'd? Must be the hooked on phonics raising its ugly head.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 26th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Look you dumb Mitch. He's the one that brought up them beating grambling, trying to use it as a barometer.

You can't have it both ways, although I know you're accustom too.

If wants to brag about beating grambling in 1965, then you mitches have to except the fact we do it all the time, and your Mitch ass don't get to nic pic.

Again Mitch, how many NFL HOF do your school has. As a matter fact what school do you represent?

I have to go very slowly for you. You mentioned your dumb little conference having a lot of NFL Hall of Famers. Since all you have now is a half dozen scrubs who happen to be on NFL rosters, I looked back a the time my school beat one of your schools with a lot of NFL Hall of Famers.

Your team, Southern University would get the ever living **** beat out of them by my team, NDSU. I don't know how more plain I could say that.

You guys have stopped playing a high quality, competitive type of football and have instead become a talent show. But you get a lot of viewers, since that's important or something.

Bisonator
January 26th, 2015, 09:04 AM
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/85201.jpg

AmsterBison
January 26th, 2015, 09:14 AM
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/85201.jpg

And who is to say that they aren't both right?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 26th, 2015, 09:46 AM

Not sure how to take that.

semobison
January 26th, 2015, 10:01 AM

Winner...winner, chicken dinner!

BisonFan02
January 26th, 2015, 12:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=322662449

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=323012504

MR. CHICKEN
January 26th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Winner...winner, chicken dinner!

20535......WHOA!.........xeekx........BRAWK!

bluedog
January 26th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I have to go very slowly for you. You mentioned your dumb little conference having a lot of NFL Hall of Famers. Since all you have now is a half dozen scrubs who happen to be on NFL rosters, I looked back a the time my school beat one of your schools with a lot of NFL Hall of Famers.

Your team, Southern University would get the ever living **** beat out of them by my team, NDSU. I don't know how more plain I could say that.

You guys have stopped playing a high quality, competitive type of football and have instead become a talent show. But you get a lot of viewers, since that's important or something.

Here you go showing your level of ignorance again. When did they start NFL players on college teams. They didn't beat ateam full of NFL HOF's dumbass. The beat a group of college kids.

The fact that you think because your school beat a grambling team years ago before you were a sperm, shows your level of ignorance about the game of football has no boundaries.

The fact that you called any NFL player a scrub, let alone starters in the NFL scrub, shows the level of Stupidity you have to go long with your ignorance.

You need to get your ignorant azz out of that damn cave.

xlolx xbawlingx Blahhhh bragging about beating Mississsippi Valley and Prairie View.

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox Fool with beat Prairie View with walk-ons, freshmen and only one equipment manager.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 26th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Here you go showing your level of ignorance again. When did they start NFL players on college teams. They didn't beat ateam full of NFL HOF's dumbass. The beat a group of college kids.

The fact that you think because your school beat a grambling team years ago before you were a sperm, shows your level of ignorance about the game of football has no boundaries.

The fact that you called any NFL player a scrub, let alone starters in the NFL scrub, shows the level of Stupidity you have to go long with your ignorance.

xlolx xbawlingx Blahhhh bragging about beating Mississsippi Valley and Prairie View.

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox Fool with beat Prairie View with walk-ons, freshmen and only one equipment manager.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.thegamecrafter.com/93d1d537364596941b066ebe7bb2453d8d8c12d7

centennial
January 26th, 2015, 06:48 PM

You do know that Southern is only a 3 point favorite against pvam? Last season you only won by 10 points. That is not an indication of superiority.

bluedog
January 26th, 2015, 06:58 PM
You do know that Southern is only a 3 point favorite against pvam? Last season you only won by 10 points. That is not an indication of superiority.

Lol.....you nen come poop. Nobody said anything about being superior , and we won by ten with walk-ons and freshmen because of certification snafu and the game wasn't that close.

You dummies continue to showcase your ignorance.

Still waiting for you to tell me the historic game changing events your school contribute.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 26th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Lol.....you nen come poop. Nobody said anything about being superior , and we won by ten with walk-ons and freshmen because of certification snafu and the game wasn't that close.

You dummies continue to showcase your ignorance.

Still waiting for you to tell me the historic game changing events your school contribute.

4 National Championships in a row. 12 National Championships in 3 Divisions.

681 Wins.

47 out of 50 winning seasons.

31 conference championships

In other words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

bluedog
January 26th, 2015, 07:27 PM
4 National Championships in a row. 12 National Championships in 3 Divisions.

681 Wins.

47 out of 50 winning seasons.

31 conference championships

In other words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

Here's another nen come poop that doesn't know when he's spoken too.

Bisonator
January 26th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Here's another nen come poop that doesn't know when he's spoken too.

It's nincompoop not nen come poop you nincompoop!xlolx

bluedog
January 26th, 2015, 07:36 PM
It's nincompoop not nen come poop you nincompoop!xlolx

Um....it's slang, it really doesn't matter. ...obviously.
Lol

NoDak 4 Ever
January 26th, 2015, 08:17 PM
This is rather entertaining.

Bisonator
January 26th, 2015, 08:29 PM
This is rather entertaining.

And only 7 more months to go.

Professor Chaos
January 27th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Um....it's slang, it really doesn't matter. ...obviously.
Lol
Yeah! The rest of you need to:

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

saxbison
January 27th, 2015, 10:28 AM
TLDR of this thread:

Generic AGS user: Hey look, FCS has been getting decent ratings!
Bluedog: The SWAC is the most watched conference in FCS football
Generic AGS user: But this game had more viewers than that other game.
Bluedog: Show me statistics. I don't mean just normal numbers, I want to see your tax returns from 2004.
Generic AGS user: But the SWAC sucks at football
Bluedog: That's really not relevant to the conversation.

Bisonoline
January 27th, 2015, 09:51 PM
TLDR of this thread:

Generic AGS user: Hey look, FCS has been getting decent ratings!
Bluedog: The SWAC is the most watched conference in FCS football
Generic AGS user: But this game had more viewers than that other game.
Bluedog: Show me statistics. I don't mean just normal numbers, I want to see your tax returns from 2004.
Generic AGS user: But the SWAC sucks at football
Bluedog: That's really not relevant to the conversation.

You forgot----and your a gay inbred bigot.. So quit muddying up the waters with facts. And quit staying on topic.