PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Early Preseason Rankings... NDSU Number 1...

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 14th, 2015, 07:27 AM
In the Sports Network early 2015 rankings NDSU in ranked number 1. What do you think of the early rankings?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_01_13_2015.htm

ISUMatt
January 14th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Without seeing the rankings I agree NDSU is #1

ISUMatt

NoDak 4 Ever
January 14th, 2015, 07:55 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/0/0/Ric%20Flair%20AP%20Graphics%20Bank%20660.jpg

Cocky
January 14th, 2015, 08:40 AM
NDSU No1, then who knows.

McNeese75
January 14th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Based on 2014, McNeese has no business on that list.

Well, unless Viator comes up with 15 transfers next month :D (not happening)

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Where is Fordham?

Winindy
January 14th, 2015, 09:15 AM
I could go with NDSU #1, but it'd be by a hair over the Redbirds. Huge losses on the Bison D losing 7 starters.

NDSUtmmkr
January 14th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Don't the Redbirds lose almost as much on D as the Bison?

AmsterBison
January 14th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Don't the Redbirds lose almost as much on D as the Bison?

The quality of what NDSU lost is pretty glaring though - five future NDSU Hall of Famers (at least.)

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2015, 09:34 AM
If this season teaches us anything it should be that there are teams that lose players and fall off on the depth charts and the rankings. Then there are teams that reload. NDSU is one of the latter. Not saying we aren't losing some great players but the last 4 years has been a boon for NDSU's recruiting and we have talent coming up in the ranks that will rival or better anyone else at this level. Yes there will be growing pains as you can't replace game time experience but then again you can't teach certain talents either they have to be there to begin with and NDSU's recruits (Urzendowski is an example of this) have these talents. With experience they are going to shine just like Urzendowski. I see no reason why NDSU shouldn't be #1.

Winindy
January 14th, 2015, 09:39 AM
The quality of what NDSU lost is pretty glaring though - five future NDSU Hall of Famers (at least.)
This. And I think ISUr has a slightly better offense. NDSU's ability to teach defense is the can be the difference.

Bisonator
January 14th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Probably a fair list at this point. Hell you could throw darts at a wall and come up with a list that is just as relevant. I mean sheesh it's less then a week after the NC and they are already trying to predict next years rankings!xlolx

Lehigh'98
January 14th, 2015, 09:49 AM
CItadel #1. Lehigh is ridiculousle high

Professor Chaos
January 14th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Idk if I'd rank NDSU #1 yet. Illinois St proved that they're not far behind NDSU, if at all, and I think they're bringing back more key contributors than NDSU will on defense. Both teams bring back a ton on offense if I recall correctly.

ISUMatt
January 14th, 2015, 10:01 AM
ISU loses 10 starters, 5 offensive, 5 defensive... Good news is Roberson and Coprich are back

ISUMatt

McNeese72
January 14th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Based on 2014, McNeese has no business on that list.

Well, unless Viator comes up with 15 transfers next month :D (not happening)

He also needs to come up with some type of miracle injury healing machine if 2015 is like 2014.

Doc

IBleedYellow
January 14th, 2015, 11:14 AM
This line seems like it's improperly written: The Bison open at Montana and won't play an FBS opponent as well as Illinois State in the regular season once again, but considering coach Chris Klieman's squad will be less experienced defensively, a softer schedule might be beneficial.

I wouldn't call Montana soft.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM
This line seems like it's improperly written: The Bison open at Montana and won't play an FBS opponent as well as Illinois State in the regular season once again, but considering coach Chris Klieman's squad will be less experienced defensively, a softer schedule might be beneficial.

Sure as hell not in Missoula.

Bisonator
January 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM

Probably meant UND being softer then the Incarnate Word! :D

IBleedYellow
January 14th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Probably meant UND being softer then the Incarnate Word! :D

xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Where is Fordham?

The Rams lose too much to garner Top 17-20 consideration imo. They probably are the slight favorite heading into next year but I don't see them repeating. The PL right now is facing a bit of an identity crisis imo....

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2015, 03:12 PM
The PL right now is facing a bit of an identity crisis imo....

It has an identity. Well, most of them...

NoDak 4 Ever
January 14th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Where is Fordham?

The Bronx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 14th, 2015, 03:17 PM
It has an identity. Well, most of them...

Really? Fordham has 4 scholarship classes and didn't really build off of their 2013 season. Now they fall back to the pack imo. Bucknell was solid last year but ended the season with a terrible loss to Colgate. The rest of the league was a bumbling mess.

Part of that could be due to the coaching turnover at Colgate and Lehigh. Those two experienced huge transitional years.

NDSUSR
January 14th, 2015, 03:18 PM
I am booking my hotel for Frisco 2016 as I type this.

Anyone who thinks NDSU will be down next year has not been paying attention. :)

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Really? Fordham has 4 scholarship classes and didn't really build off of their 2013 season. Now they fall back to the pack imo. Bucknell was solid last year but ended the season with a terrible loss to Colgate. The rest of the league was a bumbling mess.

Identity wise, the PL is CAA-level football with an academic index. It no longer aspires to give it "the old college try" as dutiful Ivy schedule fodder...well at least the Ivy doesn't want to reciprocate.

I agree that Fordham will settle back to their old ways and that Lehigh and Colgate will work their way back to eight and nine win seasons every year. Lafayette will contend enough for Tavani to ride it all the way to retirement. Unfortunately for the LC fans on board, that may be 5-10 years away.

Bucknell will probably exceed its fans' expectations and Holy Cross will probably do the opposite.

ming01
January 14th, 2015, 03:59 PM
NDSU is #1 until they dont win a title again. Illinois State probably #2, as Spack seems to be recruiting nicely there. Rest is a crap shoot. SHSU and EWU should be solid again.

NDSU Fan
January 14th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I thought I read ISUr loses 4 on the OL, a receiver or 2 and it's TE???

Bison O is going to be sick, we always reload at LB, DE's will be a question mark, safety has depth but little experience. The kicking game is where I most worry. lol Also we've got a good RB who redshirted this season.

NDSUSR
January 14th, 2015, 07:02 PM
In unrelated news.... On this day in 1920 selling beer and liquor became illegal due to "Dry Laws".

So drink up America.

SU DOG
January 14th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Whoa!! How long has it been since Western Carolina has been mentioned in a pre-season top team rankings list?

X-Factor
January 14th, 2015, 09:09 PM
I would say this list is seriously missing the boat on Indiana State.

Bisonwinagn
January 14th, 2015, 10:17 PM
I don't see how SDSU is outside the top 10. Their backup QB played most of the year and they return almost everyone except Zenner.

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2015, 10:32 PM
...except Zenner.
I think there's your answer. Not that I agree necessarily, but I'm sure they'll have to show something without Zenner to regain some respect.

Kemo
January 15th, 2015, 01:36 AM
I think there's your answer. Not that I agree necessarily, but I'm sure they'll have to show something without Zenner to regain some respect.

While Zenner is obviously a big loss, I have little doubt SDSU's running game will still be strong, especially considering the O-line should be better and the new lead running back(s) may have a legitimate read option threat at QB, a luxury Zenner was never afforded.

Replacing Sumner will likely be more difficult, but at worst the Jacks will have a competent QB with some experience. Even with the reps this year, it's far from a given that Lujan will be the starter next year, as he is the least physically gifted scholarship QB on the roster. I won't be surprised if Dalton Douglas (RS Sophomore) or Chris Little (RS Freshman) supplant Lujan, and I'd say there's a slight chance the highly-touted true freshman QB we're bringing in wins the job.

With essentially the entire defensive side of the ball returning along with Weineke and most of the OL, barring an injury plagued year, I would be surprised if SDSU isn't at least a top 15 team next year.

deez_na
January 15th, 2015, 09:44 AM
I heard Illinois State picked up a 5 star FBS transfer from Ohio St. The dude started as a freshman, 6'-5" 260 #2 defensive end in that class.

BisonBacker
January 15th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Illinois State IMHO is doing it the wrong way. Trying to do it with transfers seems to be Spacks motto. That's going to backfire on him.

Professor Chaos
January 15th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Illinois State IMHO is doing it the wrong way. Trying to do it with transfers seems to be Spacks motto. That's going to backfire on him.
They actually have cut back a lot on transfers in the last couple years. They used to have many more FBS transfer than they do now. I recall looking through their roster in 2012 and it had all sorts of FBS transfers. Even though their QB is a transfer from Indiana I'd say the results on the field have proved that it's a better strategy to rely more in high school recruits than they have in the past.

Bison56
January 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Too early but fun to discuss. Im sure we will see some teams rise and some fall that no one saw coming.

Jacks02
January 15th, 2015, 10:18 AM
While Zenner is obviously a big loss, I have little doubt SDSU's running game will still be strong, especially considering the O-line should be better and the new lead running back(s) may have a legitimate read option threat at QB, a luxury Zenner was never afforded.

Replacing Sumner will likely be more difficult, but at worst the Jacks will have a competent QB with some experience. Even with the reps this year, it's far from a given that Lujan will be the starter next year, as he is the least physically gifted scholarship QB on the roster. I won't be surprised if Dalton Douglas (RS Sophomore) or Chris Little (RS Freshman) supplant Lujan, and I'd say there's a slight chance the highly-touted true freshman QB we're bringing in wins the job.

With essentially the entire defensive side of the ball returning along with Weineke and most of the OL, barring an injury plagued year, I would be surprised if SDSU isn't at least a top 15 team next year.

I agree. I think we could compete as a top 10 team next season. We have all-conference type players in LB Elmore and OL Shoff returning from injury and most of the rest of the defense as well. We lose Sumner, Schneider and Zenner on offense but have options at running back with Mangerelli and Isaac Wallace who drew rave reviews as a red-shirt this year. Wieneke of course is back and we have Lujan and others waiting in the wings at QB.

The cupboard is far from bare at SDSU.

344Johnson
January 15th, 2015, 12:16 PM

Did you not watch what Roberson did to NDSU or? If you get the chance to get a good player why does it matter where he comes from? Now if the guy is a big troublemaker, I'm with ya.... Unless he is Randy Moss.

Illinois State is in the heart of Big Ten country. Lots of players that might want to play more.

Catsfan90
January 15th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Did you not watch what Roberson did to NDSU or? If you get the chance to get a good player why does it matter where he comes from? Now if the guy is a big troublemaker, I'm with ya.... Unless he is Randy Moss.

Illinois State is in the heart of Big Ten country. Lots of players that might want to play more.

So is the FCS supposed to become the dumping ground for players who feel as though they are getting shafted? IMO if we want people to look at us on the same level as FBS schools, it is dettrimental to allow anyone who feels like it transfering in and immediately starting/ becoming stars.

when I look at the FCS compared to the FBS I see a different breed of player entirely. I see a player that forever reason was looked over by the big schools, but has every bit as much heart and determination as those five and four star recruits. Maybe they are a little smaller? or a little slower? or they didnt play for a high school that garnered national attention. Whatever it is they chose to attend an FCS school outright and thats who they orignally commited to.

IMO if you take a team of guys you recruited and bring them up to graduation that will work hard, and have pride for the school that recruited. When you look at a transfer, you really need to look at why they transfered. Not getting enough playing time? oh well, playing time is earned. It is something that you need to fight for from day one. If a player does transfer, I hope the coach sits them out for awhile behind someone who showed heart and commitment by coosing that team to begin with.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 15th, 2015, 12:39 PM

It has always been. So has SIU. How much has that translated into success?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 15th, 2015, 12:53 PM
So is the FCS supposed to become the dumping ground for players who feel as though they are getting shafted? IMO if we want people to look at us on the same level as FBS schools, it is dettrimental to allow anyone who feels like it transfering in and immediately starting/ becoming stars.

when I look at the FCS compared to the FBS I see a different breed of player entirely. I see a player that forever reason was looked over by the big schools, but has every bit as much heart and determination as those five and four star recruits. Maybe they are a little smaller? or a little slower? or they didnt play for a high school that garnered national attention. Whatever it is they chose to attend an FCS school outright and thats who they orignally commited to.

IMO if you take a team of guys you recruited and bring them up to graduation that will work hard, and have pride for the school that recruited. When you look at a transfer, you really need to look at why they transfered. Not getting enough playing time? oh well, playing time is earned. It is something that you need to fight for from day one. If a player does transfer, I hope the coach sits them out for awhile behind someone who showed heart and commitment by coosing that team to begin with.

You are looking at things a little simply. It has always happened and always will happen. Montana, and every other program has had their share of great players come from the drop down ranks and we have all had drop downs that couldn't produce.

Only a portion of FCS is competitive with a portion of FBS teams as it is so I don't think it's gonna be a thing of us needing to be seen on a level that most FBS is. The breed of player you are referring to is probably correct but some of those sorts of guys may have been categorized and feel like making things right by moving to where they can contribute at the position they feel they'd like to play.

As with anything, there is a proper mix for sure.

344Johnson
January 15th, 2015, 01:16 PM

OK. Playing time is earned. But you have to be realistic. If the guy in front of you is better, you can spend your college career on the bench... Or you can go somewhere you might get to play.

I don't know about you but if I chose a school because I wanted to play football, and I'm not getting to play, and may not really get to play moving forward, I don't think it would be unreasonable to consider leaving.

The best collection of players should be on the field, why would you sit a guy who gives your team a better chance at winning just because he hasn't been there as long?

msupokes1
January 15th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Not sure why they keep wasting their time putting McNeese in the preseason poll. They don't belong. I have come to the conclusion that you could suit NDSU up in McNeese uniforms and they would find a way to be 6-5. I don't care how good the team is they don't belong in the top 25.

BisonBacker
January 15th, 2015, 02:32 PM

This is the definition of what NDSU has been doing. To 344 yes I watched the game but you missed my point completely and CatsFan90 gets it.

BisonBacker
January 15th, 2015, 02:35 PM
OK. Playing time is earned. But you have to be realistic. If the guy in front of you is better, you can spend your college career on the bench... Or you can go somewhere you might get to play.

I don't know about you but if I chose a school because I wanted to play football, and I'm not getting to play, and may not really get to play moving forward, I don't think it would be unreasonable to consider leaving.

The best collection of players should be on the field, why would you sit a guy who gives your team a better chance at winning just because he hasn't been there as long?

You can call it what you want. If you commit to a school and are getting a scholly and you quit on them because you don't get to play and want to move down a level fine but I respect the guy that stays contributes to the team he committed to if that means practice squad ect. If every player had the mentality of "I'm not getting playing time so I'm going to leave" people would be leaving everywhere and ti would be chaos. There is a reason the NCAA has the rules they have in place about transfers.

344Johnson
January 15th, 2015, 02:47 PM
You can call it what you want. If you commit to a school and are getting a scholly and you quit on them because you don't get to play and want to move down a level fine but I respect the guy that stays contributes to the team he committed to if that means practice squad ect. If every player had the mentality of "I'm not getting playing time so I'm going to leave" people would be leaving everywhere and ti would be chaos. There is a reason the NCAA has the rules they have in place about transfers.

So you don't respect the players who leave? What's that saying I hear all the time in Fargo, "once a bison, always a bison"?

Doesn't really seem logical to go out of your way to keep a guy off the field because he didn't commit to this particular school when he was a 17-18 year old.

Different strokes for different folks. Discussion is good.

BisonBacker
January 15th, 2015, 04:24 PM
So you don't respect the players who leave? What's that saying I hear all the time in Fargo, "once a bison, always a bison"?

Doesn't really seem logical to go out of your way to keep a guy off the field because he didn't commit to this particular school when he was a 17-18 year old.

Different strokes for different folks. Discussion is good.

I said I respect a guy who commits to a program and stays. I never said anything about disrespecting those who leave. You can read into my comments anyway you like. I'm sure they all leave for different reasons of which some yes I can respect. Whether a guy leaves or not I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over me having any opinion one way or the other about his choice. It's just that his choice. But I respect the hell out of the guys who line up on the practice squad for the betterment of the team and give it their all. They are in it for an education and the experience to say I was part of the "TEAM" and not out looking for the spotlight. Like it or not it's life. There are only so many positions that can play at any one time. If the QB for Ohio State took the path these guys are taking he'd never of gotten his chance to shine. Life is funny that way but he stayed with it and he got his chance.

UNH Fanboi
January 15th, 2015, 06:03 PM

FBS transfers are a mixed bag. The key is finding the guys who are transferring for the right reasons and not relying too heavily on transfers. Some FBS transfers are malcontents, have behavorial issues or peaked in high school and simply couldn't hack it in FBS. If you rely too heavily on FBS transfers, you'll end up with a team of good athletes who haven' had enough time to learn the team's system.

Bisonator
January 15th, 2015, 07:08 PM
I have no issues with players transferring because of playing time, change in class work, time commitments or just plain home sickness but I do have issues with kids transferring because of illegal issues. Now if it's a one time deal and they seem to have their life straightened out, well everyone deserves at least one second chance but multiple offenses I have no use for those kind.

With that said I wouldn't want our program depending on multiple transfers year in and year out. It's a recipe for disaster. One or 2 a year to fill a need or add depth and only if they are a good fit for the program on and off the field and in the locker room.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 16th, 2015, 02:46 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10930845_10153074531104532_5915615094696250215_n.j pg?oh=93f9b6f346c950d405cde86b9f44141b&oe=55654768

LuckyKat
January 17th, 2015, 08:52 AM
After a 2 year hiatus,
KATS are back in the Natty in 2016

caribbeanhen
January 17th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Where is Fordham?

nestled nicely in the middle of a tenement ghetto Sir!

Herder
January 18th, 2015, 09:59 AM
NDSU is #1 until they dont win a title again. Illinois State probably #2, as Spack seems to be recruiting nicely there. Rest is a crap shoot. SHSU and EWU should be solid again.

Right, that's why UNH was given the #1 playoff seed with less of a resume. Let's face it, the voters are tired of NDSU. If voters or selection committee can move NDSU down, they will do so. This #1 until you don't win a championship idea is bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Hammerhead
January 18th, 2015, 01:54 PM
I could go with NDSU #1, but it'd be by a hair over the Redbirds. Huge losses on the Bison D losing 7 starters.

Yes, but there were plenty of holes to fill from the 2013 team that had 23 seniors.

CappinHard
February 12th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I am booking my hotel for Frisco 2016 as I type this.

Anyone who thinks NDSU will be down next year has not been paying attention. :)

NDSU may not be down, but the jackrabbit invasion in North Dakota has begun..... Muahahaha

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dozens-dog-sized-jackrabbits-development-north-dakota/story?id=28662261

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/status/562624809121484802/photo/1

PaladinFan
February 12th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Furman will play two of the top 6 teams in the country in the first three weeks of the season.

We will know real quick whether 2014 was an outlier for the Paladins.

gumby013
February 12th, 2015, 01:30 PM
NDSU may not be down, but the jackrabbit invasion in North Dakota has begun..... Muahahaha

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dozens-dog-sized-jackrabbits-development-north-dakota/story?id=28662261

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/status/562624809121484802/photo/1

I live right next to that park. There are currently 19 rabbits visible from my window.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 02:29 PM
According to ND law, you should be able to just grab them. I imagine rabbits that size have a lot of meat on them. There are a lot of wild game fans in that part of the country.

JSUBison
February 12th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I'd trap a few if I had fat rabbits like that in my yard all the time, rabbit is good eating. Set out a couple traps in the backyard and it won't take long. Live traps would probably have to be used so as you don't kill someone's cat or Pomeranian. xlolx

Ex Pat
February 13th, 2015, 09:26 AM
I live right next to that park. There are currently 19 rabbits visible from my window.

As do I, if I work late it's like playing slolum with those damn things in the street on my way home.

BucBisonAtLarge
February 13th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Where is Fordham?
+1

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 15th, 2015, 08:04 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone will be able to slow up the Bison offense next year. The OL is going to dominate many teams. Only 6 months to go.....

frozennorth
February 15th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone will be able to slow up the Bison offense next year. The OL is going to dominate many teams. Only 6 months to go.....

Offensively, NDSU 2015 is going to be miles ahead of NDSU 2013. I'm optimistic about an all-time team next year.

I think the top 2 linemen in fcs may be ndsu's left tackle and guard. Right tackle isn't far out of the conversation

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 15th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Offensively, NDSU 2015 is going to be miles ahead of NDSU 2013. I'm optimistic about an all-time team next year.

I think the top 2 linemen in fcs may be ndsu's left tackle and guard. Right tackle isn't far out of the conversation

Haeg and Johnson coming back from injury will make the left side of the line awesome. IMO...Kuhnert will move over to C. Hinz was decent at C but Kuhnert will better and stronger. Kelly and Lechler on the right side with Planners ready to fill in makes this OL potentially the best ever as a whole unit.

They are going to crush defenses. Great run/ pass blockers.

To every one of NDSU's opponents next year: Good luck!! lol

bisoninloveland
February 15th, 2015, 08:25 PM
and by the middle of the season the defense should improve to help out....

WestCoastAggie
February 15th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Honestly, A&T & NCCU should be on many Pre-Season top 25 polls.

IBleedYellow
February 15th, 2015, 09:17 PM

Haeg and Johnson coming back from injury will make the left side of the line awesome. IMO...Kuhnert will move over to C. Hinz was decent at C but Kuhnert will better and stronger. Kelly and Lechler on the right side with Planners ready to fill in makes this OL potentially the best ever as a whole unit.

They are going to crush defenses. Great run/ pass blockers.

To every one of NDSU's opponents next year: Good luck!! lol

Guys, you aren't supposed to say these things. We look like we're bragging when we say this, and clearly we are supposed to be worse since we've done this for 4 years now...almost 5.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Guys, you aren't supposed to say these things. We look like we're bragging when we say this, and clearly we are supposed to be worse since we've done this for 4 years now...almost 5.

You're right....the Bison will be terrible.

Ahh...screw the wussies on here that don't like it.

Bisonator
February 16th, 2015, 07:44 AM
The offense should be dominate from the get go and I'm optimistic the defense will be stout right away even with the losses on that side of the ball. I think our dline will actually be better and deeper as a whole even without KE. The OLB's will be the biggest question mark IMO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2015, 09:14 AM
The offense should be dominate from the get go and I'm optimistic the defense will be stout right away even with the losses on that side of the ball. I think our dline will actually be better and deeper as a whole even without KE. The OLB's will be the biggest question mark IMO.

I agree with the OLB spots. Hopefully 2 guys step up during spring ball. Stumpf seems quick to the ball but could use some more muscle on his frame.

The defense will probably have some growing pains early but I fully expect them to be very good.

slostang
February 16th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Cal Poly may not start the season in the top 25, but I expect them to end there. They return 10 starters off an offense that averaged 485 yards a game.

NDSUSR
February 16th, 2015, 12:46 PM

I am anxious to see Mooney play.

dewey
February 16th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Cal Poly may not start the season in the top 25, but I expect them to end there. They return 10 starters off an offense that averaged 485 yards a game.

How many returning starters come back on defense? With 10 starters coming back on offense you guys should be able to score some points.

Dewey

slostang
February 16th, 2015, 03:20 PM
How many returning starters come back on defense? With 10 starters coming back on offense you guys should be able to score some points.

DeweySix, but we add a few transfers to help beef up the defense. We are getting a CB from Washington State (played last year as a true freshman with one start), LB from Boise State and a DL from Iowa.

tomq04
February 17th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Six, but we add a few transfers to help beef up the defense. We are getting a CB from Washington State (played last year as a true freshman with one start), LB from Boise State and a DL from Iowa.

I've been respectful of Cal Poly the past 2 years, the preseason fiasco was the only thing keeping them from being a solid #2 in the big fluffy last year.