PDA

View Full Version : Former Lehigh HC's to Face-Off Saturday!

ngineer
November 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Kevin Higgins (The Citadel) and Pete Lembo (Elon) will face each other across the field Saturday. The were Lehigh's last two head coaches: Higgins from 1994-2000, and Lembo from 2001-2005. Lembo was Higgins #1 assistant in the late 1990's. Should make for some interesting pre-game talk in the SoCon. Would be interested what any of our Bulldog or Phoenix brothers have to say about this?:)

Millwoch
November 16th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Take a look at the current SOCON standing and you can see the teams that are up and coming. Both The Citadel and Elon have made significant strides this year. There will be little secrets on either sideline as not only did Lembo and Higgins coach at the same school in years past, but talk weekly about their upcoming conference games. I have never seen Elon play, but I hear they air it out a little more than The Citadel. But Higgins has been a master of long, clock control drives and Lawson (Citadel QB) has played better each week. Turnovers and special teams may determine the winner here.

I will be making my first trip to Elon this weekend. Any Elon folks with any tips on getting to the game, where to park and tailgate is appreciated. See ya'll Saturday.

gophoenix
November 16th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Glad to have you at Elon.

Word is that we have 9 starters out for this game with injuries, some from on the field stuff and one from a bad car accident.

Elon is easy to get to, take the Elon exit off I-40, it's a direct shot now. Take a right onto church street for a great Barbeque place (Huey's) in the Food Lion shopping center on the left.

Elon air's it really well and plays a fair number of trick plays which makes Pope the receiver and Bo Williamson or Terrell Hudgins the passer. Not much clock control with us, we are no huddle and quick to get a drive going and taken care of.

Should be a great game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Seems like a lot of people are up in arms on the Elon board because Lembo scrapped Sr. day ceremonies. Has he decided to to go ahead with the traditional Sr. day at Elon with all the uproar?

lizrdgizrd
November 16th, 2006, 03:50 PM
It's nice to see these two teams take steps in the right direction. I'm all for making the SoCon the toughest conference in I-AA!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
...and two former Bill Russo assistants at Lafayette are going head-to-head as head coaches... Murphy at Harvard, and Sidlecki at Yale.

gophoenix
November 16th, 2006, 04:26 PM
The whole senior day thing is blown out of proportion if you ask me.

Millwoch
November 17th, 2006, 12:09 PM
9 starters out? What is going on up there? I hope no one is seriously hurt.

gophoenix
November 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM
9 starters out? What is going on up there? I hope no one is seriously hurt.

One was in a horrible car accident. The top SoCon receiver received a high ankle sprain in the first drive of the Furman game. #2 receiver was hurt in the Furman game. Two LBs have been sidelined with concussions. One DL has a sprain of some sort. An offensive lineman is out as well. Starting punter is out. Starting kicker is out with a leg after being tackled on a fake earlier this season. Just the typical thing that happens late in the year with football.